AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-24, 07:10   Link #1381
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
I have a better idea about the rabbit. First, wash him in very very frigid water, then put him in the blazing sun. He will die from it.

Well, my real life friend had accidentally killed his rabbit this way.
Brutes.... Rabbit and Carrot Stew anyone? Anyway, with so many questions unanswered, I guess a third season is doable. If thats the case, I just hope RM's growing popularity doesnt kill it... if this thread hasn't already done so...

WOOT!! Page 70!!!

edit: OEI PHYSICS... IF i wanted Marble Drop I would have played the game. *dark muttering....* heh... its is kinda intellectual...

Last edited by Lost; 2006-03-24 at 08:12.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 07:14   Link #1382
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm quite distracted by my disorganized thoughts on this topic. I've been quite an idiot recently (too much exposure to computers, I guess). I couldn't even write a three-page essay well, but that's that ...

I watched Rozen Maiden and Traumend in a single-day binge. That means I analyzed and understood the storyline and the plot, but didn't really take time to dissect it. I have seen your different takes on this topic and I must say they are refreshing and intellectual.

(I have to SERIOUSLY rewatch RM and RMT.)

Ergo Proxy, on the other hand, is way too analyzed by me, because it's just that kind of anime which invites and merits over-analyzation ... it also helps that I watch its each of its episodes twice a week. Don't worry, when I'll have the time - I definitely would because I'd have a month's break from school (and Internet) - I'll rewatch it and dissect it ... very finely.

Look at my signature. I'm going to make an essay on RM's characterization. I promise ...

Suigintou simply realized that all her repression and free-floating anger was futile, really. You can be a soursop all your life and still be discontented. That is what repression usually brings: discontentment. Instead of being content with anger, one just gets deeper and deeper into it (and offends more people as one dives).

I must say that the characters of Rozen Maiden are well-crafted. Their subtleties could par with Ergo Proxy (of which I am a fanboy) but they are without the philosophical and intellectual baggage that comes with EP. In short, they can be human in all complexity without being inhuman. Do you get my drift?

Humans are complex beings, but they follow a pattern. Although we usually ordain ourselves intelligent we still are simple, really. This is what RM attains very well: the humanity of humans and of dolls. It also attains well our psychology ... and anthropomorphically and flawlessly places this psychology into the dolls.

Overall, and I'll say this time and again, this is a very wonderful anime. I couldn't choose between it and Ergo Proxy, however ... but I do know that EP may descend into Speed Grapher (as many people say) but I still treasure it.

I think this is because I haven't eaten and drunk water! That's probably why I seemed so lethargic today... it was very hot and I haven't drunk water ... now I know why I couldn't pwn that essay of mine. Grrr ... I was hyperventilating a few hours ago. So this was the reason.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 07:53   Link #1383
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

All the RM knows that the Alice game has officially ended. Only Kirakishou doesn't know that.

When she killed Hina Ichigo (by destroying her body) and saying "It's all for the Alice game" or something like that. I think I may know why she said that.

Kirakishou is the youngest of the RM therefore she may have the least knowledge about the Alice game. She may be going for the typical approach. Since the Roza Mystica is inside the body. It is natural to break it open to take what's inside.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 08:02   Link #1384
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
When she killed Hina Ichigo (by destroying her body) and saying "It's all for the Alice game" or something like that. I think I may know why she said that.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 08:12   Link #1385
blitz1/2

@grey moon: Fine. Hina didn't permanently die. She'll come back. Kepp your hopes up! You never know when Rozen will repair her.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:16   Link #1386
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Brutes.... Rabbit and Carrot Stew anyone? Anyway, with so many questions unanswered, I guess a third season is doable. If thats the case, I just hope RM's growing popularity doesnt kill it... if this thread hasn't already done so...

WOOT!! Page 70!!!

edit: OEI PHYSICS... IF i wanted Marble Drop I would have played the game. *dark muttering....* heh... its is kinda intellectual...
Oh, Rabbit and Carrot Stew? I can do the rabbit. First, find Laplace and continuously pelt him with throwing daggers. Once the daggers hit him on his limbs, and so, rendering him motionless, go and stab him repeatedly on random parts with a kris. When he bleeds, wait till he almost bleed to death. Then, with a fine dirk, slice his throat to kill him. Then, take a cleaver and chop him into itsy bitsy pieces. Wash the cut-out meat with clean water, then place the meat in a pot, together with carrot and water, and cook.

Laplace and Carrot Stew after two hours.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 08:18   Link #1387
blitz1/2

Quote:
Oh, Rabbit and Carrot Stew? I can do the rabbit. First, find Laplace and continuously pelt him with throwing daggers. Once the daggers hit him on his limbs, and so, rendering him motionless, go and stab him repeatedly on random parts with a kris. When he bleeds, wait till he almost bleed to death. Then, with a fine dirk, slice his throat to kill him. Then, take a cleaver and chop him into itsy bitsy pieces. Wash the cut-out meat with clean water, then place the meat in a pot, together with carrot and water, and cook.

I'll participate in the Laplace hunt.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:26   Link #1388
Lost

Quote:

You are too creative... fine dirk? No no... rusty blunt hacksaw..
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 08:34   Link #1389
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

I forgot to mention to also add some spices too. Oh, and during the stabbing process, make sure Laplace screams in pain (or say random stuff due to pain). To cut the torso, use a chainsaw.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:48   Link #1390
grey_moon

*Drags himself out of a pit of despair*

I say skin him alive then season him with lots of salt.
Old 2006-03-24, 08:49   Link #1391
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 09:40   Link #1392
Boukenxha

From junk collectors to animal abuse, you guys can really talk about anything. Don't mind me talking about shit eaters now.

Cute? Yeah but that's not how they appear most of the time, believe me this is the best picture I can find of them. I've been seeing this guys around in some pictures doing disgusting things and I've only managed to get their collective name when I was browsing through the imageboard linked earlier. 実装石? Who exactly are they? How did they come about and why Suiseiseki? Anyone here knows?

PS: Mincemaker, I posted something similar to your 'Father' theory awhile back, haven't thought on it any futher though. It's here if you are interested and Guido (see the post after mine in the link) has a link to his even earlier post with similar points.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 10:49   Link #1393
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu
From junk collectors to animal abuse, you guys can really talk about anything. Don't mind me talking about shit eaters now.

Cute? Yeah but that's not how they appear most of the time, believe me this is the best picture I can find of them. I've been seeing this guys around in some pictures doing disgusting things and I've only managed to get their collective name when I was browsing through the imageboard linked earlier. 実装石? Who exactly are they? How did they come about and why Suiseiseki? Anyone here knows?

PS: Mincemaker, I posted something similar to your 'Father' theory awhile back, haven't thought on it any futher though. It's here if you are interested and Guido (see the post after mine in the link) has a link to his even earlier post with similar points.

Seen those horrible critters in many Rozen Maiden fanart. Don't know what they are either, though I think they were made by ~desu haters to insult Suiseiseki.

*edit: read those posts. Seems that there are more of us who thought out the 'father' theory than I thought.

Last edited by Mincemaker; 2006-03-24 at 11:03.
Old 2006-03-24, 11:07   Link #1394
grey_moon

Quote:
Seen those horrible critters in many Rozen Maiden fanart. Don't know what they are either, though I think they were made by ~desu haters to insult Suiseiseki.

*edit: read those posts. Seems that there are more of us who thought out the 'father' theory than I thought.

I think she looks really chibi and cute in that form, nothing like the real Sui we all know and love. Could you imagine her seeing it and going "Who drew me as a chibi chibi desu!"
Old 2006-03-24, 11:09   Link #1395
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
I think she looks really chibi and cute in that form, nothing like the real Sui we all know and love. Could you imagine her seeing it and going "Who drew me as a chibi chibi desu!"
That is a very rare case of cuteness in case of that thing. Most of the depiction of them had them doing very disgusting things.

Like eating shit, moving like slugs, blah blah blah.

And not only one of them. Many of them.

Rozen will puke if he sees those.
Old 2006-03-24, 11:21   Link #1396
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
@grey moon: Fine. Hina didn't permanently die. She'll come back. Kepp your hopes up! You never know when Rozen will repair her.
Is this realy true ? It happened in the manga ?
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:32   Link #1397
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
*Covers his ears and screws his eyes shut and goes "NANONANONAONANONANONANO" to drown out all sounds*
Old 2006-03-24, 12:19   Link #1398
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
*Covers his ears and screws his eyes shut and goes "NANONANONAONANONANONANO" to drown out all sounds*
*plunges in some shits into the mouth*
Old 2006-03-24, 12:26   Link #1399
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
@Hina fans: Cover your ears.

Yeah unfortunately. Kirakishou really did kill Hina. This is why I think she killed her.

Quote:
All the RM knows that the Alice game has ended or postponed. Only Kirakishou doesn't know that.

When she killed Hina Ichigo (by destroying her body), she said "It's all for the Alice game" or something like that. I think I may know why she said that.

Kirakishou is the youngest of the RM therefore she may have the least knowledge about the Alice game. She may be going for the typical approach. Since the Roza Mystica is inside the body. It is natural to break it open to take what's inside.
But as long as the Roza Mystica is intact, it's okay. The body could still be repaired. We do not know that yet.
Old 2006-03-24, 12:36   Link #1400
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Geez. What with cover your ears? This is forum. Should cover the eyes.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural