AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-05-03, 23:28   Link #241
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, personally, since we already had Usopp snapping at Luffy, I don't think I could take another crewmember doing that this soon.
*sigh* 3 weeks for another episode. But lots to look forward to, including new opening and ending. And Please *prays* I hope Ikue Ohtani will be back for the next episode. By the time it comes out it will have been nearly 5 months. :/
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 09:03   Link #242
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

5 months already? Wow. Doesn't seem that long ago she was gone.
Chopper's new voice sucks imo. Thank God he's gotten little voice-time.

I'm sick of waiting weeks and weeks at a time for the dam episodes to come out.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 09:09   Link #243
striderm
Adusa #1

I guess that's the price of popularity. I really hope she comes back too, that would be the perfect time for her. That may also be a reason why the episode will be that long away. Or at least that's what I pray is true.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 09:39   Link #244
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
I'm sick of waiting weeks and weeks at a time for the dam episodes to come out.
The waiting actually saves us from crappy animation and weird drawing. The three weeks gap that are taken so often for One Piece also suggest that the animators have completely exhausted their reserve for One Piece episodes. Meaning, they don't have another episodes animated already for a back to back airing for two consecutive weeks. It also proves my theory in another post about an One Piece episode's taking about 3 weeks or more in making. For the fans who like and appreciate good animation, waiting is the price to pay between episodes. This gap of time also allows the animator to work on other future episodes so they can have enough episodes piled up for a back to back airing.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 14:25   Link #245
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I wish that were true, but it seems like sometimes they come back with crappy animation after a big break. It seems to me that it has more to do with avoiding fillers.
Old 2006-05-05, 09:32   Link #246
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

The animation has been really bad throughout all of Water 7 now. An anime of the greatness of OP , deserves top quality animation, not what we are getting right now.
Although it just seems, they are going to stall as long as possible to let the Manga get light years ahead.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 11:35   Link #247
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I wish that were true, but it seems like sometimes they come back with crappy animation after a big break. It seems to me that it has more to do with avoiding fillers.
The animators are probably getting sick of One Piece, but they also came back with really good animated episodes after thsoe breaks like that one hour special in the Tom's story mini-arc. The episode debuting Zoro and the weird zombie guy with sword was also animated well, may be not as good as the one hours special but good enough. Anyway, I won't forget to quote you if you are right or vice versa.
Old 2006-05-05, 13:48   Link #248
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, I really think it would be awesome if when the episodes start up again that animation will be improved, especially since there's going to be a lot of fighting coming up. I hope that they were just saving up for that, although I wish they'd just do ALL of it good, but this is Toei we're talking about, it never happened and never will.
Anyone remember the 80's Transformers? In the post movie era, you'd get some episodes that were almost movie quality, then one sooooo bad it made OP 254 look like a masterpiece, full of all kinds of major animation and color errors. Of course that stuff was being shipped back and forth between Japan and the US so it was hard to keep tabs on it, but still, man it was bad. XD

Edit: Good news! One Piece will be airing three weeks straight in a row once it comes back, haven't seen that in a while. XD

Schedule: (slight spoilers in the episode titles)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-05-09 at 14:10.
Old 2006-05-17, 06:05   Link #249
chucky
Always impatient

Ohtani san is gonna be back too in ep. 265. Just FYI.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 11:24   Link #250
Chuixupu
Shikachu

The Toei website is reporting May 21, which is episode 264, actually...but either way, she'll be back very soon, so I'm joyful. ^_^
Old 2006-05-21, 09:34   Link #251
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep264:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 14:34   Link #252
marvelB

I haven't seen the episode (yet), but I HAVE seen the new opening, and it rocks. The song is catchy, and I love the colorspread scenes that were used... though I should warn you anime-only watchers that it has some spoilers from the upcoming battles, especially:

Spoiler:

I'm trying to download the episode now... I'll give my review of it later.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 15:22   Link #253
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I'm still waiting to watch the episode, but I did see the new opening and ending. Cool new song, though not one of my favorites. The animation was cool also, I like how they animated some of the manga color spreads. But dang, they sure put a lot of spoilers in the opening. I hate it when they do that, even though I know what happens, not everyone reads the manga. Though practically all Japan viewers do, so they can get away with that.

Not much to say about the ending, don't care for the song, but I bet the kids who drew that fanart are jumping through the roof. Lucky them.
Old 2006-05-21, 19:52   Link #254
chucky
Always impatient

Can only say one thing: the new OP SUCKS BIG TIME.
Old 2006-05-21, 23:42   Link #255
striderm
Adusa #1

Not really.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 00:20   Link #256
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'll start with some cool screecaps from the opening theme..

Spoiler:

And then I'll quote Chucky to disagree with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Can only say one thing: the new OP SUCKS BIG TIME.

I agree with them.

Chucky, you need to watch the OP instead of just listening to the song. The song itself isn't bad either but then again, I like quick-tempo music. Even the ending song sounded good in the second time listening though why was Chopper flying around is still a mystery. No one except Robin seems to notice and Chopper seems mighty disappointed, so Robin pat-pats him. So, as the jacketed pigeon in black tie says in the Usopp theme song..

Rock On!

As HiNo said, this episode was nice from start to finish! Looks like the animator really did some work over the three weeks break. They even showed some l33t animating skill when Luffy stretched his arm to reach the Enies Lobby building. The camera action/panning was nice as well. Nothing much happened in the episode itself. It served more of a set up for the climax to come and from the glimpse of what's to come in the opening song gets one very excited for the future episode of One Piece.
Spoiler for 264:

Finally, a big welcome to Ohtani-san, to her rightful place inside of Chopper!

Last edited by monir; 2006-05-22 at 00:37.
Old 2006-05-22, 01:01   Link #257
Chuixupu
Shikachu

What Luffy does is actually not very DBZ-like, and he doesn't actually do any fireballs. I remember when he first did this in the manga,everyone was like OMG OHNOZ OP is turning DB! But then you see more of what he does, and it rather flies in the face of DB. XD It's kind of a shame they have to show so many spoilers in the opening. Although fortunately, they don't really give away what will happen, things get kind of mixed around.

BTW Usopp calls that weapon "Kabuto".
And Nami's Clima-Tact does not spit fire.

And I still haven't watched the episode.
Old 2006-05-22, 01:18   Link #258
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu

BTW Usopp calls that weapon "Kabuto".
As in like ma man Kabuto from Naruto? Oh yeah.

Quote:
And Nami's Clima-Tact does not spit fire.
Of course not. It pukes, all over the screen.

Quote:
And I still haven't watched the episode.
What are you waiting for? An rmvb with chinese subtitle shouldn't be hard to find.
Old 2006-05-22, 01:31   Link #259
chucky
Always impatient

Well i didnt make myself clear.... I really dislike the video part of the OP -- compared to the previous one (which i think is much much better) and else, the MTV is not very energetic and upbeat, qualities which (I think) have made the previous ones very attractive. Not to mention the rendition didnt bring the theme of the Enies Lobbies arc to the foreground, and a lot of things are quite distracting like the frames Monir has given in the previous post. The music is so-so, but I guess for one piece, maybe it is a tad too slow.....
Old 2006-05-22, 03:50   Link #260
Tsukishirou

I love the ED XD, how they show the kids fanart, and in the end when Robin puts her hand in Choppers head.
Also loved the intro to Sogeking. And Chopper VA is back!
The opening was good, but nothing has beaten the fourth OP for me.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote