AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-12-29, 05:25   Link #281
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
So the real reason there exist level 0 (and probably will continue to exist) is because AC does not know how to turn them into strong espers.
At the same time, it is necessary to conserve resources so that those that can be brought up quickly are done so to bring in more funding, and etc. Fundamental and financial reasons reinforce each other.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:34   Link #282
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
At the same time, it is necessary to conserve resources so that those that can be brought up quickly are done so to bring in more funding, and etc. Fundamental and financial reasons reinforce each other.
Yeah both apply, because there exist many ways how to achive the same goal (for example creating an esper), but if they know only the costly/inefficient ones, the person is screwed up (and will stay level 0).
(Though at least knowing some is still better than not knowing any..)

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-12-29 at 05:55.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:41   Link #283
judasmartel
*Author

Hm. To be different.

Uiharu Kazari has the potential to become AC's first ever Cryomaster. Discuss.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 10:19   Link #284
Sumeragi
Banned

Probably one already exists.
Old 2012-01-08, 13:37   Link #285
judasmartel
*Author

I guess. Except that nobody has mentioned about Ice Espers AFAIK. I just thought that since Uiharu's power involves breaking the laws of thermodynamics, take it time to level up and she could heat or freeze a target at will. Since we already have a Pyromaster, it would be cool IMO if AC actually had an Ice Esper in Level 5 Uiharu.
Old 2012-01-08, 13:56   Link #286
tsunade666

If Uiharu manage to control temperature then turning something to ice is nothing but she could also melt it or burn it or just plain old destroy the molecular settings.
Old 2012-01-08, 14:11   Link #287
judasmartel
*Author

Hm. My thoughts exactly. But I just wanted to see a Cryomaster Esper for a change. I've been seeing too much lightning in anime lately. Kakashi, Hei, then this one.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:38   Link #288
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hm. My thoughts exactly. But I just wanted to see a Cryomaster Esper for a change. I've been seeing too much lightning in anime lately. Kakashi, Hei, then this one.
but i think biribiri use it most creatively, she make railgun, iron sand whip and shield or fly with it while most other just zapping
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 05:39   Link #289
judasmartel
*Author

I agree. To me, Mikoto has made the most creative use of Electromagnetism since Magneto from X-Men (it depends whether he really is creative or not, of course).

I have been browsing through To Aru fanfiction sites and I saw somebody make a Level 4 male Ice Esper with the exact same moveset as Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat 9. I want to see something like that in the future.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:49   Link #290
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
【 株式会社 アスキー・メディアワークス さま 】
いつもお世話になっております。アスキー・メディアワークスの三木と申します。

■ そして、20周年記念作として『とある魔術の禁書目録』の劇場映画化も決定しております! 
http://www.project-index.net/

『禁書』は今年、さらに動きがあります。お楽しみに。
『超電磁砲』はまだ秘密です!

http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-11143832007.html
Sigh... more teasing and nothing new yet.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 16:07   Link #291
judasmartel
*Author

I wonder... Should Kamikoto have a child (preferably a daughter, partly so to see a female hot-blooded tsundere version of Touma), will she have IB passed onto her, or will she gain her mother's lightning powers, or will she get both, or will she get a new ability that neither of her parents have?
Old 2012-03-01, 16:40   Link #292
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Two words; Not Hereditary.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 17:08   Link #293
judasmartel
*Author

Yup. Thought so. So, a true Level 0 Kamijou this time? Or perhaps a different ability. I'm more inclined towards the true Level 0 Kamijou if she is to inherit her father's pathetic luck.
Old 2012-03-01, 17:32   Link #294
Ilidsor
Angelerator

The luck isn't hereditary either it's part of IB

She might be a strong esper, if that's hereditary. (It's decided in your genes so I think it would be)
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 17:34   Link #295
judasmartel
*Author

Ah. So an Electromaster Kamijou, then. I can imagine Touma getting sparked every single friggin' day and Electromaster abilities getting useful for when they get blacked out (unlikely, I mean, come on, this is Academy City we're talking about).
Old 2012-03-09, 02:27   Link #296
Mazryonh

So is this series going to continue as long as it can be milked, like Bleach or Naruto? Beyond a certain point that gets very tiring. I'm of the persuasion that good plot-driven series should have a definite endgoal and every installment should move noticeably towards that end goal.

Also, I seriously think that the LN author has painted himself into a corner (or more poetically, gotten himself caught in a spider web) regarding how many love interests Touma has now. Unless some start being outright rejected or killed off for good soon, it'll be a right mess trying to untangle this many out of the story (assuming Touma is monogamous).

Still, I wouldn't mind an Amagami SS-style bunch of endings (perhaps in the form of bonus books or mini-OVAs?) where Touma individually gets with the female characters voted most popular with the fans.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 03:14   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What does Touma's love life have anything to do with the main story? This isn't a Romcom story to begin with, so how did the author write himself into a corner?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 03:55   Link #298
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So is this series going to continue as long as it can be milked, like Bleach or Naruto? Beyond a certain point that gets very tiring. I'm of the persuasion that good plot-driven series should have a definite endgoal and every installment should move noticeably towards that end goal.

Also, I seriously think that the LN author has painted himself into a corner (or more poetically, gotten himself caught in a spider web) regarding how many love interests Touma has now. Unless some start being outright rejected or killed off for good soon, it'll be a right mess trying to untangle this many out of the story (assuming Touma is monogamous).

Still, I wouldn't mind an Amagami SS-style bunch of endings (perhaps in the form of bonus books or mini-OVAs?) where Touma individually gets with the female characters voted most popular with the fans.
this anime or LN focus never been romance. and i'm sure it not dragged as much as naruto and bleach, not even the same type of story
Old 2012-03-09, 03:57   Link #299
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well touma did tell accelerator that he went to russia not to stop the war or fianma, he went just to save index, and before that he was going to kill the person strangling index, so its somewhat relevant, but while is possible, is kinda hard that misaka has any chances with touma,since so far in the story he hardly has any feelings for her, so we migth get some romcom, but no love triangle.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:11   Link #300
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well touma did tell accelerator that he went to russia not to stop the war or fianma, he went just to save index, and before that he was going to kill the person strangling index, so its somewhat relevant, but while is possible, is kinda hard that misaka has any chances with touma,since so far in the story he hardly has any feelings for her, so we migth get some romcom, but no love triangle.
Yet at the same time his wanting to save Index is no different from what he usually does, going about helping others with a particular focus on those he actually knows. Frankly, I think Touma has too much in his hands right now to be in any serious romantic situation short of someone outright confessing to him and jumping him to bed or something (although a certain girl with a tail failed).

Unlike a certain black hole who's dense enough to swallow all signals of love sent towards him, Touma's not in much of a situation to actually be having a love interest, especially when combined with how few of the girls actually go that far to show they have interest.