AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 00:41   Link #441
Flames

Kumokawa and Tsuchimikado battle was awesome. Kumokawa was winning until Tsuchimikado pull out his magic trump card since he knew he was going to lose against her unless he use magic. I'm confused on if Tsuchimikado let Touma win the fight or was he serious on defeating him. Since by the narration description of Tsuchimikado mental state it seems was all talk but he seem like he didn't have the drive anymore to win despite his body moving.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:54   Link #442
whitecloud

I guess he want to make sure Touma's not hurt.., anyway did touma meet kumokawa? Since she did faint downstairs..

Agitate halation is quiteroblematic, since it's pretty much controlling flow of event if you think about it to make sure a particular ending happen? So can it be used against a magic god? Manipulate flow of event to steer the possibility of an event happening? Or at least destroy othinus plan?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:55   Link #443
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Tsuchimikado had everything, but not GUTS, so he lost, but come on, Touma at least showed some ability
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 01:04   Link #444
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, its more like he was passing the torch to Kamijou to "leave the rest up to him".

You know, the manly man way.

By the way guys, we already have posts deleted by Relentless for being off-topic, so do you best to not discuss the light novel you have read.

Future anime speculations are fine.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-05-17 at 01:23.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 02:50   Link #445
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Btw I do think Tsuhimikado and the others are under the influence of Agitate halation

So is Tsuchimikado is going to get his harem later after all he got punched a couple of times in the face by TouMAN ....
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 03:23   Link #446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He did 'beat up' Seria... However if so he would have gotten his harem already a long time ago.

Because Kamijou bad punched him successfully way back in Vol 14, and not in a slapstick way.
Old 2013-05-17, 03:28   Link #447
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm closing this thread temporarily too because you're all just using it as another novel thread. Let's decide on how the novel threads should be structured and then use those.

(And for the love of god, please don't move to another thread again until this is settled.)
Old 2013-06-04, 04:56   Link #448
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Cool reopened. ^^

So how do you guys think the anime staff will handle Index III? Specifically the WWIII arc. There's no where to really end the season that won't feel anti-climactic without the WWIII arc, but at the same time there's no way they can pull off adapting those 9 novels in one two-cour season, or at least I really don't want to see them do that, it would ruin it.

So I'm really interested in how they'll address this. I'm hoping they make it split three cour or something, and have Index IV two anime seasons after Index III and have it be 13 episodes completely dedicated to WWIII. That would be the best, but it's probably too optimistic.
Old 2013-06-04, 05:02   Link #449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Honestly thats what I'm hoping for as well.

If not- I'm also fine with a cliff hanger ending at Volume 19.
Old 2013-06-04, 05:08   Link #450
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah I don't think they'll do that though. If they do then they'll have a season planned to go into production very soon after Index III anyway. That's our best hope I guess, because otherwise Index III is going to be a rushed mess. I'm not sure I have complet faith in Nishikiori not to do that either considering how he tacked on the SS at the end of Index II for no reason and ruined vol 12 somewhat because of it.
Old 2013-06-04, 05:31   Link #451
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

ever since NT 6 it seems that Kamijou-san been trading his school uniform into the causal clothes that he found in the trash , NT 7 Anti Skill gear , so if the trend continues his next line clothes will be .....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 10:49   Link #452
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I'm hoping that Index III does volumes 14-19 and then IV does WWIII on it's own. The first Index volume was done in 6 episodes so I don't see why the WWIII volumes which have more going on can't take 8 episodes each.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:54   Link #453
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I'm hoping that Index III does volumes 14-19 and then IV does WWIII on it's own. The first Index volume was done in 6 episodes so I don't see why the WWIII volumes which have more going on can't take 8 episodes each.
Actually, that's a pretty good point. The first volume took so many episodes because it was the introduction. Similarly, the final three volumes are the part 1 finale which would of course merit about 8 episodes for each. The thing is though: this would make them have to do really amazing animation for every single episode in season 4 or incur the viewers' wrath. This could put a lot of pressure onto how they adapt the material/add extra scenes if they need to fill time.

Personally, I think ending with the revelation of DRAGON is a great idea for season 3. This would peak viewers interest into making them want to watch a season 4.

Season 4 would have SS2 in this case. Right?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 11:22   Link #454
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Honestly thats what I'm hoping for as well.

If not- I'm also fine with a cliff hanger ending at Volume 19.
Starts with vol.14 and then using Vol. 19 would be good choice to end a third season and then go all out with the war on a 4th season and if there is space needed to gill they can use the SS like Birdway's and SS2.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 11:54   Link #455
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
That's a bit much. I think it can be done well and better in 1-cour. If it's a full 2-cour it will feel really dragged on. 12-13 episodes would be a brisk pace that adequately allows for everything in the volumes to be put in without feeling slow or rushed.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:06   Link #456
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
That's a bit much. I think it can be done well and better in 1-cour. If it's a full 2-cour it will feel really dragged on. 12-13 episodes would be a brisk pace that adequately allows for everything in the volumes to be put in without feeling slow or rushed.
Hmm... but I feel like showing off each of the main protagonists in all their glory at that point is kind of important. If there isn't going to be an equal focus on most of them, then there would be a problem.

Also, all of their subplots become pretty important, right?

Now that I think about it though: 8 episodes per volume might be a little much because it would be a pretty different feel from everything else... What if they add the hot springs SS novel to make it longer I also suggested before that they could try to merge Railgun and Index seasons 4 because they are occurring probably at the same time (or just add Railgun stuff to Index 4 but make it non-slice of life because it is Index and it is WWIII arc) and use that to get 24 episodes.

13 episodes seems like a bad idea to me. This is because I feel like if they do 13 episodes to end this season, they might not want to adapt NT or do 24 episode seasons for it. Then again, a truer adaptation is probably better. I think it'll honestly depend on how far the railgun manga is at that point. If the railgun manga is far enough, they might be able to put in other subplots going on during WWIII arc involving Shokuhou and other espers that we didn't see in Index WWIII because they weren't really in the picture at that time or introduced yet. That would be able to fill up the 24 episodes and could give a slightly new experience I think in the end that might generate more viewers. (We don't really see much of what's happening in AC during this arc with how they're trying to hold up). It might be interesting to learn about some stuff that's happening there just saying.

I'm still fine of course with just the true original adaptation straight from the Light Novels as long as New Testament for sure will be animated.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:12   Link #457
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
12-13 episodes is way too short. That's only 4 episodes per volume, and a lot happens in each volume.

I don't know about putting in any SS volumes as none of those are related to WWIII and it would be kind of weird to shoehorn them into the middle.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:41   Link #458
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hmm... but I feel like showing off each of the main protagonists in all their glory at that point is kind of important. If there isn't going to be an equal focus on most of them, then there would be a problem.

Also, all of their subplots become pretty important, right?

Now that I think about it though: 8 episodes per volume might be a little much because it would be a pretty different feel from everything else... What if they add the hot springs SS novel to make it longer I also suggested before that they could try to merge Railgun and Index seasons 4 because they are occurring probably at the same time (or just add Railgun stuff to Index 4 but make it non-slice of life because it is Index and it is WWIII arc) and use that to get 24 episodes.

13 episodes seems like a bad idea to me. This is because I feel like if they do 13 episodes to end this season, they might not want to adapt NT or do 24 episode seasons for it. Then again, a truer adaptation is probably better. I think it'll honestly depend on how far the railgun manga is at that point. If the railgun manga is far enough, they might be able to put in other subplots going on during WWIII arc involving Shokuhou and other espers that we didn't see in Index WWIII because they weren't really in the picture at that time or introduced yet. That would be able to fill up the 24 episodes and could give a slightly new experience I think in the end that might generate more viewers. (We don't really see much of what's happening in AC during this arc with how they're trying to hold up). It might be interesting to learn about some stuff that's happening there just saying.

I'm still fine of course with just the true original adaptation straight from the Light Novels as long as New Testament for sure will be animated.
I wouldn't be concerned about them not wanting to adapt NT or make more 2-cour seasons. WWIII would be a special case and if anything them dedicating an entire season just to adapt it would speak volumes about their commitment to Index, and they wouldn't just give it up if they went that far to tell the story well.

As for the different perspectives, I honestly think 13 eps is enough to get the many parallels plot lines to come together well. Truth be told I'd rather have 16 eps but that's not the way the industry works unfortunately. But 24 would definitely start to feel very dragged by the end. 1 cour would be enough, 1.5 cour would be perfect, but alas, as I said, not the world we live in.

Quote:
12-13 episodes is way too short. That's only 4 episodes per volume, and a lot happens in each volume.

I don't know about putting in any SS volumes as none of those are related to WWIII and it would be kind of weird to shoehorn them into the middle.
I don't look at it in terms of episodes, I look at it in terms of minutes. Since volumes 20-22 are all a continuing story, the stringent episodic arc structure isn't a factor, so looking at it as x number of episodes per volume wouldn't apply. So, rather than looking at it as 4 episodes per volume, I'm thinking about how many minutes would be appropriate to tell the full story, and 288-314min sounds just right for that arc.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:57   Link #459
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I wouldn't be concerned about them not wanting to adapt NT or make more 2-cour seasons. WWIII would be a special case and if anything them dedicating an entire season just to adapt it would speak volumes about their commitment to Index, and they wouldn't just give it up if they went that far to tell the story well.

As for the different perspectives, I honestly think 13 eps is enough to get the many parallels plot lines to come together well. Truth be told I'd rather have 16 eps but that's not the way the industry works unfortunately. But 24 would definitely start to feel very dragged by the end. 1 cour would be enough, 1.5 cour would be perfect, but alas, as I said, not the world we live in.
You make a good point about the commitment and likelihood of adapting NT in that case.

Out of curiosity, why couldn't they do 16 episodes? Is this unprofitable, or does it not follow J.C. staff's rules/policies?
Old 2013-06-04, 15:48   Link #460
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

It's because it doesn't match networks' schedules. TV anime, and television shows in general, are always in sets of 12 or 13 episode seasons to match TV networks' schedules. An odd number of episodes like 16 is impossible to get through on TV. They'd have to release them via OVA/ONA like what Oreimo is doing and what Bakemonogatari did in the past.