AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-06, 20:59   Link #921
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Another thing to consider is that a large part of Riot Force six consists of parties whose ultimate Loyalty to the Bureau Cannot be guaranteed.

Nanoha is a non-mid offworlder. She's also demonstrated a willingness to oppose the Bureau in the past (Fate Rescue)

Hayate is also a non-mid offworlder, and the WolkenRitter are not only offworlders (technically) but have Explicitly stated that their Loyalty is to Hayate First over and above anything and anyone else. She and they are also viewed as Dimensional Criminals by some in the Bureau.

Fate is a former dimensional Criminal and not originally a mid-native (though Precia was)

And together, they have enough power that if they wanted to, they could overpower the Bureau HQ easily.

in other words, some of those opposing the creation and upkeep of Riot Force 6 may well be in fear of a Coup d'etat by the Aces

Who could do it.

As a result, splitting them up may be an attempt at damage limitation, preventing them from being in the position to do such a thing.

if this is the case, then Riot Force 6, assembled under protest and only with a lot of political backing, would be under a lot of pressure, and would be watched very closely.

and that would be why they were given a base on Mid rather than a ship: they're easier to watch if they're in a static location.

if they get a ship and Dimensional Navigation ability, they can effectively disappear from the Bureau watchers. In the eyes of some, the moment they do that, it'll be considered a sign of plotting their own agenda...

If it's to happen, then Riot Force 6 will need to overwhelmingly convince the Bureau at large that they can be trusted, and even if they do that, they will likely be Limiter-ed to the hilt, simply because of that fear of what they could do if they decided they don't like the Bureau (and it's not like they don't have reasons to...)
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 20:59   Link #922
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As a matter of fact...

*cough* Fire Bomber *cough*

I may not have been a big Macross fan that time, but guess you can say the idea of a man who can control a mech with his guitar was too cool to pass up on...

Wonder why Rhythm Edge was a guitar?

*runs*

So that means... With my introduction of Nanoverse Valkyries...

*imagines TSAB digging up a VF-1 meant to be linked to Rhythm Edge*

Keikakudoori...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
'cute' is subject to opinion anyway, so no surprise there.

But the shy-moe is definetly a moe type.

Except that... the shy-moe types tend to be thrown in your face a hellalot more. >_< not to mention the fans keep badgering for more even if they add nothing to the story arc *cough*Nodoka*cough*

And there we come to the core: It's all subject to personal opinion. Shy-moes are definetely in the 'too much' area for me. They make me want to grab the manga and yell 'Grow a frikin spine!' while shaking it. I think its because I'm surrounded by girls who basically defy the shy-girl type.
Yes the line is very subjective.

Which reminds me, what kind of moe is Sakura Mato? Shy Moe? Gentle Moe? Psycho Moe AKA Dark Sakura...?
Quote:
Fate's constant shy-whispery way of speaking for one. And she had quite a few moe scenes in StrikerS. Take her 'eh? eh?' scene at the end of episode 26.

I have to admit, the fight against Jail made me like her a bit more. Mainly because it showed her getting outright pissed.
I prefer to call that Righteous Fury.

I wished that scene was done better though. I got Precia vibes from it because it seemed a little out of place compared to Fate's normal demeanor.

Wait that WAS the point, wasn't it?

At least I'll cover a bit more on Fate's side in Rebuilt, as to why she's so annoyed with the Doctor.

As for Nanoha... I'm putting the White Devil mode that was removed from the DVD release back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Her fight with Jail made me like her alot more. Though not significantly, and for different reasons.

Well, at least Fate got pissed before. Nanoha..didn't even flinch when shooting at Quattro for touching Vivio. This is going to make attempts at drawing her angry alot more difficult in the future.
My conclusion upon watching that: Put nicely, she's like all of those heroes who believe the opponent may be remotely good. I had a more cynical first thought, but it's probably from why Nanoha doesn't really appeal to me while Hayate and Fate are fighting for top spot (hence creating the love Triangular in Cente Gravia)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
That's the fun thing about Nanoha. Subaru goes friggin' SSJ4 on you when she gets pissed, but Nanoha takes the Tranquil Fury route, which is infinitely cooler when it's pulled off right. Alex has something similar, usually reserved for when Hayate's in trouble and his Big Brother senses kick in.

While the exact nature of the changes to StrikerS is still very much up in the air, I'm considering switching things up so Alex is the one to take down either Jail or Quattro while in the throes of this calm fury, during which he nails them to the wall with projected pseudomatter swords and in a calm-yet-psychotic voice, tells them exactly where and how they screwed up and how he's going to enjoy dragging out the last few minutes of their lives in retribution for the pain and suffering they've caused everyone, especially Vivio and Hayate.
Go after Jail, and you'd interrupt not only Fate's battle, but Kha's as well...

But it's your timeline, go on ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
This is what I get for listening to certain openings from 1970's anime...

Spoiler for Super WHAT?!:

*RUNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*
GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
From the technical standpoint it was right to disband RF6 becuase it did serve it's purpose: take down Jail and finish the investigation into the JS incident. I get the feeling that Hayate dearly wanted to leverage RF6 into something more permanent but she'd used up all her political capital for setting up and RF6's results didn't quite justify things.

It's like Mobility Six, the SEAL counterterrorist team setup in the early 80s, who pretty mych were a temporary taskforce, though in their case when Mob Six was disbanded it was replaced with SEAL Team Six, the larger bigger more dedicated counterterrorist SEAL team.

That said, in real life task forces get disbanded all the time. Take a look at Task Force 121, or Task Force 145.

And also... quite frankly I doubt Hayate and Carim had enough clout to keep the Aces massed in one area for long.

Basically? Comes down to politics. The RF6 idea was a good concept, but it cost too much political capital to setup and maintain, and the results didn't really justify keeping it open and running. And also, remember that Carim was Hayate's main backer and she supported RF6's formation to deal with the threat in the prophecy; once said threat in prophecy is gone all indications are that Carim wanted to go back to the status quo.

I intend to change this in a project tentatively called Task Force Six, which will involve RF6 with small dets of SPOCC personnel... like 1 squad of the Assault Platoon, one of the flights (either Sword or Lance), and some members of SOPCC. Oh and Warthogs. Even if they're unarmed. Can't fight hogs.

Yes, we're getting Felix/Vita. No chief or Johnson though. They're a bit too badass to blend in. :P
As I was reading down the list, I felt that there was a possibility of a bigger force being created from the ashes of Riot 6, and viola you proposed TF6. While I don't know what the structure would be like, but would you mind me referencing it in the future lolis' profiles?

It's because when I first wrote their profiles, they were attached to Riot 6, which was disbanded. Having Task 6 as the mother organization of the FRONT will be more canonical, but permission will lie with you.

@Tk: Points taken. I did say I wanted to unshaft everyone, and politicians, bias and would be one of them.

But there's one interesting point. How come there was no rival force to Riot 6 in canon? These were attacks mounted on Midchilda soil, shouldn't the FBI equivalent be responding more, and not some crack squad that can only handle 1 incident at a time hogging all the action? Can this be explained in canon, or will this be a point I need to fix in Rebuilt?

Last edited by Kha; 2008-06-06 at 21:16.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 21:13   Link #923
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
As I was reading down the list, I felt that there was a possibility of a bigger force being created from the ashes of Riot 6, and viola you proposed TF6. While I don't know what the structure would be like, but would you mind me referencing it in the future lolis' profiles?

It's because when I first wrote their profiles, they were attached to Riot 6, which was disbanded. Having Task 6 as the mother organization of the FRONT will be more canonical, but permission will lie with you.
I acutally sort of did the same thing though such wasn't supposed to come up until chapter 4 of my fic, but basiclly O'Neil and a number of other senior officers put together another inter-service task force cept they learn from RF6 and keep it much lower key by mostly plucking unknowns that most units don't even really want that much to populate it. Which is where my monstrous (25 or so at last count) OC cast comes in. All of them are set to be members of this new group which I'd tentatively named Task Force 58 (which means nothing by the way, well for a story POV)

Goose's fic would likely be AU to this though I'd need details as depending on exact timing and what chars he used it might be possible for them to occur in the same verse as separate but somewhat related projects.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 21:21   Link #924
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I see. Guess I'll take my time to make a decision then; this is a future development after all, and I got 2 pre-StrikerS fics backlogged

And...

WTF tagged the Thread with Cadia Zwei Glo--

*is jumped on.*

...-_-\\\
Old 2008-06-06, 21:33   Link #925
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Alright, what part of MINIMAL MILITARY INTERFERENCE didn't translate a few posts back?

This is how it's going to work:

Hayate, Chrono, and Carim are going to take the RF6 proposal before the bigwigs after having cashed all their political checks or whatever the hell you want them to do. Hayate's sales pitch is going to be an elite, highly-mobile unit capable of handling a wide array of situations but specializing in the recovery of Lost Logia. The best part is that she's going to make this unit out of green recruits, the Wolkenritter, and a few support personel. The bigwigs opposed to Hayate chuckle to themselves and sign off on the proposal, giving Hayate a few years to get everything set up and the recruits trained. If she fails to get her team set up and demonstrate their effectiveness within an established period of time, the group gets disbanded and she owes them all a few very big political favors in exchange. If she's successful, the group becomes integrated into the military as Section Six.

Hayate walks out of the room with a triumphant little smile on her face and gives Nanoha and Fate a call. A few hours later, N&F announce their intentions to transfer into Hayate's unit using the same loophole in the bureau's policies that allows GF mages to transfer into the Air Force. And all the bigwigs can do is sputter and choke, by the binding laws of their own agreement, and pray that Hayate doesn't prove her unit's effectiveness. She does, and RF6 becomes Section Six.

Alternatively, one of the hardliners will find his own loophole in the law and prevent RF6 from joining the military, at which point Chrono reveals that he was expecting them to make that move and unveils a Xanatos Gambit to get RF6 placed under his command, transferring the entire unit to the Navy while Hayate and the rest thumb their noses at the hardliners.

That is the extent to which I am willing to take the political maneuvering, and not one step further. I am not interested in writing political intrigue, especially not when one of the big points of this fanon is to reduce/eliminate the bureau's hold on the Aces.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:23   Link #926
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
That is the extent to which I am willing to take the political maneuvering, and not one step further. I am not interested in writing political intrigue, especially not when one of the big points of this fanon is to reduce/eliminate the bureau's hold on the Aces.
Okay, THINK about this for just a moment.

What if YOU were in their shoes. Consider it.

What if you were the chief in command, and you had a group of elite warriors under your leadership, who--as a team-- could have more than enough power to circumvent YOUR command over the whole force? Will they try to take you down? Chances are, yeah.

Could you fight them off? Chances are one to OVER NINE THOUUUSAAAAND.

Ipso facto: Would/could you consider giving those individuals that opportunity?

Almost nobody could fathom yielding their power to anyone else if they don't need to. In this world, power means everything, and people will go to extreme lengths to protect that power (until it is pried from their cold, dead hands).

Quote:
A few hours later, N&F announce their intentions to transfer into Hayate's unit using the same loophole in the bureau's policies that allows GF mages to transfer into the Air Force. And all the bigwigs can do is sputter and choke, by the binding laws of their own agreement, and pray that Hayate doesn't prove her unit's effectiveness. She does, and RF6 becomes Section Six.
That loop-hole to transfer from Army to Air is due to one's mage ranking. By the standards laid out by the TSAB, a mage of the rank of A is qualified to start learning how to fly. That's is where any mage can start the training to transfer out from any Platoon, Battalion, Company, Fleet, (etc etc) that they are presently in, and move out and be assigned to an Air Wing instead.

Nanoha is already in the Air Force.

Also, as for your question about Minimal to No military/political involvement, that isn't even the case.

The argument everyone is running with, especially WildGoose and TK, is called Common Sense.

Please, think about this carefully. Take what everyone has been saying so far, and think about it.

Don't go trying to defend your argument without understanding what we are saying. We're not trying to pull a "devil's advocate", we just want you to help you understand a mistake you made. Otherwise, people will continue to poke holes into your argument. While we have a slim chance of saying something flawed, I"m pretty sure most of what we say should be pretty straight forward.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:34   Link #927
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Try having an overenergetic bubble hanging off your neck. That's a glomp. -_-\\\

And I'm annoyed by too much cuteness though. Too much moe is a turn off; I like my women strong and conserved (like Fate) or tsundere (like Sophia/Anita).

I changed mine in preparation of the 5th Ed of Kha's profile.
I thought you liked having girls surrounding you

Quote:
'canon' is part of a story that is 'official' in Nanoha's case, that is the anime, manga and sound stages. The novel is subject to debate, because it has altered things from the other sources. If something is 'not canon' it is not part of the storyline (Cadia and fanfiction in general falls under not canon) if it 'breaks' or 'contradicts' canon it means that it basically ignores what happens in the series.
I see so Canon is like the original story/anime/manga etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Canon: Anything that the original creators of the work made or authorized. Sometimes divided into "strict canon" and "expanded canon". In larger, more complex fandoms, there may be scores of individual sub-canons.

Strict Canon: Only what the original creators of the work made, or officially declared to be wholly and completely within their views of their creation.

Expanded Canon: Everything else canon that doesn't fall under strict canon. This includes spinoffs and tie-ins. Has a higher probability of containing continuity errors or dealing with alternate interpretations.

Fanon: Unofficial fan version of events, usually embraced by a sizeable portion of fandom, mostly for being convenient. Very dangerous for newbies, as often the oldbies don't bother explaining that what they're talking about is in no way official. Often has a tendency of being both confusingly complicated, and yet internally consistent, due to innate error-checking.

Fanwank: Attempts to reconcile errors, plot holes, or things that Do Not Make Sense in the canon, to make it consistent in-universe. The Magic and Tech thread is a typical example of this. Not always successful, and topics which have been discussed and abandoned for being unworkably broken may become inadvertant flamebait.

Retcon: Retroactive Continuity. An official attempt to change the backstory or established content. Can range from minor error corrections on re-releases (DVD correction of bad animation) to "Lucas-ing" (altering story events using better skills or technology) to complete character reboots.

Canon is seen to be important mostly so that we can all have a baseline on which to write our fanfics. One may ignore certain aspects of canon, but only if one knows what one is doing. This is not an easy thing to determine.
Woah oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but...we seem to have acquired a "cadia zwei glompage" tag recently...

*deftly sidesteps Cadia Zwei*
XD I think I'm in trouble <<<<<(Doesn't have any resistance against cuteness T_T)

Quote:
And Cadia Zwei doesn't have a profile; she's just the representation of the new thread, if you will.
Oh oO

Quote:
QED, haiz.

Quote:
What? Are you questioning my HOT BLOOD?! WHO THE HELL DO YOU TH-

*Giga Drill Breaker >>> LE*
Owned

Quote:
...so...if we replaced the cast with mentally disturbed versions of their real selves...

*contemplates the major havoc*
I pity their enemies

Quote:
WTF tagged the Thread with Cadia Zwei Glo--

*is jumped on.*

...-_-\\\
You're getting really annoyed by this aren't you xD

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:40   Link #928
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
or to put it another way, Comartemis, Any question WE can ask, the other readers can ask.

It's Ok to not answer the question, but not to pretend the question doesn't exist.

All we're asking is that you consider the ramifications of all that, well, Bureaucracy. We don't say you have to go into explicit detail...hell, you need never mention it in story, but whether it's mentioned or not, the existence of the Bureau and it's bureaucracy IS important and should impact the story, if only in the form of things that aren't seen or don't happen.

If you can't or won't deal with the Bureaucracy, your only real options are either to have the Girls taken away from the Bureau, or have the bureau taken away from the girls.

the Bureau is there, and it's Bureaucracy exists. You can't pretend it doesn't. All you can do is either make it go away, or make it so it was never there.

Like it or loathe it, you can't ignore it.
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 23:47   Link #929
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I thought you liked having girls surrounding you
Yes I like being surrounded by women--

*dodges Ballistic Scooter*

--but I'd go nuts if they are all bubbling and chittering away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
You're getting really annoyed by this aren't you xD
Just staying in character. I did say I was a love Syaoran didn't I?
Old 2008-06-07, 00:55   Link #930
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Which reminds me, what kind of moe is Sakura Mato? Shy Moe? Gentle Moe? Psycho Moe AKA Dark Sakura...?
I prefer to call that Righteous Fury.

Yandere, on a limited scale.

@ this "oh hi i gonna turn nanoha into naruto-like shonen" debacle.

I'll say it and say it again. TSAB and its hierarchy are NOT limitations.

Now, let's put yourself in Regius' shoes. You are a 'pure' breed mid-childian, you worked your ass off in the Ground Forces and climbed the ranks up to being a brass. AND suddenly, a terran, known to have interfered with the Bureau twice, have become instructor for the TSAB, another terran who was at the center of a case that have caused the bureau lot of grief, has somehow managed to be Lieutenant Colonel, and a mage, who is supposed to be the daughter of a class S-criminal, has become enforcer. They all have enough power to level entire continents if they wanted, then for some reason, they decide to form a force made up of the sister of a disgraced TSAB agent, a little girl who was banned from her own tribe because she is so godamn HAX, and other people as questionnable (in some way they are like the French Foreign Legion in concept, w/o all hardcore manly badass going on them). They are backed up by not just an admiral, but also by the saint church. Now, from his point of view, would you not be scared if they are ill-intended? Would you not try to stop them?
From his point of view, he was doing his job, and it was more than just "RAWR I R JEALOUS I H8 DEM!"

That's one of the things that Seven Arcs have tried to show but has not executed well. Just like all those MALE characters, like Griffith and Acous, who has and were an untapped potential. (But hey, you seem to hate the nanoha male cast for some reason)

By conveniently taking the TSAB and it politics out of the picture, you are taking away potential plotlines that are about as interesting than "rawr i r cthuluh/the borgs/arioch of the chaos/freeza and i shall destroy the universe to impress my dad and the audience!"

PS: And yes, you can have drama from stupid bureaucracy and morally questionnable orders! Believe it!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 01:12   Link #931
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
While technically my OCs have already been "approved" by one and all, this was in the Old Days, and I don't want to rely on a grandfather clause. Therefore, re-submitting for re-busting.

I've added in a Major Spoiler section to show my actual intentions for the characters. It's really very Major and Spoilery, so read it only if you're absolutely certain that you don't mind the entire story spoiled for you. Having said that, any hax-busting done on the spoiler sections is still appreciated and will be taken into account.

Also, changed "Nova Alto" to "Nova Altmann", since there's already an Alto in canon. Just a Search-and-Replace.

ghazghkull, please use this post as the link for the first two members of the 37th CIAA (Ivey de Lorien and Rancer LaSalle). The other two characters will be in a later post, as apparently putting them all in at once is too much. Cancel that. ghazghkull, please use this compilation post for the first-page archive, thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-----

Ivey de Lorien, the Chains of Frost.

Spoiler for Ivey de Lorien:

Rancer LaSalle, the Cyan Shield.

Spoiler for Rancer LaSalle:

Continued here.

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-06-07 at 01:26.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 01:18   Link #932
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
The second half of the 37th CIAA profiles. The first half is here.

-----

Reiz Astra, the Crimson Defender.

Spoiler for Reiz Astra:

Nova Altmann, the Watchful Commander.

Spoiler for Nova Altmann:
Old 2008-06-07, 01:34   Link #933
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Yes I like being surrounded by women--

*dodges Ballistic Scooter*

--but I'd go nuts if they are all bubbling and chittering away.

Just staying in character. I did say I was a love Syaoran didn't I?
=/ You're really picky aren't you xD

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 01:40   Link #934
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
@ this "oh hi i gonna turn nanoha into naruto-like shonen" debacle.

There's only one thing I can really say to that analysis, Sheba.

Alright, news flash guys. Not everyone here was particularly impressed by the addition of the TSAB to Nanoha. Some of us are old school magical girl fans who thought S1 was perfectly awesome when it was just Nanoha, Yuuno, Fate and Precia without any of this military bullshit thrown in to the mixture. The TSAB added nothing of interest to the story until the Wolkenritter showed up and the bureau was nice enough to add the cartridge system to Bardiche and RH.

Just for a reference point, I'm one of those guys who thought Sailor Moon was the greatest anime ever until I ran into Nanoha. I do not want, nor do I need, an epic Da Vinci Code-esque plot with political intrigue and all that inane bullshit. Good old-fashioned good vs evil works just fine with the right twists thrown in.

Quote:
Now, let's put yourself in Regius' shoes.
Let's not. Some characters just don't deserve development.

Quote:
But hey, you seem to hate the nanoha male cast for some reason
No, Sheba, I am simply not the least bit impressed by any of them, not even Chrono.

Quote:
By conveniently taking the TSAB and it politics out of the picture, you are taking away potential plotlines that are about as interesting than "rawr i r cthuluh/the borgs/arioch of the chaos/freeza and i shall destroy the universe to impress my dad and the audience!"

PS: And yes, you can have drama from stupid bureaucracy and morally questionnable orders! Believe it!
You can also get drama out of a "stupid" good old fashioned good vs evil plot. Now extensive usage of the military bureaucracy in a fanfic appeals to me about as much as swimming in a pool full of scissors, but ATC managed to convince me in IRC that it's going to be necessary at some point, so I'll likely have to distort canon during the timeskip to get this to work, but you mark my words, I will find a feasible way to put the Aces out of the reach of the bureaucracy, even if I have to tear the whole goddamn bureau down brick by brick.

Bureau Command Structure, brace for orbital bombardment.
Old 2008-06-07, 01:47   Link #935
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

No, Sheba, I am simply not the least bit impressed by any of them, not even Chrono.

Yea, because they don't slices mountains or blow up stars.

Quote:

I will find a feasible way to put the Aces out of the reach of the bureaucracy, even if I have to tear the whole goddamn bureau down brick by brick.
At this point, it's not Nanoha anymore because the Bureau you hate so much is a BIG part of Nanohaverse. It helped Nanoha departing from generic magical girl show. No TSAB, it's no more Nanoha as we know.
Old 2008-06-07, 01:50   Link #936
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:

There's only one thing I can really say to that analysis, Sheba.

Alright, news flash guys. Not everyone here was particularly impressed by the addition of the TSAB to Nanoha. Some of us are old school magical girl fans who thought S1 was perfectly awesome when it was just Nanoha, Yuuno, Fate and Precia without any of this military bullshit thrown in to the mixture. The TSAB added nothing of interest to the story until the Wolkenritter showed up and the bureau was nice enough to add the cartridge system to Bardiche and RH.

Just for a reference point, I'm one of those guys who thought Sailor Moon was the greatest anime ever until I ran into Nanoha. I do not want, nor do I need, an epic Da Vinci Code-esque plot with political intrigue and all that inane bullshit. Good old-fashioned good vs evil works just fine with the right twists thrown in.

Let's not. Some characters just don't deserve development.

You can also get drama out of a "stupid" good old fashioned good vs evil plot. Now extensive usage of the military bureaucracy in a fanfic appeals to me about as much as swimming in a pool full of scissors, but ATC managed to convince me in IRC that it's going to be necessary at some point, so I'll likely have to distort canon during the timeskip to get this to work, but you mark my words, I will find a feasible way to put the Aces out of the reach of the bureaucracy, even if I have to tear the whole goddamn bureau down brick by brick.

Bureau Command Structure, brace for orbital bombardment.
I only have one thing to say:

We have tried and tried again to see reason. However, you are a lost cause.

I can only speak for myself, but as far as I'm concerned, you are considered ex-communicated from my book.

If others start ignoring you as well, then good for them, you start losing your audience, but then again it's not like you will most likely care.
Old 2008-06-07, 01:50   Link #937
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Yea, because they don't slices mountains or blow up stars.
Neither do the Aces, what's your point?

Quote:
We have tried and tried again to see reason. However, you are a lost cause.
Did I not say just a moment ago that ATC convinced me to compromise with my original idea? Christ ghaz, you're turning into TK. This entire plot line is still up in the air as it is; I haven't even figured out the aftershocks of the Hayate Incident yet, and in all honesty I've somehow gotten way ahead of myself in the timeline.

Just chill, alright? I'm still working the bugs out of this. Pass judgement once you've seen the final work, not when it's still in the beginning stages.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-06-07 at 02:00.
Old 2008-06-07, 02:01   Link #938
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Neither do the Aces, what's your point?
You always pull the "not impressed" card when it comes to the male cast, yet we have someone like Yuuno being able to hold ground against Vita. So, I'll ask, what's your problem with them?

PS: And please, Sailor Moon is not "greatest anime ever" material, I could understand if it was something like Gungrave, Monster, Berserk or Macross. But certainly not Sailor Moon.
Old 2008-06-07, 02:02   Link #939
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
You always pull the "not impressed" card when it comes to the male cast, yet we have someone like Yuuno being able to hold ground against Vita. So, I'll ask, what's your problem with them?

PS: And please, Sailor Moon is not "greatest anime ever" material, I could understand if it was something like Gungrave, Monster, Berserk or Macross. But certainly not Sailor Moon.
QFT my good man

QFT
Old 2008-06-07, 02:10   Link #940
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
De gustibus non disputandum.

I think Card Captor Sakura is the best anime ever created. If Comartemis thinks the same of Sailor Moon, more power to him.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content