minami-ke
to love-ru
ichigo mashimar
ouran
ninomiya-kun
cromartie
manabi
sayonara zetsubo

please anyone?? ow.. btw also anyone knows a anime like Rosario+vampire i'm into so much! ^_^ thanks guys!

i just need a funny anime right now ^_^

also anyone knows the title of the anime where a girl is a cyborg or let's say a weapon to destroy a town?the girls a highschool girl with a short hair and something like a metal wing on her back?.... damn me i forgot the title....

thanks i'll appreciate all the help!!
Old 2008-07-11, 12:29   Link #2
Smithsky

Title of the anime - Saikano
Old 2008-07-11, 12:34   Link #3
marinne14

!! thanks!! i've been waiting for a reply! thanks!! now i need recommendations hehe thanks!

need comedy/school slice of life:
Old 2008-07-11, 15:12   Link #4
Frans

Maybe Seto no Hanayome? mostly comedy though.

For more slice of life, you could try Petopeto-san and Potemayo.. and maybe Sketchbook full color's and Sensei no Ojikan.

I've tried not to include any harem in there (except for Seto no Hanayome.. I suggest it because it's very funny). Obviously there's a lot of harem/comedy/school life out there, but I think it would decrease the slice of life feel of the anime itself.
Old 2008-07-11, 21:56   Link #5
maple
Anime Dai~Suki

high quality animation beautiful music nice atmosphere
Kamichu!
story about;middle schooler girl who become god.
Piano
story about;secondary schoolgirl who is playing the piano.

Last edited by maple; 2008-07-12 at 20:57.
Old 2008-07-11, 23:25   Link #6
marinne14

petopeto-san, potemayo looks so good hehe i'll watch first kamichu! ^_^
Old 2008-07-11, 23:57   Link #7
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

mahou no sensei negima! its sort of a teacher life though.. >_<
Old 2008-07-13, 21:28   Link #8
fallin up
my life is a harem

clannad maybe
Old 2008-07-13, 22:51   Link #9
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Kanon (2006) - I found Yuuichi's jokes and sayings and his general style very funny. Though the whole series is not. But it's great.
Old 2008-07-13, 23:55   Link #10
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Hayate the Combat Butler
Ichigo Mashimaro
Sergeant Frog
Seto no Hanayome
Potemayo
Doujin Work
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-07-14 at 04:01. Reason: Apparently pointless to argue with trolls. Sigh trolls.
Old 2008-07-14, 00:46   Link #11
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Why does everyone keep naming things that is totally not slice of life.... Slice of life usually have weak plot. Anime like Kanon, Clannad, mahou no sensei negima is definitely NOT slice of life dear. Apparently users from this section have very weak background as to what genre that anime is, like which someone can't tell a romance, comedy from a gore, shounen, action. Please check with ANN or something before you give a suggestion.

Hayate the Combat Butler
Ichigo Mashimaro
Sergeant Frog
Seto no Hanayome
Potemayo
Doujin Work
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Okay Potemayo is the only one in that bunch that could even remotely be called slice of life so you may want to step off the high horse, pal. Not that the op is helping, with half of their not being slice-of-life.

But nobody ever gets the shit right anyway so I'm not going to insult anyone... jst you for being a douche about it.

Slice of life anime...

ARIA (+ ARIA the NATURAL and ARIA te ORIGINATION)
Kokoro Toshokan
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
SECONDING: Sketchbook ~Full Color's~ and Kamichu! (the best of the bunch by far)
Old 2008-07-14, 03:18   Link #12
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
I am just trying to tell those who don't know to check the genre before they recommend, seriously what is wrong with that? If you feel offended, I am sorry that is the way I talk but it seems like you trying to be a flamer here? The ones you named are Slice of life but it also calls for comedy, Sigh.

hayate: Genres: action, comedy, romance, slice of life
Ichigo Mashimaro: comedy, slice of life
Seto no Hanayome: action, comedy, romance, slice of life, supernatural
Potemayo: comedy, slice of life
Doujin Work- comedy, slice of life
---
Sergeant Frog - a Comedy, it is semi-slice of life
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki- adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction - semi, since it has very little plot

Sorry you not going to get away with it. I recommend responsibly by checking with a few recommendation list and only recommend those I seen. I am just asking others to do the same. If you feel that you are still correct then feel free to PM me instead of trolling this thread.

About OP: You not really making your point when you can't even tell the genre yourself.

Lucky Star: comedy, slice of life
Haruhi: comedy, psychological, science fiction, slice of life, supernatural
Azumanga: comedy, slice of life

~I am kind of getting tired of checking for you guys? How about learn how to do it yourself.
But you're incorrect. And using ANN does not put you in the right - they aren't some official say in what's what - it's like deciding music genres using wikipedia, which is widely regarded as taboo. The shows you're lambasting them for mentioning - Kanon, Clannad, etc., are easily as much slice-of-life as what you're recommending. Having a weak sory is not what defines slice-of-life, and the definition that, while incorrect, is widely accepted is merely that it details or chronolizes the lives of characters as they would normally be. You could pretty much pass off ANY comedy under this definition and you could just as easily pass off a drama, especially one like Clannad which spends a lot of time showing the characters' everyday lives before ever getting dramatic. The op doesn't seem to necessarily reaching for a completely non-dramatic show, so those recommendations are even more sound.

If you want to be a genre purist then you have to do it right - what I'm telling you is not to be such an ass about genre and let people recommend what they want instead of the 'responsible' bullshit especially if you don't do it right. 'slice-of-life' by pure genre definition isn't a comedy nor a drama - just pure everyday life. If you watch ARIA or YKK you'll see how nothing really happens in those shows - no jokes, no drama, just straight-up life. If you're gunna be genre purist, push the pure genre.
Old 2008-07-14, 04:40   Link #13
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
someone's parents should have hugged them.

Trolls and Flamers aside..

"A slice of life story is a category for a story that portrays a "cut-out" sequence of events in a character's life. It may or may not contain any real plot, and often has no exposition, action, conflict, or denouement, with an open ending. It usually tries to depict the every-day life of ordinary people. The term slice of life is actually a (more or less) dead metaphor: it often seems as if the author had taken a knife and cut out a slice of the lives of some characters, without concern for narrative form"

Man if you go by that definition no anime is a slice of life eh? Well Maybe lucky star. But mostly everything else has some sort of plot.

I thought Aishiteru ze Baby was a pretty good Slice of life, but it has a plot, so damn. lol. Anyways I'm sure 90% of these suggestions were good, as for the others, take the debates elsewhere...
Old 2008-07-14, 15:46   Link #14
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlaw View Post
"A slice of life story is a category for a story that portrays a "cut-out" sequence of events in a character's life. It may or may not contain any real plot, and often has no exposition, action, conflict, or denouement, with an open ending. It usually tries to depict the every-day life of ordinary people. The term slice of life is actually a (more or less) dead metaphor: it often seems as if the author had taken a knife and cut out a slice of the lives of some characters, without concern for narrative form"

Man if you go by that definition no anime is a slice of life eh?
you've never seen YKK, bwahaha.
Old 2008-07-14, 17:23   Link #15
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

I haven't actually, worth recommending?
Old 2008-07-14, 21:29   Link #16
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlaw View Post
I haven't actually, worth recommending?
definitely - it's only 4 eps though. The manga, however, lasts 14 volumes. If you prefer length, ARIA is equally nothing-happens and it's currently over 50 eps.
Old 2008-07-15, 02:52   Link #17
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

I looked it up, only 4 OVA's and 4 years apart, sounds a bit nonlinear. Downloaded non the less and will check em out. man 4 episodes...

edit* Just realized that non-linear pretty much is slice of life about 5 minutes after i posted this. lol. What i meant was, even though Lucky Star was slice of life, it still followed a time line, such as the anime conventions and school life. I'm thinking, although not certain, that with 4 OVA's following any sort of time line may not be the case.

Last edited by Phlaw; 2008-07-15 at 02:58. Reason: I'm an Idiot
Old 2008-07-15, 03:51   Link #18
Arkuatic

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu-similar to suzumiya i guess pretty good; new series
Old 2008-07-19, 11:51   Link #19
marinne14

umm.. i don't really get those terms but it's written when it is a comedy and a slice of life?.. but well i just enjoy watching those..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Slice of life anime...

ARIA (+ ARIA the NATURAL and ARIA te ORIGINATION)
Kokoro Toshokan
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
SECONDING: Sketchbook ~Full Color's~ and Kamichu! (the best of the bunch by far)
sketchbook FC is good! hihi i feel calm while wathcing this!

btw Welcome to the NHK is it good?? hmmm...
Old 2008-07-20, 20:18   Link #20
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
what about Please! series both Teacher and Twins are very much school life/slice of life/comedy, umm Shuffle! have some slice of life, definitely comedy and school life but , by something like Rosario + Vampire do u mean the heroine been strong/powerful? or vampires? lol, if its the 1st option then try Mamoru kun ni Megami no Shukufu o

Cheers have fun watching the series i did hehe