AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-05, 12:46   Link #1
delta9

Plz Suggest Me A Fighting Anime!!

Hi I'm looking for a good real life like fighting anime like Hajime No Ippu. I'm not looking for something like E's Otherwise, just a fighting anime without the powers.

Thanks.
Old 2004-06-05, 15:49   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Ikkitousen : it doesn't use strange powers only strange combat positions to better bring "certain issues" in to view
Old 2004-06-05, 16:19   Link #3
delta9

Hehe I know what you mean I saw that anime in one sitting, it was hard to stop watching it. I don't think there are many anime's that have realistic fighting on it.
Old 2004-06-05, 21:20   Link #4
7thMethuselah

You could also try Air Master. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I've heard it like Ikkitousen.
Another ikkitousen like anime is Tenjou Tenge : only saw a bit of it so far but it's very good and has awesome combat scenes.

Hmmm hard to suggest other titles, most action anime have some sort of supernatural powers in it.
Old 2004-06-05, 22:19   Link #5
delta9

I'm also watching those two. You're right about Tenjou the fighting scenes are so awsome.
Old 2004-06-06, 20:13   Link #6
kakashi25

Try Shura No Toki is a new fansub in a world of samurai the main character is a grappler like fighter using chaotic arts its called, is in same time period as Kenshin its a good one to watch.
Old 2004-06-06, 20:21   Link #7
Dhunter

where do u guys dl these good animes...animesuki doesnt have it
Old 2004-06-06, 20:48   Link #8
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhunter
where do u guys dl these good animes...animesuki doesnt have it
we can't tell you, Tenjou Tenge is "licensed" by geneon (Geneon USA is in the credits)
and Ikkitousen...well it too has been licensed by Geneon
and i think Hajime no Ippo has too
hey wait...
notice a trend here?
Old 2004-06-06, 23:39   Link #9
bunnykun
What is, what is?

You can download it at this site......

Oops, its againest animesuki forum rules...
Old 2004-06-07, 16:30   Link #10
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
grappler baki isnt licensed right? anyway its a good fighting/martial arts thing. no super power bull shit flying in the air shrinking down to size throwing "magic" punches or chinese magatama earing garbage.

ikkitousen sucks (shitty story line with an even shitter main character. shouldve been set back in actual ancient china. fighting wouldve made sense.)
tenjou tenge sucks (even though the art is good, story line is shit fighting? for what? school spirit?)
air master sucks (whats the fucking point? "I MUST DEFEAT AIR MASTER BC SHE CAN DO FLYING TRICKS IN THE AIR!! OMG PWN3D!!")

too bad hajime no ippo (fucking good) got licensed. it was one of those underdog animes that noone really payed attention to until it gets licensed then everyone starts crying.

im not much of a fighting anime genre type person. hard to find good series based solely on that genre.

i forgot to mention Condor Hero! its got a very indepth adventurous story. the only draw back is the crappy animation which turns off all the "anime-trenders" as i call them that only know naruto.
Old 2004-06-09, 18:24   Link #11
delta9

I'm watching Shura Toki too and it's a really good anime but I didn't like the time gap too much but it's still really good. I was dling Hajime No Ippu from a site but they banned because of there new rule about equal download/upload.

thanks.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:18   Link #12
wnkryo
HainShodan

Hajime no ippo. Don't you dare watch any fighting anime if you haven't yet seen this masterpiece of a boxing anime. But don't let the boxing aspect of it loose your attention, becuase this is one of the best animes ever--and it doesn't matter at all if your into boxing or not.

If and when your done with Hajime no Ippo, watch Grappler Baki. This is a true and (for the most part) realistic martial arts anime. Luckily for you it's still avialable via animesuki (bittorrent).
Old 2004-06-17, 02:06   Link #13
delta9

I've just finished watching the 16th episode of the second seaon of Grappler Baki and man I can't wait for the next release. I really want to watch Hajami but can't get it right now.
Old 2004-06-17, 21:22   Link #14
Eva_01

First 2 episodes of Samurai 7 are up.. download it!! So far the story is just developing and we've seen tiny bits of action but this will be a great series, just something about it that keeps u watching
Old 2004-06-17, 21:24   Link #15
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Shura no Toki is a pretty realistic fighting anime, as in fighting in fists and weapons, not in chi-attacks or supernatural powers...
Old 2007-09-21, 15:36   Link #16
saeree

one of the best anime out there right now is definitely shijoukyou soukai no deshi kenichi AKA the world's strongest disciple kenichi

this anime definitely pairs up with hajime no ippo, i totally recommend it to everyone and it has good fight scenes and good story
Old 2007-09-22, 23:15   Link #17
vizion

i second kenichi! theres no superpowers that make them go super saiyan and such...just hard training and good fighting. 50 episodes will keep you busy! =)
Old 2007-09-23, 00:40   Link #18
FLiPMaStAZ

samurai champloo is awesome action anime dunno if it fights your style though since they use swords
Old 2007-09-23, 00:51   Link #19
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Rurouni Kenshin has some fantasy in it but it's largely realistic.
Old 2007-09-23, 06:30   Link #20
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Rurouni Kenshin has some fantasy in it but it's largely realistic.
The fighting isn't quite practical though.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (a.k.a. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal) OVA however is brutally realistic, or at the very least by anime standards.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Closed Thread