AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-01, 22:01   Link #1
gergemaine

Send a message via AIM to gergemaine
Question Things Important to a Mage (Someday's Dreamers)

Some of you might recall the Someday's Dreamers anime or manga from a year ago. While at Otakon I came across an interesting piece of merchandise.... A book of manga (untranslated) bearing the title (in japanese) Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto - the same name that Someday's Dreamers bears in japanese. Except this book was not someday's dreamers but rather something else (I can't read japanese so I dont know)... So if anybody knows what this might be, here are a couple scans I took:

Someday's dreamers manga cover scan

Other unknown Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu Na koto manga cover scan

Color closeup of protagonist of this manga

So, if anybody has any information on what this unknown manga is that would be great
Old 2004-08-01, 23:50   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gergemaine
Some of you might recall the Someday's Dreamers anime or manga from a year ago. While at Otakon I came across an interesting piece of merchandise.... A book of manga (untranslated) bearing the title (in japanese) Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto - the same name that Someday's Dreamers bears in japanese. Except this book was not someday's dreamers but rather something else (I can't read japanese so I dont know)... So if anybody knows what this might be, here are a couple scans I took:

Someday's dreamers manga cover scan

Other unknown Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu Na koto manga cover scan

Color closeup of protagonist of this manga

So, if anybody has any information on what this unknown manga is that would be great
Looks like it's either a sequel/continuation or a portrait of another magic user in the same vein. Saw it at Otakon, but didn't pick it up
Old 2004-08-02, 11:13   Link #3
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

I read something at www.zaha.net about a sequel series or something....oh, here it is:

01.may.04

Kadokawa's June new manga releases list is up! But nothing interesting except for Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto - Taiyou to Kaze no Sakamichi #1 (by the same authors of Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto / Someday's Dreamers manga), on sale 01.jun.
Talking about which, Taiyou to Kaze no Sakamichi although set in the same alternate universe as Mahou Tsukai, it is not a sequel. It's the story of a different mage and it's also one of my favorite manga right now, so of course I'll now proceed to rant about it ^_^
Nami is a young mage in her last year of high school, but being a mage is the pain of her existence, as she is unable to control her magic and when she tries anything with it, it always comes out wrong. Not only that, but she is harrassed by one of her classmates because of it as well as overly pressured by her father, who wants her to become a mage even though she wants other things. Nami is a nice, shy, normal girl who likes photography and whose life has definitely not been improved by the fact that she can use magic.
But one day, she meets a new tranfer student, Tominaga-kun. He is not very friendly, seems always angry and doesn't like making friends. Eventually he warms up to everybody, including Nami's best friends, but poor Nami herself doesn't seem to be able to land on his good side--just as she eventually realizes she really likes him.
Even though it runs in Dragon Age (shounen manga, on the otaku side), this is a manga very recommended to anybody who enjoys a good human drama story or shoujo manga fans. Seen magic from the other side is a refeshing experience, and Nami wins anybody's heart. ^^

....wow...that's long. I hope that helps! http://www.zaha.net/shoujo/news.html
Old 2004-08-02, 13:58   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
I read something at www.zaha.net about a sequel series or something....oh, here it is:

01.may.04

Kadokawa's June new manga releases list is up! But nothing interesting except for Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto - Taiyou to Kaze no Sakamichi #1 (by the same authors of Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto / Someday's Dreamers manga), on sale 01.jun.
Talking about which, Taiyou to Kaze no Sakamichi although set in the same alternate universe as Mahou Tsukai, it is not a sequel. It's the story of a different mage and it's also one of my favorite manga right now, so of course I'll now proceed to rant about it ^_^
Nami is a young mage in her last year of high school, but being a mage is the pain of her existence, as she is unable to control her magic and when she tries anything with it, it always comes out wrong. Not only that, but she is harrassed by one of her classmates because of it as well as overly pressured by her father, who wants her to become a mage even though she wants other things. Nami is a nice, shy, normal girl who likes photography and whose life has definitely not been improved by the fact that she can use magic.
But one day, she meets a new tranfer student, Tominaga-kun. He is not very friendly, seems always angry and doesn't like making friends. Eventually he warms up to everybody, including Nami's best friends, but poor Nami herself doesn't seem to be able to land on his good side--just as she eventually realizes she really likes him.
Even though it runs in Dragon Age (shounen manga, on the otaku side), this is a manga very recommended to anybody who enjoys a good human drama story or shoujo manga fans. Seen magic from the other side is a refeshing experience, and Nami wins anybody's heart. ^^

....wow...that's long. I hope that helps! http://www.zaha.net/shoujo/news.html
Looks very interesting. Maybe I'll pick this up in my next order to yesasia assuming they have it.
Old 2004-08-03, 01:10   Link #5
gergemaine

Send a message via AIM to gergemaine
Thanks for your help! Time to attempt (and fail) to read it
Closed Thread