AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-25, 23:39   Link #2861
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I think the ship has 16 pallets that were double sided, that covers at least 32. If they have 20 pallets they would have enough for 40 planes. They are suppose to have 36 ready with 4 packed up in reserve. So they would need 18 pallets.

Also, it appears DHL delivered Chapter 7 BD today after having picked it up early in Japan on the 24th. That is quick service, and fortunately someone was there to receive it. Though I won't see it until as least Monday.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-10-26 at 01:00.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 07:15   Link #2862
calubin_175

Following those obscure count numbers on model manuals(e.g. 65 Garmilas destroyers in Me go sakusen), Garmilas Set 3 manual hints that there were a total of 4 Meltoria Classes in Domel's fleet and perhaps either 12 DWG262 Tsvualke seen in total onscreen or typically carried in a Meltoria. I would like to see if they show a number for the Zedora II heavy fighters.

The Polmeria's Melankas didn't get a count, but maybe the settings book will. The Polmeria itself did get 2, which may referred to the two in Geru's fleet.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 11:05   Link #2863
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We saw 20 Melankas coming out of the Imperial Guard's Polmeria's in episode 23. They might have more but we have a positive of five per hanger door at least.
Old 2013-10-26, 21:47   Link #2864
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well finally finished it. It was a good ride. I really liked how that one crew member that got stuck in prison ended up on the dimension submarine. Honestly thought it was going to end up Yuki being saved and earth being destroyed, though like how Okita ended up taking Mamoru's place. Hope they plan to remake more.
Old 2013-10-26, 22:22   Link #2865
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We know there is a new movie project for next year, but we don't know what it will be about. Just that is is new material.
Old 2013-10-27, 06:49   Link #2866
macdawson

It's confirmed. Yuki...
Spoiler for ...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Yes, there are a lot of differences between this final edition in regards to the TV and Movie version, perhaps too many to list here (I'm sure that Luis will tackle this most excellently). One of the things I dug was the prologue to Episode 26, with a nice montage and narration by Yuria Misaki.
First... Did you just challege me to do this?! XDDD Now i'll just have to do it.

Second... Yuria's prologue is in episode 25, not 26. :P But yes, it was awesome.

Third... Better get to work then.
Old 2013-10-27, 09:58   Link #2867
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I didn't get why there were no other Iscandarians besides the sisters. Is there a specific reason for that?
Old 2013-10-27, 10:46   Link #2868
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Honestly thought it was going to end up Yuki being saved and earth being destroyed
That would have been Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy and not Yamato though

But yeah, that was definitely "WTF did I just see???" moment.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 14:37   Link #2869
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I didn't get why there were no other Iscandarians besides the sisters. Is there a specific reason for that?
In the original they were wiped out by some sort of disease. Starsha and Sasha were the only ones left. I assume something along those lines happened in 2199.
Old 2013-10-27, 19:46   Link #2870
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
In the original they were wiped out by some sort of disease. Starsha and Sasha were the only ones left. I assume something along those lines happened in 2199.
A pretty pathetic end for a species that once dominated the Galaxy with its weapons and technology.

By the way, I would like to know what the Iscandarian warships looked like.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 01:57   Link #2871
calubin_175

My Yamato loot for this month.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hilarious
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by calubin_175; 2013-10-28 at 02:09.
Old 2013-10-28, 08:29   Link #2872
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I just watched 19-20. It’s been said before, but damn the Yamato should not have survived all that. It’s as if the ship was in some kind of anime…

...oh wait.
Old 2013-10-28, 10:40   Link #2873
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Episodes 21 and 22 dhow that the survival of the battle of episode 20 was not without cost. Both in terms of lives and time. They even used a full on drydock to repair the damage sustained in battle and lost about a month in repairs. Plus at least 30 dead. Probably a lot more since they would only use caskets for those with a bosy I would think. Several were spaced in hull breeches. They thought Iso and Yabu were dead, and all the pilots they lost as well.
Old 2013-10-28, 13:15   Link #2874
calubin_175

Wasn't it 26 fighters vs 57 in episode 20, and then about 14 vs 60 plus 3 carriers in episode 23?

The only plot hole was all three cannons firing live rounds at the Desula. It would have been more plausible if it were only one since I expected some of the turret personnel to have been killed by the Gamiloids.
Old 2013-10-28, 14:18   Link #2875
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Looked like only about 33 of the Gamilas fighters were in that formation Kato's pilots jumped in episode 20. Kato had I guess 24 planes out?

In episode 23 I would call the Gamilas planes to be more like bombers or fighter-bombers than fighters. They never seem to be that good in a dogfight verses to Cosmo Falcons.
Old 2013-10-28, 15:54   Link #2876
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
The only plot hole was all three cannons firing live rounds at the Desula. It would have been more plausible if it were only one since I expected some of the turret personnel to have been killed by the Gamiloids.
No plot hole... The gunners wouldn't have been at Battle Stations while traversing through the gate. And besides, as the series has already established, the crew numbered 999 on cast off, and there would be rotating gunner crews on stand-by 24 hours a day, so the Garmilloids would have to kill a LOT of them, specifically. There would be three A teams rotating in 8-hour shifts, plus back-up and relief crews, and so on. And by Sanada's report to Okita in the following episode, 17 crewmembers were killed and 34 were wounded during the boarding. It's a simple matter of mathematics, to paraphrase Alex Wildstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I just watched 19-20. It’s been said before, but damn the Yamato should not have survived all that. It’s as if the ship was in some kind of anime…

...oh wait.
That's what the Wave Motion Shields are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
A pretty pathetic end for a species that once dominated the Galaxy with its weapons and technology.
I would think that ironic would be more the word for it. Or perhaps, poetic.

Last edited by August138; 2013-10-28 at 16:12.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 16:53   Link #2877
calubin_175

Thanks for that, I better look into the dialogue in more detail. The turrets were damaged and replaced multiple times throughout the voyage, so they must have had numerous replacement crew.

If I heard correctly, there were about 10 000 ships at the Garmilas naval review, and Goer had about 3000 when he escaped and then left with 30 when he chased the Yamato. Dommel had 3000 ships when it ambushed the Yamato back in episode 15?

Dietz's fleet looks small and from his conversation with Talan(younger), looks like unifying the remaining military would be tough. Talan was on a Gaiterol. I am assuming whomever replaced Domel on the Magellan perimeter to deter Gatlantis should still be there.

Hopefully we will get more numbers in the novel.
Old 2013-10-28, 17:02   Link #2878
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Anyone else think the whole thing caused Desula's obsession over Starsha a little bit weak? In the original Gamilas was a dying planet which explained why Gamilas try to terraform Earth and take over. In 2199 what exactly was Desula's plan? Did he plan the whole Earth need Cosmo-Cleaner thing just to have a chance to capture a Iscandar princess, so he can use her to start the "unification"?
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 17:11   Link #2879
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
Anyone else think the whole thing caused Desula's obsession over Starsha a little bit weak? In the original Gamilas was a dying planet which explained why Gamilas try to terraform Earth and take over. In 2199 what exactly was Desula's plan? Did he plan the whole Earth need Cosmo-Cleaner thing just to have a chance to capture a Iscandar princess, so he can use her to start the "unification"?
No, I thought it was rather logical and poetic. Lord Desler's plan in YAMATO: 2199 is pretty clear... He's madly in love with Starsha, whose people have aimed to give salvation to all sentient beings in the Universe. So, he promises her that he will do just that — as the Iscandarians are no more. Earth is just one of many races that Desler aims to conquer in his quest to bring peace and united the galaxies under one iron fist. Thus creating "peace" thoughout the cosmos and giving this to Starsha as his pledge of love.

Meanwhile, Starsha is the one who offers the Earth a chance for survival in the form of the Cosmo Reverse System, behind Lord Desler's back. She also gives them the technology for the Wave Motion Engine to make the long voyage to Iscandar.

Last edited by August138; 2013-10-28 at 17:22.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 17:24   Link #2880
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ship numbers, types and fleets have been my interest for a long time, so details on the Gamilus Fleet and just how wide spead the Empire and its fleets are would be useful to me.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato