AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 13 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 46.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 10.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 5.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-10, 09:56   Link #21
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I guess that Kampfer really has earned the title of Amazing. The bit with Mao was also amusing.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:57   Link #22
Blazer-X

One of the best battles so far, probably because we finally get to take a break from Star Build Strike and the main duo. I like the tactical aspect of this battle a lot, because all we've seen thus far are very blood-boiling straight-forward duels. Its a very welcoming change, to say the least.

I also don't think of Kawaguchi's victory to be a plot-induced ass-pull, mainly because they actually did properly set it up as opposed to making it just "oh, I fell next to my weapons". Slightly unbelievable? Maybe. But I've stretched my disbelieve far more from watching various other Gundam series than here.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:02   Link #23
aiuewatcher
The Eternal Newbie

I like that "operation Time Stop" from episode 14 of origianal Gundam. Oh, Mao was too fast to attack, looked like Sleggar.
aiuewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:12   Link #24
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I really enjoy Meijin's counter attack. I had totally forgotten about that shot-off weapon container and once Kampfer went to the fountain area and pulled off that gattling gun, I was like "Holy shit! That was brilliant". Watching earlier scenes, you can actually see that Meijin actively dodging GM Sniper and heading to the fountain area. Nice one by Meijin. That "This is not a war, it's a GUNPLA BATTLE" cracked me up

That being said, I'm kinda disappointed with Kampfer Amazing. It is the pinnacle of all PPSE technology but it really lacks some awesome gimmicks or plavsky manipulation, it's just one high performing gunpla with rather normal weapons. It does have hammerspace weapon containers though. No way those missile launcher and gattling can be stored in its containers
Old 2014-02-10, 10:33   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Uh, did Sei just make a move on China? From his end?? The Gunpla-crazed fanboy isn't a blockhead for romance??!! So, like...................what's the blockage between them, then?????

More couples = ftw.

Did the Renato brothers just spoof the Frost brothers?

Dude, Ramba, she's married.

Lol, so they're fighting in New "Yark," eh? (from the busted dome Meijin hid in)

Sending in 1/144 soldier figures to plant bombs? This game is AWESOME!!

So you can use Trans-Am and such systems after all; I thought it was weird the Build Strike could have something like the Absorb shield but Trans-Am wasn't allowed. So why didn't the GN Drive fighters in the tournament use it?
Old 2014-02-10, 10:37   Link #26
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Uh, did Sei just make a move on China? From his end?? The Gunpla-crazed fanboy isn't a blockhead for romance??!! So, like...................what's the blockage between them, then?????
Their age I think?

Quote:
So you can use Tsan-Am and such systems after all; I thought it was weird the Buold Strike could have something like the Absorb shield but Trans-Am wasn't allowed. So why didn't the GN Drive fighters in the tournament use it?
Likely because such systems don't seem to be "preprogrammed" into the gunpla, but need to be brought about by the actual gunpla assembly and build quality. We have already seen stuff like the Nobel's Berserker System in play, and we actually have seen the EXAM System before back in the qualifiers (that BD1 vs BD3 fight) so no reason why Trans-Am couldn't make it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:39   Link #27
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Uh, did Sei just make a move on China? From his end??
No.
Quote:
what's the blockage between them, then?????
Being only 13 may have something to do with it.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:40   Link #28
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Likely because such systems don't seem to be "preprogrammed" into the gunpla, but need to be brought about by the actual gunpla assembly and build quality. We have already seen stuff like the Nobel's Berserker System in play, and we actually have seen the EXAM System before back in the qualifiers (that BD1 vs BD3 fight) so no reason why Trans-Am couldn't make it.
I know, so why didn't they build it into their models then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
No.
Um, so then what was the deal with Sei about to ask China out after the tournament, then?

Quote:
Being only 13 may have something to do with it.
Quote:
Their age I think?
............what do you guys think I'm talking about? You think I'm wondering why they don't get a room together for a night?
I'm talking about why they aren't officially a couple if they like each other.
Old 2014-02-10, 10:45   Link #29
Death Usagi
Banned

Seriously the amount of weapons the Kampfer Amazing has totally outclasses even some of the Gundams with a lot of weapons.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:46   Link #30
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Because the show kinda tries to hammer in the point that said abilities are primarily "installed" via the build quality and skill of the builder, i.e. you can't just make a Gunpla out of the box and get a Discharge System out of it, you'll need to put in work on your Gunpla for it to be able to do so.

Quote:
I'm talking about why they aren't officially a couple if they like each other.
That is a question so many throughout history have asked about couples IRL.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-02-10, 10:46   Link #31
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Seriously the amount of weapons the Kampfer Amazing has totally outclasses even some of the Gundams with a lot of weapons.
The pinnacle of PPSE Technology: Hammerspace

BTW, how did Kampfer Amazing lost its last weapon container? Did K9 unit snipe it or?
Old 2014-02-10, 10:48   Link #32
Death Usagi
Banned

I laughed when I heard Trans-Am system being in a GM =w=

It doesn't even have a GN Drive damn it!
Old 2014-02-10, 10:50   Link #33
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Because the show kinda tries to hammer in the point that said abilities are primarily "installed" via the build quality and skill of the builder, i.e. you can't just make a Gunpla out of the box and get a Discharge System out of it, you'll need to put in work on your Gunpla for it to be able to do so.
Okay, we're not connecting here or something.
That's what I'm saying. Why didn't they build it into their models:
Quote:
It goes without saying the results of having a Trans-Am system in your mech would pay for the extra work.
Old 2014-02-10, 10:53   Link #34
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Okay, we're not connecting here or something.
That's what I'm saying. Why didn't they build it into their models?It goes without saying the results of having a Trans-Am system in your mech would pay for the extra work.
And that's exactly what's stopping them: The Extra Work. It takes time, effort and resources to create a Gunpla capable of reenacting systems from Gundam, and even greater still to create something in the level of the Star Build Strike. And not everyone into Gunpla is as skilled nor as capable of putting such stuff into their work, and not everyone of them has the resources to do so.

Old 2014-02-10, 11:01   Link #35
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
And that's exactly what's stopping them: The Extra Work. It takes time, effort and resources to create a Gunpla capable of reenacting systems from Gundam, and even greater still to create something in the level of the Star Build Strike. And not everyone into Gunpla is as skilled nor as capable of putting such stuff into their work, and not everyone of them has the resources to do so.
The fact that they're competing for a world championship should indicate the competitors aren't here for just some quick and easy entertainment.
Sports players train excessively and put tons of work into being ready; Gundam Build Fighters makes it pretty clear that this tournament is easily on par with major league sports. It doesn't make sense that the people trying for the world championship aren't interested enough to put in serious work.
Old 2014-02-10, 11:08   Link #36
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The fact that they're competing for a world championship should indicate the competitors aren't here for just some quick and easy entertainment.
Sports players train excessively and put tons of work into being ready; Gundam Build Fighters makes it pretty clear that this tournament is easily on par with major league sports. It doesn't make sense that the people trying for the world championship aren't interested enough to put in serious work.
Many sports have serious competitors... but very few are in the same league of sports legends as people like Michael Jordan or so. Even ignoring said people, sports players come in different levels of proficiency and skill too, even within the same tournament. Gunpla building is pretty much the same: not everyone can be that good at building uber Gunpla, so they just focus on making a good Gunpla and compensate for their piloting skill. We do see plenty of players that make do with basic Gunpla that still make it to the world tournaments. Take Luang Dallara: his Abigorbine doesn't really have plavsky haxx, with only the Abigor's most basic weapons, and yet he still manages to wreck stuff in the tournament.

Old 2014-02-10, 11:11   Link #37
tsunade666

Good episode but my hype for it tones down from each amazing episode. I felt this episode is good but also lacking against the previews episode. Maybe because the previews episode show badass battle that heavily destroy each other while this episode show tactics. While I love the use of tactics in the battle but the way Meijin wins is kinda lame or can be considered lucky in a way even though he lured them to the containers. It just felt that the renato bro's already won that fight if they didn't act arrogant and stupid at the near end.

Still good episode and good couple shipping. This is probably the first gundam I watched that has good couple developments.
Old 2014-02-10, 11:13   Link #38
Avaricia
My Lord

Poor Dullara... he was too rushed on fighting them close combat -____- should have surveyed the surroundings first
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:16   Link #39
Death Usagi
Banned

I hate it when one loses due to arrogance and being too relaxed. :/

When Kampfer fell, they should have run towards to finish it off or make the K9 Pack shoot it again... =w=;

but...

PLOT ARMOR =3=

I just realized the GM Sniper K9 actually has a shield as an optional equipment but in the anime it doesn't use it :x
Old 2014-02-10, 11:22   Link #40
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
double date.... and mao
Gunpla WARS > Gunpla battle. renato brother FTW! meijin should've lose, that tactic is too awesome. damn plot armor -_-

and when kawaguchi escape the bomb, and then he and shout"prepare the worst!" in japanese, is that graham aker quotes? i remember when im playing gundam EXVS, using susanoo, he keep saying that whenever i do combo

and mao battle still the shitiest battle in this series, china bearguy battle still better
The opening = Final Match-ups :3

Also, why the heck did Liutenant said they're not playing gunpla's, even though they're clearly using a gunpla?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote