AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-23, 00:03   Link #41
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Besides. Arlong was NO pushover. He's a dangerous enemy. I'm confident that even with Zoro healthy Arlong would give them a hard time.
well Arlong admitted that if Zoro was healthy he would've probably been able to at least cut of arlong's nose. Besides that Arlong was intimidated when he saw Zoro's wound. Zoro can cut stone, so maybe he would've cut up alrong too.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-24, 18:10   Link #42
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Besides. Arlong was NO pushover. He's a dangerous enemy. I'm confident that even with Zoro healthy Arlong would give them a hard time.
I still don't believe that Arlong only had a bounty of 20 Millions when people like Bellamy and Sarquiss are worth 55 Million and 42 Million, i think Arlong would have won against any of them, but then again Arlong became a Pirate of the East Blue and since the bounty's there are always the weakest they probably gave him a bounty fitting for that Ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
well Arlong admitted that if Zoro was healthy he would've probably been able to at least cut of arlong's nose. Besides that Arlong was intimidated when he saw Zoro's wound. Zoro can cut stone, so maybe he would've cut up alrong too.
I think Arlong was intimidated because he saw that in the future Zoro would become a even more dangerous person so he wanted to kill him right there but i think that in that moment even if Zoro was in prime condition he wouldn't be able to defeat Arlong, Luffy almost died and he was in Berserk mode.
Old 2004-02-24, 22:00   Link #43
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
I still don't believe that Arlong only had a bounty of 20 Millions when people like Bellamy and Sarquiss are worth 55 Million and 42 Million, i think Arlong would have won against any of them, but then again Arlong became a Pirate of the East Blue and since the bounty's there are always the weakest they probably gave him a bounty fitting for that Ocean.

I think Arlong was intimidated because he saw that in the future Zoro would become a even more dangerous person so he wanted to kill him right there but i think that in that moment even if Zoro was in prime condition he wouldn't be able to defeat Arlong, Luffy almost died and he was in Berserk mode.
who says luffy is stronger? They're pretty equal the last time we saw them fight.

besides, one hit from Zoro, ure dead... sword is often more dangerous than fists
Old 2004-02-25, 13:12   Link #44
aahhsin

Quote:
who says luffy is stronger? They're pretty equal the last time we saw them fight.

besides, one hit from Zoro, ure dead... sword is often more dangerous than fists
heh that's true...

can someone refresh me on how much each person's of straw hat crew's bounty is worth?
Old 2004-02-25, 14:20   Link #45
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
heh that's true...

can someone refresh me on how much each person's of straw hat crew's bounty is worth?
Luffy is worth B$100 milion, Zoro is worth B$60 milion and Robin is worth B$79 milion.
Sanji, Usopp and Chopper have bounties too, though they're not revelead neither in the manga nor in the anime. According to the wanted posters that comes along with Sanji and Usopp & Chopper action figures, Sanji is worth B$15 milion and Usopp and Chopper are worth B$5 milion each.

Old 2004-02-27, 14:27   Link #46
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:

I didn't said Luffy was stronger than Zoro what i did said was that Luffy almost died and he was in Berserk Mode meaning he was complety and utterly pissed OFF he even broke Arlong sword just by holding it, also Arlong was bitting Luffy neck off and he didn't even cared he just broke Arlong nose, i think that if Arlong didn't pissed off Luffy that much Luffy wouldn't have won like that.
Old 2004-02-28, 03:00   Link #47
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
I didn't said Luffy was stronger than Zoro what i did said was that Luffy almost died and he was in Berserk Mode meaning he was complety and utterly pissed OFF he even broke Arlong sword just by holding it, also Arlong was bitting Luffy neck off and he didn't even cared he just broke Arlong nose, i think that if Arlong didn't pissed off Luffy that much Luffy wouldn't have won like that.
if if if if if if if if

if zoro had light sabers he wouldve completely killed everyone in the show.
If Ussop had a gundam he wouldve ruled the world
If sanji had a girlfriend he wouldve had sex
if Nami had money, she wouldnt steal

its just ifs. Im not disrespecting (although i admit the above statement sounds very sardonic) but if we look at the story hypothetically, lot of things WOULD HAVE BEEN. did that make sense? its late over here.
Old 2004-03-05, 17:54   Link #48
aahhsin

man these bounties are all wrong.

sandman had a 81 million bounty

then someone like hawkeye has a 230 million. and those other gods of pirates they have rediculously high numbers. while sandman (need name) only has <100. some god of the seas he is
Old 2004-03-05, 18:19   Link #49
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
man these bounties are all wrong.

sandman had a 81 million bounty

then someone like hawkeye has a 230 million. and those other gods of pirates they have rediculously high numbers. while sandman (need name) only has <100. some god of the seas he is
Sandman is Crocodilie yes he has a low bounty.

Last edited by Nine Devil; 2004-03-06 at 05:15.
Old 2004-03-05, 19:58   Link #50
eLstar
(^_^)v

He didn't say Mihwak HAS 230 million, he just said someone like him. It's different then acually saying "Mihawk has this and this".
Old 2004-03-06, 05:14   Link #51
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
He didn't say Mihwak HAS 230 million, he just said someone like him. It's different then acually saying "Mihawk has this and this".
Oops sorry read it wrong.
Old 2006-08-01, 02:20   Link #52
cheese4u
da big boss

[manga]Luffy's bounty[spoilers]

Right now Luffy's bounty is 100 million, after water seven I estimate that his bounty and the others are going to sky rocket (Luffy's especially) since they've declared war on the world government by blowing up they're flag. My guess would be about:

double the bounty for Luffy, Zolo, and Robin

Sanji get his first bounty around the same price as Zolo's current

The other's get lower bounty's around East Blue status somewhere in the twenty millions.

I also have a sneaking suspicion Usopp (sogeking) is going to get an unusually high bounty for blowing up the flag and being somewhat the center of attention in Enies Lobby. Probably mostly for comedies sake though.

What do you think about all this?
Old 2006-08-01, 02:57   Link #53
Slayerx

it does sound about right to me... afterall, Robin can read the stones, Ussop burned the flag(and spandam's face ^^) while the rest of them all managed to KO a member of CP9

What i kinda wonder is, will it be ussop who gets a bounty on his head, or his alter ego sogeking... I mean, when you think about, know one really knows who Ussop is, and the marines/gov't guys saw sogeking brun the flag... seems like they wouldn't realize who he was under the mask and put his masked face/name on the bounty poster instead... I'm betting it will be sogeking who gets the bounty, he's more photogenic anyway =P

i also wonder where franky's bounty would lie... i mean, being a starting bounty it would be atleast eastblue level... but do you think he would get some extra credit for his past relation with both Tom and the blueprints for the ancient weapons?
Old 2006-08-01, 03:23   Link #54
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
it does sound about right to me... afterall, Robin can read the stones, Ussop burned the flag(and spandam's face ^^) while the rest of them all managed to KO a member of CP9

What i kinda wonder is, will it be ussop who gets a bounty on his head, or his alter ego sogeking... I mean, when you think about, know one really knows who Ussop is, and the marines/gov't guys saw sogeking brun the flag... seems like they wouldn't realize who he was under the mask and put his masked face/name on the bounty poster instead... I'm betting it will be sogeking who gets the bounty, he's more photogenic anyway =P

i also wonder where franky's bounty would lie... i mean, being a starting bounty it would be atleast eastblue level... but do you think he would get some extra credit for his past relation with both Tom and the blueprints for the ancient weapons?

All of that seems likely, Usopp has been Sogeking for the entire time so I'm sure the world government would only know him by that alter ego. As for Franky I'm not really sure, I suppose his bounty all depends on the outcome of this battle and if the information about him and his relationship with Tom is passed on to the world government. What I really wonder is if any of the others are going to get cool nicknames like Straw hat Luffy or Pirate Hunter Zolo.
Old 2006-08-01, 03:31   Link #55
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
here is the bounties that i imagined:

luffy between 230-200 miliion
Zoro: 180 mill
Robin: 178 mil
Sanji: 160 mil
Chopper: 140 mil
Frankry: 130 mil
Nami: 100 - 120
Usopp: the same as nami or a little less

anyway i doubt anyone of them will get bounty lower than 100 million and all of them will get bountis ( even though they are from East blue they survived grandline and all of them defeated very strong people, they have already passed the lower level of the east blue bounties).

luffy's bounty will not go more than 250 mil . he will reach 300 mil after he defeat bartholomew kuma ( from the Shichibukai )
Old 2006-08-01, 06:14   Link #56
kari-no-sugata

As we have seen in Robin's case, the bounty given is not propotional to the person's fighting ability.

Putting it another way, a pirate directly opposed to the World Gov would be expected to get a higher bounty than one who clearly was not, but had done pretty much the same deeds.

Luffy attacked Enies Lobby, and with the Buster Call, that'll lead to its destruction. Not only that, but Luffy ordered the World Gov flag shot down as proof that he is willing to take on anyone and everyone to protect Robin (who knows far too much for the World Gov's comfort).

And we haven't reached the end of the action either. There is a possibility that Luffy could cause damage to Impel Down in the near future too, for example. If you imagine a virtual real-time bounty for Luffy (and co), it'd be going up pretty much constantly at this point in the manga.

We've also had some forshadowing from Cocoro's comments about how Luffy's actions on going to make a big impact. It'd be interesting to see if the whole crew gets a combined bounty - if so, I'd expect it to be 1 billion or more.
Old 2006-08-04, 14:36   Link #57
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
here is the bounties that i imagined:

luffy between 230-200 miliion
Zoro: 180 mill
Robin: 178 mil
Sanji: 160 mil
Chopper: 140 mil
Frankry: 130 mil
Nami: 100 - 120
Usopp: the same as nami or a little less

anyway i doubt anyone of them will get bounty lower than 100 million and all of them will get bountis ( even though they are from East blue they survived grandline and all of them defeated very strong people, they have already passed the lower level of the east blue bounties).

luffy's bounty will not go more than 250 mil . he will reach 300 mil after he defeat bartholomew kuma ( from the Shichibukai )

Those bounties for Chopper, Nami and Ussop are way to high. At most they'll get up to 60 mill each. Luffy will no doubt get at least 300 million after this. He's done far to much to not warrant a Huge bounty on him. He has done something which has never happenned in the history of Enies Lobby. He declared war on the WG, he defeated Blueno and of course the Uber powerful Rob Lucci(beating him alone is enough to get someone a big bounty imo), beat well over a 1000 marines himself all because he wants to bust out 2 wanted criminals, who between them can resurrect the ancient weapons.
Old 2006-08-04, 15:30   Link #58
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
why the bounties in for chopper, nami, usoop are too high ? if u look careful u will know that they are reasonale. each one of them at this time reach the same level fighting level of luffy when he beat croc. but forget this reason

first Nami:
1- she beat one of CP9 members 640 Dako and DF,
2-she use strange weapn,
3- she defeated a lot of marines in instant when she appeared from the train ,
4- Helped in attacking EL and saving Robin
5- and most important Nami will be the only person other than marines who can navigate in that area making here most wanted to keep the secret to navigate throught the justice gate.

2nd Chooper:
1- He beat up CP9 member with +800 Dako
2- DF zoan type user who can use 8 Transform level and he last 1 very dangerous
3- He is one of the most excellent Doctors in the World, and he use his skills to help anyone in need
4- He helped destroying EL nad saving Robin

Usopp :
1- he fought well against luffy in water 7, even with his injuries
2- even though he is coward and weak .. he didn't turn away from attacking EL and saving Robin
3- is sniper skills is super good
4- and the most imprtant thing he was the one to burn the WG flag
Old 2006-08-04, 17:16   Link #59
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
why the bounties in for chopper, nami, usoop are too high ? if u look careful u will know that they are reasonale. each one of them at this time reach the same level fighting level of luffy when he beat croc. but forget this reason

first Nami:
1- she beat one of CP9 members 640 Dako and DF,
2-she use strange weapn,
3- she defeated a lot of marines in instant when she appeared from the train ,
4- Helped in attacking EL and saving Robin
5- and most important Nami will be the only person other than marines who can navigate in that area making here most wanted to keep the secret to navigate throught the justice gate.

2nd Chooper:
1- He beat up CP9 member with +800 Dako
2- DF zoan type user who can use 8 Transform level and he last 1 very dangerous
3- He is one of the most excellent Doctors in the World, and he use his skills to help anyone in need
4- He helped destroying EL nad saving Robin

Usopp :
1- he fought well against luffy in water 7, even with his injuries
2- even though he is coward and weak .. he didn't turn away from attacking EL and saving Robin
3- is sniper skills is super good
4- and the most imprtant thing he was the one to burn the WG flag
If there's anything that Nami should be noted for, it is primarily her navigation abilities, but those won't be known for awhile, especially since all maps she once drew have been destroyed. Nami poses a threat to the World Government not because of whom she's beaten or what she wields (which is pretty impressive, to say the least), but because of what she knows.

Until she starts seriously getting thrown into battles with high-enders, her knowledge alone should put her somewhere around 60-million. Of course, it also has to be said that she hasn't been recognized for any of her other accomplishments, either. She may have done some things, but the World Government has yet to notice them. I'd say 60-million is fair.

As for Chopper, no one really knows him; everyone still assumes him to be the Straw Hat pet (or something), as opposed to an actual threat. Furthermore, his battles go by unnoticed just like Nami's, and no one really suspects his medical prowess, which shouldn't even be a factor regarding his bounty. I'd rate him at about 40-million now. It would effectively move up to about 70 million if he loses control in a particularly influential area where civilians and lots of Marine/World Government buildings can be laid to waste, but since few significant people saw him in his crazed state, that also remains to be seen, but the unknown factor of his Rumble Ball, when noticed by the government, will also pose a threat, since that's the core of his extended abilities.

Usopp burnt down the flag, but has yet to make a name for himself as a sniper. Furthermore, only his crew realizes who he really is. Even if the government knew he was Usopp, his victories have still gone unnoticed. Hence, his bounty should be somewhere around 20-30 million for simply burning down the flag at the Enes Lobby.

What makes Zoro and Luffy so notorious are their track records. Zoro, who had the previous title of Pirate Hunter, has been notably seen with the Straw Hat crew for quite some time. His trail is also pretty easy to follow, since you can see sword cuts just about anywhere he walks. Furthermore, having been a known member of the Straw Hats, his role in the upheaval of Baroque Works (where he also made a name for himself by knocking off over a hundred members single-handedly) heavily founds his current bounty, which will definitely increase after Enes Lobby, since it's obvious he is Luffy's right-hand man. By the time he is through there, 90-150 million will probably be his bounty, just by association.

Luffy, however, has taken out every big wig pirate (or ex-pirate) that's come his way. His bounty alone has been stacked upon theirs, and little else. But, his association with and rescue of Robin, as well as the fact that he single-handedly stormed through all of Enes Lobby's initial defenses and more or less challenged the world by doing so will sky-rocket his bounty; I'm positive his bounty will double at LEAST. So, yes, 200+ million is almost certain here.

But Robin's is the wild card. She has broken out of the Marine's singlemost greatest prison (with help, of course), and is now an official member of the strawhats. 100+ is a definite for her, but I know it'll be closer to 150.

And Sanji... he fights wherever he goes, but the World Government probably still doesn't know how crucial he is to the crew as a whole. He's won some pretty serious fights, but not ones anyone will pay attention to, regardless of how difficult they were. If he'd been the one to take out Lucci or he assassinated Spandam, he'd definitely be on the hotlist.
Old 2006-08-04, 20:42   Link #60
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
I don't think it would be a really good idea for EVERYONE of the Straw Hat crew to have bounties. For one, their movements when they dock on an island/town will be severely limited, since everyone can identify who they are through the Wanted posters. This would also help during investigations or some other covert activities they would need to do in the town without attracting too much attention.

But of course, as we've seen, none of this MEANS CRAP to Luffy and Zoro whenever they set their minds into either: (1) looking for food; or (2) kicking someone's ass!
Closed Thread