AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 42 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-05, 18:57   Link #201
Trudinh

ya, more reason to kill inori. to prove that he a pussy who cant protect any girl he love.
Old 2012-03-05, 19:02   Link #202
Trudinh

im still a little confuse on how was INORI CREATE. i know she is an body for Mana to use. but who created her, how was she create, is she some kind of special robot?

I would laugh soo hard, if INORI is actually Mana her self. mana never died. she just change her look a little and personality.

Or maybe the crystal virus some how shut down her real personalty and turn her into a emotionless girl(at the beginning of the anime) and when she meet Shu, she start to get new emotion.
Old 2012-03-05, 19:05   Link #203
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They are letting precedent from other series influence them. No, we will not talk about what series since just mentioning their names will ruin everything. The fact remains, killing the hero always marks a good series. I can't think of any where when the hero died at the end that it was bad.
Well, that's just over-generalising, isn't it? While a martyr-end can be used to illicit an emotional response from the audience, it doesn't necessarily make the story good, does it? Even as Guilty Crown heads to a martyr end...nay, because I know it's headed to a martyr-end, all the more, my opinions that the series was overwhelmingly average at best won't change.
Old 2012-03-05, 19:27   Link #204
andy

Killing the hero does not always make for a good series hell sometimes it just makes it worst .
Which ever way GC goes a fair amount of the fan base not going to like it no matter what .
Old 2012-03-05, 19:27   Link #205
Soji

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Shu is not really a pussy(like you call him) he more strong that people give him credit. But like I say,it's seem that the anime staff just like make him
suffer and make him lost everything he care for.That's why I will not suprise if they really kill Inori to make him suffer even more
That's really a good question. I always though she is like some kind of clone ...but we really don't know enough about this.
Old 2012-03-05, 20:28   Link #206
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I know where DragoZero is coming from. Most martyr-ends I've seen in anime have been good, if not excellent.

OTOH, martyr-ends have become increasingly common in anime lately, particularly for big budget productions (a couple prominent 2011 anime shows made use of the martyr end, and that's just what I myself am aware of). There's actually a chance that much of the audience might go "ho hum, where have I seen this before?" if GC goes with the martyr end so soon after two different prominent anime shows went for it. There's also the idea that Shu arguably deserves a happy end more than anybody else in this show does.

But I would encourage everybody to at least prepare themselves for a GC martyr end. GC has set Shu up almost perfectly to be a Christ-like figure if they want to go that way.

1) Shu's Void ability includes the ability to absorb the weaknesses of others unto himself, which also means he can heal people now. Very Christ-like, just replace "weaknesses" with "sins".

2) "Lost Christmas" and Gai's cross necklace - This I would typically not attach much weight to in an anime show, but given the other hints out there, these really do seem to reinforce/foreshadow the idea of Shu as a Christ-like figure.

3) The very name "Guilty Crown" may make one think of the Crown of Thorns wore by Christ. This I wouldn't typically attach much weight to, if not for the fact that the song for GC's first OP even references "crown of thorns", IIRC.

You combine all of the above together, and it does paint a pretty clear picture, imo.
Old 2012-03-06, 00:11   Link #207
syke123

Meh, they mixed about every religion they could think of. Literal clusterfuck, I seriously have no idea how insane the last 3 episodes are going to get.

But for sme to sponsor this, and then get a VN, I have a feeling we'll get sooooome ending.
Old 2012-03-06, 06:21   Link #208
Sixth
Hu Tao

About Ayase, is she genuinely concerns about Shu's life as a friend or she is madly in love with him? Because from what I saw in this episode, she looks extremely sad and worry about Shu.
Old 2012-03-06, 06:47   Link #209
Trudinh

I would say she concerns about shu life as a friend rather then madly in love with him. cause Gai is the one that she look up too, but now hes dead and revive back to life and goes evil, she turn to Shu.
Old 2012-03-06, 07:06   Link #210
Soji

To me seem more than friend though. I mean some of her reaction in this ep ,don't seem *Only concerns a friend* to me.But like I say ,that's just me.
Old 2012-03-06, 07:12   Link #211
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
To me seem more than friend though. I mean some of her reaction in this ep ,don't seem *Only concerns a friend* to me.But like I say ,that's just me.
Yeah, this is why I am asking about it, especially at the scene where she said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", and the scene where Shu pull her void. I mean, look at the way she looks at Shu.
Old 2012-03-06, 08:52   Link #212
Soji

Yeah...No to mention the last scene truck + explosion when she heard shu footstep + see him the face that she make was pretty clear.
Old 2012-03-06, 09:22   Link #213
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Poor girl is just going to suffer a little bit more, huh?

Old 2012-03-06, 09:30   Link #214
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I think she cares about him because of all he has done and all he has suffered. And that,even if just once,he drew her Void and made her capable of walking (and flying,if I remember correctly).

Besides,if Inori finds out that she is interested in Shu,she'll turn Ayase into fish sauce.
Old 2012-03-06, 09:47   Link #215
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
I think she cares about him because of all he has done and all he has suffered. And that,even if just once,he drew her Void and made her capable of walking (and flying,if I remember correctly).

Besides,if Inori finds out that she is interested in Shu,she'll turn Ayase into fish sauce.
I'd smother myself with that fish sauce any day.

But I think she sympathizes/is concerned about him more than anything else.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:16   Link #216
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post

What is wrong for a king to have more than one wife?
Old 2012-03-06, 10:25   Link #217
Soji

noobita@That one of the girl inside Inori is Yandere and if she find out about Ayase...then...well you got the point. Still I wonder If shu really dont take Mana inside him with His void or try to made her rest in peace with his void somehow.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:41   Link #218
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i dont feel a full romantic interest coming from Ayase towards Shu. I think she has seen the burden that Shu has had to carry since day one. Seeing him betrayed and seeing what Gai has become she began to question her own worth. The reason why she chose to take the Genome even if it meant destroying all her cells was because she wanted to fight and carry some of the burden that Shu has been shouldering on his own. I think she has started to look up to Shu as well for his ability to keep getting up even when knocked down. She truly cares for him as a friend and a comrade and is concerned about him dying. However, the state that she is in at the moment it would be very easy to tip her in the direction of romantic love. If it was not for Inori i would have no problem with a ShuxAyase paring as they both do share similar traits. But she may still be carrying that affection for Gai around with her.

I think Yahiro has caught the attention of someone as well. Did anyone notice the look the black short haired girl with glasses gave him. When he said he didnt want to lose anyone anymore. Theres a potential paring as well.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:50   Link #219
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
i dont feel a full romantic interest coming from Ayase towards Shu. I think she has seen the burden that Shu has had to carry since day one. Seeing him betrayed and seeing what Gai has become she began to question her own worth. The reason why she chose to take the Genome even if it meant destroying all her cells was because she wanted to fight and carry some of the burden that Shu has been shouldering on his own. I think she has started to look up to Shu as well for his ability to keep getting up even when knocked down. She truly cares for him as a friend and a comrade and is concerned about him dying. However, the state that she is in at the moment it would be very easy to tip her in the direction of romantic love. If it was not for Inori i would have no problem with a ShuxAyase paring as they both do share similar traits. But she may still be carrying that affection for Gai around with her.

I think Yahiro has caught the attention of someone as well. Did anyone notice the look the black short haired girl with glasses gave him. When he said he didnt want to lose anyone anymore. Theres a potential paring as well.
Huh, that short haired girl is always in love with Yahiro. In episode 11, there was a scene where she (unconscious) was hugging Yahiro.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:04   Link #220
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Huh, that short haired girl is always in love with Yahiro. In episode 11, there was a scene where she (unconscious) was hugging Yahiro.
ah thats right i forgot about that scene well there you go thats another pairing