AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 09:44   Link #181
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So just a few more questions:

Exactly what does Switch do in terms of this game?

How do you use items? I can't find a Use Item option anywhere on my battle menus, or are items partner-usable only?

And how do you get onto each of the heroines' routes? I would assume that for one, it involves using the "Walk around town" option when you talk to them in the city map, but that function is disabled for me.
1. I believe Switch lets you have the enemy change its target to you or your partner. And when your partner is the one in front, she will execute a sword skill(if she has SP that is). It's useful for one-on-one fights but not when there's a mob. I just order them to use skills instead(the second option).

2. Put them on the Battle Skills Palette. Select a blank space there and assign an item there instead of a skill. I haven't used an item though since the 77th floor but I still use the Teleporter item.

3. This I don't know. I just do all the notes and encounter each girl's quests/scenarios. Though currently, Asuna has the highest points with me.
Does this really have multiple endings? And do you need to play again from the beginning to get to each route or is there a choice for later(I'm at floor 84 atm).
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 11:02   Link #182
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Does this really have multiple endings? And do you need to play again from the beginning to get to each route or is there a choice for later(I'm at floor 84 atm).
Judging from that screenshot album slideshow back on the last page, I'd say it's pretty much confirmed that there are multiple endings with each of the girls. I'd also say it's most likely that we do indeed need to start a new game for each route since the game auto-saves instead of letting us save to different save slots. (which really sucks since then you can't make a save just before an evenet and keep the save file to come back and watch the event later)
Old 2013-04-02, 11:10   Link #183
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

not really. the ending is based on partner you chose on last battle

no sure about yui but probably if you dont chose any partner

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 18:27   Link #184
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
not really. the ending is based on partner you chose on last battle
Well that's sounds pretty cheap; if that's true, then you wouldn't actually have a route with any of the heroines at all; for that to work, Kirito would just have the scenes with them but nothing would actually happen (i.e. no development of a relationship), you'd just suddenly have him together with one of the girls in the ending.

If that's true, it will be very disappointing.
Old 2013-04-03, 22:38   Link #185
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Is there a way to change targets while in battle mode against multiple targets, or do you have to leave battle mode to select a different target? (I would assume the former, but I can't find any switch target function)

And is there a good way to play the game and get all the events/CGs? I.e., talking to all the girls every floor, keeping an eye on Kirito's Memos, etc.
Old 2013-04-04, 06:27   Link #186
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Is there a way to change targets while in battle mode against multiple targets, or do you have to leave battle mode to select a different target? (I would assume the former, but I can't find any switch target function)

And is there a good way to play the game and get all the events/CGs? I.e., talking to all the girls every floor, keeping an eye on Kirito's Memos, etc.
1. You don't have to leave battle to change targets. Press X once then use the left and right directional button to change targets, then press O. You need to scroll a bit to select a target if you're facing a mob. Before you do, it's best if you order your partner to use a sword skill first so that she'll finish off an enemy while you deal with another.

2. That's basically it I guess. Still at floor 86 so I dunno if I missed any but we'll see.
Old 2013-04-05, 04:38   Link #187
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Grrr, another question.

Does anybody know where you get the swimsuit armor? I used my Japanese PS3 account to download the DLC from the JP PS Store with the game's product code you get and transferred it to my PSP, but it doesn't appear in any of the equipment stores.
Old 2013-04-05, 05:49   Link #188
KiritoOmega
Dual Blade Wielder

I also have a question:
Does anyone know if there will be an english patch/version of this game? I want to play it so badly
Old 2013-04-05, 07:10   Link #189
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Grrr, another question.

Does anybody know where you get the swimsuit armor? I used my Japanese PS3 account to download the DLC from the JP PS Store with the game's product code you get and transferred it to my PSP, but it doesn't appear in any of the equipment stores.
I have no idea, sorry. Mine was just downloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiritoOmega View Post
I also have a question:
Does anyone know if there will be an english patch/version of this game? I want to play it so badly
The game just came out last month in Japan. Expecting it to have a complete patch is just impossible, really.
I believe there are some doing it but I'm not sure how far they are in it and I doubt it will be done sometime soon.
Either play it in Japanese like some of us are doing or wait for it to be localized.
Like...in a year or two.

And Strea, y u so freaking hot?! She really should be one of the main heroines. She should replace Silica .
Old 2013-04-05, 07:43   Link #190
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Grrr, another question.

Out of curiosity, is that 'swimsuit'...for Kirito?
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 08:11   Link #191
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Out of curiosity, is that 'swimsuit'...for Kirito?
No.
Old 2013-04-05, 08:12   Link #192
HasuMasu
*Artist

Somehow, I'm not sure weather or not to be disappointed.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 04:37   Link #193
KiritoOmega
Dual Blade Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Either play it in Japanese like some of us are doing or wait for it to be localized.
Like...in a year or two. .
At least I now have another reason to learn japanese
Old 2013-04-11, 07:23   Link #194
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Has anyone defeated those field bosses on the 95th, 96th and 97th floor? The
ones on the NPC quests? It seems freaking impossible.
I can barely dent their lives with The Eclipse or sword skills and their damage output is just insane. I keep dying no matter what. Hell, the floor boss battles are much easier.
It's probably best to just skip those quests as I can see that the rewards are only col and experience, albeit so high. I have 77m in col already so I don't need the money.
Old 2013-04-13, 00:03   Link #195
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Somehow, I'm not sure weather or not to be disappointed.
be disappointed
me for real is not as motivated as before again in playing this
repeating monsters in every floor just different level of monsters
sucks story (sucks really mean very very bad for me) where the main point of this game is to see Kirito making every girl falling in love with his donkan personality and making his own harem.....
this game really makes me think more lowly to Kirito which before I really like Kirito (one of my top 5 best male characters)
Spoiler for 90 floor:

forgot what to complain again about this game, too much to say and will be tl;dr
one good point is a bit amusing battle system with just some difference with the light novel or anime description where people should be more careful in using their skill point while in this game I don't care which path I take as I will always have spare skill point to be used for almost all skill that I need even though its from different weapon skill set from what I used....

I don't know whether to say that because of its in psp that the interesting point of the game is restricted or should I say thank God that this game is out in PSP and I don't buy the limited edition one....
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 04:34   Link #196
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
be disappointed
I'm quite sure Hasumi was talking about my "no" response to his question abotu Kirito being able to wear the bonus swimsuit dlc.

Quote:
me for real is not as motivated as before again in playing this
repeating monsters in every floor just different level of monsters
sucks story (sucks really mean very very bad for me) where the main point of this game is to see Kirito making every girl falling in love with his donkan personality and making his own harem.....
this game really makes me think more lowly to Kirito which before I really like Kirito (one of my top 5 best male characters)
Spoiler for 90 floor:

forgot what to complain again about this game, too much to say and will be tl;dr
one good point is a bit amusing battle system with just some difference with the light novel or anime description where people should be more careful in using their skill point while in this game I don't care which path I take as I will always have spare skill point to be used for almost all skill that I need even though its from different weapon skill set from what I used....

I don't know whether to say that because of its in psp that the interesting point of the game is restricted or should I say thank God that this game is out in PSP and I don't buy the limited edition one....
Wow, somebody had his expectations way too high. I'm not sure at all why you'd think this would be some master game.

As I've stated before, there are two types of games: the original kind and the milking kind.
The original kind is stuff like the Final Fantasy and Tales of series. They're made to be their own title and sell for being good games.
Milking games however are made to sell based on their titles' popularity. Captain America, Iron Man, Battleship, the Toaru games, and Sword Art Online. These games almost always are on a lower caliber than originals.
So you really shoouldn't have expected a super game in the first place, although I only expected a mid-level game and am quite satisfied and pleased with what we got.
Old 2013-04-14, 01:56   Link #197
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
I'm quite sure Hasumi was talking about my "no" response to his question abotu Kirito being able to wear the bonus swimsuit dlc.

Wow, somebody had his expectations way too high. I'm not sure at all why you'd think this would be some master game.

As I've stated before, there are two types of games: the original kind and the milking kind.
The original kind is stuff like the Final Fantasy and Tales of series. They're made to be their own title and sell for being good games.
Milking games however are made to sell based on their titles' popularity. Captain America, Iron Man, Battleship, the Toaru games, and Sword Art Online. These games almost always are on a lower caliber than originals.
So you really shoouldn't have expected a super game in the first place, although I only expected a mid-level game and am quite satisfied and pleased with what we got.
owh okay lol, it though he was saying about the whole game as no quotation

nope its not like i'm hoping too much from the game itself, there's no master game anymore for any kind of JRPG (final fantasy series ? stop at X though, all of the series after that is not final fantasy anymore lol), all games look normal or below it...
well maybe I don't even think that this game would be the milking one, so.... maybe because its the milking money edition of game rather than normal one, that makes me disappointed.... even disappointed to the whole series....
oh well, that's just my own assumption and opinion though....

haven't got the motivation to finish the game but my pride won't allow me to play other game if this game hasn't finished....wafu...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 20:14   Link #198
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Anyone know if there's a complete list of all the CGs yet?
Old 2013-05-27, 20:44   Link #199
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Anyone know if there's a complete list of all the CGs yet?
There was a youtube link video some pages back showing a complete log of all the CGs in the game.
Old 2013-07-11, 09:22   Link #200
starfrost

Does anyone know how Leafa and Sinon arrived in SAO?
starfrost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, ps3, psp, rpg, sword art online