Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 19:15   Link #2801
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
They'll tortue Kallen when pigs fly.

I don't mean to be political and all but they really wouldn't show a woman being tortured on a show would they?

If they're able to show a woman masturbating to another woman at night I'm pretty sure torture is right up the alley with a number of other fetishes before the season ends.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:25   Link #2802
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

If they're able to show a woman masturbating to another woman at night I'm pretty sure torture is right up the alley with a number of other fetishes before the season ends.
The question is more if it fits into the story rather then whether or not they can do it. For all intents and purposes Taniguchi can do it. The real bit comes, as was mentioned in other topics, whether or not that really fits Suzaku's character, either to condone, partake in, or turn a blind eye to. Who/where her family actually is in standing within the Empire, and so on. At which point I have to say that it does not.

It isn't, however, something beyond someone like Nina to do behind his back.

Also, remember, we saw Lelouch in a similar position in the flashbacks of the begining of this season. He was far higher priority than Kallen, and again within Suzaku's custody. He, however, only suffered (far as we know) the alteration of his memories.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:28   Link #2803
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

Yeah but we are talking about beating up and humiliating a woman here.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:30   Link #2804
Var
Banned

Quote:
It can always be implied, though if they do at this point it will feel rather cheap as there was no actual build up to it. She didn't look beaten or too distraught bound and gagged.
Old 2008-06-27, 19:31   Link #2805
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I was thinking more of Schneizel giving the orders behind Suzaku's back. As expected, his wording will be vague, along the lines of "If she doesn't talk, break her.", that sort of thing.

After the deed is done, when Suzaku questions him, he'll just shrug his shoulders.
Old 2008-06-27, 19:36   Link #2806
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I was thinking more of Schneizel giving the orders behind Suzaku's back. As expected, his wording will be vague, along the lines of "If she doesn't talk, break her.", that sort of thing.

After the deed is done, when Suzaku questions him, he'll just shrug his shoulders.
Well assuming that does happen what'd you want Suzaku to do? Throw a punch at him? Cry like a little girl?
Old 2008-06-27, 19:42   Link #2807
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Well assuming that does happen what'd you want Suzaku to do? Throw a punch at him? Cry like a little girl?
Do nothing, really, at least in public. Or, if he's delusional enough, retire to his private chambers and have a wild laugh/cry.

I can even see him staring down at Kallen (still in her rags) in her cell, saying in a straight tone, "I told you that there will be consequences for joining the rebellion. You should have let me kill you in the field."
Old 2008-06-27, 19:43   Link #2808
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Also, remember, we saw Lelouch in a similar position in the flashbacks of the begining of this season. He was far higher priority than Kallen, and again within Suzaku's custody. He, however, only suffered (far as we know) the alteration of his memories.
Not to mention his face smashed into the ground.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:45   Link #2809
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
It'll be pretty stupid to accept and allow Lelouch to betray them. They trust him and have faith in him for a reason, they aren't following him blindly.
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. They are following him blindly to whatever means

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:49   Link #2810
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
True, true, but that was because of Geass.
Old 2008-06-27, 19:49   Link #2811
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well he can't exactly let Lelouch use his geass.

Worse case scenario would have him take out a knife and cut out his eye. Hell that's what I would've done.

Quote:
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. They are following him blindly to whatever means
And they actually admitted it a certain extent.
Old 2008-06-27, 20:52   Link #2812
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
It can always be implied, though if they do at this point it will feel rather cheap as there was no actual build up to it. She didn't look beaten or too distraught bound and gagged.
I'm just saying, Kallen has information that Suzaku would want that could clear once and for all if the new Zero is really Lelouch. Not to mention to the Britannian military, she is a source of information about the Black Knights.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 21:07   Link #2813
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I'm just saying, Kallen has information that Suzaku would want that could clear once and for all if the new Zero is really Lelouch. Not to mention to the Britannian military, she is a source of information about the Black Knights.
That goes against his ideology. Off the battlefield he does not just kill, that much, I think, has held even after Euphies death. Not to mention all the trouble any such a thing would cause to his friends at Ashford... and Milly who's on board the Avalon.

Schneizel also doesn't seem like one for such crude methods. He'd more likely than not use Kallen as bait, which is also what I expect Suzaku to do. Assuming, of course, he doesn't have her memory wiped.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:22   Link #2814
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Granted, Schneizel will not think of such things as a first choice. But, Kallen will be a tough prisoner, and Schneizel cares about results. When everything else has been tried and failed, then he'll use "other" ways.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:26   Link #2815
Var
Banned

Quote:
Granted, Schneizel will not think of such things as a first choice. But, Kallen will be a tough prisoner, and Schneizel cares about results. When everything else has been tried and failed, then he'll use "other" ways.
Or they'll just use her as bait to get to the head? There's a very good chance that torturing her won't yield anything, so instead of wasting time maybe they'll put a plan into action that might make use of her hotbloodedness to give away something.

As much as I may dislike McCain as a presidential candidate he made a good point that torture is not as effective as people believe.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:32   Link #2816
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Or maybe, the torture is not for info. Schneizel might not want info specifically on Zero, in order to prolong their game (He seems totally interested in "playing" for a while.). "Neutralising" Kallen (because of her skills as a pilot) could be one of the things on his mind.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:33   Link #2817
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
That goes against his ideology. Off the battlefield he does not just kill, that much, I think, has held even after Euphies death. Not to mention all the trouble any such a thing would cause to his friends at Ashford... and Milly who's on board the Avalon.

Schneizel also doesn't seem like one for such crude methods. He'd more likely than not use Kallen as bait, which is also what I expect Suzaku to do. Assuming, of course, he doesn't have her memory wiped.
It's a question of just how badly does Suzaku want to know whether Lelouch regained his memory or not. Suzaku still hates Zero, not as much as the finale of last season but you can still see it, and Kallen is likely his best lead so far.

And I am not sure about Schneizel, he may not unnecessarily use crude methods but I don't think he is above them when a situation calls for it. I just don't take him at face value. It was on his order back in R1 to have Suzaku restrain Zero and then bombard the area with missiles and then the Hadron cannon, then go on later about how he had faith that Euphie's knight would make it out alive.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:38   Link #2818
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
It's a question of just how badly does Suzaku want to know whether Lelouch regained his memory or not. Suzaku still hates Zero, not as much as the finale of last season but you can still see it, and Kallen is likely his best lead so far.

And I am not sure about Schneizel, he may not unnecessarily use crude methods but I don't think he is above them when a situation calls for it. I just don't take him at face value. It was on his order back in R1 to have Suzaku restrain Zero and then bombard the area with missiles and then the Hadron cannon, then go on later about how he had faith that Euphie's knight would make it out alive.
And as it turned out his faith was correct in that Suzaku and the others DID survive.

Eitherway if there's one thing about Schneizeil and Lelouch, they aren't above using unorthdox measures.

I mean you got people like Diethardt who would tell them to do things based on logic (Such as marrying Tianzi to a japanese blah blah blah) but they'll pull back and say, "No, there are other alternatives."

Obviously with Kallen it's interrogation but Schenzeil may go for something else or even just leave it in Suzaku's hands.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:42   Link #2819
Var
Banned

Quote:
Or maybe, the torture is not for info. Schneizel might not want info specifically on Zero, in order to prolong their game (He seems totally interested in "playing" for a while.). "Neutralising" Kallen (because of her skills as a pilot) could be one of the things on his mind.
Oh please, he might as well just shoot her if that were the case. Capture demoralizes the enemy, torturing their people motivates them to destroy you ten fold over. You don't just torture enemies for shits and giggles (unless your a nut), either you do it for information or you kill them.

Quote:

That may be true, but he also has relations with everyone at SC and Nunally who all knew and were very good friends with Kallen. If he is not to throw them aside, or endanger them, then the best option would be very similar to what he did with Nunally. It is also the likeliest outcome. He will use her, and if he's smart he can use it to torture both Lelouch and Kallen by putting the prize infront of his nose.

I don't think this situation calls for it. I think it was deliberately contrasted that he wouldn't do everything for the win, unlike his father and like Lelouch. So I'd imagine that even for him, certain things are not acceptable. He may use Kallen, but I don't see him simply torturing her. That would be his father's method, not his own.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:42   Link #2820
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
And as it turned out his faith was correct in that Suzaku and the others DID survive.
Only because of Lelouch's geass, Suzaku was going to die with Zero which was basically what his order was.