AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-22, 13:38   Link #1
chronotrig

Farewell, BT

As has already been mentioned on some other threads, some very sad news has recently been made public.
BT, the person in charge of the 07th Expansion website and one of the editors for the games, as well as one of the first members of 07th Expansion, passed away on July 10, 2009. Here's a translation of Ryuukishi's diary entry:

Spoiler for Ryuukishi's diary:

I can't emphasize BT's role in this series any better that Ryuukishi can, but I can add that BT also did an incredible amount for our translation team, despite the incredible demands on his time elsewhere.

Every time we sent him an email to confirm spellings of names or ask permission to do this or that related to the patch, he always responded quickly and answered all of our questions. Every time, he would cheer us on and encourage us to keep spreading the story around the world. For that, we are extremely grateful.

BT was our contact with 07th Expansion, and the only person who wrote to us after Ryuukishi's original letter. Our patch will always be indebted to him, and his loss will hit us very hard. We hope that by following Ryuukishi's lead and translating the rest of the series with all we've got, we can repay just a bit of what BT did for us.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-22, 13:38   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Few years ago, the When They Cry series received an ovation from the public, a recognization that was made possible by the anime series, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
From there, 07th expansion, particularly Ryukishi07, the creator of the franchise, earned a certain fame among the anime and VN fandom.

That said, little is widely known regarding the creation of the series, which is generally summarized as the work of Ryukishi07. However, without certain contributors, the project wouldn't have made it to the current series we are following, Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Hence, this thread has been created, in order to give a proper tribute to one of such important contributors (if not the most) to the When They Cry series, BT.
As announced on this 22nd october, BT, the person in charge of the website, editing and debug process, has passed away on July 10, 2009.

As explained on Ryukishi's diary (translated in the next post), BT was Ryukishi's support for years and was probably one of the first (if not, the very first) fans of the series we are all following.
Because of such commitment fulfilled for years with dedication, we believe that offering such tribute is the least we can do.

Thus, this thread shall serve for a proper "farewell" if anyone wishes to do so. However, note that although it is indeed a tragic and mourning news, please do not cycle the discussion of this thread (All posts from the translation thread have been moved, so there is no need to repost). If possible, please try to make only one post.
Of course, we of the Witch Hunt, shall make our best to convey what was said in this thread to Ryukishi.

BTさん, 安らかな眠りを.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-10-25 at 12:23.
Old 2009-10-22, 14:36   Link #3
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

That is extremely sad news.

I hope BT rests peacefully. He's a wonderful person and a hard worker.
Old 2009-10-22, 14:38   Link #4
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I feel like I'm about to cry after reading that.

Old 2009-10-22, 14:46   Link #5
Escargotage
I want to believe.

That's terrible news, may he rest peacefully.

Oh wow, July 10th... did he even get to see how the first "answer" arc played out? Truly terrible.
Old 2009-10-22, 14:52   Link #6
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Could we expect some homage to him at EP6 endroll?
Old 2009-10-22, 15:20   Link #7
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
This is saddening news. Rest in peace.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-22, 15:24   Link #8
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Oh my good, I also almost cry, hang on Ryu!
I hope he will be okay, I understand why he would not publish Ep6 in December.
I would like to show our support, like making a letter with the pseudo/name of all the ones who would want to help him psychologicaly in this hard time. Do you guys send him something already?

Repose en Paix BT
Rest in Peace BT
Old 2009-10-22, 15:31   Link #9
tcaz2

Wow that's really sad... I started tearing up when I read Ryuukishi's post about it.

Thanks for all the hard work, BT... I hope you rest in peace.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:41   Link #10
Marion
The Great Dine

Rest in peace, BT, you will be missed for your contributions to the series and to Ryukishi himself.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:50   Link #11
Mystearika

i almost cried when i read the diary entry. rest in peace BT
Old 2009-10-22, 16:12   Link #12
Orophin

That's some really sad news... Does anyone know how old he was?

Rest in peace, BT.
Old 2009-10-22, 16:33   Link #13
Volcanic
fire of fires

Oh, wow.

RIP, BT. You were a great guy and did a lot for many people. Thanks for all your work, and all you've done. Cheers to you.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:26   Link #14
actawesome

That's so sad!
Old 2009-10-22, 21:35   Link #15
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Rest in Peace, BT. You will surely be missed.

I have to applaud Ryukishi's strength and drive to continue writing for his fallen friend, and I'm sure there will be some sort of memorial for him in the credits of the upcoming VNs.
Old 2009-10-23, 01:35   Link #16
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
i ended up crying once i turned off the computer. it feels really weird, kinda like it was my friend that died. especialy that i didn't know anything about him beeing ill or something, it's so sudden.
rest in peace, BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
I would like to show our support, like making a letter with the pseudo/name of all the ones who would want to help him psychologicaly in this hard time.
good idea.
Old 2009-10-23, 04:06   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ryukishi's letter to BT...just by reading those words, I can feel the sadness of him by losing one of his greatest friends... ;_; This is much more saddening, in a way, than by reading some of his sad parts on his story ;_;

oh, I feel like I'm going to cry now. ;_;

I didn't know that he also helped with your translation o.o

Old 2009-10-23, 12:35   Link #18
Auria

Gah.. that's really sad. I knew that he was an important part of 07th expansion, but judging from the entry he seems to have influenced the works greatly in the mental way as well. May he rest in peace.
Old 2009-10-24, 22:31   Link #19
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Oh my good, I also almost cry, hang on Ryu!
I hope he will be okay, I understand why he would not publish Ep6 in December.
I would like to show our support, like making a letter with the pseudo/name of all the ones who would want to help him psychologicaly in this hard time. Do you guys send him something already?

Repose en Paix BT
Rest in Peace BT
I agree with this, would anyone wanna get it started? We all write something, and e-mail it to him. Even if we don't get someone to translate all our phrases, I think as long as what the letter is intended to be is written in Japanese, he'd understand what we're saying....

lets all wish him HAPPY HALLOWEEN FOR RYUKISHI07?
Old 2009-10-24, 22:50   Link #20
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
I agree with this, would anyone wanna get it started? We all write something, and e-mail it to him. Even if we don't get someone to translate all our phrases, I think as long as what the letter is intended to be is written in Japanese, he'd understand what we're saying....

lets all wish him HAPPY HALLOWEEN FOR RYUKISHI07?
I think that's a good idea, let's wish him a Happy Halloween! It's so sad about BT though...

Little Busters!
Closed Thread