AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-12-01, 23:03   Link #41
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiGin View Post
I hope Luffy doesn't take on Jimbei yet, he's the Next Shicibukai member I'm dying to c. If Arlong was that physically strong, and Tom (hello, an enitre ship, far bigger than him!!), who really wasn't a fighter himself was so incredibly strong, u can imagine the strength of a Great White. he should be a later villian but we'll c.

Jinbei is a whale shark, and if luffy does fight Jinbei it will end just like the fights he had with Smoker/Aokiji, or he will befriend the SH crew.

I dont think Blackbeard is a zoan, we just had a long a** arc full of zoo animals.
this is a perfect time for oda to show us how to hurt/hit a Logia without using a seastone or any other types of weakness.

I think blackbeard is going to smash Ace turn him in and get the Schicbukai spot. Ace is a powerful pirate and he might have a bounty of 200 mill, and Black said hes not looking for small fry hes going after anyone with 100 mill or higher.

Hollywood aint for all pirates you know
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 11:48   Link #42
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Ace's bounty coud be better than Luffy's one

who will SH fight next?

I think that Donflamingo, Jimbei and Kuma, or even one more shichibukai combined could be nice tottal distraction and increasmend of all present bounties for everybody XD
Old 2006-12-02, 12:17   Link #43
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiGin View Post
Blackbeard is on of those real pirates we've been seeing. He's been going around and pillaging town and stuff. Was surprising that he gave Shanks the wound. Blackbeard doesn't strike me the type to be sporting a Logia fruit that can surpass Ace, but a Zoan wouldn't help him against Ace still.
Yeah, but Blackbeard is sort of a bounty hunter. I'm pretty sure doing this he's taken into account DF users as well. And probably has some sort of weapon made of Seastone, like Smoker. So Ace's fire power would play much less of a factor.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 13:13   Link #44
tellone

First I thought bear, when i first saw Shanks scar.
But i hope the bear-fruit goes to the kuma of the Schicbukai (kuma is bear rihgt)?

And i have higher hopes for Blackbeard 'Course of his fate belives. A zoan type would not feel right
tellone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 14:24   Link #45
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Yeah, but Blackbeard is sort of a bounty hunter. I'm pretty sure doing this he's taken into account DF users as well. And probably has some sort of weapon made of Seastone, like Smoker. So Ace's fire power would play much less of a factor.
Ive always wondered why Smoker didnt use his seastone weapon against Ace in Arabasta.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 15:42   Link #46
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Ive always wondered why Smoker didnt use his seastone weapon against Ace in Arabasta.
umm.. i think smoker said that only the tip (head) of his weapon was a seastone..
also i don't think smoker and ace fought in their forms.. smoker was trying to pass through ace to catch luffy and ace was blocking smoker and ran away as soon as luffy got away ... anyway i don't think smoker had a plan of catching ace, and i doubt he would do that without asking the HQ first since catching Ace mean declare war against WB and i think the WG don't want that to happen.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 13:24   Link #47
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellone View Post
First I thought bear, when i first saw Shanks scar.
But i hope the bear-fruit goes to the kuma of the Schicbukai (kuma is bear rihgt)?

And i have higher hopes for Blackbeard 'Course of his fate belives. A zoan type would not feel right

As far as Kuma the bear is concerned, a name isn't necessarily a hint to what there power is. For instance:

Crocodile=sand logia(not zoan croc powers)
Chopper=human zoan (not paramecia chop chop powers like buggy)
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 18:45   Link #48
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
umm.. i think smoker said that only the tip (head) of his weapon was a seastone..
also i don't think smoker and ace fought in their forms.. smoker was trying to pass through ace to catch luffy and ace was blocking smoker and ran away as soon as luffy got away ... anyway i don't think smoker had a plan of catching ace, and i doubt he would do that without asking the HQ first since catching Ace mean declare war against WB and i think the WG don't want that to happen.
but Smoker wanted to catch Ace as soon as he saw him
but I think that since they were both logia types, first they tried their full transformation or something and than Ace run away without giving Smoker a chance to think of something else
Old 2007-01-18, 16:04   Link #49
sandymm

[Manga] How to defeat Blackbeard

From the latest chapter it is plain to see that Blackbeard has one hell of a devil fruit.

Spoiler for manga 441:

My suggestion - have Mihawk attack him with an instant sure kill slash with a seastone sword ... I certainly can't see a third, fourth of fifth gear Luffy defeating him.. but i guess Oda will find a way
sandymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:10   Link #50
gekko

one zap of eneru should do the trick (100.000 kV ftw)
gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:25   Link #51
marvelB

Um... the thread title itself is rather a spoiler, don't you think...?

Anyway, I think that the fact that physical attacks actually DO affect Blackbeard will be a big factor to his defeat. Luffy (or whoever else will fight him, but I'm about 99.9% certain that it'll be Luffy who takes him down) will have to find some way to avoid being grabbed by Teach while dishing out the damage. I'm pretty sure that Luffy will have to use the Gears in creative ways for this fight indeed...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 10:01   Link #52
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

i dont think luffy will be his rival..think of it: if even ace cant be equal to him then how can be luffy with his gomu gomu no? maybe he can but im starting to believe:

as blackbeards old nemesis shanks will catch up to him and defeat him..i thought of a mihawk+shanks against BB too..because new BB can be a pain even for shanks, he can team up with his ol friend mihawk in order to defeat him..do you seriously believe someone like BB who says "what they say new era is shit" will be loyal to world goverment when he goes shichibukai? ^^'
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 10:47   Link #53
Slayerx

Y'know, i don't think we really need a new thread... this could just be continued in the current chapter thread, as it is relevent to the conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, I think that the fact that physical attacks actually DO affect Blackbeard will be a big factor to his defeat. Luffy (or whoever else will fight him, but I'm about 99.9% certain that it'll be Luffy who takes him down) will have to find some way to avoid being grabbed by Teach while dishing out the damage. I'm pretty sure that Luffy will have to use the Gears in creative ways for this fight indeed...
That's pretty much exactly it... i mean, Blackbeard is not like other logias who seem almost unbeatable, Blackbeard actually DOES take damage... Really, all you need to do to beat Blackbeard really, really hard and knock him out... however, considering blackbeard knew what he was getting into when he ate the fruit, he undoubtly has a very high fortitude for taking damage...

Quote:
i dont think luffy will be his rival..think of it: if even ace cant be equal to him then how can be luffy with his gomu gomu no?
well considering Luffy wants to become pirate king and thus would need to surpass even the likes of whitebeard (who ace works under)... ya i think he could be blackbeard's rival...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 12:02   Link #54
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

well true about way to pirate king..but still i think in the very end it'll be:

dragon vs luffy (dont ask why..he looks a villain and its easy to find a reason to start a fight between son and dad )
blackbeard..just looks better against shanks for me..we still need to learn why they fought and how the scar on shanks face happened..but somehow shanks looks like he wants to take out blackbeard personelly

edit:how about..if dragon comes to help luffy against him? green wind vortex vs shadow vortex? : p
Old 2007-01-21, 13:50   Link #55
Vree

I think the weakness that he must absorb absolutely everything thrown at him, even if he takes damage from it, is what should be exploited...
Don't ask me exactly how tho.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 04:13   Link #56
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking View Post
Blackbeard just looks better against Shanks to me. We still need to learn why they fought and how the scar on Shanks' face happened. But somehow Shanks looks like he wants to take out Blackbeard personally.

Edit: How about if Dragon comes to help Luffy against him? Green wind vortex vs. shadow vortex?
Blackbeard is too big a character (after the latest chapter) to be defeated by a secondary character. He even has his own crewmembers that we already recognize, and who will most likely face off against the rest of the Mugiwaras. (Though he's a few short right now...)
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 05:45   Link #57
Dr.Kureha

Maybe he could suck in too much and almost over load himself.

Like putting too much air in a balloon and it pops.

I dont know how he would get in a situation like this but he might....maybe summit like....

Luffey could send him flying out into the ocean, and maybe as he's falling into it he resorts to attempt to suck in the ocean rather than drown.....just a thought
Dr.Kureha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 19:07   Link #58
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

so in the end:

Blackbeard vs Luffy (captains battle)
Burgess vs Zoro/Sanji (probly zoro..he has enough strenght for this fight)
Lafitte vs Zoro/Sanji (we dont know his battle tactics but..if he has a sword in his cane,then itll be zoro)
Van Auge vs Usopp (sniper battle?)
Doc Q vs Chopper (Doctor battle?medical battle?)

also therell be nami/franky to help (franky might help zoro with burgess imo)

plus theres another theory here:
What if Shanks crew help straw-hats? Blackbeards crew already monsterous enough to solo matches against straw-hats..like we already know usopp will never be able to beat auger with what he has now

like:

Shanks+Luffy VS Blackbeard (now this time luffy may have a chance to defeat..its insanely hard to keep solo with blackbeard..but with his chlidhood hero near him luffy can do great things,besides its shanks after all)

Usopp+Yasopp VS Van Auge (father and son..while having flashbacks about the family things..will be able to keep up with auge i guess)

Sanji+Franky+Lucky Roux VS Burgess/Lafitte (first we need to learn what lafitte is capable of..still lucky roux+sanji is nice combo because they both interested in food imo :

Zoro+Franky+Ben Beckman VS Burgess/Lafitte (zoro and ben are pretty same character types.but i doubt how burgess will survive from zoro swords..)

Chopper+Nami+Rockstar VS Doc Q (its gonna be one weird battle..exploding apples flying around?rockstar looks like a nice side character to aid chopper)
Old 2007-02-01, 15:38   Link #59
AtARUpt

blueno opens up a air door and seals bb forever in there...
AtARUpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 01:50   Link #60
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

See that is what I was considering also...We know Luffy is going to fight Blackbeard. But that doesnt mean he is going to be the one to defeat him or defeat him alone.

We just had Smoker reintroduced. He could actually go help out Luffy when he manages to catch up to him...Or even Shanks. Since he is extremely concerned about Ace fighting him....Or even the possiblity..That when he squares off against Luffy finally. Dragon could let him a hand. That fight could be thier reunion.
The thing is...Blackbeard right now has a ton of possiblities to play out. Heck you can even have Ace get healed up and a tag team on him.