AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-10, 10:01   Link #1981
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Pretty good chapter all around, just more TLR darkness greatness!

But thing that had most of my attention was the colour spread, a love my ponytail donny Lala.
Well more to the point I love when any girl with long hair and sometimes short hair ties their hair up if it isn't something they do often.
You know how it is with that whole hair thing.
Girl has her hair up all the time so when she lets it down it will look great and vice versa. It's a very odd thing in the world.

Am very happy that Saki showed up, she needs more screen time, I really do like her alot.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:08   Link #1982
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
Nice chapter, probably the first time I felt Run coming into her own as a character instead of just being part of a matching set she shares with Ren.

Although the whole gender dilemma was solved a bit too conveniently for my taste, at least that's now out of the way & something much more basic is finally addressed
. The fact that, despite being one of the more straightforward girls in the series, Run's feeling were never really taken all that seriously by Rito until now.
@bold: Yeah, that was pretty convenient, wasn't it?

Still, Yabuki-Sensei had to address this problem pretty quickly, so one chapter was really all he could afford in order to the Harem Plan to continue proceeding smoothly, IMO.

That aside, it was surprising to see how straightforward and honest Run was in this chapter. in the original TLR, she was more along the lines of an airhead-type character, not unlike Lala in a sense, but you never really got the impression that she could be taken as a serious candidate for Rito's feelings. It's pleasing to see that Yabuki-Sensei decided to address this seriously.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 10:10   Link #1983
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I really didn't understand why Run was so upset. She should have known that her race splits into two people like that and would only have to wait a little longer instead of making Ren out to be some obstacle she'd never be able to overcome. Otherwise, it was a cute chapter.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:23   Link #1984
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I really didn't understand why Run was so upset. She should have known that her race splits into two people like that and would only have to wait a little longer instead of making Ren out to be some obstacle she'd never be able to overcome. Otherwise, it was a cute chapter.
Perhaps, but at the same time one has to understand that Run still had feelings for Rito even when she and Ren were still of one body. To try and suppress those feelings until she had her own body is like admitting to herself that Rito didn't have any real regard for her or her feelings, hence why she was so emotional when talking about being on the same "stage" as Lala.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 11:47   Link #1985
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
And oh boy, Yami... Either she has some tremendous foresight to bring that particular book on that day or the entire time of the freshmen girls' spying was something akin to a social studies field trip for her.
That may very well have been the case. She didn't seem to care much about Rito and Run's date. She kept her time eating her beloved taiyaki and reading her book. She did get interested towards the end though... Then again, I suppose those sounds will pique anyone's interest.

I never liked Run much, but I found her very endearing in this chapter. She is a lot less shallow than I thought she was.

Momo and Mea make a good duo. I loved their interactions. Mea is pretty much her apprentice now.

I like how they make fun of Rito's slips now. I'm as puzzled as Nana is about them. That's got to be one of his superpowers.
Old 2011-07-10, 11:51   Link #1986
Xagzan

*reads chapter*

*adds Rin to harem <3*

That aside, I think this was the first chapter I really liked Run. And not just after the split. The crying scene was pretty touching and won me over even before Ren got free. But that, combined with seeing Momo, Yui and Rin all in the same chapter, was wonderful.

Oh, and I think Mea pretty much said Yami had been reading that book the whole time.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 12:58   Link #1987
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't think she knows when the change occurs. Tertiary Sex characteristics are psychological, meaning that Run may need to be at a certain level of mental maturity before the change takes place.

Her confronting her feelings like this may have been the final push she needed, or possibly the other way round. Her new found maturity was the final push she needed to confront and be honest about her feelings for Rito.

I get the feeling that if its all in her head, so to speak, its entirely possibly for the split to never occur
Old 2011-07-10, 13:15   Link #1988
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I don't think she knows when the change occurs. Tertiary Sex characteristics are psychological, meaning that Run may need to be at a certain level of mental maturity before the change takes place.

Her confronting her feelings like this may have been the final push she needed, or possibly the other way round. Her new found maturity was the final push she needed to confront and be honest about her feelings for Rito.

I get the feeling that if its all in her head, so to speak, its entirely possibly for the split to never occur
I doubt it would ever be to the point of it not happening, but yeah I have a feeling she had no clue how soon it might happen and if she belived it would possably be years before it happend she would likely figure she would be too far behind in the race for Rito's heart that she could never catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Horray for Ren and Run! (Love Yami's red rice line) Seriously I'd feel sorry for Ren if it didn't happen.

Also I just can't express enough, that despite my tolerance for cultural difference, the whole idols (dunno if it counts males too) can have no love life is just messed up from any angle (sorry but somebody needs to tell those fans to STFU and get a life)
It happens with young american pop stars / young actors as well as part of that whole wholsome image. Think of actors/singers that come out of the Disney stable,these are basicly the same thing as idols in Japan the main difrence is that a higher number of them are able to move on from that stage to being a "real" entertainer at which time they tend to throw the wholsome image to the wind.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 14:04   Link #1989
solomon

But I actually read about those Disney kids having relationships in their teenage years and 20s, as opposed to the Japanese which like to keep that shit under wraps no matter what. Not to mention the fact that idols in Asia are specifically bred to do a variety of things from the get go at times as opposed to here where you mainly focus on one branch of entertainment.

To me it's not about wholesomeness, but reality, ioono still seems like those hardcore fans really need to get a life but whatever.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 15:52   Link #1990
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

That's one way to control your population
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 16:40   Link #1991
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You gotta love the fact that the only boy that isn't a pervert is being thought of as the biggest pervert by every girl that likes him, compared to his monkey faced friend and their school principal-v-;;. You say now, but what happens when he trips out of nothing?, Ah, that is the heavens' way of saying, you're such a nice and considerate guy, we want you to bone already, so get your rear in gear.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 19:21   Link #1992
Last Carpet

Yay for Run, just imagine.....

Now she can sneeze anywhere anytime without the fear of changing genders.

Oh yeah, and now she has a better shot at Rito.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 19:54   Link #1993
mechdra

I guess Run will have a better life now since she can do anything she wants without any worries but I am rather sad for Ren. He will probably feel inferior since Run had gone so far ahead and he is still left behind without getting a chance to shine.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 21:03   Link #1994
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Unless Yabuki makes a girl that likes Ren and makes them the pair.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:08   Link #1995
ForteAnly

I liked the chapter. It had some funny moments along with interesting imaginations from Momo. Glad that Run got her own body and now is contender for Rito's harem. One of the the reasons that put me off for Run was the whole changing into a dude thing but now I can officially say that she is hot without feeling weird. I hope we get some more people added to harem like Mikado. Anyways, did anybody else think it was awesome when Yami called everyone ecchi?
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 04:47   Link #1996
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Unless Yabuki makes a girl that likes Ren and makes them the pair.
If that happens, what are the chances that people will gonna want to include her into the harem (or even Momo taking it into consideration)? Unless somehow it's Lala's doppelganger...

I just got a feeling now that Run & Ren are seperated, we may never see either of 'em sneezing again (would be rather coincidental, isn't it?). If it does occur, it's probably for reference/joke.
Old 2011-07-11, 04:53   Link #1997
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Why don't Ren hook up with Zastin? And that also frees up Saki. Problem solved.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 08:34   Link #1998
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Why don't Ren hook up with Zastin? And that also frees up Saki. Problem solved.
Zastin doesn't even need to be freed up. He hasn't shown any notice that she's alive, the feelings are totally one sided.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:23   Link #1999
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

After Run and Ren getting separated.
Is it possible for Rito and Riko to get separated too ?
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:44   Link #2000
Ashaman

Boo. I'd rather that not happen.

I hope Ren doesn't get completely excluded now that he is separated from Run. I'm not saying he should appear all the time, but hopefully he wont be forgotten.

EDIT: Heh, I got the thread's 2000th post. Nice. Not bad for a monthly manga thread less than a year old.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen