AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 07:41   Link #5141
Slayerx

Oh another stupid thing about kana's actions... looking back at previous chapters, it was not only kana who suggest that she, lucy and gray split up but she immediately paired up with Lucy. Really, if she was only splitting up so that she keep going with the test then the LEAST she could have done was TRY to push Lucy and Gray together so she would not have to leave Lucy asleep on the side of the road. I know she needed to find out what Lucy knew about the grave but she could have tried asking earlier or just try and go it on her own... Hell maybe she even could have invented an excuse to bring Lucy with her to the grave like they needed to make sure the enemy did not get there.... i'd find this little revelation more acceptable if it was not for the whole ditching Lucy thing; honestly atleast then she could fool herself into thinking "I can ignore the enemies and pursue my own needs because my fiends are strong and can take care of themselves"... really i'm surprised that "help lucy" card wasn't set off sooner

One thing i was looking for in previous chapters to see if their was any subtle foreshadowing to Kana and Gildartz... something like when when he enters a room she just silently stares at him; something easy to overlook... though i did not find such. I would really appreciated such subtleties

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I think when Kana finally gets to tell Gildartz the truth, Gildartz would probably say something like 'you don't need bars in love', or he might go 'huh? when did I get myself a daughter?' It might turn out to just be one huge mistake after all. lol.
Now that would be just plain mean to kana...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
And when you know Gildartz is so dumb he don't remember his guild or Mirajane in two years ... XD
Actually recall in those two years both the guild and Mira's personality changed DRASTICALLY... that's why he didn't recognize either one... so its not really that he's dumb

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-04-27 at 08:17.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 08:35   Link #5142
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually recall in those two years both the guild and Mira's personality changed DRASTICALLY... that's why he didn't recognize either one... so its not really that he's dumb
I'll say he is just absent-minded

Anyway the new chapter tells us that Kana was the daughter of Gildartz? I somehow just don't feel the 'twist' in the story they wanted to portray.

And i just cannot imagine a 'powered-up' Kana. Rather disappointing chapter, if I may say so
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:47   Link #5143
Krono

Quote:
Yeah, a lot of people seem to have forgetten that in the last few months before Gildarts returned, the old Guild Hall that had stood there for years and years was destroyed and a new one of different design was built to replace it.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 18:52   Link #5144
n0m@n
C-Z

Some people are saying that comparing Laxus and kana is bad, but Laxus did get kicked out of the guild for what he did. Kana should atleast suffer a little consequences, and instead giving a her a treat(S-class mage) will be unfair.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 19:02   Link #5145
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Some people are saying that comparing Laxus and kana is bad, but Laxus did get kicked out of the guild for what he did. Kana should atleast suffer a little consequences, and instead giving a her a treat(S-class mage) will be unfair.
Laxus forced his fellow guild members to fight each other and attempted to use frickin' Fairy Law on everyone in Magnolia over what was basically a temper tantrum.

Kana acted selfishly and abandoned her teammate, and expressed regret almost immediately afterwards. Then she turns around and goes to protect her teammate and fellow guild members.

You can't compare the two because they're completely different cases.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:29   Link #5146
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Oh another stupid thing about kana's actions... looking back at previous chapters, it was not only kana who suggest that she, lucy and gray split up but she immediately paired up with Lucy. Really, if she was only splitting up so that she keep going with the test then the LEAST she could have done was TRY to push Lucy and Gray together so she would not have to leave Lucy asleep on the side of the road. I know she needed to find out what Lucy knew about the grave but she could have tried asking earlier or just try and go it on her own... Hell maybe she even could have invented an excuse to bring Lucy with her to the grave like they needed to make sure the enemy did not get there.... i'd find this little revelation more acceptable if it was not for the whole ditching Lucy thing; honestly atleast then she could fool herself into thinking "I can ignore the enemies and pursue my own needs because my fiends are strong and can take care of themselves"... really i'm surprised that "help lucy" card wasn't set off sooner
Well lets be fair here... Kana choose to have Gray leave so she could get that info from Lucy so Gray couldn't beat her there then she choose to knock out Lucy, seemingly on impulse. However even if she did plan to ko Lucy beforehand we can't say she wasn't hoping that by doing some sexual teasing in front of Gray she didn't expect him to sneak a peak and discover Lucy ko'ed out later. Let's face it the guy did want to walk into Lucy in the bath tube and Gemini confirmed he thought she was cute, so any normal teen male would have likely gone for a peak... but by chance he bumped into Ultear of all people likely the only person who could make him forget an idea like Cana and Lucy making out. Plus Lucy woke up rather quick... so Kana may have only planned on a short head start only when she cast her sleep spell.

I agree in principle that Kana's actions were very wrong but we weren't privy to her thought process... so I weary of going that far but can't disagree either since you could be right.

As to the card maybe it was tied to how much damage Lucy took or Lucy had to set it off herself...

Quote:
One thing i was looking for in previous chapters to see if their was any subtle foreshadowing to Kana and Gildartz... something like when when he enters a room she just silently stares at him; something easy to overlook... though i did not find such. I would really appreciated such subtleties
I did think of one thing... Laxus ordering Kana's death. It's quite possible she tried to say she understood being compared to such a father/grandfather once in the past but being too fearful to open up to Laxus about who her father was, just royally pissed him off instead. Laxus's ego acted before he thought to press her on the matter or think for a moment that she could be telling the truth and not just lying to his face. Leading to from then on Laxus hating Cana. Pure speculation though.
Old 2011-04-29, 21:22   Link #5147
Ermes Marana

Honestly, I think Mashima might have changed his plan for the story after Kana KO'd Lucy, so that it didn't make sense anymore.

If your goal is to become S-Class, KO'ing your own partner is the worst thing to do.

1. Put Lucy, my partner in the test, to sleep and leave her to be killed
2. ???
3. Become S-Class!

Mashima didn't even try to explain it. It's nonsense.

Also, that card thing seems like he just made it up because he changed his mind. Kana could not have gotten back in time to save Lucy anyway, and even if she could have made it back she might have failed to save her if the opponent was strong.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 23:54   Link #5148
larethian

Mashima's not known for tight plots. Lisanna's resurrection was pretty random to me, and now this!?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 07:05   Link #5149
ShiroiRyu

Lisanna résurrection ?
No, no ... She was always alive.
It's why it's so good.
But, i'm not objective ... XD
Because i love Natsu X Lisanna pairing.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:40   Link #5150
blewin

but Lisanna came back and did absolutely nothing!
and she didn't even make it past several pages in her fight against the villains (actually, please refresh my memory, I don't remember whether she even had a proper fight!).

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 16:57   Link #5151
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
but Lisanna came back and did absolutely nothing!
and she didn't even make it past several pages in her fight against the villains (actually, please refresh my memory, I don't remember whether she even had a proper fight!).
You're right and I doubt she'll have one yet considering she's up against Rustyrose.

Lets see... she fought the GH minions that everyone else trolled with easy in a semi-cat form then she became Azuma's tool to get Mirajane to unleash her full power. Later she whined about the lack of teamwork being done by FT members... and that's her life's story after returning to Earthland.

I wish she "stayed" dead (yes, I know she was never really dead but you understand my meaning). Honestly, she's been useless plot wise and only served to remove one of the true good plot elements (Mirajane, Elfman and Natsu's grieving) in the story for the sake of a single happy moment. I really hope she becomes like Wendy, meaning EVENTUALLY she'll grow as a character and find meaning in the plot... Wendy took about 30 chapters to really mature but while Lisanna has been back that long she's had way less panel time... so I'll hold off any calls for her removal from the plot for being a true waste and bad writing... I hope Hiro Mashima has a plan with her.

As to Natsu being paired with anyone I way prefer NuLu. The Natsu x Lisanna was a cute back story but there's been no sings of much pairing since her return... in fact she's shown more interest in Juvia and Charlie than her supposed future husband.
Old 2011-05-02, 07:51   Link #5152
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
As to Natsu being paired with anyone I way prefer NuLu. The Natsu x Lisanna was a cute back story but there's been no sings of much pairing since her return... in fact she's shown more interest in Juvia and Charlie than her supposed future husband.
true true. Since she was the one who "proposed" it's strange not to see her get lovey dovey with Natsu. We know how "dense" Natsu can be sometimes, but seeing how young Lisana managed to twist him around her thumb, I can't see her giving up now, especially getting to reunite with him after so many years. But this is Shounen, we may never see anyone getting paired up at all.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 13:15   Link #5153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No pairs is fine, but bringing Lisanna back in such a weak manner only to have her do nothing at all is just madness. Especially now, what with Zeref and the war and everything, FT seems to be taking a linear path towards the main plot, so I don't think there will be room for a mini-arc to put any Lisanna/Natsu drama in. I guess Mashima wanted to know what troll tastes like...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 13:31   Link #5154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
so I don't think there will be room for a mini-arc to put any Lisanna/Natsu drama in.
There will plenty of that in the anime, i'm sure.
Old 2011-05-02, 15:07   Link #5155
Slayerx

Quote:
No pairs is fine, but bringing Lisanna back in such a weak manner only to have her do nothing at all is just madness.
Yes, Lisanna's resurrection is just so utterly riled with holes that it just screams of RETCON. And thus far it seems as though there was no point to it as Lisanna's character has failed to add ANYTHING to the characters or the story; hell it seems unlikely she would seeing as she is not really related to any of the major long on going storylines. Really, i can't help but think its plenty possible that mashima brought her back to life for no other reason than the fact that she became popular amongst fans. Like i said her coming back is just a complete mess of writing... even he place in this arc feels random; pairing her up with juvia felt like nothing more than a way to shoe-horn Lisanna into the arc
Old 2011-05-02, 16:06   Link #5156
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i just wonder how much of lisanna's resurrection was form mashima and how much was pressure form the editors.
Old 2011-05-03, 03:51   Link #5157
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

So, any bets on what Fairy Glitter does?
Old 2011-05-03, 05:45   Link #5158
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it will be the opposite of Fairy Law...and no, I don't mean killing your allies :P Something like protecting your friends, most common theme ever.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 13:38   Link #5159
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I think it will be the opposite of Fairy Law...
Bluenote's dialogue used the phrase "rejects the presence of all foes". So my guess is that it either nullifies the magic of everyone you consider enemies, or teleports them far away.
Old 2011-05-04, 11:33   Link #5160
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

maybe it is a mass debuff or anti-enemy aura. e.g. all enemies become crippled with 1% movement speed and magic power.

Fits what blue note said about rejecting enemy presence and fits the selective mass effect of fairy law. Also compliments fairy law in that it weakens the enemy and allows fairy law to work or to help against enemies who are able to stand against fairy law.

It also fits the whole setting up of wards that she seems to be good at.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen