AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2015-08-11, 09:27   Link #2121
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I don't think there would be much of a need to mention Sora and Matt in their profiles?
I'd say there is more need to mention that than to mention that Hikari and Kakeru are pretty popular with the opposite sex.

In any case, it's pretty suspicious that they're not saying anything about it.
Old 2015-08-11, 09:33   Link #2122
Akashin

Didn't Sora's VA say that Taiora wasn't out of the running yet, or something? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere, but I don't think I ever saw a source for it.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 09:42   Link #2123
Kazu-kun

Personally, I hope there's no Taiora. I'm more interested in seeing what happens between Taichi and the new girl. She's a qt.
Old 2015-08-11, 09:42   Link #2124
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Didn't Sora's VA say that Taiora wasn't out of the running yet, or something? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere, but I don't think I ever saw a source for it.
That seems to be a mistake, Sora's VA doesn't say this.

This is the video where seiyuus of Taichi, Yamato and Sora left messages:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sora's VA just said this: "Sora steps between Taichi and Yamato and does a lot of big sister/motherly things".
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 09:52   Link #2125
Retrorock

Quote:
Yagami Hikari:
2nd year middle school student. It's because of her cute charm, she's really popular in her brother's soccer club. She loves ice cream. Her partner is Tailmon.

Takaishi Takeru:
2nd year middle school student. Very popular among girls in school. Due to his parents divorce, he lives separately from his brother Yamato, they both get along really well. His partner is Patamon.
More Hikari and Takeru parallels, it's like they are baiting us Takari shippers and they know it. Guess they really aren't going to let them be a canon couple, the school deva and prince never gets together according to anime logic.
Retrorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 10:39   Link #2126
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
I do not think it's a overanalysis.

The situation is that they mentioned "She's Taichi's classmate", they could have mentioned if Sora is girlfriend of Yamato.

If Yamato and Sora are a couple, they do not have to hide it in the magazine (this wouldn't be a mystery, as it was shown at the end of 02).
Meh, that's not the same thing, imo. As soon as you start describing a character as "X's crush/girlfriend/boyfriend' you go down a slippery slope of defining that character by their secondary or tertiary role as someone's love interest. I actually prefer if they don't. And again, limited space: how this person is connected to the group or the MC ("classmate") or what they are like etc is more important than who she does or doesn't date, so I see why they'd go with the former. I can see how it might look a bit weird from a shipping perspective (!!), but I wouldn't read too much into it.

@GundamX: I disagree for the above reasons.
Old 2015-08-11, 11:05   Link #2127
Konja9

Quote:
Meh, that's not the same thing, imo. As soon as you start describing a character as "X's crush/girlfriend/boyfriend' you go down a slippery slope of defining that character by their secondary or tertiary role as someone's love interest. I actually prefer if they don't. And again, limited space: how this person is connected to the group or the MC ("classmate") or what they are like etc is more important than who she does or doesn't date, so I see why they'd go with the former. I can see how it might look a bit weird from a shipping perspective (!!), but I wouldn't read too much into it.
I will mention that they didn't connect to each character with Taichi (MC), only Sora.

I don't think they don't put "She's Yamato's girfriend" because they don't want to define the character for romance. Also, from that perspective, Yamato and Sora will definitely not be a couple at the beginning of Tri, as that would be too defining for Sora.

Changing of theme, in the Complete Selection Digivice from the Bandai Premium Shop, voices of digimon, these are some of his phrases (I suspect some of these phrases belong to Tri):

Agumon: 太一~、おなかすいたよ~ (Taichi~, I'm hungry~)
いっしょにいたら、ボクたち無敵だろ! (If we are together, we are invincible!)

Gabumon: プチファイアー! (Petit Fire!)
どんなことがあっても、おれはヤマトといっしょだよ (No matter what happens, I'm with you Yamato)
ヤマトのハーモニカ、また聴かせてよ (I want to hear Yamato's harmonica again)

Piyomon: 空~空~ (Sora~, Sora~)
ピヨモン、空のことだ~いすき! (Piyomon lo~ves Sora!)

Tentomon: 光子郎はん (Koshiro-han)
悩み事はあったらいつでも言うやて (If there's anything that worries you, just say)

Palmon: ポイズンアイビー! (Poison Ivy!)
ミミもおしゃれだけど、あたしだってけっこういかしてるのよ (Mimi is fashion-concious, but I'm pretty stylish too)

Gomamon: 丈! (Jou!)
握手しよ!…これが手だよ (Let's shake hands! This is a hand, you know)

Patamon: タケル~ (Takeru~)
タケルね、女の子にモテモテなんだって~ (Hey Takeru, I didn't know you were popular with girls~)

Tailmon: ネコパンチ! (Neko Punch!)
こらそこっ!だらだらしない! (Hey you there! Don't be slacking!)

http://p-bandai.jp/b-boys-shop/item-1000098961/

Last edited by Konja9; 2015-08-11 at 12:37.
Old 2015-08-11, 11:45   Link #2128
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
I will mention that they didn't connect to each character with Taichi (MC), only Sora.
And I will point out that what I actually said was "connected to the group or the MC or what they are like etc".
My point still stands.

And ah~ I really want that digivice, but can't find anywhere that sells is and it's so expensive if you look it up on ebay (with the question if its even trustworthy lol)... :<
Old 2015-08-11, 12:34   Link #2129
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Top left corner blurry part is Koushirou. The kanji from his name are 光子郎, and you can clearly see the last two (子郎).

EDIT: I found Mimi's profile
https://twitter.com/harutan2424/stat...73831720431616

It does say she's living in America.
Thanks for the correction. And my bad, I was referring to another picture
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 16:20   Link #2130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Meh, that's not the same thing, imo. As soon as you start describing a character as "X's crush/girlfriend/boyfriend' you go down a slippery slope of defining that character by their secondary or tertiary role as someone's love interest.
If that was an issue for them, they wouldn't only remove that romance reference in her profile, but the whole relationship from the movie itself.

Then again, maybe they won't be dating in the movie. If that's the case the butthurt from some shippers will be glorious.
Old 2015-08-11, 19:45   Link #2131
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
If that was an issue for them, they wouldn't only remove that romance reference in her profile, but the whole relationship from the movie itself.

Then again, maybe they won't be dating in the movie. If that's the case the butthurt from some shippers will be glorious.
I didn't say this was necessarily an issue for them, this is the reason I prefer they don't. But no, having a couple appearing in the actual show is kinda different from 'well, of all the things we could mention to describe you in your profile, the only notable thing about you really is your romantic involvement with another person' ^^'

And it's also unnecessary. A mini profile isn't meant to spill all the beans, down to tiny, insignificant details. Veterans know what happens in the end, but people unfamiliar with the show need not have the intimate details and relations thrown at them in a 2-sentence introduction before they ever even watch the thing. Plus, it's not like romance was ever anywhere near to a main plot of the show. Their relationship is focused on in what, all of 5 minutes across 100 episodes? It would be weirder if they mentioned it tbh.

Honestly, to me, this says very little to nothing about what takes place in the actual movies. But that's just my opinion. If you're wearing (any kind of) shipping goggles ymmv
Old 2015-08-11, 21:25   Link #2132
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Honestly, to me, this says very little to nothing about what takes place in the actual movies. But that's just my opinion. If you're wearing (any kind of) shipping goggles ymmv
To be honest, I couldn't care less what's going on with Sora's love life. I'm shipping Taichi with the new anyway.

Quote:
well, of all the things we could mention to describe you in your profile, the only notable thing about you really is your romantic involvement with another person
Look at Hikari and Kakeru's profiles. The most notable thing they mention is how popular they are with the opposite sex. In light of that, not mentioning Sora's relationship with Yamato is suspicious no matter how you look at it.

Quote:
And it's also unnecessary.
Again, look at Hikari and Kakeru's profiles. That's unnecessary too, but they still mentioned it.
Old 2015-08-11, 22:16   Link #2133
Akashin

Quote:
Look at Hikari and Kakeru's profiles. The most notable thing they mention is how popular they are with the opposite sex. In light of that, not mentioning Sora's relationship with Yamato is suspicious no matter how you look at it.
This is the line of thought I'm not getting. Why does highlighting that Hikari and Takeru are popular make not disclosing a character's romantic interest suspicious? What does one have to do with the other, when you get down to it?

Hikari has a cute charm to her that makes her popular amongst her big brother's soccer buddies. Takeru is popular with girls. Sora is like a big sister to her friends. I'm not sure why focusing on that side of Sora instead of who she is or isn't involved with is suspicious.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:16   Link #2134
Retrorock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
This is the line of thought I'm not getting. Why does highlighting that Hikari and Takeru are popular make not disclosing a character's romantic interest suspicious? What does one have to do with the other, when you get down to it?

Hikari has a cute charm to her that makes her popular amongst her big brother's soccer buddies. Takeru is popular with girls. Sora is like a big sister to her friends. I'm not sure why focusing on that side of Sora instead of who she is or isn't involved with is suspicious.
I think they are saying that those information are less important than being the girlfriend/boyfriend of another cast member.
Retrorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 02:21   Link #2135
Idealist 99

You know , It would be cool if Tai meet the ''Architect '' of Digital World.
Like ''The Matrix'' .
After all , Angel Digimon suppose to protect some ''Divine Deity'' of Digital World , The Same Deity who rip apart Baguramon So I do believe that A being similar to The ''Architect'' (The Matrix) might exist in Digital world!
May be , Alphamon is working for him.
Tai will finally meet him a special chamber where he will take a form of a High-school boy and ask Tai to make a choice.

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2015-08-12 at 02:41.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 03:41   Link #2136
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
You know , It would be cool if Tai meet the ''Architect '' of Digital World.
Like ''The Matrix'' .
After all , Angel Digimon suppose to protect some ''Divine Deity'' of Digital World , The Same Deity who rip apart Baguramon So I do believe that A being similar to The ''Architect'' (The Matrix) might exist in Digital world!
May be , Alphamon is working for him.
Tai will finally meet him a special chamber where he will take a form of a High-school boy and ask Tai to make a choice.
Will he choose love just like Neo?
Old 2015-08-12, 04:23   Link #2137
Galaxian

Quote:
Will he choose love just like Neo?
Well, Love certainly didn't choose him.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 09:38   Link #2138
Konja9

Quote:
I didn't say this was necessarily an issue for them, this is the reason I prefer they don't. But no, having a couple appearing in the actual show is kinda different from 'well, of all the things we could mention to describe you in your profile, the only notable thing about you really is your romantic involvement with another person' ^^'

And it's also unnecessary. A mini profile isn't meant to spill all the beans, down to tiny, insignificant details. Veterans know what happens in the end, but people unfamiliar with the show need not have the intimate details and relations thrown at them in a 2-sentence introduction before they ever even watch the thing. Plus, it's not like romance was ever anywhere near to a main plot of the show. Their relationship is focused on in what, all of 5 minutes across 100 episodes? It would be weirder if they mentioned it tbh.

In my case, I haven't said this for the shipping.

I just find suspect that they have ignored the situation. This makes me think that maybe Yamato and Sora aren't a couple at the beginning of Tri (they could break up between 2002 and 2005).

In fact, the reasons that you're giving could make the situation more suspicious. You're right, the romance has never been important in Adventure, then they shouldn't have problem in mentioning the relationship between Yamato and Sora. I mean, if they are still a couple at the beginning of Tri and romance do not matter, there is no reason for them not to announce in the magazine (new fans will discover this from the beginning).
Old 2015-08-12, 14:00   Link #2139
DMurphy

Quote:
I mean, if they are still a couple at the beginning of Tri and romance do not matter, there is no reason for them not to announce in the magazine (new fans will discover this from the beginning).
That's some absurd bizarro logic right there.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 14:07   Link #2140
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
That's some absurd bizarro logic right there.
Why is this absurd or bizarre?

They could have put "She's Yamato's girlfriend" (instead of "She's Taichi's classmate").

I mean if romance is totally irrelevant why they don't mention this. After all, these profiles do not have anything relevant.

Tags
digimon