AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-06, 20:17   Link #21
Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelZ28
Oro didn't exactly summon Mande either, it was Kabuto who summoned him for Oro. Still, she and not gambuta, beat Mande, and then proceded to beat Oro.
Point still stands. Without Gama Bunta, she would have lost (to Kabuto).
Quote:
But Kabuto couldn't manage to defeat Tsunade either.
If Naruto had not arrived, she would have been gutted while she was still trembling.
Quote:
You would be surprised how many rl doctors can't see blood In any case, it wasn't always like this, and she surpassed it at the end of the fight. That is why she won.
At least we hope the phobia won't be brought up later when it is convinient to the plot. Point still stands though. She's supposed to be one of the greatest fighter around, but she STILL maneges to lose because of some out of nowhere phobia handed down by the Plot Gods.

It's obvious that each time a powerful female character appears, she always runs into situations which cause her to lose, though Tsunade does seem to be breaking the trend.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 20:20   Link #22
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonik
Well we have no proof she isn't a sennin
Good point, but then we have no proof Naruto isn't either.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 20:29   Link #23
DarkAngelZ28

I agree that if Naruto had not intervened she would have been killed by Kabuto... IF an only IF we didn't know what we know in the next chapters.

Problem is she's another regen freak like Naruto, hell Oro stabbed her with his sword straight through her chest and she just closed the wound like if it didn't even happen. She even said it "she will not die in a battle...EVER".

If gambuta were not there she probably would have knocked Manda out with a big rock; If the a tree had fallen down on top of the 3 sound nins Sakura would have won; If a puppy named Sasukegay whimpered Sakura could have killed Haku and Zabuza single handed. We could play what ifs all day, I thought the point of the thread was which female won a fight ... even if she had some external help... she was the one that beat them (a big ass snake summon and Oro), not jiraya, not the slug, not gambuta.

p.s. I just went through the manga again, the fight of Tsunade vs Oro was a clean one. nobody interfered there, she beat him 1on1 (since Oro disposed of Jiraya pretty quickly)
DarkAngelZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 21:25   Link #24
Yogi

Quote:
I agree that if Naruto had not intervened she would have been killed by Kabuto... IF an only IF we didn't know what we know in the next chapters.

Problem is she's another regen freak like Naruto, hell Oro stabbed her with his sword straight through her chest and she just closed the wound like if it didn't even happen. She even said it "she will not die in a battle...EVER".
Noted. However, regeneration is a conscious act. She has to be not-huddled-in-a-corner in order to regen.

Quote:
If gambuta were not there she probably would have knocked Manda out with a big rock;
Without Gamabunta as a distraction? See below.
Quote:
We could play what ifs all day, I thought the point of the thread was which female won a fight
True. Whenever a female has fought a male, the female has lost (except Tsunade vs. Naruto and possibly Tenmari vs. Shikamaru)
Quote:
p.s. I just went through the manga again, the fight of Tsunade vs Oro was a clean one. nobody interfered there, she beat him 1on1 (since Oro disposed of Jiraya pretty quickly)
First, Manda kicks the living crap out of Katsuyu. Is about to bite its head off before Gamabunta interfered.
Then, Gamabunta fights Manda, gets in trouble.
Tsunade then uses a sneak attack on Manda. She procedes to then beat the crap out of the armless Orochimaru.

The fight was not "clean".
Old 2004-05-06, 21:30   Link #25
CommS007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
First, Manda kicks the living crap out of Katsuyu. Is about to bite its head off before Gamabunta interfered.
Tsunade then uses a sneak attack on Manda. She procedes to then beat the crap out of the armless Orochimaru.

Clean or not, there is no such thing as clean fight :3
What will be fair? No powers? Equal str and int?

And Katsuyu cannot be eaten it will pop into smaller bits and escape :3
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 21:33   Link #26
DarkAngelZ28

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
Noted. However, regeneration is a conscious act. She has to be not-huddled-in-a-corner in order to regen.

Without Gamabunta as a distraction? See below.
True. Whenever a female has fought a male, the female has lost (except Tsunade vs. Naruto and possibly Tenmari vs. Shikamaru)

My apologies, I didn't seem to express myself correctly with the "clean fight". What I meant is that after all that fight you described, Tsunade and Oro had not yet interchanged blows. It's then that Oro decides to go for an almost dead Naruto and she steps in to fight Oro. Nobody helped Tsunade during that "mini fight" with Oro. It went 1 on 1 from the moment he stabbed her with his sword to protect Naruto, till she punched him and "defeated" him. The "clean fight" comment was just for the Tsunade vs Oro; but yeah I know, he was justu-less and without hands... but that, my friend, was his own damn fault for fighting in that condition =P. Just like it's the women's fault for loosing when choosing a fight with a man or another woman that are clearly and obviouly way over their fighting potential (Kurenai vs Itachi anyone? Hinata vs Neji? Anko vs Oro? another obvious win for Oro since the only people capable of killing him are top players like Itachi, Tsunade, Jiraya, Kabuto or Naruto)

I'm pretty sure the women stand a good chance if they would match up with other people. Hinata could probably make short work of Kiba or other slow/strong type male. Ino could beat Chouji or other male genins as easy as possesing them, jumping off a cliff and returning to her body. Tsunade could beat the crap out of Kakashi if she wanted to and the list could go on.

Last edited by DarkAngelZ28; 2004-05-06 at 21:52.
DarkAngelZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 23:28   Link #27
Yogi

In any case, in the latest issues of Naruto, Shikamaru is getting his ass kicked good by a woman, so I guess this answers my question.
Old 2004-05-06, 23:41   Link #28
rorosama

Some of you are saying shika won against temari, you're in denial. If the fight continued, shikamarus ass would've been toast. Without chakra he's useless sense he's not a good hand fighter. Temari still had chakra plus she could smash his ass with her big fan. As for tsunade and kabuto, sense tsunades over her phobia, betcha she'd hand kabuto his ass on a silver platter made from his fine hair!
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 23:48   Link #29
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Kin Tsuchi, one of Zakuu's teammates was defeated soundly(ha ha ha!) by Shikamaru.

Spoiler for the manga ch 213, anime ep 82, more.
Spoiler:
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 06:29   Link #30
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I just realized Tsunade beating Oro doesn't count either ... he's in a woman's body ... damn Kishimoto is a pretty sneaky sexist.
he's not, that's another funny mistake of the anime team

Then, Tsunade vs. Naruto (and re-match), Temari vs. Shika, Tayuya vs. Shika, Kiba's mother and sister vs. several Sand nin, Tsunade vs. Oro (clean or not doesn't matter, they're ninja not little puppy), Ino vs. Sakura (no Sakura isn't a girl ) and that's it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 14:53   Link #31
avmoghe

Hmm. interesting. ya, the only one I can think of is Shikamaru deafeating Temari.. (I wont count Tsunade beating naruto lol).

That IS kinda wierd though. Kabuto beat Tsunade, one of the legendary three. That's pretty wierd.. and Kabuto is only supposed to be around Kakashi's level.. hm..

As far as the three demons fight ya... Oro's summon Manda was only beaten because the other two ganged up. One on one.. gamabunta or the slug would've gotten killed by the snake.

Snake > frog > slug by the looks of it.
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 14:57   Link #32
tektonik
I can see that speed

Kabuto took a soldier pill to increase his Taijutsu. Tsunade wasn't really beaten. She healed herself up even after being impaled later
tektonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:40   Link #33
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Temari owned Tayayu in the latest chapter so yeah, females can kickass ^^. oh yeah , Temari ownz ^^
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:59   Link #34
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
As far as the three demons fight ya... Oro's summon Manda was only beaten because the other two ganged up. One on one.. gamabunta or the slug would've gotten killed by the snake.

Snake > frog > slug by the looks of it.
Dude, demons?!?! They're faaar to weak to be called demons
Also, you forgot to end the... ehm... thing. It's like this:
Snake > Frog > Slug > Snake. That way it's a circle. The Slug (Katsuyu, or whatever) is supposedly stronger than the Snake (Manda). I suppose this has something to do with Katsuyu being able to become small slugs, making it impossible for Manda to actually kill.. it? Gamabunta, on the other hand, can just flame it to death, something impossible to do against Manda. They're still not useless against the stronger one though.
Old 2004-05-07, 16:11   Link #35
avmoghe

... demons.. monsters.. whatever.. haha.. dunno what one would call them.

dunno where you got the thing about the slug being stronger than the snake, but as someone mentioned above, Manda was about to bite its head off... I'll read the chapter again tho.. will be back later
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 16:20   Link #36
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
dunno where you got the thing about the slug being stronger than the snake, but as someone mentioned above, Manda was about to bite its head off... I'll read the chapter again tho.. will be back later
I think it's a Japanese myth or something like that. It doesn't say so in the manga. I think Kishimoto has mentioned it in some of his interviews.
Old 2004-05-07, 16:22   Link #37
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Slug > Snake > Frog > Slug > Snake > Frog etc etc...
Old 2004-05-07, 16:33   Link #38
Stickels
Just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Some of you are saying shika won against temari, you're in denial. If the fight continued, shikamarus ass would've been toast. Without chakra he's useless sense he's not a good hand fighter. Temari still had chakra plus she could smash his ass with her big fan.
no

Shikamaru said right when the fight was over that he had thought of over 200 ways to win, but as he was out of chakra and could not manage another match after this one he would just quit now. He mentioned that his shadow bind wassn't going to last much longer, but he NEVER said that he didn't have enough chakra left to finish Temari, quite the opposite.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 16:53   Link #39
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
Shikamaru said right when the fight was over that he had thought of over 200 ways to win, but as he was out of chakra and could not manage another match after this one he would just quit now. He mentioned that his shadow bind wassn't going to last much longer, but he NEVER said that he didn't have enough chakra left to finish Temari, quite the opposite.
He had thought up over 200 ways to catch Temari, as if she should happen to escape the first 199, these are not moves for kicking her ass after he caught her.
Also, when his shadow bind doesn't last much longer it means he has no more chakra to convert into shadow bind (at least that's what he says everytime he struggles with his bad stamina). So he would have lost to Temari.
Old 2004-05-07, 16:56   Link #40
Stickels
Just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
He had thought up over 200 ways to catch Temari, as if she should escape the first 199. When his shadow bind doesn't last much longer it means he has no more chakra to turn into shadow bind (at least that's what he says everytime he struggles with his bad stamina). So he would have lost against Temari.
He said right there while he was holding her that he could beat her in over 200 ways right there. Doing so would leave him completely out of chakra however and he wouldn't be able to fight again, so he just quit because continuing would be pointless.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote