AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 281 74.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 17.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 377. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-03, 20:23   Link #81
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
A.F.K. and Eclipse have spoiled me so badly. I hope the A.F.K. Haruhi team shows up in this thread and takes a well-deserved bow. They have been as amazing as the show.
Agreed. Checking the release dates on the series page, the only other time A.F.K. deviated from releasing on Tuesday was episode 2, which was also on that week's Monday. Other times, like Haruhi's hairstyle, regular as clockwork.

It's impressive. They deserve as many kudos and Internets as they get.

Thank you, A.F.K. Thank you all so very much.
Old 2006-07-03, 20:32   Link #82
The Sphinx

And the two episodes they released early are rather difficult to sub. Episode 2 was the first to show the OP so it had to be translated and typeset. Episode 14 had the longer-than-normal run time (because of the lack of OP and ED), and also the challenge of making Yuki's typed messages legible in English without obscuring the Japanese (masterfully done).
Old 2006-07-03, 20:52   Link #83
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
The translation was amazing. I knew the gist from the novel translations but it really set the bar for anime fan-subs for me. I am so spoiled right now ^^;;; Thank you again everyone involved in a.f.k.
Old 2006-07-03, 20:53   Link #84
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Perfect ending. Absolutely freaking perfect ending. Good God this was a wonderful series. I couldn't have asked for a better ending in fact.

Perfect 10/10.

Kyon x Haruhi forever!
Old 2006-07-03, 21:04   Link #85
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here's a question I've always wanted to ask:
Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-03, 21:16   Link #86
Seyluun

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-03, 21:22   Link #87
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
Ahhh ^^ so that's why they did it far away
Old 2006-07-03, 21:40   Link #88
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I have to give this episode a 9. Very well done. The only real complaint I have is Kyon mentioning he was going to tell Haruhi about aliens, espers, and time travellers, but we never get to see that conversation. I was looking foward to that... Apart from that, I can't really see any flaws.

Now that the series is over, I think it's safe to say KyoAni has done it again. I just hope their next project can live up to the standards they've set with AIR, FMP, and now Suzumiya Haruhi. Bring on the Kanon remake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kerina
It's weird but I'm noticing that in this episode

Spoiler:
For disturbing family relations from time travel, little can top Futurama with:
Spoiler for just in case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
Spoiler:
We don't see their reactions, but Haruhi had her hair done up in a ponytail the next day, which would hint that she didn't find it completely unpleasent.
Old 2006-07-03, 21:46   Link #89
ApathyEcstasy

i love it....what an awesome finale....but damn..with only 1/8th of the material used up (and more to be released as long as new novels will still be written and released)...there's no way they can stop there! for the love of God, and by God, i mean Suzumiya Haruhi, they HAVE to cover ALL the novel material that exists now, and will exist in the future, in anime format....THEY HAVE TO!
Old 2006-07-03, 21:48   Link #90
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

About my question:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
i love it....what an awesome finale....but damn..with only 1/8th of the material used up (and more to be released as long as new novels will still be written and released)...there's no way they can stop there! for the love of God, and by God, i mean Suzumiya Haruhi, they HAVE to cover ALL the novel material that exists now, and will exist in the future, in anime format....THEY HAVE TO!
Actually 14 episodes is around 1/4 of 8 novels. We should still be able to expect at least 2 seasons if kyoani wants to continue.

Old 2006-07-03, 21:51   Link #91
Boxy-
Haruhi-ist

I'm totally in awe of this series, its been magnificent from conception to closure. I'm truely sad to see it finish, as i would have to rate it in my top 3 of all time if not my favourite of all time.

I would like to thank a.f.k for the abosolutely superb work they did with the fansubbing.

10/10 for the final episode, music was especially top knotch. Had many scenes that made me laugh out loud, and every part was packed with something funny/cute or introversely touching.

Just amazing...
Old 2006-07-03, 21:51   Link #92
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Absolute perfect 10. I actually feel upset and sad that it's finished, while feeling very very satisfied with the awesome last episode and the series in general. I haven't felt like this after a series finished in a long long time

Here's hoping and praying for a season 2.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:06   Link #93
Anime Online

I had been reading the novels lately and I wasn't sure how KyoAni would visualize and animate some parts of the novel chapter, but KyoAni pulled through. Well-done!

I hope there'll be a season two after Kanon.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:11   Link #94
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Alright, lets back the holy crap train up for a minute. I need to change my vote from a 10 to a 12. The dialogue changed the entire experience(only got to see the fansub a few min ago). It completely changed the dynamic for this episode. While I could easily tell what was going on for the most part in the raw, knowing the exact dialogue(and seeing what was on the computer screen) really blew me away. Everyone had awsome lines which topped everything else in the series imo. Also, watching it the second time made the awsome music stand out more.

Spoiler for Ponytail:

Haruhi was a little too enthusiastic about getting chased by a giant, but that was to be expected.

I must say, the jumbled episode order really worked out. I can't really have imagined a better way to end the series. And somehow after seeing this episode I don't feel that the show needs a sequel. It would be nice, but this final ep really wrapped things up even though it takes place towards the beginning of the storyline.

Now I have to go watch the entire series in chronological order because knowing what I know now really changes the outlook of previous episodes and explains certain little hints and such that had been shown throughout the series. It also completely changes the perspective of Kyon and Haruhi's relationship. KyoAni really knew what they were doing. If things had been done chronologically certain moments would have seemed rushed and others would have felt like filler. This way everything fits perfectly. And unlike most shows where knowing the ending sort of lessens the experience of rewatching previous episodes, the major plot point occurs relatively early on(chronologically) and serves to enhance everything else.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:16   Link #95
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Now I have to go watch the entire series in chronological order because knowing what I know now really changes the outlook of previous episodes and explains certain little hints and such that had been shown throughout the series.
Yeah, me too. Little things like Mikuru telling Kyon not to be nice to her in the baseball ep, which finally makes sense after watching this ep
Old 2006-07-03, 22:23   Link #96
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Of course Haruhi is happy to be chased by a giant lol, this world is created exactly the way she wanted, meaning a perfect world for her. To be alone with the person she loves, escaping from danger, not knowing what the future holds.

And I shouldn't have posted my question in the middle of the 'holy crap train(lol nice way to put things, Prodigious)'.

I repeat the updated version of my question:

Kyon forcing his kiss to Haruhi seems like it on the outside. But why did he do it? He was forced into doing this, you can say Haruhi forced him to kiss her.

Is this the reason why this dimension is created? To get a kiss from Kyon?

Snow White and Sleeping Beauty was poisoned/under a spell, that can only be cured by a kiss.

Did Haruhi cast this spell to get a kiss?

If Kyon forced a kiss, or was forced to give a kiss, is he really not happy and reluctant to kiss Haruhi?

Did Haruhi really wanted a kiss from Kyon, or did she not?

Old 2006-07-03, 22:34   Link #97
Anime Online

The jumbled order of the anime heightens the impact of the story elements. It's like putting the puzzle pieces together and going "ooooh!" when you get the fuller picture.

Indeed, if episode14 were shown first, the impact of Mikuru going "If you are nice to me, it'll happen again" during episode 4 would not be as great.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:40   Link #98
LCeh

Actually, C.A., I think the better question is, why did the kiss get them back to the old world? Why did Haruhi decide that she wants to go back to the old world again after the kiss?

I think if we know the answer to that, we might know the answer to your question as well.
Old 2006-07-03, 22:43   Link #99
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Actually, C.A., I think the better question is, why did the kiss get them back to the old world? Why did Haruhi decided that she wants to go back to the old world again after the kiss?

I think if we know the answer to that, we might know the answer to your question as well.
My question already questioned that and I answered it in my own way.

Haruhi turns herself into Snow White/ Sleeping Beauty, she wants a kiss from Kyon to wake her up from this dream.

Other versions I heard is the kiss shocked Haruhi into 'waking up', apparently the data Haruhi generated froze or something and the both of them flew back into the previous world.

I think it was discussed earlier on in the speculation thread.

Old 2006-07-03, 22:48   Link #100
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Is this the last episode?
Closed Thread