AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 23.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 17.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 16.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-19, 10:01   Link #221
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why does it feel like people have never seen a Tsundere character before?

I can put my hand in a basket and pull out an anime with the same character type as Kirino. It's nothing new and to dissect over... her intentions are extremely obvious, what's there to debate?
I agree with you. Kirino is not new, is not special even typical Tsundere.
I was irritated about Kirino manytimes ep1 to ep7.
But, now I get she is just child, she cannnot imagine people's feeling enough.
Maybe she has extreme Tsun side, so they cant feel sheis cute.
Taiga was violent too, but Toradora was setting Taiga loved Kitamura not Ryuuji at first. But Kirino has no other boy in her mind. In adition Kirino was bitch for Kuroneko in front of Ayase. for me Kirino is too selfish girl...
About Haruhi, I say nothing,because here is enough debates.

Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Few as extreme as Kirino. You can only push the tsun side so far before it stops being cute.
Kirino's Tsun side is too extreme to feel cute for me. But, recently I grow understanding her true feeling & why she acted like that....
Anyway in future ep I can feel Kirino is cute
But at least,for me Kirino is bitch in former eps.
Old 2010-11-19, 15:33   Link #222
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
EDIT: And usually there's a reason why the male lead endures it. That or he simply lacks the will to fight back. But in this case the male lead actively seeks out to her (at least since the season started). Why? Did Kyousuke do something to her in the past that he needs to make up for? Did he make a promise to a now deceased childhood friend that he would take care of her? Is he stuck in another world and is magically bound to her? Is he actually dead and needs to make her happy so he can ascend to heaven? Is he trying to break a cat god's curse? Is he a masochist that takes pleasure from all the pain and humiliation she puts him through? Did he lose a bet? Did she save his life in the past? Did she give him one of her kidneys? Is he going to get 100 million dollars after this is over? Was he raised as her aide, as in a main house/lower house kinda thing? Something. Anything. But as it stands now I don't see why he would seek reconciliation with her, or why he doesn't take offense at the way she treats him or why he values her social standing over his own. If the roles were reversed would she do the same for him?
None of the above. A new one actually. She's his sister, and he's decided he's going to see this through.
My question is, why does he need a reason? Some people just do things because they think it's the right thing to do you know.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:10   Link #223
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Kirino as you all said, is indeed a selfish girl that is getting the stress on her directed at her brother, and of course she doesn't understand people's feelings for others (even if she had Ayase, and that other girl I don't know ) or that's probably the reverse, and she does know "some" type of people's emotions in situations. But she has always been carefree to do anything she wants with no consequences because she has Kyousuke to guard her back.

Ever since Episode 3, Kirino can now rely on Kyousuke to basically do anything she wants him to do, or just ask him to do things and say it's "life counseling" as an excuse, since Kyousuke said he will help her out with "life counseling" Kirino decided to use that as her excuse. But when will this eventually pass away, and Kyousuke just doesn't care anymore of protecting Kirino from all these troubles that she gets herself into? What if Kyousuke doesn't come to Kirino's aid when she needs it? Is that what happened in the past? Where Kirino was clingy to Kyousuke like she is now, but when she actually needed him, Kyousuke wasn't there? (Probably at Manami's house? Since he does visit there alot)
Old 2010-11-19, 20:02   Link #224
kitten320

I loved the first part with Kuroneko, especially her Kirino's immitation. She could easily become an actress 0_0
Old 2010-11-19, 21:46   Link #225
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Both of them...

Kirino could represent type A otaku and Kuroneko can represent type B otaku (but I think I got these backwards...)

Somehow, the expresion on Ayase sounds like: "I wanna side with Kuroneko"

Meru Meru sounds like Nanoha befriending with a smile on her face full power throttle.
Old 2010-11-19, 21:46   Link #226
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post

Yeah, that's a problem. It's the spirit of true magical girl anime that you try and save your face-heel turn friend no matter how painful it is and never ever give up on them.
Um, no, that's not the problem. There's nothing necessarily wrong in a magical girl stopping a friend who's turned evil no matter what it takes. My problem was not that she killed her friend, it was that she killed her friend WITH A BIG SMILE ON HER FACE! Even if she's gone to the dark side, or BECAUSE she has, any character in any genre should show anger, confusion, sadness, tears flowing at the fact that they have to kill someone they love. A character should NOT be happy about killing her friend. Not to mention her battle smile is rather sadistic, as seen right before she destroys an entire metropolis.

Looking back at it, it's surprising how much they took from Nanoha. Not only did they use Tamura Yukari, and the general concept of a superpowered girl whose fights tend toward overkill, they even referenced her combat slogan, "Zenryoku zenkai".
Old 2010-11-19, 22:59   Link #227
Lunar Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why does it feel like people have never seen a Tsundere character before?
Spoiler for Other anime tsundere examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
None of the above. A new one actually. She's his sister, and he's decided he's going to see this through.
My question is, why does he need a reason? Some people just do things because they think it's the right thing to do you know.
Because of practicality? If you invest time and effort into trying to fix someone's life up and all they do is continue to screw up, learning nothing in the process, and treat you like crap on top of it all, it's hardly a healthy situation for you in the long run. At some point, it's time to cut your losses and let the ungrateful bastards drown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Um, no, that's not the problem. There's nothing necessarily wrong in a magical girl stopping a friend who's turned evil no matter what it takes. My problem was not that she killed her friend, it was that she killed her friend WITH A BIG SMILE ON HER FACE! Even if she's gone to the dark side, or BECAUSE she has, any character in any genre should show anger, confusion, sadness, tears flowing at the fact that they have to kill someone they love. A character should NOT be happy about killing her friend. Not to mention her battle smile is rather sadistic, as seen right before she destroys an entire metropolis.
Agreed about the psychopathic streak. As for stopping a friend no matter what it takes, in magical girl anime, it rarely ends with the death of said friend and, as you correctly said, certainly wouldn't be a source of glee for the protagonist.

Honestly, Stardust Witch Meruru sounds like a crappy anime.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-19 at 23:05. Reason: Please put other anime details under clearly marked spoiler tags...
Old 2010-11-21, 09:55   Link #228
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay, I'm just gonna throw these here again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I still liked Taiga because

Spoiler for Toradora!:

In contrast, Kirino doesn't actually help out Kyousuke in anyway and has a relatively normal family.
Quote:
Spoiler for Toradora comparison:
Anyway, I have to agree with Dex-Kun. I think it's clear the whole 'get run over by a car' wasn't meant to be taken seriously. She's done it before when she suggested Kyousuke crossdress. I think those that have a problem with it should consider the Doylist view (i.e It's not a good portrayal of a Tsundere), rather than the Watsonian view ( i.e. she's a psychopath that wants her brother dead).

Last edited by Haak; 2010-11-21 at 10:13.
Old 2010-11-21, 14:09   Link #229
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Am I invisible or something?
Old 2010-11-21, 20:30   Link #230
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Am I invisible or something?
I don't know... are possessed by a Loose soul? Those are known to make people invisible sometimes. We would need Elsie's Lost soul detector then to find you
Old 2010-11-22, 01:24   Link #231
Don't press enter
Seriously. Don't.

Heh, this episode...

What can I say that hasn't already been said (1st half good; 2nd half, well...)?

I did find the comments on the fanfics very amusing, however. Kirino is still in the 'blatant wish fulfillment' stage, while Kuroneko has the fault of purple prose and user unfriendliness.

Which really begs the question, did Kirino's writing skill dramatically improve sometime in the episode? Somehow, I don't think the quality of what Kuroneko described would ever be picked up by an editor.
Old 2010-11-22, 18:24   Link #232
Seitsuki
Onee!

Um, it actually was... the same story ^^;; (so people are into goth loli raep nowadays huh?.. Why am I not surprised -_- )
Old 2010-11-23, 10:13   Link #233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Um, it actually was... the same story ^^;; (so people are into goth loli raep nowadays huh?.. Why am I not surprised -_- )
Wait, what? It's the shitty phone novel she wrote that was published?

... seriously?
Old 2010-11-23, 14:43   Link #234
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait, what? It's the shitty phone novel she wrote that was published?

... seriously?
Judging from the novel and pages of it that was shown, there I am pretty sure this is something else she wrote, and not the "phone novel".

As when you look at the pages she gave Kyousuke, it didn't seem to have that ridiculous formatting that Kuroneko had mentioned, it looked somewhat normal.
MAL
Old 2010-11-24, 09:40   Link #235
y0shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Fact is Kyousuke helped Ayase too, and she even thanks him for the lie in the message she sent him.
She knows that "I love my sister" stuff was a lie and thanks him for it? When did this happen? I completly missed that o_o

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
Old 2010-11-29, 03:39   Link #236
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

4/10 , it not very consistent, story wise. Jumps from the Kirino-Kuroneko arguring than Kirino and her brother collecting info. Plus, Kirino is going abit too extreme for me, tsundere personality wise. First few episodes I can take it, but its getting worse
Old 2011-04-05, 09:47   Link #237
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan

I like to see Kuroneko and Kirino arguing.
Kirino often talks emotionally while Kuroneko's saying is full of wit.

By the way, Kyosuke's acting is very similar to one of Tomoya (came from CLANNAD)
especially when he points out wrongness of someone's behavior.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:57   Link #238
KaoruAoiShiho

Adaptation kind of ruined the Kirino's novel. This is sadly where I drop the anime.
Closed Thread