AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-27, 20:46   Link #41
Wandering Soul

While the Honjou and Teacher scenes are amusing, she is sort of putting him in a dangerous situation there. If someone sees something and reports it, then he is done for.
Old 2019-07-28, 00:21   Link #42
rladls2121

I can't believe it, after I watched episode 2.

Is it only me?
Am I the only one?
A guy with a glasses is a teacher?
I thought he was young and I never thought he was the teacher.
And this Teacher Adviser for club and the girl who changed her mind against that was a teacher?

I thought he is a student, well was a student in the past.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2019-07-28 at 00:26. Reason: No, not the bald ones.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 00:23   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
While the Honjou and Teacher scenes are amusing, she is sort of putting him in a dangerous situation there. If someone sees something and reports it, then he is done for.
Huh, I hadn't even considered that. Probably because in my experience these depictions usually end up dancing around but never actually going anywhere, I just assumed it would be the same case with Hongou and the teacher. Now that I think about I've never actually seen an Okada story with this kind of relationship. The only time I've seen her deal with a relationship with a significant age difference was Maquia and that was more of an averted trope.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 11:37   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hongou's definitely being completely selfish and not thinking about the consequences. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure what the teacher told her to push her away was bullshit, he likes high school girls but he's just not dumb enough to get into a relationship with one from his school. Not that this makes what Hongou is doing right, mind you.
Old 2019-07-28, 12:19   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hongou's definitely being completely selfish and not thinking about the consequences. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure what the teacher told her to push her away was bullshit, he likes high school girls but he's just not dumb enough to get into a relationship with one from his school. Not that this makes what Hongou is doing right, mind you.
To be honest, if Milo-sensei really is having sex chats with high school girls and meeting them in real life then as far as I'm concerned Hongou is justified in doing whatever the hell she wants with him because that's just karma.

And yeah, his excuse does seem pretty suspect. Hongou specifically asks him that if he has no interest in high school girls then why did he agree to meet with her? The implication in that question is that she must have told him at some point. And his excuse was that he was convinced she was actually a middle aged man from her writing...but went to the effort to dress up and meet a middle aged man pretending to be a highschool girl? Either that dude is dumb as bricks or he's bullshitting for sure. Or maybe gay...

The problem is, this whole incident has still never been explained well and I doubt it will be because I'm pretty sure Okada just intended to write it as a wacky way for them to have an encounter without considering the logical ramifications. Okada likely wrote for Hongou to ask him that question to give Milo-sensei a chance to explain his innocence to the viewers, and Okada likely wrote for Milo-sensei to give that bullshit excuse for Hongou's writing being like a middle-aged man, because it tied into the theme of Hongou's story of improving her writing through experience.

In a way this is kinda similar to the most recent episode of Mix with that male teacher having no logical reason for being where he was and the keys he was searching for having no logical reason for being in a swimming pool, but the story wanted to portray Otomi as exceptionally good so damn the logic. I'm 99% confident we weren't supposed to interpret that male teacher as perverted despite the logical implications, the same way I'm 99% confident Milo-sensei is actually totally innocent. We're just not mean to think about it too hard. XP
Old 2019-08-02, 17:09   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So far the only girl on the right track is Sonezaki. If her boyfriend pays for her meal on their date, she'll be golden.

The other girls have various issues, ranging from rather trivial to serious. Niina's backstory reminded me of that Slam Duck x Ro-kyu-bu parody, where the coach told his guys who were getting aroused that a true lolicon's job is to observe and protect from the shadow.
Old 2019-08-04, 08:44   Link #47
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wow this show is great. K-on is one of my favourites but since then I've avoided shows with all female casts (because none seem interesting/can live up to k-on).

This one is so quirky and charming yet heartfelt.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 08:54   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well shit...

Forget what I said about Milo-sensei and the whole unintended implications thing. This is approaching some dark territory here...

Kazusa and Izumi are still pinging back and forth between progression and regression.

Momoko is in a interesting conundrum where she's finding that she's not quite on the same wavelength as her love interest. It's a trivial thing but it's probably the most down to earth take on a romance in anime I've seen quite a while, let alone in the show itself. And this might be my own interpretation but I'm guessing the fact that she's an introvert makes the whole experience even more exhausting for her.

Thank God for Sonozoki''s story. Indeed she appears to be the only bright spark in the group thus far.

Niina...is more of an enigma than I expected her to be. I'm guessing she has feelings for her teacher but doesn't know how to handle his rejection. I guess it doesn't help either that he's a fucking weirdo. I guess that explains why she's such a weirdo herself. She definitely picked the wrong guy to imprint on.
Old 2019-08-04, 17:01   Link #49
Wandering Soul

I have to wonder if Momoka's love interest is even as outgoing as he is trying to come off as being. I don't know why, but I am starting to get the impression that he is one of those guys that doesn't really know how to interact with the girl he likes, so he overcompensates and tries to act like the extroverted, confident, and really social guy he thinks most girls like.
Old 2019-08-04, 18:03   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I have to wonder if Momoka's love interest is even as outgoing as he is trying to come off as being. I don't know why, but I am starting to get the impression that he is one of those guys that doesn't really know how to interact with the girl he likes, so he overcompensates and tries to act like the extroverted, confident, and really social guy he thinks most girls like.
I think he's really just a dick who's in love with none other than himself. He seemed genuinely proud of himself for saving her a whooping 200 yen and had the gall to badmouth guys who split their bills with girls when he's no better. He also showed no interest whatsoever when she told him she didn't have a dad. Most girls would have just walked out on him.
Old 2019-08-04, 22:34   Link #51
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Sonozaki's story is probably the cutest, and more innocent one of the bunch. Hopefully things develop well for her from here on.

Niina fell in love with an old pedophile, the poor girl.

Momoka, is currently saddled with a clueless idiot.

Kazusa, and Izumi are awkwardly adorable.

And Hongo ended up with a perverted teacher...

Good luck girls.
Old 2019-08-06, 02:04   Link #52
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wow that creepy fuck....

That "too old" joke became anime.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-11, 08:00   Link #53
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Evil Niina vs Dark Kazusa. Lol.

I guess I can't blame Niina for messing with Kazusa so it's pretty amusing to watch this really. First time I've ever seen a misunderstanding trope used that way. Kazusa really is frustrating to watch but I get that's intentional and I get her neurotic insecurities given my own experience in life so I sympathise a lot with her too (though I never compared my boobs with anybody). And I have to say the neuroticism is as amusing as ever.
Old 2019-08-11, 12:18   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found the episode rather boring. I really wish they had used the "show, don't tell" rule for Niina's boobs
Old 2019-08-11, 12:28   Link #55
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I don't hope for any real development for most of the lines here but I wish Rika's storiline will not end with a breakup.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-11, 17:41   Link #56
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found the episode rather boring. I really wish they had used the "show, don't tell" rule for Niina's boobs
Y0u joke, but it is pretty hard to see why the others are so jealous when all their figures look pretty much the same. Hell, Momoka looked more stacked.
Old 2019-08-13, 20:21   Link #57
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wat

Also, I guess that's just what anime writers do

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 15:41   Link #58
AntonKutovoi

"In this room, ten boobs are jiggling all around"

And that’s when I had to take a break from the episode, so I could stop laughing. Just... Just how this line was born? Can you even imagine a person sitting and writing a line like this?

EDIT: Finished the episode. Damn, that pedo is creepy.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2019-08-16 at 15:55.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 18:42   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post

And that’s when I had to take a break from the episode, so I could stop laughing. Just... Just how this line was born? Can you even imagine a person sitting and writing a line like this?

When I reached this part, I thought "yep, that's Mari Okada". This show has plenty of odd lines but this one takes the cake.

And the ending. NTR incoming. To think that just one episode ago, Niina was mad because Kazusa didn't trust her. Well, she was right not to.
Old 2019-08-16, 22:20   Link #60
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post

Considering that this is Mari Okada we're talking about, I can't say I'm that surprised by it.

That instructor just ended up increasing his creepiness factor.

Hope Sonezaki doesn't ruin her relationship with that nice guy by barely spending time with him.

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2019-08-16 at 22:39.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love triangle, romance