AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-08-31, 11:35   Link #601
Silvertail

A cover with Excel and Castor on it. That means they'll get more focus in this volume. Makes sense to me.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 04:29   Link #602
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
v13 Cover
A MILF Mother-in-Law cover? Nice

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 05:19   Link #603
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Mother in law and son in law in cover.
that certainly suggest many wrong thought
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 05:26   Link #604
Huh...?

v13 Summary
Quote:
敵対国家・九頭龍諸島連合へフリードニア王国艦隊の派遣を決定したソーマ。故国を救うべく身を捧げた九頭龍 諸島の姫シャボンを味方に付けたソーマは、彼女の手引きで王国艦隊の到着前に島へと潜入する。
――目下の問題は諸島連合艦隊よりも、近海に出没する謎の巨大生物。
そう睨んだソーマは敵国内で巨大不明生物の情報収集にあたる。かくして判明したその実体は常識を逸脱した怪 物で……!? 敵国艦隊と巨大生物、迫る二つの脅威にソーマが講じた策略とは!?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 01:40   Link #605
Royalknightftw

I truly enjoyed vol 11 and 12. Somehow the side chars arc are getting a lot better, either that or because i prefer the side chars that have gotten more focus lately than previous ones. Mio and Colbert relationship is sooo fucking hilarious. The main plot has finally picked up, and more capable people are joining his cause like Isiha being officially his retainer, and Mio as military officer. Both have incredible talent in their perspective area, and totally useful. Since Aisa wont be put in front line due to her status, Mio will be a perfect candidate to replace her position. Kinda hoping that he will strike a deal with Zem to trade earth dragons with something, since Tomoe can pretty much tame them and foods aint a problem, so they will be highly useful for cavalries.

For Nine headed dragon Archipelago conflict, i think the reason why the Archipelago started illegal fishing was indeed due to Yamato no Oroci as someone has mentioned here, and another one is due to his dealing with the empire which i habe wondering what it is. It looks like that the princess there will be Soumas next wife and the Archipelago will be united or made into vassal for Friedonian. Nice, more conquering, Souma ))
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 02:33   Link #606
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
For Nine headed dragon Archipelago conflict, i think the reason why the Archipelago started illegal fishing was indeed due to Yamato no Oroci as someone has mentioned here, and another one is due to his dealing with the empire which i habe wondering what it is. It looks like that the princess there will be Soumas next wife and the Archipelago will be united or made into vassal for Friedonian. Nice, more conquering, Souma ))
A member on the Discord Server for this Series (Discord link on the Wikia), has posted Summaries and Information regarding all the stuff that happen in the Web Novel, including this Archipelago Arc. If you are interested, you can join and check those summary (the Channel has spoiler tag, so you would have to ask for the role, as self-assign role haven't been implemented there).

Edit: Colour Illustration from LN v13,

Last edited by Huh...?; 2020-09-10 at 05:37.
Old 2020-09-10, 06:37   Link #607
Royalknightftw

Judging from v13 illustration. RIP my hope for the princess as next Haremmete (
Old 2020-09-10, 08:25   Link #608
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Judging from v13 illustration. RIP my hope for the princess as next Haremmete (

Spoiler for .:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 08:54   Link #609
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Spoiler for .:
True, thou i wonder what the implication will be after the war. One of the reasons why uniting Amidonia was easy is due to Roroas marriage to Souma. I guess unification of the Archipelago kingdom to Friedonian will be quite unlikely. So, the most likely options now are either Vassal state or Military Alliance like Commonwealth Systems . Oh well maybe the most promising candidates for Soumas Harem are Maria and that Saint Lunarian girl, and maybe yeah from Demonkin.
Old 2020-09-10, 08:57   Link #610
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
True, thou i wonder what the implication will be after the war. One of the reasons why uniting Amidonia was easy is due to Roroas marriage to Souma. I guess unification of the Archipelago kingdom to Friedonian will be quite unlikely. So, the most likely options now are either Vassal state or Military Alliance like Commonwealth Systems . Oh well maybe the most promising candidates for Soumas Harem are Maria and that Saint Lunarian girl, and maybe yeah from Demonkin.

Oh, forgot about Maria. There was one little seed planted where she made him promise her a favor in the future, but we're never told what.
Old 2020-09-11, 00:01   Link #611
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Spoiler for .:
Nah not fixed yet, there's still hope that Empress Maria will join.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2020-09-11, 04:08   Link #612
Drachenblut

Well, he can have 8 wives. I believe maria is a given and another one will be from the demon country but I don't know who would be the 8.
Drachenblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 04:55   Link #613
jagt

That there's a maximum it doesn't mean that it has to be reached, he being allowed until 8 wives, if there are proper reasons for those marriages, it doesn't mean that he has to get three more wives no matter what. It's better to not think too hard about a woman being part of the harem or not every time a new female character appears, even more if you're going to be disappointed after she doesn't become a harem member, something like that really looks like some kind of selftorture for me.
Old 2020-09-11, 09:05   Link #614
Drachenblut

Personally, I don't care at all. But I do believe that the author will add 3 more wives.
Drachenblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 10:42   Link #615
Huh...?

Well, Juno is almost a certain candidate, either for a Official Wife, or maybe a Mistress (since she has pretty good relationship with all of Kazuya's current wives, plus also has a feelings for Kazuya, though in her case it was mainly towards the user of Little Musashibo).

Liscia only said that she would allow 8 Official Wives for Kazuya. Didn't say anything about a Mistress, even though she did mentioned before that her father probably never had a Bastard/Illegitimate Child (aka., a child from a non-official relationship, aka., a Mistress, which means that the notion exists in that world).

As for Maria, while she is a probable candidate, it would completely depend on the whole political front of the world as presented by the Author. If needed it is possible for Maria to marry someone else as well, if it turns out to be beneficial for her Empire.
We don't really know whether the Author would eventually plan to make Kazuya the Ruler of the whole of Landia or not. And if it doesn't, then combining Friedonia with Gran Chaos would make it too powerful balance-wise, unless Gran Chaos falls and ceases to exists.

Old 2020-09-11, 11:11   Link #616
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Well, Juno is almost a certain candidate, either for a Official Wife, or maybe a Mistress (since she has pretty good relationship with all of Kazuya's current wives, plus also has a feelings for Kazuya, though in her case it was mainly towards the user of Little Musashibo).

Liscia only said that she would allow 8 Official Wives for Kazuya. Didn't say anything about a Mistress, even though she did mentioned before that her father probably never had a Bastard/Illegitimate Child (aka., a child from a non-official relationship, aka., a Mistress, which means that the notion exists in that world).

As for Maria, while she is a probable candidate, it would completely depend on the whole political front of the world as presented by the Author. If needed it is possible for Maria to marry someone else as well, if it turns out to be beneficial for her Empire.
We don't really know whether the Author would eventually plan to make Kazuya the Ruler of the whole of Landia or not. And if it doesn't, then combining Friedonia with Gran Chaos would make it too powerful balance-wise, unless Gran Chaos falls and ceases to exists.

Juno's already friendzoned. She sometimes dines with Kazuya and the wives.
Old 2020-09-11, 16:48   Link #617
Snowbold

Quote:

Quote:
Juno's already friendzoned. She sometimes dines with Kazuya and the wives.
I agree that these are the two most likely, but I don't think they are going to happen anytime soon. Juno's status and the friendly-focus will slow that down but I don't think it will stop it from developing unless the author forgets about her.

As for Maria, its like 'Huh...?' said, the political balance of the continent is already affected by their relationship. There are several countries on the continent, however there are only several world powers and a rising one.
  • Gran Chaos Empire - the largest territorial holding of humanoids by a single government and leader of the pact for human alliance.
  • Freidonia (ugh what a terrible name) - the second most powerful nation on the continent and a rising power with growing influence over the Union of Eastern Nations, the Republic of Turgis and soon to be the Nine-Headed Dragon Archipelago.
  • Demons - Invaded the north and hold a massive territory and displaced populations. They have also beat back attempts by humans to retake the territory.
  • Dragons - The Star Dragon Mountain Range and the Nothung Dragon Knights may not hold a massive territory, but their power is undeniable, hence why they didn't fall to the Gran Chaos Empire before the Demons nor since.
  • Rising - Fuuga Haan - Fuuga Haan has the ambition and martial power to prove himself. He is determined to make his mark on the world. At present that is by invading demon lands, but he already expressed to Souma that he would eliminate the Eastern Nations and do away with political marriages once he has the strength. Souma recognizes him as a significant threat in the future. Lunaria may also turn to him since Maria and Souma have rejected them.

So this brings us to how could Souma and Maria marry?
  • If the demons invade, who knows what will fall first. Both nations could lose significant territory. Furthermore, if Fuuga succeeds in conquering the Eastern Nations and unifying them and adds successful expansion into the Demon lands, he will be a major player. Fuuga will inevitably become an enemy to Souma and Maria as he wants to be superior to them. The only way he could actually do that is to take from them.
  • Another possibility is something mentioned earlier in the novels, but in reverse. Maria had proposed trading her sister for Souma, so that Jeanne could marry Hakuya and Souma would join the Empire as consort to the Empress. If peace is achieved or certain situations, the reverse could happen and Maria could be traded for Hakuya. Its as unlikely now as it was then, but not impossible during a world war between them and the demons or Fuuga, or both.
  • On top of all of this is the danger Lunaria presents. They have radicalized as they have failed to corrupt the rising world leaders and now desperately seek a new symbol and might too eagerly seek out Fuuga, who would overthrow them once he has what he wants from them.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 19:59   Link #618
KasumiZX

I heard that Kazuya and Roroa have a child together
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 22:06   Link #619
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
I agree that these are the two most likely, but I don't think they are going to happen anytime soon. Juno's status and the friendly-focus will slow that down but I don't think it will stop it from developing unless the author forgets about her.

As for Maria, its like 'Huh...?' said, the political balance of the continent is already affected by their relationship. There are several countries on the continent, however there are only several world powers and a rising one.
  • Gran Chaos Empire - the largest territorial holding of humanoids by a single government and leader of the pact for human alliance.
  • Freidonia (ugh what a terrible name) - the second most powerful nation on the continent and a rising power with growing influence over the Union of Eastern Nations, the Republic of Turgis and soon to be the Nine-Headed Dragon Archipelago.
  • Demons - Invaded the north and hold a massive territory and displaced populations. They have also beat back attempts by humans to retake the territory.
  • Dragons - The Star Dragon Mountain Range and the Nothung Dragon Knights may not hold a massive territory, but their power is undeniable, hence why they didn't fall to the Gran Chaos Empire before the Demons nor since.
  • Rising - Fuuga Haan - Fuuga Haan has the ambition and martial power to prove himself. He is determined to make his mark on the world. At present that is by invading demon lands, but he already expressed to Souma that he would eliminate the Eastern Nations and do away with political marriages once he has the strength. Souma recognizes him as a significant threat in the future. Lunaria may also turn to him since Maria and Souma have rejected them.

So this brings us to how could Souma and Maria marry?
  • If the demons invade, who knows what will fall first. Both nations could lose significant territory. Furthermore, if Fuuga succeeds in conquering the Eastern Nations and unifying them and adds successful expansion into the Demon lands, he will be a major player. Fuuga will inevitably become an enemy to Souma and Maria as he wants to be superior to them. The only way he could actually do that is to take from them.
  • Another possibility is something mentioned earlier in the novels, but in reverse. Maria had proposed trading her sister for Souma, so that Jeanne could marry Hakuya and Souma would join the Empire as consort to the Empress. If peace is achieved or certain situations, the reverse could happen and Maria could be traded for Hakuya. Its as unlikely now as it was then, but not impossible during a world war between them and the demons or Fuuga, or both.
  • On top of all of this is the danger Lunaria presents. They have radicalized as they have failed to corrupt the rising world leaders and now desperately seek a new symbol and might too eagerly seek out Fuuga, who would overthrow them once he has what he wants from them.
Or something happens in the Gran Chaos Empire that result in Maria and Jeanne fleeing to Friedonia for safety. The Author already laid out a possible scenario of the Empire fracturing in the early Volumes

Old 2020-09-12, 02:37   Link #620
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Or something happens in the Gran Chaos Empire that result in Maria and Jeanne fleeing to Friedonia for safety. The Author already laid out a possible scenario of the Empire fracturing in the early Volumes
Right, the three most likely scenarios I consider on this are:
  • Lunarian insurrection - Lunaria has already made clear they wish to dethrone Maria.
  • Fuuga Haan - Fuuga Haan clearly wants his own empire. This may intersect with Lunaria if they become subservient to him.
  • Demon Invasion - The Empire has a long border with the Demon Lands so it is reasonable to assume they will be attacked if the Demons go on the offensive again.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, nation building, politics, true harem