AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-11-15, 11:11   Link #941
BobJosh

I said it before, I will say it again, the start was promising, but this turned into another garbage harem... unfortunate
Old 2020-11-15, 11:22   Link #942
KasumiZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
2days-old, yes, indeed.
More like a year old
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 11:50   Link #943
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJosh View Post
I said it before, I will say it again, the start was promising, but this turned into another garbage harem... unfortunate
It never really turned into harem though.
Old 2020-11-15, 12:58   Link #944
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiZX View Post
More like a year old
That's the manga. We're talking about the novel here.
Old 2020-12-01, 10:03   Link #945
Huh...?

Does anyone have the Drama CD (from LN v12 Special Edition), wanted some info regarding it, like the Total duration of the Drama CD, and how long each segment is, and whether there are more unnamed character VA's other than the mentioned five.

Working on a Wikia for this series currently since didn't find one yet (not sure if a Wikia for this series existed before, or whether it got shutdown, or closed by its owner).

Edit: Also would be helpful if some help me out with LN v13 illustrations.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2020-12-01 at 15:29.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-02, 15:56   Link #946
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Does anyone have the Drama CD (from LN v12 Special Edition), wanted some info regarding it, like the Total duration of the Drama CD, and how long each segment is, and whether there are more unnamed character VA's other than the mentioned five.
Track 1, 20:03 min
Track 2, 20:10 min
Track 3, 09:24 min Just an audio commentary from the Seiyuu
Old 2020-12-04, 07:15   Link #947
Huh...?

@PROzess: Thanks for the Info.

Old 2020-12-06, 18:14   Link #948
Disdanny
Izanagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
That's the manga. We're talking about the novel here.
Lol I remember you you were translating manga years ago. Anyway the LN for this going well? Mc has a new harem going on right?
Disdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-06, 18:43   Link #949
Tenzen12

He accepted one political marriage recently and given how much he hates it, it's unlikely there will be any other.

His future second wife is currently on way to other continent.
Old 2020-12-09, 03:33   Link #950
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He accepted one political marriage recently and given how much he hates it, it's unlikely there will be any other.

If you accept "one", you would have to accept "more", that's the rule of Harem series.
MC had already accepted his position as a Royalty mentally, so he knows that he would have to give-up on his anti multi-partner mentality as well, since personal emotions are secondary in front of the Kingdom.

And don't forget that MC has to accept a Wife from the Twin Kingdoms now, considering Capua did break a clauses of the Secret Agreement, now that Freya has married MC. And its either gonna be Bona or Lucrezia most likely, but there is slight minor chance for Margarita as well (Aura would probably prefer Bona though, since she brings more to the table than Lucrezia, considering Bona is an Enchanter herself and has a meek and serious personality, unlike Lucrezia who is a non-Enchanter, somewhat cunning and currently at a lower position than Bona).

Also, i think there might also be a possibility of MC having the bloodline of the Gillbelle Family.
Mainly because when they were talking about the Princess of Sharou who ran away with the Prince of Capua, they mention that she was a Lonely Princess. And as far as we know about the Sharou and Gillbelle Family, the only people who are forced to live a lonely life are those who had inherited the bloodline magic from both the families, like Francesco (not to forget the possibility that even if that Princess wasn't a two bloodline magic holder herself, she probably did carry the genes for it, like all the other members of the Twin Kingdoms Royalty).

If that turns out to be true, then MC would even have to accept a wife from Gillbelle Family as well.

Last edited by Huh...?; 2020-12-09 at 03:49.
Old 2020-12-09, 05:24   Link #951
Tenzen12

This is series with harem (if two women even count) not harem series. You are right that he given up on his anti-multi partner mentality tjough... by marrying Freya. And that's how far he can go. It's not impossible there will be another partner, but as I said it's highly unlikely. Especially as Aura too have limits how much she is willing take adventage of his kindness.

As for Twin Kingdom, they obviously will want marry someone to Zenjiro, they always wanted, but they lack any leverage. That's why they trying indirect approach instead straight down blackmail like Freya (to whom he clarified it's only political to him and that he consider Aura as his only wife).
Old 2020-12-09, 06:54   Link #952
Huh...?

We aren't really sure how the Author plans to take it in the future, so we have to wait and see (like the Author seems to have already changed a few things in the LN like making Lucinda marry Pujol, while in the WN she was a concubine candidate for Zenjiro, based on the JP Wikipedia page for this series). But from the flow of the story until now, its likely that Zenjiro would have to marry a few more women.

As for the Twin Kingdom, i am not sure about the blackmailing Freya part (since translations didn't reach that part, and have to wait until official translation catches up in like 2-3 years), but they do have a leverage against Zenjiro and Aura now, because of them breaking one of the clause of the Secret Agreement.
And because of that, even Aura won't be able to easily stop them, especially considering that Aura (as the Queen) does want to establish a separate Court Noble family without territory (not a branch family) who would focus on the use of Enchantment Magic in the Capua Kingdom (LN v06 fan-translation). Well, she could use the Glass Orbs (which are in production) as leverage to stop the Sharou family from targeting Zenjiro, but then again they might instead try to force more once they learn that Capua family can produce Clear Orbs.

Well, while Aura did say that she would considering Zenjiro's feelings first in any situation and would avoid forcing him too much, but something's even she can't avoid, especially if its beneficial for her Kingdom, and Zenjiro knows this already and have somewhat accepted it as well (and by now Aura had already taken advantage of Zenjiro's kindness too much to matter anymore whether she does more or not).

Old 2020-12-09, 07:56   Link #953
Tenzen12

Transportation did covered that part, that's only reason why Zenjiro was willing accept Freya as consort.

Going by flow of story there shouldn't be any similar case to Freya for next few years in universe and lot of stuff can change in meantime. Aura not just can easily stop, as long as actively pressure Zenjiro into accepting someone, nothing will happen, especially as Sharrow family is basically dependent on Capuas new glass production. Jibell in other hand has basically no political power outside of kingdom.

Also argument "she already took adventage of him enough so she can as well keep going" doesn't make any sense. Anyone who think so is on best way to get divorce papers. People have limits what they can take. Keep do as you please and they will eventually snap. That is exactly what was Aura warned about and Zenjiro indeed got dangerously close to snapping.
Old 2021-08-16, 01:38   Link #954
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

...along with Zenjirou. So that he can ask for her hand in marriage. And at the same time scout out the situation in the North. Volume 13 ends with their marriage ceremony.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 03:28   Link #955
Tenzen12

No? They pretty explicitly parted ways. She went back for parents approve marriage and establish trade route from there too sure, but Zenjirou stayed. Maybe there was another trip later, but that's not one I was talking about.
Old 2021-08-24, 03:27   Link #956
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
No? They pretty explicitly parted ways. She went back for parents approve marriage and establish trade route from there too sure, but Zenjirou stayed. Maybe there was another trip later, but that's not one I was talking about.

???Where are you getting your info from?

I'm reading directly from the light novels.

Freya made only one trip to her homeland, and yes as you said, it's to seek approval for the trade relation and her marriage. Aura told Zenjirou to follow; one, to scope out the state of the northern lands and two, since he's marrying Freya, it's a good idea to go there and snapshot the location so that later it's convenient for him to teleport back and forth. (as well as convenience for their trade relationship)

The king (Freya's father) and her brothers are a muscle headed bunch so even if they like the proposal for the trade relation, they don't like a weakling like Zenjirou marrying Freya. He had to go through a 'proof of adulthood' ritual to prove himself. He succeeds by using his wits and at the end they hold a marriage ceremony at Freya's homeland. At some points, Freya's brothers secretly learned that it was Freya that threw herself at Zenjirou, proposing marriage, not the other way around. If they had known, they would have gratefully welcomed Zenjirou for kindly accepting her instead of being rude to him. (of course, Zenjirou is also more or less aware of this method, but the fact he went through with their ritual shows his kindness and consideration for Freya).
Volume 13 ends with Zenjirou and Freya teleporting back home. Freya gets her own room in the inner palace. The final scene is the two at night talking (I guess first night as a married couple) then ends with a hug (and obviously hinting at more).

By the way, the 3rd wife candidate that someone mentioned, Lucrezia, also went along on the ship. Zenjirou and her got close enough that he started calling her Lucy. There's nothing there yet, of course (she's still loli-bait), but she joined them because she's working hard to appeal to Zenjirou.

Aura had a frank talk with Lucrezia where Lucrezia frankly asked her what would it take for her to become his 3rd wife, and Aura told her the conditions.

As to why the Twin Kingdoms are trying so hard to be close with the kingdom of capua, they fear the power of the northern kingdoms plus the Church (also something something about the legend of the fallen White Kingdom, I forgot) there and would like to ally with Capua and their marble producing capability to make a strong Southern front to be able to oppose any potential threat from the North. Zenjirou, returning from the North, has seen that one of the countries there is very advanced and has things like glass windows and gunpowder and crude guns.
So one can see how weak Capua is compared to the North and The Twin Kingdoms are and why Aura can't rule out any marriage alliances that can protect her country.

Last edited by LKK; 2021-08-24 at 10:52. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit button instead.
Old 2021-08-24, 12:03   Link #957
Tenzen12

What are you talking about? They parted with words,"I and her Majesty Aura will wait for your return" which in politic speach meant "I accept this whole marriage thing, but Aura will be always n.1 so you better not be in our way"

Then Zenjirou went into Twin kingdom, got involved in their succession fight and invented text messaging.
Old 2021-08-24, 15:38   Link #958
Huh...?

Quote:
What are you talking about? They parted with words,"I and her Majesty Aura will wait for your return" which in politic speach meant "I accept this whole marriage thing, but Aura will be always n.1 so you better not be in our way"
I think you are reading into that line a bit too much, even the Author clarifies immediately on what he was referring to.

The Fan translation (from v08) was more like,
Quote:
“Yes. That’s the plan. But, at any rate I have to persuade my father and my elder brother at home, and then I want to 『Return』 to this country.
Your Majesty, would you please welcome me at that time?” (Freya)

Upon Princess Freya’s question, Zenjirou’s expression tightens. Of course that question isn’t to be taken literally.
Gaining the permission of her father and brother ─ the king and crown prince in her own country and returning to Carpa Kingdom can’t imply anything but her officially becoming Zenjirou’s concubine.
Asking Zenjirou “Would you welcome me?”, she is almost explicitly asking him.
For Zenjirou it’s a question that he is hard pressed to answer.
If Zenjirou is going to refuse Princess Freya becoming his concubine, this might really be the very last opportunity to do so.
If he gives a positive reply here, he won’t be able to back out anymore.
(Be that as it may, after all there’s no way that I can crush the trade between continents out of selfishness.) (Zenjirou)
This late in the game, there aren’t many options left to pick for Zenjirou. Zenjirou’s understanding, logical thinking and character would never allow him to refuse now.

“Of course, Your Highness. I shall wait together with Her Majesty Aura for Your Highness’ swift return.” (Zenjirou)

Those words, clearly stated with a smile, cannot be taken back any longer. They’re a declaration that he will accept Princess Freya as concubine.
Intentionally adding “with Her Majesty Aura” to that is Zenjirou’s small personal resistance, his slight warning.
A reminder that, “My legal wife is only Queen Aura. I will welcome you so long as my relationship with Queen Aura is harmonious.”

Princess Freya has probably resolved herself to that.
Of course, it’s impossible for her to stay calm when the partner she has confessed to tells her that “There’s a woman I prefer over you”, but Princess Freya isn’t such a thoughtless woman that she would allow even the slightest trace of that to show on her face in this place.

“Yes! I will return to you, Your Majesty, without fail.” (Freya)
Rather than asking her to not be in their way, it was more like, telling that Aura is primary focus for Zenjirou, and Freya has to accept that fact, and as long as she doesn't bother with that, Zenjirou is willing to accept her as the 2nd Wife and treat her well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
By the way, the 3rd wife candidate that someone mentioned, Lucrezia, also went along on the ship. Zenjirou and her got close enough that he started calling her Lucy. There's nothing there yet, of course (she's still loli-bait), but she joined them because she's working hard to appeal to Zenjirou.

Aura had a frank talk with Lucrezia where Lucrezia frankly asked her what would it take for her to become his 3rd wife, and Aura told her the conditions.
Is she really the 3rd Candidate?
Truthfully, i don't really like her that much, because of her underhanded way on trying to denounce others so that she gets her way (though it didn't work with Zenjirou, because what she was noting as negatives for others, were actually positives for Zenjirou).

Old 2021-08-24, 15:58   Link #959
Tenzen12

Aside of choice of words I don't think there is difference in meaning. Eitherway thank you for providing actual quote, which resolved whether he stayed behind or went with Freya.

Also I doubt Lucrezia is third candidate... or candidate of any number on that matter. She doesn't have enough political backing and only way to became Zenjirou concubine is make it matter of national prosperity/security with no alternative or escape route. Basically she doesn't have enough muscle to coerce him into it.
Old 2021-08-24, 22:46   Link #960
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post

Is she really the 3rd Candidate?
Truthfully, i don't really like her that much, because of her underhanded way on trying to denounce others so that she gets her way (though it didn't work with Zenjirou, because what she was noting as negatives for others, were actually positives for Zenjirou).

It's not official, more like self-declared; it's something she set her mind on so that she can rejoin the ranks of the Twin Kingdom royalty.
She and Princess Bona are just the 'possible 3rd one' in Aura's mind.

Agreed on her. Many of the girls pushed on him by the Earls from the Twin Kingdom, like her, are just aiming to make use of Zenjirou. At least Freya recognizes and likes Zenjirou's sharp mind and his modern thinking.

I guess the author presents Lucrezia as very young and naive but straightforward? There's a few extra scenes where she acts her age with her attendant and complains about other girls getting ahead of her.

Quote:

Then Zenjirou went into Twin kingdom, got involved in their succession fight and invented text messaging.

*sigh* You're relying on translation from vol 8, like I've said, I've read all the way to vol 13.

You can believe whatever you want, I don't care, lol.

------------
I'll just leave some pics here for people midly interested in this novel and like me in the past, comes back from time to time to see if there's any updates:

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported