AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 05:32   Link #16901
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Posted a scene unrelated to Athena a few pages back, not sure if anyone noticed.

Then again, I added a few stuffs:

Spoiler for Scene:
Uh, not sure what to comment. That sounds like something came of futuristic Sci Fi, more than canon did, considering they scrapped space development project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Also, question:
- Is using the barrier shield for offensive purposes(ala, pin-point barrier style) plausible?
I f we assume we can change the shape the barrier, otherwise, no.

However, they can be used as battering Ram (if we assume defense-type unit has good shield efficiency), Houki did this against Charles later in Sacred Twins.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:32   Link #16902
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Is Arachne afraid of Chifuyu or anything?
It's not like she had a lot of screen-time, so we don't know.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:34   Link #16903
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well... so she's like shallow villain? Not much to work with then...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 05:35   Link #16904
Eratas123

@ Demi - She's Squall's GF, that's something.

@ Senpai - You know Eternal Darkness? It might help you with To LOVE ru Stratos.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:35   Link #16905
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: You're giving me more questions than answers with that statement @_@
Old 2012-01-07, 05:37   Link #16906
Eratas123

Squall's the leader of Phantom task and Arachne's her GF.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:38   Link #16907
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so... they swing that way?
Old 2012-01-07, 05:40   Link #16908
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Well, the idea is that the unit itself has no wings, but instead has hardpoints for specialized wing modules. These modules can shift between two modes: weapon and booster. These modules can be attatched to any of the specialized hardpoints and the weapon modes can be used for handheld and as a mounted weapon. Mounted weapon usage gives the weapon mode more power, but handheld would give it a better firing arc.

Can't think of an existing unit with this design. Probably because it's redundant to some extent but the options seem viable.
Err... In IS, anything with two modes technically contain fold-out technology (4th gen...)
Old 2012-01-07, 05:43   Link #16909
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - You know Eternal Darkness? It might help you with To LOVE ru Stratos.
I'll check it on interwebz, is that PS2/PS3 game?

Side note - why is that they have to drill your face and cover it in acid?

Quote:
so... they swing that way?
Yes

@ Agetreme

Yes, that was certainly my intention: turn anything into Gen-4 with a single multipurpose backpack. Of course you HAVE to program the change beforehand, those unit can't self changing like AkaTsubaki or even ByakuShiki.

Demi has said about the usefulness and potential of the concept, and prompt me to use that old ideas.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:43   Link #16910
Eratas123

Yes, they're both either lesbians or bi. This made fans think that PT was an all lesbian group before.

@ Senpai - It was released on 2002 It shows how the eldritch was being summoned as early as 20 b.c and how people across time fought, died, and sacrificed to try to stop his resurrection. A lot of them are just regular people who die because they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Side note - Actually, it's pour acid, drill holes to release pus, then three coats of acid again to seal the wounds.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:47   Link #16911
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Uh, not sure what to comment. That sounds like something came of futuristic Sci Fi, more than canon did, considering they scrapped space development project.
I'll be disregarding that part of the canon for this story.

This story will take place entirely(most probably) in outer space so the chances of the story OCs meeting up with the canon cast is most likely next to none.

The "Troicha" units that were mentioned in that scene are basically the first IS units in the world(for the story anyway) that are proven capable to operate beyond the Earth's atmosphere.

Quote:
If we assume we can change the shape the barrier, otherwise, no.

However, they can be used as battering Ram (if we assume defense-type unit has good shield efficiency), Houki did this against Charles later in Sacred Twins.
So it is plausible, cool.

Since the IS is able to concentrate their barrier on a particular point for greater defense power, what I have in mind is that the pilot channels the barrier to the front side of it's fist as it delivers a punch. (ala Daedalus attack, only the barrier doesn't cover the whole arm, just the forearm part.)
Old 2012-01-07, 05:48   Link #16912
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Yes, they're both either lesbians or bi. This made fans think that PT was an all lesbian group before.
"Oh man, that's just... that's gross!"
- Brian "Ratchet" Mclurg after chainsawing a person in half.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 05:50   Link #16913
Eratas123

@ Jak - Actually, it's more complicated than that. They existed as far as World War 2 and have a council group for planning and an operative group for attacks/operations.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:50   Link #16914
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@agetreme: I once said before that my AE was superior to IS in some ways. One of those reasons is because the AE contains multi-mode integrated weaponry.

Fold out armor was already theoretical at that point. Difference is only that Tabane was able to make a relatively usable version of it. Back to me and Zero's conversation, the major problem with such a system is structural soundness, which is probably the only thing that's keeping it theoretical and not being tried for application yet. Another reason probably again, is the redundancy of such a system.

The idea of fold out armor and this wing module system is for mid-combat adaptation. However the greatest problem at that point was probably that the countries barely had IS grade weapons(white knight had particle cannons, most other IS have solid state weaponry and ballistics. Go figure.) to begin with.

1st gen: completion of IS
2nd gen: weaponization of IS
3rd gen: creation of one-off abilities AKA unique one of a kind arsenals
4th gen: adaptive capability

Sorry for the long post, but just that is my understanding.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:51   Link #16915
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Just like people in TvTropes.

Quote:
@ Senpai - It was released on 2002 It shows how the eldritch was being summoned as early as 20 b.c and how people across time fought, died, and sacrificed to try to stop his resurrection. A lot of them are just regular people who die because they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I'll try to get a download/ROM then. Still that's way to dark.

Quote:
Side note - Actually, it's pour acid, drill holes to release pus, then three coats of acid again to seal the wounds.
Now I understand why.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:52   Link #16916
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'll check it on interwebz, is that PS2/PS3 game?

Side note - why is that they have to drill your face and cover it in acid?

Yes

@ Agetreme

Yes, that was certainly my intention: turn anything into Gen-4 with a single multipurpose backpack. Of course you HAVE to program the change beforehand, those unit can't self changing like AkaTsubaki or even ByakuShiki.
Such backpack would take up the BUS slot.... which means less weapon for the user......
Old 2012-01-07, 05:56   Link #16917
Eratas123

@ Senpai - It's a gamecube game Better you just watch a walkthrough on youtube. By the way, it contains a cruel inversion of the Anticlimax boss trope:

One of the characters is a priest on the 1400's who realized what was happening. He goes through one of the toughest levels in the game to get to the cathedral and meets the eldritch's guardian. What happens? He gets smooshed before he can fight back (The player is the anticlimax boss)! You kill the guardian later using a journalist named peter in 1910 and actually manage to beat it without dying. The characters from the 1900's tend to survive their segments.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:58   Link #16918
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Age
That's why there's "Weapon Archive System" in my story... ByakuShiki is a testbed Platform after all. Data integration & compression is part of what's needed.

That aside, of course it would take BUS slot, but the problem is: how many? This was the problem persist in its creation, but my OC Iori Senbei has a solution for that. Remember that Char basically attached four tail booster in place of one box-shaped pack yet get additional slot anyway.

@Eras
Ugh.... I would hate to play that... this is why I always subvert Cosmic Horror and Eldritch Abomination story (humans win gloriously)
Old 2012-01-07, 06:08   Link #16919
Eratas123

@ Senpai - They actually win in the end. The main character even tells Pious an epic shut up hannibal by telling him that humans will never go down without fighting and the sacrifices of everyone to stop the eternal darkness proves that.

Side note - One chapter is a particularly cruel one:
Spoiler:

Side note 2 - In Sacred Twins, does the entire group remain as a nakama into adulthood?
Old 2012-01-07, 06:13   Link #16920
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - They actually win in the end. The main character even tells Pious an epic shut up hannibal by telling him that humans will never go down without fighting and the sacrifices of everyone to stop the eternal darkness proves that.
Hmm, that would be good. But I want every death of protagonist & anti-villain is glorious or emotional, not creepy and horrific.

Quote:
Side note - One chapter is a particularly cruel one:
Spoiler:
GAH! NO!

Quote:
Side note 2 - In Sacred Twins, does the entire group remain as a nakama into adulthood?
Yes, but they're separated by their nature being multinational team.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest