AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 16:24   Link #1661
zzhk
Summary Machine

People who are talking about fansubs should edit their posts and switch to PMs since this show is licensed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Here's something that surprised me: twintail drill blonde was actually the imouto of birdman. Eh, I guess a harem isn't a harem if there isn't an imouto in it Ah, forget it, To Love Ru's Momo is just poisoning my mind about Mikan joining Rito's harem....
Actually, the anime ruined the surprise by listing Raizer and Ravel with their last names in the credits. Ravel's last name is also revealed from Episode 2 onwards in the ED animation. Though during the ED, I guess most viewers probably have their attentions shifted away from the words on the screen...

Quote:
Yeah, me too. The tiny girl never looked happy either, ah I want to see her smile But what kind of power up should she have, hmm. I say speed would make her really awesome, Rias' gang doesn't really have a speedster, does she? Turbo powered kitty sounds like the perfect powerup
That is the Knight's role, so Kiba is already the speedster. In theory, Akeno as Queen should also have received a speed boost, but it hasn't really been emphasized.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 17:35   Link #1662
Bathara Yamadipati
Naraka's Gate Guard

Send a message via MSN to Bathara Yamadipati Send a message via Yahoo to Bathara Yamadipati
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Actually, the anime ruined the surprise by listing Raizer and Ravel with their last names in the credits. Ravel's last name is also revealed from Episode 2 onwards in the ED animation. Though during the ED, I guess most viewers probably have their attentions shifted away from the words on the screen...
actually i missed ravel from the ending altogether because of a certain someone stealing the floor...

Spoiler for she's to blame for my lack of attention:

Bathara Yamadipati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 18:17   Link #1663
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathara Yamadipati View Post
actually i missed ravel from the ending altogether because of a certain someone stealing the floor...

You can always count on the hot MILF to draw in your attention.

I don't think it was a complete spoiler since the name "Phoenix" was partially covered by Grayfia's lucious assets.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 18:39   Link #1664
Bathara Yamadipati
Naraka's Gate Guard

Send a message via MSN to Bathara Yamadipati Send a message via Yahoo to Bathara Yamadipati
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
You can always count on the hot MILF to draw in your attention.

I don't think it was a complete spoiler since the name "Phoenix" was partially covered by Grayfia's lucious assets.
I've said it once and i'll say it again. The way she moves on the floor in an inviting gesture is sexier than the whole ED combined... (for me anyway")

Bathara Yamadipati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 21:49   Link #1665
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Lock up the Retirement-Homes, it's Grandma-Season!!
*RUNS as Maid LITERALLY flares up in anger!!*
Old 2012-03-20, 22:06   Link #1666
rvlast

so the DxD special short OVA 3 minute video is up and subbed..

it's just a beach episode...

still though, that was kinda out of character for Rias... that entire beach scene I mean... WAAAAAAAAY out of character
rvlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 22:22   Link #1667
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlast View Post

BEACH?! EPISODE?!

Great news to hear it's subbed already.
Old 2012-03-20, 22:44   Link #1668
Kirihara_R

Quote:

still though, that was kinda out of character for Rias... that entire beach scene I mean... WAAAAAAAAY out of character
yeah ur right ... is that really rias? i mean for doing that in isse ?...
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:56   Link #1669
bumbayker

Quote:

I wasn't all that impressed with the OAD special either. The gratuitous fan service was nice and all. But like you said Rias and even Asia were out of character.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:08   Link #1670
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

After watching the ova I want to play Hakkan again on SSFIV
You'll get the general idea on what happen on the ova after seeing Hakkan.

Old 2012-03-21, 02:37   Link #1671
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

BDVD special #1

That disc Special 1.......

NOT ENOUGH AKENOOOOOOOOO

Whew. Had to get that off my chest. No wait.... here we go again...

NOT ENOUGH AKENO

But I see where some of you are getting at about Rias being out of character, the part about that that made me laugh was when Issei walked in when they were changing, the look on Rias' face is definitely not the look of a girl who bared all in front of the guy on a number of occasions

And like Dahak said, the special definitely could have been better. Like, I really didn't like the scene panning when the girls were changing. At least let me watch them change, where's the hurt in that.... cough other than the budget, but hey, if Akeno was going to be shafted at the beach, I would have been supremely happy to see her undress. Alas, as this series comes to a close, I may never see her undress......WAAAAAHHH it's not fair, damnit! The other girls have undressed in some way, and while we did get a scene of Akeno transforming, that was just once! ONCE! And she was transforming! Transforming and undressing are two totally different things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I never once forgot something similar to that, which imo ruined the speculating, to me anyways, and since then I told myself to not read the credits to maintain the surprise

Of course like you said there were definitely other things to look at in the ED, which blinded me without hesitation

Quote:
That is the Knight's role, so Kiba is already the speedster. In theory, Akeno as Queen should also have received a speed boost, but it hasn't really been emphasized.
In terms of it's use, since I think Kiba would rather crash swords than run around, and I'm sure Akeno is as fast as a bolt of lightning, but something similar to Phoenix's catgirls in ep 11, who were using speed to fight, I certainly would like to see a Koneko like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
but.. no special-previews? DaiMaou had them!
Yeah, a somewhat odd marketing move there. Having a preview for the next special certainly would pump up the customer to pre-order the next disc. Instead one has to have internet and a flash player just to see that preview on the website, whenever that will come up
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 03:51   Link #1672
Xaturas

BlueRay Disc subbed Ep 1 is on the "internet".
Anyone checked it and compared to Tv Version?
Whats the additional goodies/diferences?
Old 2012-03-21, 04:08   Link #1673
rvlast

although I may see Issei being a klutz like that, he's not that clumsy enough to be able to conveniently drop the lotion just like that... not gonna say anything because that would be light novel spoilers from that point, and we're never gonna get that animated unless Season 2 is out.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:14   Link #1674
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathara Yamadipati View Post

Wait that's the blonde chick next to the hot one that's catching all of my attention?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:03   Link #1675
rvlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wait that's the blonde chick next to the hot one that's catching all of my attention?
yep, that's Ravel.

so, been reading the manga of DxD and I must say, Raiser wasn't as much of a jerkass as in the anime.

I mean sure he's a jerkass still, but he's kinda tamer compared to the light novel, by a bit.

not to mention, he actually nailed down a lot of points of interest compared to the anime where he just wanted to show off and be a full-blown asshole. just like the light novel version.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:35   Link #1676
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

All hail mangatron and his new avatar!

Also here's a quick cut and paste. Poor Issie

EDIT:

EroKing's better image

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2012-03-21 at 05:53.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:38   Link #1677
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^--oh, now that you put it together, I see a full body shot of Akeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
BlueRay Disc subbed Ep 1 is on the "internet".
Anyone checked it and compared to Tv Version?
Whats the additional goodies/diferences?
Yeah, anyone know how the Disc release is? I am most particularly concerned about Rias' crotch back in ep 01, when she was undressing. I... am merely concerned from a medical standpoint, yeah, I must determine if her uh crotch is visible, if it's gone, it is a catastrophe! I must then perform surgery on her and resto- *Koneko beats the mangatron with a metal bat*

Quote:
so, been reading the manga of DxD and I must say, Raiser wasn't as much of a jerkass as in the anime.

I mean sure he's a jerkass still, but he's kinda tamer compared to the light novel, by a bit.

not to mention, he actually nailed down a lot of points of interest compared to the anime where he just wanted to show off and be a full-blown asshole. just like the light novel version.
You noticed that too, eh? I mentioned earlier he's somewhat funnier there, but in the anime we have to see a megalomaniacal Phoenix. Personally I would have preferred this series have a little comedy to it.... oh well, I guess there had to be something different between the 3 mediums.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:48   Link #1678
EroKing

Here's a much version of that courtesy of Photoshop's awesome Auto Photomerge.

Quote:
Yeah, anyone know how the Disc release is? I am most particularly concerned about Rias' crotch back in ep 01, when she was undressing. I... am merely concerned from a medical standpoint, yeah, I must determine if her uh crotch is visible, if it's gone, it is a catastrophe! I must then perform surgery on her and resto- *Koneko beats the mangatron with a metal bat*
I think I remember Rias's ass being censored by some stupid rays of light. Oh well, will get to see it soon enough
Old 2012-03-21, 05:52   Link #1679
Qikz

Just saw episode 11.

THEY LOST? AFTER ALL THAT THEY LOST?

NOOOOO!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 06:13   Link #1680
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Yeah, anyone know how the Disc release is? I am most particularly concerned about Rias' crotch back in ep 01, when she was undressing. I... am merely concerned from a medical standpoint, yeah, I must determine if her uh crotch is visible, if it's gone, it is a catastrophe!
well, from the low-res screencaps I saw, any sign of censorship is obviously gone; just to be conveniently replaced by... her hairs!

another little curiosity: Issei's *junk* seems to have magically disappeared on the BD-release.

oh, and did I mention that the BD-case back-cover is really something?
There was someone @2ch saying that they should just slap an R-18 mark on it and be done with it (or something along those lines)

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen