Old 2004-06-18, 13:02   Link #1
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Biohazard's Art~ =)

My deviantart account: http://bio2hazard.deviantart.com
Update 2:
Made another sketch. This time it turned out rather good i think
I see it as a complete piece of work and i wont CG it or add details/shade it.
Feel free to comment on it, it's located here

------

Update 1:
Made a little sketch It isnt too good with the proportion of the arms and body, but i think it looks nice ... the background is cheap but .. oh well
I think the sword holding hand and the head turned out pretty good
Katana Guy

------

Hiya seeing that alot of people have their own art tread i thought i create one for myself too =)

I'm not too good in drawing but im drawing alot latly and i think i am improving.

Aaanyways, here is my first try at a CG picture. I drew/sketched it in class, lined it ( with a black ball pen ) scanned it, cleared it up a bit, colored and shaded it... i think it isnt too bad for the first try =)

Biohazard's First CG xD

Shading is pretty tough, i just did it for my first time and i had alot of problems to 'build' the shadows in my head ... i hope its not too wrong like this

Anyways feel free to comment I want to improve... also... tips! Please give me tips on how to improve... for example, i have no clue how to color or shade a sword...

And yeah, the reason why there is no face is... i drew it very small so it was too small to add a face that is not crappy looking..

Last edited by Biohazard; 2004-06-20 at 22:22.
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 13:31   Link #2
Me|2c

Ah nice attempt for your first CGing. I would say u could try going for darker shades and highlights if you want to emulate cell-shading. For realistic lighting perhaps you could consider airbrushing soft shades of the original colour (skin-tone for example), then smudge it to blend in. It gives a really nice finish.
Me|2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 15:15   Link #3
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Hrm;

I'd try doing more realistic shading first, before Anime shading. I found it easier to start with a human first, and add, well, shades of shade, if that makes any sense. Then it's easier to go back and say "Okay, these were the basic contour lines; let's work with these, and highlight them in a bi- or tri- tonal shading scheme."

(*shrugs*) But, that's just me. And the fantastic thing with art is, you work with what's best for you, and what works for you. Keep trying! You'll get it!
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 15:30   Link #4
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken102
Hrm;

I'd try doing more realistic shading first, before Anime shading. I found it easier to start with a human first, and add, well, shades of shade, if that makes any sense. Then it's easier to go back and say "Okay, these were the basic contour lines; let's work with these, and highlight them in a bi- or tri- tonal shading scheme."

(*shrugs*) But, that's just me. And the fantastic thing with art is, you work with what's best for you, and what works for you. Keep trying! You'll get it!
I'm new to shading
I understand like 10% of what you are trying to tell me ... could you care to explain a bit more clearly? ^^;;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me|2c
Ah nice attempt for your first CGing. I would say u could try going for darker shades and highlights if you want to emulate cell-shading. For realistic lighting perhaps you could consider airbrushing soft shades of the original colour (skin-tone for example), then smudge it to blend in. It gives a really nice finish.
Cell-Shading?

I'm really new to shading =) For this char i just followed a little, well not really tutorial, its like a little guideline about how to color and shade... so yeah, i dont really know about what options i have and different ways of shading, i'm a newbie when it comes to that

Thanks alot for your comments you two
Old 2004-06-18, 17:17   Link #5
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

dont be too obsessed with shading just yet. go with the flow. practice make things perfect. look at some photograph, see how the shadow is formed or starring at your friend that's sitting under the sun would also give you an idea how the shade works. lol
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 11:58   Link #6
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Added a sketch I hope to receive feedback on it ^_^
Old 2004-06-19, 16:19   Link #7
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
Pretty good Bio. Keep on practecing.
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 16:25   Link #8
Mifuelle_Lucky

i like the guy holding the...... kanakakak no katananata there we go. And i cant CG so APPLAUDES TO YOU!!!! yay!!!!!1

WELL BYE BYE PEOPLE!

EDITITIED
i forgot something :fingers:
Mifuelle_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 16:51   Link #9
Shuin
FireflyBomber

Good job dude just keep on practicing! see ya! (the CG is pretty cool other than he has NO FACE) AAAHHH! a face stealer
Shuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 22:23   Link #10
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Thank you for your comments I will keep it up and practice hard, and hopefully i will improve... since i have alot of fun drawing.

I added a new work http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8271650/