AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-24, 05:34   Link #141
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It should be on the bulletin board in Episode 14.

Don't worry, it should also show up later...
Old 2009-01-24, 09:45   Link #142
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I didn't see the picture beneath the Taiga x Kitamura picture.
Was it really shown at all in the anime? If it's not shown in the anime, please don't tell me what it is.
The picture is in the anime, pay attention when the girls are talking about the pic with Taiga and Kitamura, one of them talked briefly about the photo beneath that, in anime you can see a second photo but not what is in it. In that instant Amin picks the booklet and she closed it.

it's a real fast scene, but i strongly advice to see it several times, because of the comming events. pay attention to the booklet and Amin's face after she told that to Minori, dont read the subs, just see the animation.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:04   Link #143
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
The picture is in the anime, pay attention when the girls are talking about the pic with Taiga and Kitamura, one of them talked briefly about the photo beneath that, in anime you can see a second photo but not what is in it. In that instant Amin picks the booklet and she closed it.
Sorry, I made the wrong choice of words in asking. I already know that there is a second picture.

My question should have been "if the image on the second picture was shown" instead of "was it really shown at all in the anime". The part of your post that I put in bold is what I wanted to know and now I know that the image on the second picture wasn't really shown on the episode.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-01-24 at 10:30.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:08   Link #144
Fran~
floating away...

ahh, sorry...
No, the second image is not showed in this episode (it was showed before), but it should also show up in the coming episodes... (i DO hope that )
Old 2009-01-26, 04:39   Link #145
wistfulloner

Minori is really in a spot of trouble, no matter what her next step is. If she chooses to accept Ryuji's feelings for her, she is depriving Taiga of someone who could care for her. If she decides to leave him for Taiga, it will cause Ryuji some hurt, because he is ignorant of Taiga's growing affection for him and is still smitten with Minori. Either way, someone stands to lose, big or small.
Old 2009-01-26, 07:12   Link #146
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Even if he's hurt, I can't see Ryuji falling into an emotional crisis (like Kitamura's). I think he's strong enough to be rejected and that, imo, he has proven to be like that. She should be more worried about Taiga I think.
Old 2009-01-26, 22:59   Link #147
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Furthermore, Minori could have misheard, and thought the girls were refering to Ryuji who Taiga really liked, since they didn't mention Kitamura at all.

Ami, being the queen of empathy, quickly picked this up and although she knew it was completely false, she suggested to Minori not to feel guilty about getting near Ryuji anymore. Ami quickly regretted it later because she realized her lie could do a lot of damage.
When you look at the context of the scene, it really does seem that Minori is mishearing the entire conversation:

Minori is walking away from the group of girls, then one of the girls asks, "Whats wrong?" At this point, Minori's back is turned and she cannot see what the girls are holding in their hands. One of the other girls then says, "I found a student ID while cleaning up just now," and then "It seems it belongs to Taiga." After this comment, Minori turns around, and then Ami says "Then give it to Takasu" and "Wait, he'd be busy with the teachers." The girls then open the ID and discover the picture between Taiga and Kitamura, but the ambiguous part here is whether or not Minori can actually see that the picture is of Taiga and Kitamura, rather than Taiga and Ryuuji. I'm inclined to think she is assuming that it's a picture of Taiga and Ryuuji, given that Takasu's name was mentioned previously. Furthermore, when one of the girls say "She really does love him," Minori would automatically assume that they are referring to her notion that Taiga loves Ryuuji, thus the reason for her sudden depressed sigh. But then there's this mysterious "second" image that was underneath the one described, so maybe I'm reading this all wrong.

Honestly, I'm having trouble reading this whole situation completely, but I guess it's probably meant to be ambiguous.
Old 2009-01-27, 06:56   Link #148
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't see any ambiguity, here.
Taiga just displayed a very strong set of feelings toward Kitamura. Really, it's kinda hard to think Minorin would have thought the girls were talking about Taiga loving Ryuji and not him.

Even stranger is that some people actually thought Minorin (or Ami, for that matter) liked Kitamura. Now, that's something that would be totally unexpected...

Old 2009-01-27, 07:05   Link #149
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Even stranger is that some people actually thought Minorin (or Ami, for that matter) liked Kitamura. Now, that's something that would be totally unexpected...
Strange indeed, I haven't noticed any clue whatsoever that Minori likes Kitamura (romantically) in the anime.
Old 2009-01-27, 07:39   Link #150
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Strange indeed, I haven't noticed any clue whatsoever that Minori likes Kitamura (romantically) in the anime.
But it certainly would make things much easier... or more difficult? - guess it depends from where you're looking at it.
Old 2009-01-27, 08:17   Link #151
wistfulloner

My money is on being difficult. I can imagine Ryuji getting ultra annoyed if Kitamura were to steal Minori.

"I DID SO MUCH FOR YOU WITH YOUR TROUBLES WITH SUMIRE AND NOW YOU TAKE MINORI FROM ME"
Old 2009-01-27, 08:22   Link #152
Tri-ring

Quote:
My money is on being difficult. I can imagine Ryuji getting ultra annoyed if Kitamura were to steal Minori.

"I DID SO MUCH FOR YOU WITH YOUR TROUBLES WITH SUMIRE AND NOW YOU TAKE MINORI FROM ME"
I think that is out of Ryuji's character.

It'll be funny though, Ryuji and Taiga having a heartbreak dinner or something together.
Old 2009-01-27, 08:29   Link #153
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Spoiler for Minorin's true love:
Old 2009-01-27, 09:03   Link #154
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I don't think anyone was really considering it, just imagining and making fun of this image

another thing @SageGaiGar: I can't stop wondering whether your avatar shows someone with an open shirt or a man's right arm strangling him

Last edited by Waven; 2009-01-27 at 09:14.
Old 2009-01-27, 10:14   Link #155
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I don't see any ambiguity, here.
Taiga just displayed a very strong set of feelings toward Kitamura. Really, it's kinda hard to think Minorin would have thought the girls were talking about Taiga loving Ryuji and not him.
Yup... if the girls noticed that Taiga obvioulsy loves Kitamura, it would be so silly that Minori think in Taiga AND Ryuuji, it has no sense at all.... in the books this was so crystal clear, so i think that it's a fact that Minori understood that Taiga loves Kitamura, Amin also keep the plot of the novel by saying that to Minori...

This episode is the same as the novel.

Quote:
I second that.
Old 2009-01-27, 11:34   Link #156
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Minori likes Ryuuji, and thought that Ryuuji and Taiga was in a budding relationship, so she felt guilty for having feelings for Ryuuji, but when the pictures were discovered revealing that Taiga likes Kitamura, Ami said what she said. Now there shouldn't be a reason for guilt and to hold back.
Old 2009-01-27, 12:01   Link #157
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Now there shouldn't be a reason for guilt and to hold back.
Women's minds are complicated... Amin broke so badly Minori's mind with her words...

Ah... there is Amin also...

Oh my... oh my... i can smell the storm ahead...
Old 2009-01-27, 12:15   Link #158
wistfulloner

When was the picture shown to Minori which suggested Kitamura was the one Taiga liked? I thought at the end of Ep16 Minori already had the impression Taiga had feelings for Ryuji? This is reason enough for her to hold back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
another thing @SageGaiGar: I can't stop wondering whether your avatar shows someone with an open shirt or a man's right arm strangling him
Now that you mention it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
It'll be funny though, Ryuji and Taiga having a heartbreak dinner or something together.
It'd be like the restaurant scene in Ep2
Old 2009-01-27, 15:44   Link #159
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
When was the picture shown to Minori which suggested Kitamura was the one Taiga liked? I thought at the end of Ep16 Minori already had the impression Taiga had feelings for Ryuji? This is reason enough for her to hold back.

Now that you mention it...

It'd be like the restaurant scene in Ep2
Where did you get that from? The picture belonged to Taiga not Kitamura. She was holding back because she thought it was Ryuuji, Taiga liked. Now that its known that Taiga likes Kitamura, Minori has no reason to hold back anymore.
Old 2009-01-27, 17:46   Link #160
Tatakae

Quote:
I actually though this was the case until the episodes around the culture festival where I realized they're just good friends. I got the vibe that both would be already a lover couple because they happen to have the same crazy behavior (see episode 9 at the train station for example, or the whole story about the ghost incident) and that it'd be a perfect situation, plotwise speaking, for Ryûji and Taiga to realize their "first crush" is out of reach and move on to become a real couple.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, drama