AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 09:37   Link #1361
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally listened to Requiem by Nao Hiiragi. My God it's hauntingly beautiful and sad.
Old 2012-07-26, 17:54   Link #1362
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Finally listened to Requiem by Nao Hiiragi. My God it's hauntingly beautiful and sad.
Do you know the best thing about this song? Listening to it doesn't make me feel bad
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 02:34   Link #1363
Marik

I love this song and the first time when I heard it in episode 8.
For a second I just remembered Chihiro & Renji from Ef Tale of Memories.
I like the anime overall. The ending was like a roller coaster, but that's okay
Since the beginning of the series I was wondering what would be the best ending taking into consideration the ending of anime like Ef Tale of Memories, AnoHana and etc
Marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 20:25   Link #1364
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
Requiem is a very good song, i'm already replay it almost 10x

it's reminding me of Yuuko, i'll try to watch again the last ep to enjoy the last scene
Old 2012-07-27, 20:57   Link #1365
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
Requiem is a very good song, i'm already replay it almost 10x

it's reminding me of Yuuko, i'll try to watch again the last ep to enjoy the last scene
I've been having that song playing all day for a week now xD
Makes it a bitch to read sad stories...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 07:01   Link #1366
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Ha.. Got this anime on my backlog, and decided to watch it today and ended up marathoned all the 12 episode in one day.

God, talk about mood swing....

Anyway, the first half of this show is kind of weak for me, and then the second half come and i can't stop watching it. Episode 10 was painful to watch, sucks to be teiichi having to relive all of yuuko bad memories, Episode 11 was building up for a bittersweet end with Yuuko seems to be slowly disappearing.

And then the last episode, the freaking last episode. I thought I was prepared, steeled my mind and accepting yuuko's fate. But oh god, when requiem start, when yuuko can't speak anymore and she wrote down all of those words.. that hits me really hard and that was the worst cry i have ever hard, i was literally bawling and snorting myself out, yes it was that bad.

Then comes the epilogue, there was this sort of mixed feeling i had, happy that teiichi and yuuko get their somewhat happy end, but also i felt i had just been sucker punched.. i mean after that beautifully executed sad parting scene (one of the best ever) then in another 2 or 3 minute i get the revelation that everything is fine?

Anyway 8.5/10 i have rewatched the parting scene over and over, its just that beautiful.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:03   Link #1367
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Then comes the epilogue, there was this sort of mixed feeling i had, happy that teiichi and yuuko get their somewhat happy end, but also i felt i had just been sucker punched.. i mean after that beautifully executed sad parting scene (one of the best ever) then in another 2 or 3 minute i get the revelation that everything is fine?
Granted that it's fiction, but imagine how Teiichi must have felt. (Certainly elated, but I have to imagine it'll dawn on him at some point: what the heck did you put me through all that for?! Then again, this is Yuuko, so he should be used to it by now.)

I think it was interesting to watch the various reactions here and elsewhere on the Internet. Personally speaking, I didn't feel "cheated" by the ending, because my emotional investment in the earlier scenes wasn't negated by the way it ended (and I can still rewatch those earlier scenes knowing what's going to happen, and not feel cheated). But, in general, I'm the sort of person for whom even a "bad ending" (not that this was, IMO) doesn't "ruin the show" (I think it's more about the journey than the destination). Of course I understand that some feel strongly the other way, while others (like yourself, perhaps) are somewhere in the middle. I don't know exactly what that preference says about us, but like I said, I do think it's interesting.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:39   Link #1368
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Granted that it's fiction, but imagine how Teiichi must have felt. (Certainly elated, but I have to imagine it'll dawn on him at some point: what the heck did you put me through all that for?! Then again, this is Yuuko, so he should be used to it by now.)

I think it was interesting to watch the various reactions here and elsewhere on the Internet. Personally speaking, I didn't feel "cheated" by the ending, because my emotional investment in the earlier scenes wasn't negated by the way it ended (and I can still rewatch those earlier scenes knowing what's going to happen, and not feel cheated). But, in general, I'm the sort of person for whom even a "bad ending" (not that this was, IMO) doesn't "ruin the show" (I think it's more about the journey than the destination). Of course I understand that some feel strongly the other way, while others (like yourself, perhaps) are somewhere in the middle. I don't know exactly what that preference says about us, but like I said, I do think it's interesting.
Ha yea, i imagine if there is a continuation of this, teiichi will most likely be pissed for a moment after sudden joy of seeing yuuko, i mean you literally bawled your eyes out, locked all memories of her deep inside your heart and prepared to move on and then bam "tee hee its me, i am back" poor guy

I dug up some archives, browsed other anime forums and also re-read all the comments in animesuki just to see what others thought of the ending as well, seems like i am in the minority. I mean i still loved the ending, but it come with a mixed bag of feeling that feel.. weird , i am not exactly hell bent on hating the ending because of how cheap/forced the happy end is, but still, all that moment all that sad parting scenes that they portray, all kinda went down the drain in the last 2-3 minutes of the last episode, and i am not really sure how to react at that point, sure i am happy but you know.. i am still emotionally wrecked after that requiem scene
Old 2012-08-04, 20:18   Link #1369
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
... i am not exactly hell bent on hating the ending because of how cheap/forced the happy end is, but still, all that moment all that sad parting scenes that they portray, all kinda went down the drain in the last 2-3 minutes of the last episode, and i am not really sure how to react at that point, sure i am happy but you know.. i am still emotionally wrecked after that requiem scene
Yeah, I think it's an interesting contradiction. The whole point of the ending is "a happy surprise". They did leave some hints earlier in the episode (that if he kept staying by her side she may not be able to let go), but I think the reunion is supposed to be more powerful because of the strength of the disappearance. But, by the same token, it does render the disappearance a bit pointless in the grand scheme of things... so yeah, anyway, your conflicted feeling is understandable!
Old 2012-08-11, 13:19   Link #1370
Dorsai

Just finished it, one of the best manga adaptation i watched in last few years... I started to read Tasogare when there was maybe 2,3 chapters translated into english, about 2 years ago... Just one chapter was enough for me to be captivated by this series... And anime not disappoint me too... In the middle there was some minor changes from manga that i not liked and some i liked... But last episodes and ending show that people from Silver Link are really creative and understand Maybe feelings inside his manga... I understand why he was so happy after watched it...

What left is wait for Ova and finish story in manga

And one last thing, really great opening and ending (especially opening), im sensitive about music, because of my perfect musical ears... Thats why im good in rating songs...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2012-08-11 at 14:03.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 17:12   Link #1371
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

While watching the ending, I started persuading myself that they could make it a happy ending by maybe letting Yuuko possessing some other people (corpse). Well, that is what i could think of to comfort myself from witnessing what could be the saddest ending of a romance story. I didn't felt cheated by the ending as a happy ending is what I hoped for. A solid 8/10.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 09:01   Link #1372
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Just finished it, one of the best manga adaptation i watched in last few years... I started to read Tasogare when there was maybe 2,3 chapters translated into english, about 2 years ago... Just one chapter was enough for me to be captivated by this series... And anime not disappoint me too... In the middle there was some minor changes from manga that i not liked and some i liked... But last episodes and ending show that people from Silver Link are really creative and understand Maybe feelings inside his manga... I understand why he was so happy after watched it...

What left is wait for Ova and finish story in manga

And one last thing, really great opening and ending (especially opening), im sensitive about music, because of my perfect musical ears... Thats why im good in rating songs...
Oh yes....The ED is certainly one of the best choreographed ones I've seen in a while.
Old 2012-08-15, 21:09   Link #1373
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Finished it many weeks ago and forgot about it for a while...might as well post my impression I guess.

Spoiler for TL;DR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
While watching the ending, I started persuading myself that they could make it a happy ending by maybe letting Yuuko possessing some other people (corpse). Well, that is what i could think of to comfort myself from witnessing what could be the saddest ending of a romance story. I didn't felt cheated by the ending as a happy ending is what I hoped for. A solid 8/10.
The way I see it, the sadist audience has no right no deny Teiichi happiness because Artsy Ending Must Be Sad.

So the happy ending = a rather happy Irenicus.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2012-08-15 at 21:19.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:28   Link #1374
nocTURNalx

I heard season 2 will not be out. Only if it would, i think this time yuuko san will really disappear or else the story will become dull
nocTURNalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:49   Link #1375
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocTURNalx View Post
I heard season 2 will not be out. Only if it would, i think this time yuuko san will really disappear or else the story will become dull
Eh, if there were a season 2 (which I don't think there needs to be anyway), I think Yuuko's disappearance issue is totally behind them. I think it would be more dull and even annoying if they try to retread on this territory because of what we've already been through. I think it would have to be focused on other issues, like other characters, other mysteries, and the development of Teiichi and Yuuko's on-going relationship. But it's precisely because it would change the focus of the show that I think they aren't planning on it. I'm looking forward to the Bonus Episode, but not sure that it needs that much more (even though it could be fun).
Old 2012-08-17, 02:31   Link #1376
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocTURNalx View Post
How would you even do an S2? The school mysteries and the central events to the setting are all dealt with
Old 2012-08-17, 17:38   Link #1377
jdennis007

They could do more the question is should they do more?
BTW I did see one Yuuko H doujin from comiket so far.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:10   Link #1378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
BTW I did see one Yuuko H doujin from comiket so far.
Wasn't it a crossover with Stein;Gate ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 03:22   Link #1379
XxSleepyxX
Learner

S2.. isn't possible. The anime got a unique end. The manga isn't even finished yet, but it seems its going to end soon too.
Old 2012-08-20, 20:38   Link #1380
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I can see them doing an OVA or something original with the way they ended the anime.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural