AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 07:50   Link #14581
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Ermm i really hope Index be more useful than now........poor Touma have to deal that Nun everyday
Old 2011-11-02, 09:14   Link #14582
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If I can point out all the incidents where Index became an active vital role in stopping the crisis, would you all eat cardboard in front of me ?

I don't know why people always undermine both her and Misaka's contributions, while overplaying the importance of small named side characters.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-11-02 at 09:40.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:07   Link #14583
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If I can point out all the incidents where Index became an active vital role in stopping the crisis, would you all eat cardboard in front of me ?

I don't know why people always undermine both her and Misaka's contributions, while overplaying the importance of small named side characters.
Really, I was fine with that, until I saw your avatar. Now I can't even look at this post seriously...
Old 2011-11-02, 10:10   Link #14584
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Really, I was fine with that, until I saw your avatar. Now I can't even look at this post seriously...
Don't judge me by appearance damnit !

I'm serial! SERIAL!
Old 2011-11-02, 10:17   Link #14585
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Don't judge me by appearance damnit !

I'm serial! SERIAL!
Relax, I was talking about seiyuu roles.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:24   Link #14586
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Relax, I was talking about seiyuu roles.
G-Guzen da! Guzen!
Old 2011-11-02, 11:42   Link #14587
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Replace random girl with Lessar.
You read my fanfic, didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovum View Post
Hm, she will just point out all the flaws of the big bad. Or she will do nothing and be just there to waste Toumas money.
Spell Intercept is always good for Hero moments.

Quote:

Even side characters can be Badass!

Interesting To Aru Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OATkZaoYMk

Edit: Fanfic has been updated too.

Last edited by Twi; 2011-11-02 at 15:27.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:38   Link #14588
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma
"Please let Kamijou-san take a trip into a universe filled with mystery and romance!!"
Someone needs to remind Touma he's already inside one... or at least qualifies as such. Also he needs to say sorry to every girl in his class, Index, and every single character in the series we can lump together into his harem for saying that last part...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-11-02, 20:11   Link #14589
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spell Intercept is always good for Hero moments.
Spell Intercept is an interesting concept as it's basically Weaponize Inception.

I've always wanted to try it on the Nanohaverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Someone needs to remind Touma he's already inside one... or at least qualifies as such. Also he needs to say sorry to every girl in his class, Index, and every single character in the series we can lump together into his harem for saying that last part...

Nah that's not the ultimate insult- remember in volume 12 when he said in front of Tsuchimikado and Aogami "I want an (love) encounter..." ?

Oh btw, that 'romance' probably doesn't literally mean 'romance'... Erm, it's hard to explain but English is funny that way...
Old 2011-11-02, 21:25   Link #14590
tsunade666

Quote:
I've always wanted to try it on the Nanohaverse.
But nanohaverse uses computer or technology to do their computation and rough formula. All they need to do is poor mana into the device and the device will let it rip. Unless Index can interfere with machines. I don't see it happening in nanohaverse.
Old 2011-11-02, 21:27   Link #14591
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But nanohaverse uses computer or technology to do their computation and rough formula. All they need to do is poor mana into the device and the device will let it rip. Unless Index can interfere with machines. I don't see it happening in nanohaverse.
I didn't say anything about Index, I'm talking about the concept of spell intercept.

They don't use machines for all the calculations, the human element is still required- the machines are just there to assist, otherwise mages that don't use devices can't use magic. Someone has to tell the machine what to do.

Also, the idea is to interfere with the inputs going into the equations, if you can somehow trick the system of the computer by tampering with it's data, you can achieve the some results with a machine.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:06   Link #14592
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Quote:
I didn't say anything about Index, I'm talking about the concept of spell intercept.

They don't use machines for all the calculations, the human element is still required- the machines are just there to assist, otherwise mages that don't use devices can't use magic. Someone has to tell the machine what to do.

Also, the idea is to interfere with the inputs going into the equations, if you can somehow trick the system of the computer by tampering with it's data, you can achieve the some results with a machine.
You mean like hacking, right. Instead of Spell Intercept it'd be Interpreter.

Although that gives me an Idea for my next book series...

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me_SP_Chapter2
With all the chatter about the game Patricia was playing and the fact that Mark uses the arcana tarot cards, was anyone else thinking Persona?

Last edited by Twi; 2011-11-03 at 12:19.
Old 2011-11-04, 10:00   Link #14593
zaeraal

js06 posted the summary for NT3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
>Gremlin. A global enemy force that is a fusion of magic and science.
>It seems this mysterious organization that appeared suddenly after World War 3 is working in secret in Hawaii, America's 50th state.
>Under the guidance of Leivinia, the boss of the British Golden-style magic cabal called the Dawn-Colored Sunlight, Kamijou and the others head to Hawaii.
>The group is made up of Kamijou Touma, Misaka Mikoto, Accelerator, Hamazura Shiage, Misaka Worst, and Kuroyoru Umidori.
>And just as they arrive at New Honolulu International Airport, an attack by Gremlin's magicians begins.
>Gremlin's plot is advancing below the surface. The sole man in America who has realized this searches for a means of resisting them on his own.
>He is a the kind of person that just has too much energy.
>His name is Robert Katze. Known by all, he is the President of the United States.
Old 2011-11-04, 10:14   Link #14594
Ashaman

Quote:
GREMLIN. Magic and science melded together, forming a mysterious force to be reckoned with.
[Touma] Kamijou and the others embark on a journey to the shores of Hawaii, and they immediately stumble upon a welcoming challenge upon their arrival.
However, one super important person in the battle turns out to be a complete idiot!
An earlier synopsis

President = idiot??
Old 2011-11-04, 10:45   Link #14595
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
>It seems this mysterious organization that appeared suddenly after World War 3 is working in secret in Hawaii, America's 50th state.
>Under the guidance of Leivinia, the boss of the British Golden-style magic cabal called the Dawn-Colored Sunlight, Kamijou and the others head to Hawaii.
>The group is made up of Kamijou Touma, Misaka Mikoto, Accelerator, Hamazura Shiage, Misaka Worst, and Kuroyoru Umidori.
>And just as they arrive at New Honolulu International Airport, an attack by Gremlin's magicians begins.
>Gremlin's plot is advancing below the surface. The sole man in America who has realized this searches for a means of resisting them on his own.
>His name is Robert Katze. Known by all, he is the President of the United States.
I suprised that half cyborg loli girl go also to Hawaii with others...and WOW President of United States. and he somewhat know about Magic
Old 2011-11-04, 11:24   Link #14596
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No offence to JS, but after the giant smokescreen of NT2 I'm kinda wary of summaries and synopsis

In any case, where did he get this from ?

Edit: Nvm, I found it...
Old 2011-11-04, 11:58   Link #14597
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Interesting, thanks for the summary, I was wondering when this would come out. Pretty interesting to see Umidori coming along. Also, the long awaited meeting of Misaka and Accelerator should be interesting, not to mention Misaka and Misaka Worst meeting.

I'm wondering though, Index isn't coming?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-11-04, 12:05   Link #14598
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Interesting, thanks for the summary, I was wondering when this would come out. Pretty interesting to see Umidori coming along. Also, the long awaited meeting of Misaka and Accelerator should be interesting, not to mention Misaka and Misaka Worst meeting.
Well, interesting is one way to put it- but I get the gut feeling that it's not going to be as dramatic has people had speculated all these years

Quote:
Which honestly doesn't make sense, I hope there's a good reason for this.

I mean I can understand not bring Last Order or Takitsubo, but they're going to need Index's expertise for this and not to mention it doesn't hurt to bring a third Level 5 to the party.

Hamazura can pretend it's a date.
Old 2011-11-04, 12:13   Link #14599
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Umidori, seriously?
I wonder how will get along Accelerator and Mikoto.

Quote:
That's whats have been bugging me since I read that... I hope the author isn't just randomly picking up characters and choosing the easy way.

Except for the EEUU president... New Testament synopsis have been very misleading and confusing and nowhere epic as that one from the WWIII.

Quote:
Which honestly doesn't make sense, I hope there's a good reason for this.

I mean I can understand not bring Last Order or Takitsubo, but they're going to need Index's expertise for this and not to mention it doesn't hurt to bring a third Level 5 to the party.
#3 is going.

Oh, and edit your double post.

*Tsuchimikado isn't mentioned*
Son, I'm in dissapoint.
Old 2011-11-04, 12:17   Link #14600
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Given how Kamachi has a taste for eccentric leaders (look no futher than United Kingdoms), I fully expect this President to be all manners of win.

He'll most definitely look like Harrison Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

#3 is going.
I was referring to Mugino as the third Level 5 that could have gone with them.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen