AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-20, 18:11   Link #861
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
... You can't read, can you ?

It clearly says it's NOT AS safe. Thus, it doesn't even work. What you have there is still image because it can't display it as a GIF.

Unfortunately, or to be honest in this case it's fortunately, that scene is impossible as an avatar. Too many frames. To put it to Avatar size would mean pixelated awful crap that no one wants to look at.
Old 2010-08-20, 18:12   Link #862
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Dang, I knew something was wrong it

Oh, and I should've realized AS was an abbreviation.

/Epic Fail
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 18:22   Link #863
Dist

Well, we're all fortunate that it was not AS safe, really

It was rather horrible, and definitely not fun to do that GIF.
Old 2010-08-20, 20:48   Link #864
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
From what I was able to get out of my research, I think he's from a tale called "The Mouse Bride". Basically, a mouse goes searching everywhere for someone to marry, only to realize that the best choice for them was a mouse all along.
Yeah, sounds like it. They did a nice switch though, I recall it was originally the bride looking for a strong husband. Which I think worked very well for Ookami-san, considering the reaction to the butler and his weakness exposing vendetta

Still, a cake won't satisfy me er I mean my Majo-chan! NEED MORE MAJO-CHAN!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 21:12   Link #865
Ghostfriendly

A bit suprised that Tarou-San seems to be from the Japanese story about the Turtle's kingdom. I'd had him pegged as the giggolo Prince Charming familiar to Fables readers.

Combining the Japanese story and Hare and the toroise was a very good idea though
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 04:40   Link #866
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
JC Staff always do that lesbo crap. It was one of the reason they ruined Zero No Tsukaima (novels had one yuri moment while anime made like 20 of them). I wonder if we will see a straight kiss in it or will JC Staff prove to be lesbo loving studio by the end.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 08:54   Link #867
Dist

It's not about them loving yuri, it's about the audience. They know what sell.. I guess ? Anyway i don't see why you're so pissed off, when it wasn't even part of the anime's story, but was just a '' film '' that Ringo made ... <.<
Old 2010-08-21, 09:29   Link #868
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It's not about them loving yuri, it's about the audience. They know what sell.. I guess ? Anyway i don't see why you're so pissed off, when it wasn't even part of the anime's story, but was just a '' film '' that Ringo made ... <.<
Well they surely know what to sell and I guess thats why ZnT anime, specially the last season which was stuffed with yuri fanservice, didn't sell well, right? And when you look at the novels still going strong despite taking much more straight route than the anime did. Yep, sure know what they sell.

Sometimes the fanservice works but really not always. Specially when you go overboard and doing it in a very distasteful manner.

As for me personally - I have a strong distaste to yuri fanservice (in fact I hate it quite a bit). I don't like fanservice in general but the yuri fanservice as much as yaoi (in shoujo's) do annoy me even more than usual.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-08-21 at 09:52.
Old 2010-08-21, 11:01   Link #869
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Didn't that Louise-Agnes Scene in ZnT happen in the novel too? Been a while since I visited the translation.

But yeah, J.C. tends to do things I don't like, and yet I always like the sources they pick.
I really liked the first 2 seasons of ZnT too, but that 3rd one was........ughf.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 12:13   Link #870
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Didn't that Louise-Agnes Scene in ZnT happen in the novel too? Been a while since I visited the translation.

But yeah, J.C. tends to do things I don't like, and yet I always like the sources they pick.
I really liked the first 2 seasons of ZnT too, but that 3rd one was........ughf.
Yeah, thats why I said novels had one, but all other Yuri kisses come from anime original. Novels were heavily focused on Saito and louise in fact Saito and Louise kissed around 20 times in the novels while in anime it was much smaller number (can't remember what exactly but i think 3 or 4) while all those left out scenes were replaced with Yuri kisses instead, so in the end Louise got kissed in the anime by girls more than she was by Saito (in the novels it was only agnes-louise kiss).

Yeah I too like the original sources JC Staff pick but I very rarely like how they execute them. So far I cant remember a single adaptations by them where they would not screw with the original plot. It wouldn't be so bad if original plot would be mediocre itself but usually they pick the good tittles and end up screwing up a good story, which all they needed simply to animate without changing much to get a hit.

Sometimes they get burned financially for that themselves (like with Kimikiss or arguably ZnT 3) though as a rule the tittles still get mediocre earnings though again if they had followed the original source more closely they would have better sales.

Its sad when they try to 'improve' things with fanservice and JC Staff usually tries Yuri as a fanservice, but it doesn't always work like in ZnT case.

I haven't read the Ookami novels so I do not know if Yuri scenes was in there was well, but so far from what I know about JC Staff fanservicing tendencies it may be extra touch from JC Staff that I always come to hate.
Old 2010-08-21, 14:22   Link #871
Kunagisa

The "Yuri" scene is not JC original this time.

Spoiler for size:

EDIT: put it in spoiler, didn't realize it's that big
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 14:26   Link #872
Dist

^Ha ha ha. Now I wonder what Darknemo has to say about this, seeing as he was blaming JC for the yuri scene we had ..

And to be honest, it doesn't seem to me like you hate JC Staff for putting yuri or fanservice into series, but you have something seriously against yuri itself
Old 2010-08-21, 14:47   Link #873
Midonin
Last Engage

There does seem to be some false correlation/causation going on here. While there's little doubt that source material and adaptation can have differing levels of yuri scenes, that's a bit of an arbitrary thing to use when compared to sales figures.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 19:32   Link #874
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And besides, why aren't you guys expecting that this is bound to happen given Ringo's personality? O.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 21:04   Link #875
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
The "Yuri" scene is not JC original this time.

Spoiler for size:

EDIT: put it in spoiler, didn't realize it's that big
is that Ringo in manga? why is she so small size?

btw i like the surprise kiss in the anime
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 21:34   Link #876
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
is that Ringo in manga? why is she so small size?

btw i like the surprise kiss in the anime
It's from the light novel, she isn't that small, maybe it's just the perspective.

Spoiler for pic:

Unaji is so freaking good. I actually prefer the novel art a bit more than the anime and manga.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 22:26   Link #877
ZeKeR
Superbad

i envy that damn old man
Old 2010-08-22, 03:03   Link #878
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
It's from the light novel, she isn't that small, maybe it's just the perspective.

Spoiler for pic:

Unaji is so freaking good. I actually prefer the novel art a bit more than the anime and manga.
That old man must be pretty lucky with all those girls around him
Old 2010-08-22, 04:01   Link #879
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Ha ha ha. Now I wonder what Darknemo has to say about this, seeing as he was blaming JC for the yuri scene we had ..

And to be honest, it doesn't seem to me like you hate JC Staff for putting yuri or fanservice into series, but you have something seriously against yuri itself
Well I never said that it is 100% sure that JC Staff, just that considering their tendencies it would seem likely that it comes from them, but it seems it didn't. And yeah I have against yuri fan service in general, hate it, but hate it even more when it is done distastefully like JC Staff did in the past.

Also, stuopidget, since you seem to know novels, is there a straight kiss between the main characters in the novels to wash the yuri stench away? PM me if you cannot spoil in here.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-08-22 at 04:17.
Old 2010-08-22, 04:03   Link #880
eiyuu99

He's the founder of Otogi Academy, afterall. =D
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen