AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 11:17   Link #341
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

Alrighty then....looks like i started something

And here we go with 'Sore ga, Ai Deshou'
Spoiler for for size convenience:

Peanutbutter003's find on Miyuki's 'Chijou no Hoshi'

edit: Just found Tsukasa's 'Valentine kiss'

Have loads of fun everyone!!!

Last edited by Cyber_chaotic; 2007-08-04 at 11:33.
Old 2007-08-05, 22:17   Link #342
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Cyber-san, if you look into the Music Video thread most these original videos has been posted already.

Plus, that would be the better place to post these links too...

BTW, the Valentine Kiss you've linked is a remake by a Momusu member, not the original by Kokusyo Sayuri. The original the posted below.

Here's the links to the songs:

Valentine Kiss:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=151

Uchu Tetsujin Kyodain:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=152

Kogarashi ni Dakarete:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=155

Monkey Magic:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=156

Chijou no Hoshi
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=157

Sailor Suit and Machine Gun:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=169

I'm Proud:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=177

Makenaide:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=192

I have to go back to fix a lot of the youtube links so it works for most of them now.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-06 at 00:47.
Old 2007-08-05, 23:49   Link #343
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Thanks for the video... Nice and cute ending songs and are able to see the original singer's song vs their's...

Really are cute for their way of singing it...
Old 2007-08-06, 22:25   Link #344
SatanicZero

lol looking at the real singer singing with alternate voices is even cuter and more Amusing...
Old 2007-08-07, 08:12   Link #345
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQK8gSq37ME

What in the world is... This O_O
Old 2007-08-07, 10:32   Link #346
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQK8gSq37ME

What in the world is... This O_O
It's a remix of the open from this CD: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACM-4402

Old 2007-08-08, 18:56   Link #347
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
It's a remix of the open from this CD: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACM-4402

Theres a Shiraishi remix of the opening in the CD as well...I found that track to be catchy and it was pretty good.

some of the remixes I didn't find too good though.
Old 2007-08-09, 01:33   Link #348
truehappiness

Quote:
1位 タッキ―&翼 - 14062
2位 UVERworld - 6910
3位 YUKI - 4668
4位 AKB48
5位 モーニング娘。誕生10周年記念隊
6位 らきすたRemix
7位 Every Little Thing
8位 BUCK-TICK
9位 Hey!Say!7
10位 いきものがかり
Looks like the single will sell pretty well! These are debut first day numbers, btw. They sold less than AKB48 and Morning Musume's 10th anniversary group.. although I'm sure the Lucky Star single will overtake them soon!

Every Little Thing [band in my set] debuted behind it.. D:!

Edit: Wow! The single shot up to no.5 in the dailies! I wonder if it'll surpass 20k?

UNSPEAKABLE

Last edited by truehappiness; 2007-08-09 at 05:26.
Old 2007-08-09, 13:09   Link #349
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like the remix album, but #5? Lucky Star magic? Hirano magic? Who is buying these things? Do that many otaku have that much money? Or is it reaching beyond the otaku?

The first LS character song album (Konata@Hirano Aya) will come out in just under a month, on 5 September. Here is Lantis's page for it. And here is the cover:

The karaoke ED album ended up #27 album for the month of July, with sales of about 40,000. The OP was #4 single for the month of June, with sales of 113,000 in the month.

EDIT: All four of the stars' character song albums will be coming out on the same day. Here are the other covers (I've linked them to their Lantis pages):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-09 at 23:34.
Old 2007-08-09, 22:31   Link #350
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I like the remix album, but #5? Lucky Star magic? Hirano magic? Who is buying these things? Do that many otaku have that much money? Or is it reaching beyond the otaku?
Well, if 30,000 can afford to buy the DVDs, the CD is cheap by comparison (what's another $15?). Plus, you've got people who want Lucky Star merchandise but aren't buying the DVDs too, so they may have some money to spare. So what can be said -- it's a popular show!
Old 2007-08-10, 00:42   Link #351
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I highly doubt anyone but okatu is buying it... Looks like all Akiba-kei has become L*S zombies...

Quote:
The first LS character song album (Konata@Hirano Aya) will come out in just under a month, on 5 September.
Looking at the Saturday Night Live spoof covers, I hope they're not doing Disco or ABBA-like songs?! Some to think of it actually that might be mighty interesting.

About the remix CD... I kinda like the 2nd one when they chatted, it was kinda funny and felt like the Karaoke ED vibe, but other ones are pretty bad remixes. None of them are really dance-able or club-worthy. #4 is probably my favorite, but that's not saying much... I'm kinda disappointed really. I usually like re-mixes; like I thought Ayumi's remix CDs were better than the originals, but these are just way of the top. Hence my rant..

... That the unlimited creativity in the anime world is both a blessing and a curse. The Japanese entertainment industry, dominated by the "mainstream" taste of HS girls and OLs, are most of the time conservative and fear change. They just want to sell music and TV with beautiful people to day dreaming girls. The movie industry is minimal at best, being totally overwhelmed by Hollywood. So, what's a creative person to do? They get into the anime world.

In the otaku world, the main thing is the character and the moe-ness there of - art/music/style/direction is secondary. Meaning as long as the character design and the story is what the otaku wanted, they can let their creativity flow in term of almost everything else. Anything can become OP, the director can play with camera angle all day, and the artist can put as much detail as they want into the background. Writers not wanting to be dictated by the rigid book market started writing Light Novels, and those gets integrated into the anime world later. Everything from the writer/creator/manga-ka/animator/director is a free flow of creativity, as long as the product has the otaku hook. These talents created the glory of the Japanese animation industry.

However, that also means that they can get away with TOO much. As long as it's related to a hot property, ANYTHING will sell. An album filled with songs by a little-known male Seiyuu with no real voice? No problem. A CD of some girls singing karaoke badly? Sure. An Enka CD? As long as it was in the ED, sign me up. So the artists creating these items basically are give a blank check - create whatever you want, as long as Hirano Aya is in it. This can lead to also creation of some really BAD experiments, and the Remix CD is the perfect example.

I just hope the character CD can be as good as the Haruhi Character CDs; but I have a bad feeling that they're going CRAZY yet again. Hey, see that Kona-chan on the cover? I can put a track of her "Muu~~"ing for 5 minutes and it will reach top 10 in Oricon. Gosh it must feel good to a L*S staff.
Old 2007-08-10, 05:35   Link #352
truehappiness

The remix CD maintains a high position, but drops one to no.6 with a Johnny's Jr. group overtaking their no.5 spot, Hey!Say!7.

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-10, 08:06   Link #353
cardslash02

So...when's the Shiraishi ending collection CD going on sale? Cause I thought it had already...
Old 2007-08-10, 08:28   Link #354
truehappiness

10.10.07 apparently. D:

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-10, 14:07   Link #355
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's now a "making of" video of the Shiraishi seaside EDs on nicovideo. I believe director Takemoto Yasuhiro is the tallish guy in the brown jacket. I apologize to those who don't have nicovideo accounts. I can't find a way to save and post these videos elsewhere.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-10, 21:43   Link #356
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Presumably the footage off the 2nd DVD.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:24   Link #357
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
10.10.07 apparently. D:
Yep, thats the official release date --- and just like the first, its being released after all the set ED songs have been heard in the series.
Old 2007-08-11, 09:42   Link #358
truehappiness

Holy...

The single has yet again, risen above acts like Johnny's Jrs. and UVERworld (they debuted the same day as the remix single) and is now currently no.4 under AKB48.

AKB48 sold about 3000-4000 copies yesterday.. so.. who knows how much this single will sell overall! (multiply the numbers to the right by about 1.7 for an accurate representation of sales for the day]

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-11, 13:14   Link #359
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Well, AKB48 also caters to the Akiba-kei so my guess is most otakus bought both singles when they went music shopping. The fact that AKB48 was so high was probably due to another otaku mobilization effort. Jr. Isn't that big of a Johnny's band; I'd be impressed if Akiba-kei CDs defeated Arashi or SMAP.

Looking around the Oricon singles site, I thought that it's also significant that The Lovely Complex OP was at #5. This isn't an Akiba-kei anime... this is an shoujo anime for girls/OLs. Dorama-watchers going all out to get an anime OP? THAT is pretty cool. The mainstream acceptance of women's anime is now a reality.
Old 2007-08-11, 17:48   Link #360
truehappiness

I think YUKI has her own fanbase, so perhaps that played a part in it.

She debuted at no.3 and dropped a few places to where she is now.. and the Johnny's Jrs sold about 119,000 copies their first week, so I think they're pretty strong for a one-time group.

UNSPEAKABLE
Closed Thread