AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-15, 17:12   Link #121
ginran
~Smile~

I dont really wanna get into an arguement or anything, its not my style.

but I just really wanted to add one of my favorite things that supported Shirlulu, was Masquerade. That is one amazing little song, and its more of a plus to me since its Lelouch's POV(Im pretty sure about that). Its only played twice throught out the series, once in Stage 14 and the other time in Turn 3, both were for Shirley and Lelouch scenes. Not saying thats the end of the "canon" debate, but I think its pretty big for Shirlulu, even now.

lol, when I find time, I really wanna do a manifesto kinda thing. but that prolly wont be for a while...

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 17:15   Link #122
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
I dont really wanna get into an arguement or anything, its not my style.

but I just really wanted to add one of my favorite things that supported Shirlulu, was Masquerade. That is one amazing little song, and its more of a plus to me since its Lelouch's POV(Im pretty sure about that). Its only played twice throught out the series, once in Stage 14 and the other time in Turn 3, both were for Shirley and Lelouch scenes. Not saying thats the end of the "canon" debate, but I think its pretty big for Shirlulu, even now.

lol, when I find time, I really wanna do a manifesto kinda thing. but that prolly wont be for a while...
Oh yes, Masquerade was an epic song along with the Stage 14 scene it was firstly featured. And if we want to go over-analyzing, maybe it was Lelouch's inner-subconscious desire deep down, to search what love might be, something that Shirley represented the most, in S1.

p.s ginran, debate-arguing is part of the forum-story, do not worry, we ain't biting, do we? 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 17:21   Link #123
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Oh yes, Masquerade was an epic song along with the Stage 14 scene it was firstly featured. And if we want to go over-analyzing, maybe it was Lelouch's inner-subconscious desire deep down, to search what love might be, something that Shirley represented the most, in S1.

p.s ginran, debate-arguing is part of the forum-story, do not worry, we ain't biting, do we? 8D
Yes, very epic~ Thats a really nice interpretation of it, Sky! I like that one.

eh, I know. but I'm not really too good at arguing...XD I just kinda like to stop by once and while and add something small here and there. hehe, no, I like you guys.

Old 2009-06-15, 23:35   Link #124
Nobodyman9
Banned

Okay, honestly I wish all the posts on this thread could be just like the last three that were posted. There was no anger, no resentment, no bitter arguing, just ginran bringing up a very nice romantic aspect of the show and incorrupts happily approving and commenting on it.

That being said, I see my "surprise" has not exactly one everyone over (to say the least) I understand that trying to see Kalulu and Shirlulu as equal in terms of validity and canonness may be asking too much. Most of you seem to acknowledge that while you do have favoritism towards your preferred ship, whether it's Kalulu or Shirlulu, you also understand that the opposite ship also does also hold some credence and is at least semi-canon, even if you think one may have been more canon than the other. Also, Loli dear, I hate for you to have joined my group under false pretenses.

So allow me to introduce the new and improved, and revamped KSEA group. Now called KSU - Kalulu Shirlulu United!

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=334

As of now, we no longer fight for equality between the two ships, but rather we are now just a place for Kalulus and Shirlulus alike to talk and discuss in peace. It doens't matter which ship is your favorite or if you believe one is more canon than the other, just so long as you believe that both ships are credible and that each girl had a decent shot at Lelouch (all right, I know these requirements are kind of vague, but bear with me ) Just so long as you believe that Kalulu and Shirlulu were the closest to canon and that either could have potentially occurred under different circumstances, than you're welcome to join.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 05:10   Link #125
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Okay, honestly I wish all the posts on this thread could be just like the last three that were posted. There was no anger, no resentment, no bitter arguing, just ginran bringing up a very nice romantic aspect of the show and incorrupts happily approving and commenting on it.

That being said, I see my "surprise" has not exactly one everyone over (to say the least) I understand that trying to see Kalulu and Shirlulu as equal in terms of validity and canonness may be asking too much. Most of you seem to acknowledge that while you do have favoritism towards your preferred ship, whether it's Kalulu or Shirlulu, you also understand that the opposite ship also does also hold some credence and is at least semi-canon, even if you think one may have been more canon than the other. Also, Loli dear, I hate for you to have joined my group under false pretenses.
Ok, honestly are you kidding? Was there any resentment or anything like you said, on the previous posts? If there was any, that was coming mostly from you and nogitsune, with the whole "i bet you think" and the "ok, i am a biased mean person".
Please do not try to start add fuel in the fire, cause honestly, Loli and i might have been easy to jump in the past, but not right now, not anymore. Ultimately we all were just debating, i do not see where you are coming from.

Anyway, to reply to your post again, yes, there can be two couples that can be seen under the football-light that they were kicking on the Lelouch-romance-field quite a lot within the series, but it is natural, that nothing is equal. It is a fiction work, and if one ship is getting a lot of official material, then this automatically holds it on a higher pedestal. It is not really about interpretation, it is statistical as well.
Old 2009-06-16, 06:38   Link #126
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Ok, honestly are you kidding? Was there any resentment or anything like you said, on the previous posts? If there was any, that was coming mostly from you and nogitsune, with the whole "i bet you think" and the "ok, i am a biased mean person".
Errr. What?
The "evil" part was said jokingly, I already explained that. Now, I might have not made that clear enough in the original posting, but the same is true for Loli's quoting my post and putting an "too bad some canon facts are easily thrown to the wind, then" line.
I said I'd be on my way again since those kind of misunderstandings are really no fun, and I have no idea why you should bring it up again - especially since no one could explain to me yet what Loli's post was really supposed to tell me if not that I am just being biased.
Actually, this discussion doesn't really belong into this thread, but since I tried to let it rest and it didn't work, I won't stay quiet if you keep kicking the dead kitten.
Old 2009-06-16, 07:33   Link #127
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Errr. What?
The "evil" part was said jokingly, I already explained that. Now, I might have not made that clear enough in the original posting, but the same is true for Loli's quoting my post and putting an "too bad some canon facts are easily thrown to the wind, then" line.
I said I'd be on my way again since those kind of misunderstandings are really no fun, and I have no idea why you should bring it up again - especially since no one could explain to me yet what Loli's post was really supposed to tell me if not that I am just being biased.
Actually, this discussion doesn't really belong into this thread, but since I tried to let it rest and it didn't work, I won't stay quiet if you keep kicking the dead kitten.
Seeing as how i just got a bad rep for my previous post saying "why don't you shut up!?" really tempts me not to shut up actually, but i will not go further on this one, only cause i respect monir and the fact he let us open the thread again. I believe anyone can see in the last two pages, that i was {along with blade and loli} debating without any resentment or angry-feelings other people did try to insert, but what can i say? To each his own.
Let this die now, and move on with that one ~
Old 2009-06-16, 15:34   Link #128
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

But... wasn't that what they just said? That there was no anger, and that was good? *confusion*

Anyway. Um. So, what other romantic couples could we discuss...?

How about Jeremiah. Villetta or Sayako?
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 15:43   Link #129
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
But... wasn't that what they just said? That there was no anger, and that was good? *confusion*
Don't worry, incorrupts and I have resolved this off-thread.

Quote:
Anyway. Um. So, what other romantic couples could we discuss...?

How about Jeremiah. Villetta or Sayako?
Well, Viletta's already spoken for of course, but before she met Ougi the idea had crossed my mind.

As for Sayoko, I do remember a while back that some people were speculating about the robo-ninja combo Me, I wouldn't have had a problem with it, especially since they shared that loyalty talk. But the problem is they just didn't know each other well enough and they would had to have had some meaningful development and screentime together. I think their worlds were just too far apart and there wasn't enough interaction between the two.

But I guess Jeremiah is just stuck with Anya, but I don't consider that to be a romantic relationship (Eww, pedophile. Gross )
Old 2009-06-16, 15:46   Link #130
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Oh, man, I was so disturbed by the idea of Jeremiah/Anya. Which is strange, because I have no problem with Xingke and Tianzi's relationship... o.0

But yeah, I wondered about Villetta, too. Until she ended up with Ougi.

... okay, and that could kind of be a really interesting OT3 now that I think of it...
Old 2009-06-16, 15:57   Link #131
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Oh, man, I was so disturbed by the idea of Jeremiah/Anya. Which is strange, because I have no problem with Xingke and Tianzi's relationship... o.0
Ha ha, well we all know that Xing-ke is a good guy. Plus they share a really close relationship.

Quote:
But yeah, I wondered about Villetta, too. Until she ended up with Ougi.

... okay, and that could kind of be a really interesting OT3 now that I think of it...
What would be an interesting OT3? Ougi/Viletta/Jeremiah (yikes! )

Oh, and I had actually never heard of OT3, so I looked it up, so thanks for helping me learn a new word. And that being said, I'd have to say that Lelouch/Kallen/Shirley is the hottest OT3 ever.

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-06-16 at 16:08.
Old 2009-06-16, 16:31   Link #132
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Rai x Kallen is my favorite romance even tho its only in the game but they look so awesome together.
Old 2009-06-16, 19:27   Link #133
ginran
~Smile~

Nogi, I really liked the idea of Sayoko being with Jeremiah by the end of the show! not that there was really any actual evidence of it happening, but I like the Jeremiah/Sayoko/Anya as adoptive daughter idea, it seems sweet~ although Villetta is taken, I can see why you'd add her in there. It always seemed like the two of them had a close relationship...but i guess it wasnt very romance based... so for me, itd have to be Ohgi/Villetta and Jeremiah/Sayoko.

also, Snowdevil, I have no problem with Xingke and Tianzi's relationship either. But I think its mostly because their isnt anything "mature content" goin on behind the scenes! its just an innocent relationship, and at this point in time, I think Xingke would probably wait until she was older to actually be romantically involved with her at all.

Old 2009-06-16, 19:48   Link #134
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Ha ha, well we all know that Xing-ke is a good guy. Plus they share a really close relationship.

What would be an interesting OT3? Ougi/Viletta/Jeremiah (yikes! )

Oh, and I had actually never heard of OT3, so I looked it up, so thanks for helping me learn a new word. And that being said, I'd have to say that Lelouch/Kallen/Shirley is the hottest OT3 ever.
Lol, yeah. It could be... kind of interesting...

I think I'm gonna have to go request that on the kinkmeme.

(Personally, I think KaLuluSuza might be hotter, if only for the amazing sex potential between Kallen and Suzaku XD)
Old 2009-06-17, 00:02   Link #135
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Nogi, I really liked the idea of Sayoko being with Jeremiah by the end of the show! not that there was really any actual evidence of it happening, but I like the Jeremiah/Sayoko/Anya as adoptive daughter idea, it seems sweet~
Aww, that idea actually quite appeals to me too. Incidentally, does anyone know if Jeremiah officially adopted Anya, or do they just sort of live together?

Quote:
(Personally, I think KaLuluSuza might be hotter, if only for the amazing sex potential between Kallen and Suzaku XD)
LOL, well you may have a point. I guess Shirley was never really designed the sexy hawtness aspect Still, I think the Lelouch/Kallen/Shirley relationship works pretty well overall. Lelouch goes to Kallen for sexy hawtness and for someone to woop his ass and he goes to Shirley for TLC and emotional support.
Old 2009-06-17, 02:53   Link #136
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

LOL, well you may have a point. I guess Shirley was never really designed the sexy hawtness aspect Still, I think the Lelouch/Kallen/Shirley relationship works pretty well overall. Lelouch goes to Kallen for sexy hawtness and for someone to woop his ass and he goes to Shirley for TLC and emotional support.
Shirley got her epic speeches towards Lelouch that seem they do affect him (Stage 14 and Turn 11) but Kallen, is quite a technician in the Emotional-Support Department as well. Snap-out-of-it-worker, yep, Turn 7 pretty much indicated she can "lift" Lelouch up. In generally. 8DD
Old 2009-06-17, 03:12   Link #137
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Shirley got her epic speeches towards Lelouch that seem they do affect him (Stage 14 and Turn 11) but Kallen, is quite a technician in the Emotional-Support Department as well. Snap-out-of-it-worker, yep, Turn 7 pretty much indicated she can "lift" Lelouch up. In generally. 8DD
Well, to an extent, Shirley can be sexy hawt (she does her own cute kind of sex appeal) and she's been known to give her own verbal woop-asses to Lelouch. So perhaps they could both offer these things only Shirley moreso with some and Kallen moreso with some.
Old 2009-06-17, 03:16   Link #138
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
why not make the logical leap
shirkaluluzaku
hell, throw in milly for good mesure

they say that sex is a Beautiful thing between two people
between five its fantastic
Old 2009-06-17, 03:32   Link #139
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
shirkaluluzaku

Among five it's fantastic. (sorry, I'm the grammar police )

Well, ain't nothing wrong with indulging in the occassional multi-person sex orgy. It certainly would be hawt beyond comparison
Old 2009-06-17, 04:04   Link #140
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
shirkaluluzaku

And C.C was not invited for the party? That's unfair.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote