AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-24, 23:55   Link #501
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Took a peak at the artist's website, Any info on this character?
Spoiler for more loli for touma? :
That's Toma's cousin Otohime from Vol 4. Since we never got see her real face in the novels, the artist drew her possibly for the anime, which we do see her face in her cell phone in ep 15.
Old 2009-07-25, 00:15   Link #502
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Okay, i got a beef with one certain info about this novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Spoiler for Vol.18:
Spoiler for The beef:
Old 2009-07-25, 00:28   Link #503
Bordix

uhg, the orange dress should have already given me a clue, can't believe I forgot about her, shame on me

thanks
Old 2009-07-25, 02:40   Link #504
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
@MrTerrorist: In world of TAMNI, England has a different royal family, dragons, knights and many other things that England in our world doesn't have. So its history might have been different as well as the population number (maybe a large number of people migrated to England for some reason, who knows?)

In other words, it is futile to compare our world and the TAMNI version of the world. The history and the world itself have more then few differences.
Old 2009-07-25, 03:04   Link #505
higoku1

That's right, considering there is also a huge futuristic city within Japan that perfected human cloning technologies and such is not realistic enough xD. If I not wrong, the Vatican in the real world considered cloning as blasphemy.
Old 2009-07-25, 03:06   Link #506
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Vatican and Gauken Toshi (Academy City) are not exactly friends in the world of TAMNI.
Old 2009-07-25, 04:56   Link #507
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Okay then, what about the whole secrecy of the world of magic & espers?

And the fact President Obama exist in TAMNI?
Old 2009-07-25, 05:11   Link #508
tsunade666

Firstly I don't have a clue on who's those characters are even though its sounds awesome with a whole war coming up. But why did aqua and touma just team up suddenly and then theirs the princess? if she is 2nd then theirs 1st? then theirs the queen and all..... its really hard to keep up with even though its sounds awesome without reading it for myself.......
Old 2009-07-25, 05:28   Link #509
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
What about secrecy? Espers are known to exist by many people (which is the reason why so many people came to watch the sport festival there) and the magic side can easily use magic to mask their presence. Maybe even make you forget about what happened if you see too much.

However, maybe they don't try to stay secret as much as normal people don't believe in existence of magicians and espers. Index ceartanly didn't try to hide the secrets about magic to someone who has nothing to do with it. The mages also don't seem to mind casting their spells in places surrounded with normal people much either.

Quote:
I did not say that the ENTIRE history is changed. If it was, then the world would look even more different.
What I want to say is that there is no reason to criticize some points of novels because in teh world that is so and so. If England in TAMNI has greater population then in our world, then thats how it is: it is one of differences betwen our and their world.
Old 2009-07-25, 05:33   Link #510
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

The Obama thing is an anime only parody.
Of course the Great Britain in Index universe has many different aspects from our Great Britain, such as different history,populations number and it is ruled by The Royal Family(along with Knight hood and the Anglican church-3 power force) not the democratic government
And the most important thing is England in Index universe didn't possessed any nuclear weapon!!!!.

P.S. Every things about the 3 power forces in Great Britain will start to be focus since Vol.7(which will be the first arc for the anime season 2)
Old 2009-07-25, 08:35   Link #511
Miraluka
Banned

Really, I need that second season =_=.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:59   Link #512
tsunade666

Is their any confirmation about the 2nd season? In to aru majutsu no idex-tan they didn't even talk about it yet.

Well back to the novel being unrealistic. Its very obvious that it shouldn't be compare to real world because its a fantasy story. And whats happening inside doesn't necessarily true or exist in the real world.

and back to my question that no one answer yet. Can someone care to explain the royal family? because in the spoiler. It says that the 2nd princess attacks them and the queen looks like defend from it. And theirs aqua and touma team up together. I though aqua is an enemy.
Old 2009-07-25, 20:29   Link #513
higoku1

Instead of worrying about weather there will be a second season or not. Why not let us enjoy the Railgun anime? The Imouto arc will be fascinating to watch if y'all had read the manga ^_^.
Old 2009-07-26, 00:17   Link #514
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm, judgung from plant's info I guess the next volume gonna be magic side again. And this time in Russia. Too bad, although vol 17 makes magic side much more interesting, I still prefer the esper side more(want to see the rest of the 4 level 5 power and the secret behind that man who create academy city whose name escape me right now). Oh well, I guess as long as it's still interesting any side's story will be okay.
Old 2009-07-26, 12:50   Link #515
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol.18:
BTW, what happened with the other characters like Kaori, Itsuwa and Index?

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol.18:

Thats Touma

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol.18:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I still prefer the esper side more(want to see the rest of the 4 level 5 power and the secret behind that man who create academy city whose name escape me right now).
Well, do you remember vol.15?? xD.
Ah! the name is Aleister Krowley

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-07-26 at 21:20.
Old 2009-07-27, 01:06   Link #516
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea, I remember vol 15 very well lol. That was epic, but there's still 3 level 5 not told yet(two with known power, but hasn't make an appearance, 1 hasn't been mentioned at all). Yea, that's the name. The extend of his power hasn't been told yet right? Well, it seems he has some kind of connection with magic world so maybe he will be mentioned even on the magic side, but......
Old 2009-07-27, 06:14   Link #517
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Magic seems overpowered. I don't see how the esper side can even keep up with them since their ability leans more on the realistic scale than magic. Of course, that is kinda of an obvious given...

What's Aqua's story or his objective anyway? And did Touma decided to help out Aqua temporarily because it was for the greater good or was it due to a critical situation of Enemy Mine scenario?

I get the gist of Aqua's powers, but I don't know any details about them (feel free to inform me, anyone). Aqua, being a person who can utilize one's Sainthood, must be divinely powerful. But what exactly is Cathena Original? Carissa isn't a Saint, no? Then I'm guessing the Cathena Original must make her something close to a deity.

Last edited by Zetsuen_no_Myuu; 2009-07-27 at 06:59.
Old 2009-07-27, 10:32   Link #518
higoku1

All I know about Cathena Original is that it's a holy sword that grants the user with power that can rival of a saint. I'm not sure about it's specific details, but I do know that it's destroyed by Touma during the melee.
Old 2009-07-28, 04:00   Link #519
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm, true that magic seems way overpowered, but seeing that magic was created by people not gifted enough to learn esper power, maybe there's some tradeoff or something in using magic that's not been told yet. BTW, is the secret behind Imagine Breaker's told yet on vol 18?
Old 2009-07-29, 08:32   Link #520
tsunade666

No clue yet given for imagine breaker.
And you really shouldn't fight with touma in melee. Where he can pound you to the ground.
And what did happen to the others. Though I don't care about index but what happen to itsuwa? and kaori? And their is also another woman that help touma before beat a girl in previews volume.

btw what did happen in volume 15? I forgot already.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen