AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-01, 20:25   Link #561
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I feel pretty dumb just realizing this, but I just read the announcement text at the end of chapter 101.

"Reinforcement from Dietrich! Miria's Main Squad is Finally Here!?!"

I am assuming that means Miria and possibly Galatea soon. Otherwise, it appears odd to randomly state that. I wonder if the question mark implies they will pop in at the some random, but fully welcomed time. Similar to the ghosts appearing to save Galatea, Clarice, and Miata with two-shot manga page and witty dialogue. Although the author may just want to get it over with.

Can't believe I just noticed this.
Roflmao, it's no big deal; it wasn't until just two days ago, that I noticed Dietrich holding that cloth in her left hand .

Who knows, maybe, just maybe. I do question though, if they really are here, why don't we see them? Wouldn't Miria make for a much better cool pose instead of Dietrich?

To be honest, I think Yagi's REALLY trying to make the readers like her, which is why she has so many "cool" moments.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:35   Link #562
Newhope

I've always like Dietrich she has a "Miria" vibe to her for some reason, to be honest I don't have a clue what he plans to do with her but I would be surprised if she becomes a mini boss the ghosts have to fight, other than that the only other thing I can think she could do is bridge the gap between the two claymore generations and bring current warriors onto the Ghosts side.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:40   Link #563
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I've always like Dietrich she has a "Miria" vibe to her for some reason, to be honest I don't have a clue what he plans to do with her but I would be surprised if she becomes a mini boss the ghosts have to fight, other than that the only other thing I can think she could do is bridge the gap between the two claymore generations and bring current warriors onto the Ghosts side.
I had similar assumptions considering how much time she has received. I think at least for now she has plot-shield from this arc. Besides, if Miria and co do arrive, that means Tabitha will be there and well....she can be the red shirt in this mission.

It also would not surprise me if the Destroyer ended up exploding in some way.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:42   Link #564
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I doubt it - in the long run, I simply cannot see Dietrich ever joining the Ghosts.

....Then again, if she really is the same fruffly girl from that town, and she recognizes Raki...she may see what the Organization is doing to him and that causes her to rebel.

Who knows, maybe I'm just being hard on her. It's funny because I always thought that Renee would be the next one to rebel and join them, and Dietrich would be farther down the line, if at all. I get the feeling she will fall with the Organization nevertheless - despite the majority of warriors without a doubt joining the Ghosts, I'm sure their will be a few stranglers who will choose to fight with the Organization to the bitter end.

I'm sure she will be one of them.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:49   Link #565
Nixl

Now that Shiek reminds me,

I wonder if it is safe enough to bring up the topic of Rene possibly being dead as of chapter 93 page 5, bottom left panel.

Last time I brought this up Hegamonkhan said I was seeing "men on the moon."

As for Dietrich I think she will be a key character, but not one that will quickly convert over to the ghosts. In fact once this arc is over I do suspect some betrayal styled shenanigans.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:49   Link #566
graven idol
LURK MOAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I doubt it - in the long run, I simply cannot see Dietrich ever joining the Ghosts.

....Then again, if she really is the same fruffly girl from that town, and she recognizes Raki...she may see what the Organization is doing to him and that causes her to rebel.

Who knows, maybe I'm just being hard on her. It's funny because I always thought that Renee would be the next one to rebel and join them, and Dietrich would be farther down the line, if at all. I get the feeling she will fall with the Organization nevertheless - despite the majority of warriors without a doubt joining the Ghosts, I'm sure their will be a few stranglers who will choose to fight with the Organization to the bitter end.

I'm sure she will be one of them.
No, I don't see her joining alongside with the ghosts. YET. If she was truly that loyal, I think she would have attempted taking the others along with her? >_>
Old 2010-04-01, 21:05   Link #567
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by graven idol View Post
No, I don't see her joining alongside with the ghosts. YET. If she was truly that loyal, I think she would have attempted taking the others along with her? >_>
If she's loyal, then she wouldn't be taking anyone at all or going anyway.

It has to be made abunduntly clear: Jean and Dietrich are both honorable, but the difference is, Jean loved and honored her humanity, while Dietrich honors the Organization. Assuming Jean wasn't already being sent to Pieta, do you really think she would continue to work for them had she known, say, what they were doing to the women who would become AE's?

It doesn't seem to bother Dietrich one bit. Galatea, who has had some of the largest known history with the Organization, among those still alive, said she was always like this. I just can't see her breaking that kind of loyalty anytime soon.

She's an Evil Jean, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl

I wonder if it is safe enough to bring up the topic of Rene possibly being dead as of chapter 93 page 5, bottom left panel.

As for Dietrich I think she will be a key character, but not one that will quickly convert over to the ghosts. In fact once this arc is over I do suspect some betrayal styled shenanigans.
ROFLMAO, that guy was funny

I don't think their was one person he didn't insult - I remember him telling me to "follow the yellow brick road back to sanity and the manga" .
Old 2010-04-01, 21:07   Link #568
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post

I think you are referring to the om scanslation. If you are, then the problem is that it seems in that scanslation as if riful is talking directely to renee. But in the right translation this isn't the case. So renee is most possibly alive and successfully escaped.

about hege:
He simply wrote to much text. No one(especially me) has the time to read such monster posts. He never insulted me, so there seemes to be at least one guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixl
I feel pretty dumb just realizing this, but I just read the announcement text at the end of chapter 101.

"Reinforcement from Dietrich! Miria's Main Squad is Finally Here!?!"
I think dietrich is most probably on her own because she said miria to draw her sword against her if she wants to bring down the org.
Dietrich and miria went separated ways as far as we know. Dietrich could also be a mole, trying to capture one of the ghosts or infiltrate the other team. Who knows...

@evil_kenshin
Perhaps those things will be resolved some day. At the moment what you write makes the most sense but it is still not good enough for me personally. There must be another better explanation.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2010-04-01 at 21:19.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:22   Link #569
Newhope

I don't really think she is loyal to org everything shes done so far to me anyway points towards her gathering info about whats going on almost like a free agent, if anything I think she may have been at the point where she was thinking about deserting but is still unsure and is playing safe until she knows what to do.

As for bridging the gap between the two claymore generations, if Claymore does continue for a number of years and a war with the dragonkin or the orgs homeland happens there going to need every active claymore they can get there hands on which means recruiting the current generation and the only warrior we've seen so far that has the personality and by the way she acts probably the respect of the current warriors is Dietrich.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:27   Link #570
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I personnally think of dietrich as a hard liner who knows very much of the orgs dark secrets. She has taken over the role of rafaella i think. Despite that she is an honorable warrior who always wants to repay her debts.
She IMO must have a profound reason for obeying the org despite knowing what they are doing. Perhaps she is the second person who knocked on the orgs door on her own free will and from the main land
Old 2010-04-01, 22:58   Link #571
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
If she's loyal, then she wouldn't be taking anyone at all or going anyway.

It has to be made abunduntly clear: Jean and Dietrich are both honorable, but the difference is, Jean loved and honored her humanity, while Dietrich honors the Organization. Assuming Jean wasn't already being sent to Pieta, do you really think she would continue to work for them had she known, say, what they were doing to the women who would become AE's?

It doesn't seem to bother Dietrich one bit. Galatea, who has had some of the largest known history with the Organization, among those still alive, said she was always like this. I just can't see her breaking that kind of loyalty anytime soon.

She's an Evil Jean, plain and simple.

ROFLMAO, that guy was funny

I don't think their was one person he didn't insult - I remember him telling me to "follow the yellow brick road back to sanity and the manga" .
Or it might be more simple. I don't think Dietrich knows about the fact that the Org created Yoma. It seems to me that Deitrich doesn't go against the Org for the simple reason that the Org is the only way to fight the yoma. She has no choice but to put up with the Orgs crap. D is loyal because despite of it's flaws the Org is the only way the people can fight back. Even Galatea who eventually defected because of it's cruelty still thought it was a bad idea to destroy the Org when she thought it was the only thing stoping the yoma. Deitrich is in a unique situation she is a single didget. Her comrades need her. She can't just go off and rebel. (Not yet anyway) This is my impression.
Old 2010-04-01, 23:20   Link #572
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think you are referring to the om scanslation. If you are, then the problem is that it seems in that scanslation as if riful is talking directely to renee. But in the right translation this isn't the case. So renee is most possibly alive and successfully escaped.

about hege:
He simply wrote to much text. No one(especially me) has the time to read such monster posts. He never insulted me, so there seemes to be at least one guy.

I think dietrich is most probably on her own because she said miria to draw her sword against her if she wants to bring down the org.
Dietrich and miria went separated ways as far as we know. Dietrich could also be a mole, trying to capture one of the ghosts or infiltrate the other team. Who knows...

@evil_kenshin
Perhaps those things will be resolved some day. At the moment what you write makes the most sense but it is still not good enough for me personally. There must be another better explanation.
I think Dietrich is probably a mole. She seem to be hanging around the ghost way to much for a Claymore. Does she have any mission?
Her mission is to infiltrate the Ghost.

Dietrich knows that the Org created the Afs, that alone should make her want to rebel, but she has accepted it.
Old 2010-04-01, 23:33   Link #573
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I think Dietrich is probably a mole. She seem to be hanging around the ghost way to much for a Claymore. Does she have any mission?
Her mission is to infiltrate the Ghost.

Dietrich knows that the Org created the Afs, that alone should make her want to rebel, but she has accepted it.
I'm not sure I agree about her being a mole, she hasn't returned to the org hq at all (considering the org meeting which mentioned her as missing still)
Old 2010-04-01, 23:37   Link #574
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
I'm not sure I agree about her being a mole, she hasn't returned to the org hq at all (considering the org meeting which mentioned her as missing still)
If you are right, then that would explain why she shows up all the time.
Old 2010-04-01, 23:43   Link #575
evil_kenshin

Quote:
If you are right, then that would explain why she shows up all the time.
It would be easier to tell if we had a sense of time

But from what I can tell following her rescue by Helen and Deneve she was with them

Shortly after she travelled to Rabona to deliver the message

now she's shown up to help Yuma and Cynthia.

All this is happening in the west (Rabona is in the west as was Riful and now the Destroyer)

So far it doesn't look like she has had the time to head to the east but if your theory is right we will find out eventually (Though why save Yuma and Cnythia)
Old 2010-04-01, 23:48   Link #576
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
It would be easier to tell if we had a sense of time

But from what I can tell following her rescue by Helen and Deneve she was with them

Shortly after she travelled to Rabona to deliver the message

now she's shown up to help Yuma and Cynthia.

All this is happening in the west (Rabona is in the west as was Riful and now the Destroyer)

So far it doesn't look like she has had the time to head to the east but if your theory is right we will find out eventually (Though why save Yuma and Cnythia)
Why save Uma and Cynthia? Thats easy, the Org wants to experiment on them, they are not as good if they are dead.

You might be right, I have never trusted Dietrich from the time she stated chasing after Helen and Deneven. She lied.
Old 2010-04-01, 23:57   Link #577
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Why save Uma and Cynthia? Thats easy, the Org wants to experiment on them, they are not as good if they are dead.

You might be right, I have never trusted Dietrich from the time she stated chasing after Helen and Deneven. She lied.
I'm still doubtful considering the scene where the Org said she was missing

But there is still plenty of times after that she could of snuck back to the org.

Though her whole speech to the male AB she killed kinda left me with the impression that she was atleast honourable ("Even if polluted by evil, you and I are both warriors. This is out of respect among comrades" )and cares for (or at least respects) fellow claymores.

So her being a mole kinda seems odd but i'd personally like that as a plot twist (rather than working for the whole of a org, an individual org member such as Rubel could have her working privately for his self gain).
Old 2010-04-02, 03:58   Link #578
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

hmm i never noticed that cloth in Dietrich's hand before, it looks like it's a whitish colour like the claymore uniform and not dark like the ghosts leather, so that makes me wonder if Dietrich has maybe come across Renee. It would be a brilliant piece of fridge logic if that is a scrap of Renee's cloak and she's trying to rescue whoever saved Renee. After all; i thought she said she had repaid her dues, by delivering her message to Miria on behalf of Deneve and Helen. 'Tracking' back along Renee's escape path would have revealed only a whole lot of dead things and the trails of Claire/Cynthia and Yuma.

Or i could be over analysing...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2010-04-02, 04:03   Link #579
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
hmm i never noticed that cloth in Dietrich's hand before, it looks like it's a whitish colour like the claymore uniform and not dark like the ghosts leather, so that makes me wonder if Dietrich has maybe come across Renee. It would be a brilliant piece of fridge logic if that is a scrap of Renee's cloak and she's trying to rescue whoever saved Renee. After all; i thought she said she had repaid her dues, by delivering her message to Miria on behalf of Deneve and Helen. 'Tracking' back along Renee's escape path would have revealed only a whole lot of dead things and the trails of Claire/Cynthia and Yuma.

Or i could be over analysing...
Actually (though i'm sure it was shown that all the AF's are dead) I think the white piece of cloth is actually from Riful's dress.
Old 2010-04-02, 04:04   Link #580
haegar
mangaviking

like that idea @ sleepy speculator ... especially since I sooo want Renee to be still alive XD ... also it would make for a good motivation for Dietrich the way you explained it. Hope you're right
Closed Thread