AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 22:30   Link #21
Fruits Basket Fan

It seems like a Bleach plot, really.....
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 11:27   Link #22
kitten320

That sounds so different from usual Naruto movies... hope it is a good one!
Old 2011-05-01, 22:03   Link #23
Johnny
Working the bags...

Sounds like once again Konoha bends over for Kumo...

Speaking of which, don't drop the soap Naruto...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 23:47   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this looks interesting...

/file under: cautiously optimistic
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 18:27   Link #25
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
this looks interesting...

/file under: cautiously optimistic
I did that for the last 2 and they are the worst, god knows how bad this one will be
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 13:50   Link #26
Kallen4life

what're pein and conan doing in the 4X sec trailer ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 02:15   Link #27
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Sounds like once again Konoha bends over for Kumo...

Speaking of which, don't drop the soap Naruto...
If sasuke was there im sure naruto would love dropping the soap
Old 2011-05-17, 16:51   Link #28
Sage6pathz
Ninpou Bankai

Location: Norridgewock Maine moving to maryland in the summer though.
Send a message via AIM to Sage6pathz
How does that even work out i wonder?? after saving the village naruto couldnt possibly be put in prison how could they make such assumptions. maybe the people were placed under genjutsu. I believe it was stated that this would best fit a bleach plot which is so true in bleach they always put people in jail for bullshit lol it kinda pisses me off sometimes how easily it happens and how often.
Sage6pathz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 19:50   Link #29
Alchemist007
*Author

Sounds like this would be a wicked move for a blood mage in Dragon Age.
+1000 damage.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:05   Link #30
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Naruto has been put in prison in the very first Naruto movie, too. I think this is a step back to the roots and they try to bring back nostalgic feelings - the wow-effect that Naruto does not have anymore - neither for the fresh and young audience, nor for the fans who did not leave out a single OVA in over a decade...
Old 2011-06-09, 07:01   Link #31
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Apparently there will be a novel based on the movie released one month before it is in threatres on July 4th. Kishimoto is said to be doing illustrations.
Old 2011-07-04, 11:23   Link #32
Obito, Tobi
Maker Of Crap AMVs

I will be waiting... For as long as it may take. I may have to wait for this humongous tilting mass to create a few giant elliptical revolutions around a giant burning mass that the original mass compared to it is a pin. But I will survive. I will wait the 5 hours after it's released online, and have shitty subs that are hard to read, but me? I will not complain.
Old 2011-07-04, 12:45   Link #33
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage6pathz View Post
How does that even work out i wonder??
Undercover work.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 13:13   Link #34
rladls716

I wonder if Sasuke and Killer Bee appears in this movie.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 13:44   Link #35
rladls716

My random speculations:

To simply put, I think this movie is about what if story.

If Naruto really did tried to kill Raikage then, I think it was the time after Sasuke and his fellow members of Hawk attacked the Summit to kill Danzo.

Naruto failed to convince Raikage from executing Sasuke. Then he met Sakura, only to hear her lies. These made Naruto put in despair.

In the manga and anime, Naruto goes after Sasuke and confessed his true feelings to him.

Alternatively, in the movie, Naruto actually listens to Kakashi while being depressed and go back to the village with Yamato. In the Five-Kage meetting, there is no ninja alliance and left Raikage unsatisfied. Back in the village, some movie-original villain secretly talked naruto in his house and tricked him in to killing Raikage and lied how Raikage is plotting not only to kill sasuke, but using Danzo's secret as an excuse to declare war on Konoha. This made Naruto go out of control and there you have it.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 15:17   Link #36
neshru

Short TV movie trailer:

Looks like the movie will actually have some movie quality animation for once.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 18:49   Link #37
wisteria233

Well subs for the movie is out, and I just saw it.

Spoiler for thoughts on the movie:
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 02:44   Link #38
tetsuo69

started good but ended bad.
Old 2012-04-29, 08:06   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
started good but ended bad.
^This

Started pretty great, had a good middle and...then the face/palming ending ensued...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 11:06   Link #40
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
This Naruto movie was a lot darker than the other ones, which I quite liked. There were a lot of things simply not suitable for a children audience in this movie (torture, gory violence, sexual-harassment and the like), and that’s a nice change from the regular toned-down Naruto which we usually tend to see a lot of.

What it lacked however, was proper eye-candy. I know I’m a huge pervert, but I just think a movie gets better if you add at least one character that’s easy on the eyes (like the busty princess Shion). The only female character in this movie was a flat-chested girl who looked like a boy, and when Tsunade showed up her boobs were non-existent in her outfit, where did they go? There’s no way she would be able to hide them inside that vest.

Aside from the lack of boobs however, the movie was decent, but still not very good. The plot was so ridiculously weak, even though it turned out to be a mission, there’s no way they would send Naruto to a prison when there’s a war about to break out to protect him.

I also think they missed out on a chance to show Naruto’s doubts about his village. If you look at things from Naruto’s perspective, it’s almost ridiculous how he isn’t pissed off at his village for sending him to such a shitty place. He just saved the entire village and became their hero, and they are sending him to prison because he was accused of doing something he had absolutely NO motive for doing? On top of that, they live in a world where illusions are so real they can kill people, and yet they don’t “supposedly” think about the fact that someone could just have transformed into Naruto?

Yeah Naruto looks sad, and he thinks about his village a lot, but never once does he resent them for doing that to him, he just wants to find the guy who framed him and get back to his village. Any normal person would be pissed at that point, and probably start doubting his own village. I know Naruto is known for being “steadfast” in his loyalty towards his village, but to such an extent?

This movie also lacked villains, as well as some decent side-characters. It’s centered mostly on Naruto, which is okay in a way, but you can’t just have the main character, you need something else. The villain is very generic, and only reveals his intentions at the very end of the movie and is then quickly killed by a new villain who appears to be some sort of silly-looking demon. While I do like the way the demon brutally kills two characters, thus setting it up to look scary, it’s a shame that the characters killed didn’t get more time to develop, as it would have seemed more gruesome then.

I also don’t like how every single character shows up at the end, just to remind us that they exist, only to do absolutely nothing of use. We got some cool fighting scenes, but I feel like they were wasted on a poor plot. I would much rather see a movie that focuses on some of the central characters in Naruto and actually shed some spotlight on them.

Looking forward to the next movie though.