AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-20, 15:47   Link #801
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
So those who have completed the game, without spoilers how does this rank with other KEY games. I know the difference in obvious fantasy elements but is the story solid enough?
Honestly, if you're ranking based on other Key games, then I'd have to put this above Kanon but below the rest, maybe slghtly under Little Busters! and AIR. The reason why is that its supposedly pivotal, "true" route leading to the final ending doesn't really feel all Key-like. There is no melancholy of hope like in AIR, or the sensation of loss in Clannad's Birth Chapter. Heck, Refrain blows Terra out the water in terms of emotional impact. I mean, if one judges it on being Key, then it would definitely be that way. I had my prepared box of tissues when I played it, but found that I only used it when wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing too hard at Yoshino gags, Kotori word-plays and the Oppai route.

However, if one judges it as an entirely different category of game story by itself, then the end may have been just right, resolving (most of) the problems, leading up to a decently satisfying conclusion. The heroine routes are fairly well-written, "Key" in that they're unconventional compared to the majority of visual novels. It has subtle, well-covered themes that lend to its depth (imo). What I'm basically trying to say is it's a great game; just don't expect it to be a "Key" game.

Edit: I think the discrepancy in resolution is also a reflection on the change in writer. Not to say that the one who wrote Terra route was inferior, but it wasn't "Key-llike", as in Maeda's handling of Angel Beats!, Refrain, Tomoyo After, Clannad and AIR. If you're familiar with and read the ends of the mentioned titles, you know what I mean. So as one who read Rewrite, I can say that the game story is an altogether different breed from the others.

Kinda offtopic and I know it's been years since it's been released, but is there a Little Busters! discussion in here somewhere?

Further edit to answer something I postulated earlier (regarding the continuity of Moon): I got it! It's an insane theory, but based on what I've mostly read about Aurora and its connection to the planet, it fits! But it's so. . .literally. . . out of this world! I'll say more should more people finish Terra.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-07-21 at 02:53.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 02:21   Link #802
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'm currently on October 27th.
Spoiler for October 26th:

Just a question though: when I get a route done (currently aiming for Kotori's), do I have to read the main trunk all over again for the other endings? I hope not, 'cause it would be... suicidal.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 02:29   Link #803
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'm currently on October 27th.
Spoiler for October 26th:

Just a question though: when I get a route done (currently aiming for Kotori's), do I have to read the main trunk all over again for the other endings? I hope not, 'cause it would be... suicidal.
Yes. Have fun clicking Muppy over and over again!

Unless you saved. There're some particular branch choices that raise flags to punt you into a heroine's route.
Case in point: the scene in which Kotarou answers Akane's questionnaire, after beating the prerequisite heroines' routes, the two other blanked out choices are filled in, and the clues in the routes you beat would hopefully lead you to decide to "change the world" or "change yourself" rather than neither.
Old 2011-07-21, 02:59   Link #804
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Yes. Have fun clicking Muppy over and over again!

Unless you saved. There're some particular branch choices that raise flags to punt you into a heroine's route.
Case in point: the scene in which Kotarou answers Akane's questionnaire, after beating the prerequisite heroines' routes, the two other blanked out choices are filled in, and the clues in the routes you beat would hopefully lead you to decide to "change the world" or "change yourself" rather than neither.
Oh, I see. Luckily I've been saving at every branch as a rule of thumb. Always wondered why some choices were disabled... huh, this is going to be interesting. Thanks.
Old 2011-07-21, 06:55   Link #805
Watanuki-kun

I just wanted to ask again if someone uses the translation programs to play Rewrite and understands and enjoys the game?
I wanted to know if I should or not.
Watanuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 08:38   Link #806
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanuki-kun View Post
I just wanted to ask again if someone uses the translation programs to play Rewrite and understands and enjoys the game?
I wanted to know if I should or not.
As a general rule, any machine translation helper will only help you fill gaps in your own understanding of the Japanese language. If you don't know Japanese from Korean, you probably will get more frustration than fun out of it. And this is true about any VN, not just Rewrite.
Old 2011-07-21, 11:29   Link #807
Jao
panchi~

Alrighty, I finally escaped the common route and on to Kotori.

After hearing so many bad things about the common route, it wasn't actually that bad. Certainly better than Kanon's, and about as good as Clannad's if you head for Kotori/Nagisa end. It was funny and the atmosphere was good. The lack of cgs, though, was a bit disappointing. Hopefully the character routes and true end will make up for that.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 15:19   Link #808
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Alrighty, I finally escaped the common route and on to Kotori.

After hearing so many bad things about the common route, it wasn't actually that bad. Certainly better than Kanon's, and about as good as Clannad's if you head for Kotori/Nagisa end. It was funny and the atmosphere was good. The lack of cgs, though, was a bit disappointing. Hopefully the character routes and true end will make up for that.
It is a staple formula in Key games to have a fun atmosphere, and here it is no different; it makes losing it in the end that much bittersweet. There's also a purpose, and as one reads Moon and Terra epilogue, one will grin and miss the times when the Occult Research Group was just having fun.

Edit: And I don't understand what you mean by the common route being bad. It is a standard in Key games (and most 'ges in general) to have a lively, lighthearted route. Where would Little Busters! be without the idiotic hijinks or Clannad without beating down Sunohara's dignity? If it were all depressing at the start, one would question if this were a Key product in the first place.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-07-22 at 03:33.
Old 2011-07-22, 15:43   Link #809
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Finally entered Kotori route.
Spoiler for Kotori and common route:
Old 2011-07-22, 17:03   Link #810
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Finally entered Kotori route.
Spoiler for Kotori and common route:
Spoiler for Spinning Wheel:

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-07-23 at 02:32.
Old 2011-07-23, 09:18   Link #811
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Do you guys think they will publish an Artbook for this like they did for Little Busters?
Old 2011-07-23, 15:23   Link #812
Juhachi
Uguu~

For anyone who has played the game in full and understands the overall story, would you be willing to add info to the Wikipedia article? A concise story section has to be written, and the character bios have to be filled out to a certain degree, mainly what their characters are like and their relation to the story. Also, any additional gameplay info would be helpful too.
Juhachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 17:06   Link #813
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Gee, I'd love to, except that I wouldn't know how to present the information in a well-written manner. Hopefully, someone more apt can do it, especially now that I've viewed that page and seen a lot of lacking information. (minor characters, descriptions, etc.)
Old 2011-07-23, 18:06   Link #814
SupaPhly

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
long story short...
no one is interested in creating a translation project for this game because the guy who translated many lines from the trial wasn't satisfied with the final game, right?

I know translating a VN (especially at this length) is a long and tedious task, but is there anyone else who will be interested in translating the game?
just curious
SupaPhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 00:37   Link #815
Watanuki-kun

The guy that translated the trial is wrong, I think this game is amazing!!!
And I would like someone to translate it too please
Old 2011-07-24, 04:03   Link #816
Juhachi
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Gee, I'd love to, except that I wouldn't know how to present the information in a well-written manner. Hopefully, someone more apt can do it, especially now that I've viewed that page and seen a lot of lacking information. (minor characters, descriptions, etc.)
You don't have to worry about it being well-written, since other editors, like myself, can edit that later. The main thing is the sheer lack of any real plot and character info. And even if you didn't want to edit the article itself, just drop by my talk page and add it there if you like and I'll incorporate it into the article.
Juhachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 07:54   Link #817
Watanuki-kun

I asked the translating team the translates Steins;Gate whether they will translate Rewrite and they answered me that some of the stuff is playing Rewrite and that they may translate it, but they first want to finish Steins;Gate. If they would translate it I would be very happy (they plan to finish Steins;Gate on Christmas and in one mount they translated a third of the whole game).
So know we just need to wait and hope that they really will translate it...
Old 2011-07-24, 13:50   Link #818
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
As for an art book I would say I'm 100% yes, they will make one. I own all the game art books from Kanon to Little Busters! I just need Little busters! EX. I do not want the Kudwafter one at all thanks...if they do make one XD. So would except to see one in the coming year.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 01:35   Link #819
jda95
Keytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
As for an art book I would say I'm 100% yes, they will make one. I own all the game art books from Kanon to Little Busters! I just need Little busters! EX. I do not want the Kudwafter one at all thanks...if they do make one XD. So would except to see one in the coming year.
OMG, where did you get them?
jda95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 01:55   Link #820
Tomoyo89

Only artbook I own is Itaru Hinoue's White Clover.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel