Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-16, 20:14   Link #981
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpOiLeR
i remember in that episode the director's son was like "i'm ur ally, let's mate and create a new world together". Lucy replied with something like "not with you".

somehow i have a feeling lucy doesn't like her own kind. and in actuality, doesn't want to destroy humanity (but is forced to do so).

I think she prity much hated everyone except Kouta

Oh yes, heres some more info on the DVD

http://miao.us/archives/2004/11/07/339/
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 22:54   Link #982
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Although they do not longer follow the timeline of events at the end of the anime, in the manga

Spoiler:

Someone in a previous post said that Lucy is Lucy whether in the anime or manga version.

However, I tend to disagree. Because right now I'm reading through all the manga and managed to get to see up to volume 9.

I noticed several minor and subtle but significant differences between both versions of her, and believe me they quite made me to tell her apart from the other.

Likely the only reason that I will hate Lucy for is that she always internalized her emotions during the course of the anime. She always contained her inner rage and sadness. The anime portrayed her as a vicious, cold-blooded murderer with psychotic eyes.
I really do not like the way how the anime crew displayed her.

Not even when she apologized to Kouta in the final episode, did Lucy ever bursted in a rage of tears and frustrations crying out loud how did she suffered or whether why she hates people or ever saying, "I hate them".
We never were allowed to witness that side of her, the overly emotional.

In the manga, this is quite obviously different
And now can I understand why dreamless loves the manga version over the anime one.

Obviously in the manga, Lucy is quite up to be an Evil Goddess of carnage and violence. She goes totally postal in such mischievous and brutal ways. Takes advantage of everything or tries to make a winning advantage for her with the most despicable ways.
However, the most important point that I will give her thumbs up than the anime counterpart is that manga Lucy totally let loose of her emotions through her despicable and devilish slaughters and tortures.
In the manga, she's more disturbed and that allows her to freely express her inner disdain and hatred by making all other people surrounding her to feel miserable and then in hell. She's treating people the same way people treated her during her childhood quite obviously 1000 times worse since she has the vectors; she's reliving the scars marked on her from those painful times.
These twisted and devilish nature to the 'nth' power of hers has made me to understand that in her deep, core inside she's totally vulnerable and emotional fragile.

A theory that I conjured up as to why Lucy's totally devilish in the manga whereas in the anime she's cold-blooded is:

1. The other Lucy inside her psyche, the one you meant by the vector personality, merged and/or joined with the weak-willed, little Lucy. Anime version.

2. The vector personality totally engulfed and absorbed little Lucy personality that the only thing remaining of the original Lucy are her feelings for Kouta. Manga version.

And I can prove this with the following:
Spoiler:

If you ask me, I think in the manga, the vector personality is practically under control after switching from Nyu. Whereas in the anime, Lucy contains the vector personality but that does not stops her from killing out cold, however, she just kills right away without torturing her captors and neither she sights or enjoys upon other's suffering.

Another curious detail I could appreciate through observation is that the manga Lucy has two pair of evil eyes. The cold-blooded, psycho eyes (the ones that anime Lucy always shows) and the vengeful, dreaded, devilish eyes (manga version only)
If you're reading the manga, you just have to pay close attention to her face and be slightly scrutinous to tell those eyes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 00:04   Link #983
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Very nice analysis Guido, thumbs up

Seriously, i can't wait til the conclusion of the story. My prediction for Lucy's end is that Kouta will carry out a childhood promise made on the bus. That's just a speculation, because i don't see any possible endings for her except for that. However, happier endings are possible if and onlyif she can somehow come to terms with Kouta, her friends, humanity as a whole, and herself. Who really is Nyu/Lucy? Is she the cute and adorable girl? Or is she a demoness murderer who enjoys watching other people suffer?

And of course, the Director's a pretty interesting character as well. First of all, i have no clue what the hell he did to his daughter. And second, what the hell is he really. Is he intentionally turning Diclonius against humans so that any chances of coexistence are reased? Or is humanity really destinied to be replaced by the Diclonius? Is there anything standing between humanity and the Director's mad plan?

Just an extra thought, i think the anime in a way slaughtered the commando dude's character as well (i forgot his name). In the anime, he is portrayed as a cold-blooded hot head who only cares for himself. In the manga, it shows that he has a soft side just like everyone else, and deep down beneath he is an altruistic hero.
Spoiler:
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 20:55   Link #984
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
can someone give me a site where i can get some not very sexual or hentaish wallpapers for elfen lied.. or perhaps make me one? haha thx pm me if you guys have something
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 22:07   Link #985
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer
can someone give me a site where i can get some not very sexual or hentaish wallpapers for elfen lied.. or perhaps make me one? haha thx pm me if you guys have something

LMAO!!! I dunno....
Old 2004-11-19, 23:48   Link #986
slayer
essense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
LMAO!!! I dunno....

hhahaha i watched the anime and all but when my dad sees desktop O_O .......... i smell trouble
Old 2004-11-20, 00:35   Link #987
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
It's kinda hard to fulfill your request Slayer Well err, you know, the creator seems to draw his female characters nude or almost nude every chance he gets
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 00:51   Link #988
slayer
essense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
It's kinda hard to fulfill your request Slayer Well err, you know, the creator seems to draw his female characters nude or almost nude every chance he gets
ahh no sweat but if u come across some pm me plz

well im not really saying it shouldnt be completely unsexual or hentaish im saying like no random boob poping out of nowhere ahahahah
Old 2004-11-20, 01:00   Link #989
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Quote:
ahh no sweat but if u come across some pm me plz

well im not really saying it shouldnt be completely unsexual or hentaish im saying like no random boob poping out of nowhere ahahahah

I have a picture from the OST Thingy that is not Hentish... Which can be made into a Desktop
Old 2004-11-20, 01:05   Link #990
slayer
essense

email it to me would you plz...

my email is in my profile
Old 2004-11-20, 01:57   Link #991
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Well so far I managed to see the first five episodes . Pretty good anime actually , but it has really only gone deep with one of the characters so far and the rest are at mediocre . Im hoping that answers will come later on right now ...
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 02:05   Link #992
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
email it to me would you plz...

my email is in my profile
Better yet, upload it to http://www.imagehost.org/ and post the link here. That way we can all enjoy this non-nude Elfen Lied scan.

Please!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 02:13   Link #993
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
Just an extra thought, i think the anime in a way slaughtered the commando dude's character as well (i forgot his name). In the anime, he is portrayed as a cold-blooded hot head who only cares for himself. In the manga, it shows that he has a soft side just like everyone else, and deep down beneath he is an altruistic hero.
Well, he was slightly nice to Mayu, and he did clean up that beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker
Well so far I managed to see the first five episodes . Pretty good anime actually , but it has really only gone deep with one of the characters so far and the rest are at mediocre . Im hoping that answers will come later on right now ...
I think you said that solely to het the 1000th post.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:51   Link #994
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

アニメ専門チャンネル。最新作やOVA、劇場版、懐かしの伝説アニメなど、超豪華ラインナップ !

can anyone translate that? seems like an OAV for elfen lied as said in the offical site!

http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/#
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 19:20   Link #995
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This translation is quite possibly to be utterly wrong due that I used Babelfish translator, turning quite inaccurate and imprecise to come up with a literal translation of the kanji.

Quote:
アニメ専門チャンネル。最新作やOVA、劇場版、懐かしの伝説アニメなど、超豪華ラインナップ !
This is a rough and likely incorrect translation:
Quote:
Animation special channel. Super luxurious line-up such as up-to-date work and OVA, theater edition and legendary animation of bosom oak!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 19:23   Link #996
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

That sentence is referring to AT-X having a great catalog of anime.Nothing more.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 22:28   Link #997
slayer
essense

why dont they just make second season of elfen lied......... god damn it they go enough manga there to make a move + a season
Old 2004-11-20, 22:37   Link #998
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Send a message via AIM to SpOiLeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
This translation is quite possibly to be utterly wrong due that I used Babelfish translator, turning quite inaccurate and imprecise to come up with a literal translation of the kanji.

This is a rough and likely incorrect translation:
LOL that is completely off. That's why i never trust babelfish.. even the name sounds "unassuring".
SpOiLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 06:35   Link #999
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Hmmm.... Just watched the first bit of the first ep of elfen lied.... Who was in the control room that opened the doors to let Lucy out of her cage??.... I also noticed everone was dead in the control room too.... WTF?
Old 2004-11-22, 06:49   Link #1000
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
why dont they just make second season of elfen lied......... god damn it they go enough manga there to make a move + a season
The anime ending kinda ruins that plan, they'd need a massive rewrite. Or perhaps an episode_13_v2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver4k
Hmmm.... Just watched the first bit of the first ep of elfen lied.... Who was in the control room that opened the doors to let Lucy out of her cage??.... I also noticed everone was dead in the control room too.... WTF?
Hm don't recall that, I'd have to watch it again. I do remember they were surprised that one of the doors opened while there were no defects. Perhaps the director was behind it?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen