Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 06:31   Link #3461
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
If you're going to follow that line of reasoning, he wouldn't have met anyone in the story, except, maybe Manami. What fun.

Once again, not comparable. You're working off of faulty premises.
She is already the main character. Sure, if in your version of the story she is removed as a main character... then, yeah, I guess. That's not what we're talking about here, though. You might as well say the story would have been vastly different if it was about an 8.0 earthquake. Indeed, but it bears little relevance to the conversation.

Same central role, same consultations, just different circumstances = Same outcome, but far more obvious.
No, we're talking about what would have happened if they weren't siblings but the events of the story remained the same up until volume 11. That gives a very different interpretation of the events.

Same central role, same consultations, just different circumstances = different interpretation, and possibly different outcome in volume 12.

While we're on that topic, why does being the central character automatically imply that said character will be the winner in the end?

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:36   Link #3462
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

This thread moved fast while I was sleeping

Whatever the circumstances of the ending they mended their broken relationship as siblings and have a pseudo relationship as lovers. I choose to believe the familial love is most important to them so the romantic love comes second in my eyes which can mean many things down the road, from eventually cooling off and moving away from it to eventually getting married because it was true love.

Don't hurt me.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:37   Link #3463
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
No, we're talking about what would have happened if they weren't siblings but the events of the story remained the same up until volume 11. That gives a very different interpretation of the events.

Same central role, same consultations, just different circumstances = different interpretation, and possibly different outcome in volume 12.

While we're on that topic, why does being the central character automatically imply that said character will be the winner in the end?

Well,it's kinda a cliche that the central female character is the one who's going to win in the end.Only a handful of RomCom Animes doesn't end with the central character as the winner.

And I think it would be exactly the same outcome if Kirino wasn't his sister.It only would probably be simpler than before because nothing would stand between their relationship.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:39   Link #3464
Wilshere

Assume the following: they are not siblings but lived together as brother and sister when they were young and assume the same story flow,ehh I dont think Kyousuke would last 3 episodes,him defending eroge and stuff lol he will be kicked plus the plot must be different i mean if he discovered her hobby,knowing that they are not real siblings I think its crystal clear that she has ulterior motives,to continue if he really started dating Kuroneko and same events happen,he got dumped,she inspired him and stuff,no this is very unrealistic and this story made that they are siblings and this outcome that we have ,well maybe no one really expected it until maybe by Volume 8 and particularly Volume 11 with the Manami-Kirino secret chat and still we had our doubts cuz they are siblings.
Old 2013-06-14, 06:42   Link #3465
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
This thread moved fast while I was sleeping

Whatever the circumstances of the ending they mended their broken relationship as siblings and have a pseudo relationship as lovers. I choose to believe the familial love is most important to them so the romantic love comes second in my eyes which can mean many things down the road, from eventually cooling off and moving away from it to eventually getting married because it was true love.

Don't hurt me.
HIT!

If he was adopted, I'm sure that you wouldn't say that they love like siblings more than lovers, so... Why? They would grow up in the same roof like siblings but how they aren't blood related, all is good with their love, isn't it?.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:47   Link #3466
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Assume the following: they are not siblings but lived together as brother and sister when they were young and assume the same story flow,ehh I dont think Kyousuke would last 3 episodes,him defending eroge and stuff lol he will be kicked plus the plot must be different i mean if he discovered her hobby,knowing that they are not real siblings I think its crystal clear that she has ulterior motives,to continue if he really started dating Kuroneko and same events happen,he got dumped,she inspired him and stuff,no this is very unrealistic and this story made that they are siblings and this outcome that we have ,well maybe no one really expected it until maybe by Volume 8 and particularly Volume 11 with the Manami-Kirino secret chat and still we had our doubts cuz they are siblings.
Yes, of course the story would change. If Kirino and Kyousuke weren't biological or even legal siblings, the story would probably have ended in 3 volumes maximum .

My earlier post was the follow-up of an unrelated point stemming from an earlier convoluted discussion about red herrings that has spanned a number of pages. This somehow led to a hypothetical case of how the interpretation of the story would change if they weren't siblings but the events of the story somehow did not change. In this case, if the sibling barrier didn't exist and yet the story somehow extended all the way to Volume 11, then the interpretation and ending would most likely have to be revised.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:50   Link #3467
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

I don't subscribe to the "just because we aren't related makes it okay" opinion. When you grow up with someone real family or not it has a special meaning to most people. My brother is adopted but I never thought "oh he's not really family so it makes it okay to do such and such"(since he's not an imouto it's hard to come up with something that would be inappropriate for me to do with him lol)

The not related card is mainly used to skirt around the issue of incest since they can't allow stuff like that on japanese TV as I understand it from past posts in this thread.

Edit: I'm not saying I can't enjoy stories like that I just have a different outlook on that perception in real life, and since I like Oreimo so much I hold it closer to my personal standards. That's not the case with just every other anime that has the same themes.
Old 2013-06-14, 06:54   Link #3468
Wilshere

Quote:
I don't subscribe to the "just because we aren't related makes it okay" opinion. When you grow up with someone real family or not it has a special meaning to most people. My brother is adopted but I never thought "oh he's not really family so it makes it okay to do such and such"(since he's not an imouto it's hard to come up with something that would be inappropriate for me to do with him lol)

The not related card is mainly used to skirt around the issue of incest since they can't allow stuff like that on japanese TV as I understand it from past posts in this thread.
So you think that they might play the non-blood related thingy for this anime at the end???
Old 2013-06-14, 06:55   Link #3469
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:

But the point is that Kirino and Kyousuke didn't grow up like normal siblings would have (blood related or not).Their relationship stopped for like 3 years.They become strangers and Kirino couldn't grow out of her love like a normal sister would do after a span of time.That's the main reason why the most people think (me,too) they will continue their "love affair".They are more than normal siblings now and they can't get back to be normal siblings again.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:02   Link #3470
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
But the point is that Kirino and Kyousuke didn't grow up like normal siblings would have (blood related or not).Their relationship stopped for like 3 years.They become strangers and Kirino couldn't grow out of her love like a normal sister would do after a span of time.That's the main reason why the most people think (me,too) they will continue their "love affair".They are more than normal siblings now and they can't get back to be normal siblings again.
This is correct, she couldn't grow out of love and it morphed into a different kind of love. However there isn't anything saying that now reconnected they wont start cancel some of those romantic feelings out and familial love will remain intact while the romantic will lessen as the reconnect. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to say that "can't go back to normal siblings" they aren't really normal to begin with but normal doesn't mean there isn't still romantic feelings there they can just choose to not pursue it any further.

Quote:
So you think that they might play the non-blood related thingy for this anime at the end???
They don't have to since it will be streamed. I have no clue how it's going to play out. Hopefully it gives stronger clues as to where the story goes at the end since the LN it's hard to judge.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:05   Link #3471
seangel92

Quote:

You are you but other people could have a different opinion like people that grow in the same roof but they aren't blood related and in a certain moment they discover that they love each other. That is no your case but that don't make that the other people is wrong and it's is bad.

This is my first incest history and I have discovered that I don't care about a love history with a incest without depravity like Oreimo. Oreimo is still better than Twilight.

Quote:
Their relationship stopped for like 10 years.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:09   Link #3472
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
This is correct, she couldn't grow out of love and it morphed into a different kind of love. However there isn't anything saying that now reconnected they wont start cancel some of those romantic feelings out and familial love will remain intact while the romantic will lessen as the reconnect. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to say that "can't go back to normal siblings" they aren't really normal to begin with but normal doesn't mean there isn't still romantic feelings there they can just choose to not pursue it any further.

The don't have to since it will be streamed. I have no clue how it's going to play out. Hopefully it gives stronger clues as to where the story goes at the end since the LN it's hard to judge.
True,your interpretation is legit,too.I'm just trying to say that more people choose the romantical love ending over the family love ending,because the whole story is full of evidence that they can't go back to be normal siblings and that they love each other in a romantical way.But that's just how the most people are interpretating it.You have to choose for yourself which ending you prefer,because that's the whole point in this ambiguous ending.

EDIT:

Quote:
Their relationship stopped for like 10 years.
Not quite right.10 years ago their relationship began to crumble,but 3 years ago it stopped completely.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:11   Link #3473
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
You are you but other people could have a different opinion like people that grow in the same roof but they aren't blood related and in a certain moment they discover that they love each other. That is no your case but that don't make that the other people is wrong and it's is bad.
Never said it was wrong or bad, in fact it technically isn't either because even though you are family you are not related so if anything it is a reasonable way to conclude incest themed stories. It's just my morality I guess that growing up and loving my little sister(real one) I can barely manage to do that. Putting an extra layer of romantic love there even if she wasn't related to me is just too much work.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:11   Link #3474
Wilshere

Quote:
Why would he use his wish for a kiss??? I think if there is nothing behind it he couldve used it for maybe a friendly hug or something but not a KISS!!! Return to being ''Normal Siblings'' my *** .
Old 2013-06-14, 07:17   Link #3475
seangel92

Quote:
True,your interpretation is legit,too.I'm just trying to say that more people choose the romantical love ending over the family love ending,because the whole story is full of evidence that they can't go back to be normal siblings and that they love each other in a romantical way.But that's just how the most people are interpretating it.You have to choose for yourself which ending you prefer,because that's the whole point in this ambiguous ending.
Yes, Fushimi gave us a romantic history between two siblings with an ambiguous ending. If you want that they pursue their love history, take it, Fushimi gave us a lot of hints and history to make us think that they will be together in a romantic way. If you are against incest, you can think that they gonna go to a normal siblings way.

Do you want it? take it but the love history ending is there with a lot more evidences than the others endings.

Quote:
Never said it was wrong or bad, in fact it technically isn't either because even though you are family you are not related so if anything it is a reasonable way to conclude incest themed stories. It's just my morality I guess that growing up and loving my little sister(real one) I can barely manage to do that. Putting an extra layer of romantic love there even if she wasn't related to me is just too much work.
I haven't a incest in my life and I don't want it but If someone have it and they are in love, I can't complain, I am liberal and they don't hurt anyone, why do I have to intervene in their love history?
Old 2013-06-14, 07:22   Link #3476
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Do you want it? take it but the love history ending is there with a lot more evidences than the others endings.
That's not really fair, you just choose to view and interpret things differently so there is confirmation bias. That's the issue with interpretations, people can interpret things differently when intent of some situations or events are not clear. The author intentionally minces his words to make things have a double meaning often so it's not as though people are "just" seeing what they want in some things but it is his goal to make many things ambiguous.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:22   Link #3477
ExXentriK

Quote:
Why would he use his wish for a kiss??? I think if there is nothing behind it he couldve used it for maybe a friendly hug or something but not a KISS!!! Return to being ''Normal Siblings'' my *** .
What frustrates me the most here is that we don't know what kind of kiss it was. It could have been just a tender kiss on the cheek(Kirino would get full tsun for less than that) or a real kiss like the one during the mock wedding. I hope the animated version will illustrate this moment.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:25   Link #3478
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Looks at the Kirino avatars...

Kirino attacking Kirino...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:26   Link #3479
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post
What frustrates me the most here is that we don't know what kind of kiss it was. It could have been just a tender kiss on the cheek(Kirino would get full tsun for less than that) or a real kiss like the one during the mock wedding. I hope the animated version will illustrate this moment.
Well it did say he ''surprised'' her with a kiss,so I believe its a lip-to-lip contact.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:28   Link #3480
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post
That would be nice to see, that would make the authors intent more clear.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings