AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2015-03-04, 12:01   Link #1041
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's specifically stated to be canon, so it's not an alternate universe. They just forgot about Gohan again. And since they already updated it once to have his SSJ be flashier, I doubt they're going to remove it.
Well, even when they forgot about it in Battle of the Gods and redrew it with him using his Mystic Form, they still had him using SSJ near the end to help Goku reach the god state.

So...I guess its established that he can go SSJ if he wants to...it's just that you'd imagine SSJ would actually be the weaker transformation compared to unleashing all of his innate potential.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 13:19   Link #1042
GDB

No, they just forgot to fix it in the ritual. Or felt it was too much work. After all, it's not like the ritual required certain levels of power (not that this would matter since he doesn't gain anything from SSJ since he has Mystic) or even Super Saiyans, since they used the unborn fetus of Pan to get the requisite 6th Saiyan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 13:56   Link #1043
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What do you guys want their new forms to look like? some over blown retarded forms like SSJ6 crap? .. Pff yea that'd look greeaaat...
For Frieza? Hell yeah. Look at all of his other transformations, a color palette swap is not only underwhelming, but is just plain uncreative. I'd have loved it if they put to use some combination of his third and final form. The third form was the stuff of nightmares and was way underused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
So...I guess its established that he can go SSJ if he wants to...it's just that you'd imagine SSJ would actually be the weaker transformation compared to unleashing all of his innate potential.
I used to think that SSJ was an amplification of a Saiyan's existing power, so a SSJ Mystic Gohan would be as powerful, if not more powerful than, a SSJ3. Now, I'm not even sure anymore.
Old 2015-03-04, 14:15   Link #1044
GDB

Don't get me wrong, I hate the new look, but it's coined as an "evolution", not a "form". That's why it doesn't really look different beyond the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
I used to think that SSJ was an amplification of a Saiyan's existing power, so a SSJ Mystic Gohan would be as powerful, if not more powerful than, a SSJ3. Now, I'm not even sure anymore.
Mystic Gohan was always stronger than SSJ3. And the Elder Kai clearly said there was no point to going Super Saiyan for him, because it wouldn't make him any stronger. Mystic is literally the most powerful he can get (presumably he'd be stronger with God Ki, but that wasn't a thing at the time). All going Super Saiyan would do is put unnecessary strain on his body and a bit of power drain, with the benefit being... gold hair. No power boost.
Old 2015-03-04, 15:28   Link #1045
Saravis4

Quote:
Mystic Gohan was always stronger than SSJ3. And the Elder Kai clearly said there was no point to going Super Saiyan for him, because it wouldn't make him any stronger. Mystic is literally the most powerful he can get (presumably he'd be stronger with God Ki, but that wasn't a thing at the time). All going Super Saiyan would do is put unnecessary strain on his body and a bit of power drain, with the benefit being... gold hair. No power boost.
I never really put any confidence in any claims of finality or impossibility in the world of DBZ. Once upon a time, SSJ1 was just SSJ and West Kai, who was just Kai at the time, said Goku couldn't beat Frieza. If the series had continued and Gohan was to remain relevant, he would have needed to grow stronger. Hell if the Buu saga was to be about Gohan that claim would have existed to serve as a shock for when Gohan goes beyond Mystic Form, like when Goku went SSJ or when Gohan went ASSJ.
Old 2015-03-04, 16:48   Link #1046
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
For Frieza? Hell yeah. Look at all of his other transformations, a color palette swap is not only underwhelming, but is just plain uncreative. I'd have loved it if they put to use some combination of his third and final form. The third form was the stuff of nightmares and was way underused.

Yea, Frieza's is meh. But I find SSJGod perfectly fine. I was expecting just normal goku with a different aura. I was DREADING the thought of some overblown garbage like SSJ6.
Old 2015-03-04, 17:45   Link #1047
GDB

I was never against the design of SSJ God, only the stupid name.
Old 2015-03-04, 21:20   Link #1048
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea, Frieza's is meh. But I find SSJGod perfectly fine. I was expecting just normal goku with a different aura. I was DREADING the thought of some overblown garbage like SSJ6.
As absurd as SSJ4 or 6 or 69 looked, it did bring back something that had been abandoned rather quickly in the beginning; the Oozaru form. Strange that a form that was so integral to the Saiyajins never really played a role beyond the first arc.
Old 2015-03-04, 22:58   Link #1049
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
As absurd as SSJ4 or 6 or 69 looked, it did bring back something that had been abandoned rather quickly in the beginning; the Oozaru form. Strange that a form that was so integral to the Saiyajins never really played a role beyond the first arc.
It seemed to be that removing one's tail and focusing on becoming stronger in the humanoid form is a prerequisite to becoming SSJ, though. At least in the original canon it did... that Bardock movie screwed that up. As I've repeatedly said, these DBZ revival movies and OVAs just aren't as "tight" plot-wise than the old stuff. At least the fights are good...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 23:55   Link #1050
GDB

Well, the Episode of Bardock was bad in multiple ways, mostly how he just randomly goes back in time. Why? Because why not.
Old 2015-03-05, 00:43   Link #1051
The Green One

Well this is what happens when a series just doesn't have the decency to roll over and die. Everything that was once important just becomes kind of meaningless as they pull random ideas out of their butt to try to push things further. This was a good series I thoroughly enjoyed but it's past it's prime and it knows it. It should of ended years ago.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 01:10   Link #1052
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well... on the bright side... atleast "F" by Maximum The Hormone is getting some use with this movie...

I mean, considering how old the song is, I was really surprised to see it used in that trailer.
Old 2015-03-05, 12:12   Link #1053
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
After seeing that trailer, not sure what to say. Other than, did Gohan who should pretty well be the most powerful character get knocked out by a Freeza lackey?

Plus I'm not even sure why Freeza really needs to go after Goku. Didn't the trailer even make a point that Trunks is the one who chopped him into pieces and killed him? Shouldn't he be looking into time travel so he can settle that score?

Oh well, the freeza song was funny to have in there. Very fitting.
Old 2015-03-05, 13:13   Link #1054
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well... on the bright side... atleast "F" by Maximum The Hormone is getting some use with this movie...

I mean, considering how old the song is, I was really surprised to see it used in that trailer.
Rumor is that song is actually what inspired Toriyama to reuse Frieza again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
After seeing that trailer, not sure what to say. Other than, did Gohan who should pretty well be the most powerful character get knocked out by a Freeza lackey?
Unfortunately, it appears so. They really need to do a proper explanation for it too. "Being rusty" is no excuse.

Quote:
Plus I'm not even sure why Freeza really needs to go after Goku. Didn't the trailer even make a point that Trunks is the one who chopped him into pieces and killed him? Shouldn't he be looking into time travel so he can settle that score?
He wants both. As far as he knows, both are also on Earth. He wants Goku dead even more than Trunks since Goku humiliated him in his defeat, while Trunks was just a swift and efficient kill.
Old 2015-03-05, 13:24   Link #1055
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
He doesn't know Trunks' name, much less that he was from the future. He'll just kill whoever he gets his hands on. The first chapter of the manga revealed he is indeed planning planning to kill the two super saiyans he met. He will most likely mistake present Trunks with his future incarnation. He should have grown up a bit by now. Given that he and Goten aren't in any trailers or images, I'm pretty sure they're finally going to age them.
Old 2015-03-05, 13:34   Link #1056
Robotech Master

I don't know what the explanation will be, but it looks like Freeza is going to recruit/train a couple of elites or something. That red guy is shown beating up Piccolo a bit, which by itself is already far more impressive than what any general Freeza goon is usually capable of, given how much stronger Piccolo is compared to Captain Ginyu.

Sorbet seems more like a Thinker than a fighter, so maybe he uses some kind of technology during the invasion to weaken Earth's fighters.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 13:57   Link #1057
GDB

Quote:
I don't know what the explanation will be, but it looks like Freeza is going to recruit/train a couple of elites or something. That red guy is shown beating up Piccolo a bit, which by itself is already far more impressive than what any general Freeza goon is usually capable of, given how much stronger Piccolo is compared to Captain Ginyu.
It's more impressive than what Frieza is usually capable of, given that Piccolo by this point is at least as strong as Stage 2 Cell, if not as strong as Vegeta when he clobbered Stage 2 Cell.

Quote:
Sorbet seems more like a Thinker than a fighter, so maybe he uses some kind of technology during the invasion to weaken Earth's fighters.
Probably. He has that ominous ring in the trailer.
Old 2015-03-05, 17:18   Link #1058
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:

Oh well, the freeza song was funny to have in there. Very fitting.
Did you see the One Piece / Dragon Ball Z / Toriko special? Whenever the abridged series gets to these episodes or films they should do a count on how many times Gohan gets trashed or made fun of by Z people like what they did with Krillin or Yamcha.

This is just getting sad, GT is one thing but now it's just getting ridiculous ><

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 19:13   Link #1059
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
SSJG is better than this

http://o12.metroflog.com/271/55/3/44...BBOONLYFCV.jpg

XD
Old 2015-03-05, 21:38   Link #1060
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Rumor is that song is actually what inspired Toriyama to reuse Frieza again.
"Rumor"?

He said it himself.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote