AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-05, 17:52   Link #141
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Or if he had been abused.
I do't really believe that, from my experience in schools and kindergarten abused childs which are younger than 6 act differently. Most of the times it ends up in trauma which...should I really get into that?
While ther prospect is msybe fun for Fanficiton or something.
Old 2009-12-05, 17:52   Link #142
kanonsgurl321
Kanon-kun's greatest fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Well there is no need for him to have a tragic past at all. Being an oprhan could be enough and there are even people who arejust like that.
I disagree. If you think that then you haven't analyzed him enough: he's clearly afraid to open his heart to others. He was probably beaten or mistreated everyday in that orphanage (not to mention that it was Kinzo's orphanage, and we all know how much Kinzo cares about others).

Quote:
also I don't see much similairites with Lulu. Lulu is completly different character wise and from the appearance at all.
Wrong. You want an example? His affection for Shannon is really similar to what Lelouch felt for Nunnaly. And I've already explained that it's really easy to relate to both because they're well-developed characters.

Quote:
(in a magic scene but who cares about the details ) Both cut from the anime
What? Details do count, especially if you're talking of a fantasy scene: everybody knows fantasy scenes are only a deception to confuse Battler. They're part of Beatrice's plan to kill him and his family.

I agree that the anime left out a lot. Jessica and Kanon got so little screentime... while Beatrice got a lot (grrrrrr). T___T *doesn't like sadistic characters*
Old 2009-12-05, 17:58   Link #143
Chishio no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonsgurl321 View Post
I disagree. If you think that then you haven't analyzed him enough: he's clearly afraid to open his heart to others. He was probably beaten or mistreated everyday in that orphanage (not to mention that it was Kinzo's orphanage, and we all know how much Kinzo cares about others).

Wrong. You want an example? His affection for Shannon is really similar to what Lelouch felt for Nunnaly. And I've already explained that it's really easy to relate to both because they're well-developed characters.

The thing is, abused kids normally get scared of the people that hit them. Kanon isn't scared of Kinzo, therefore I don't think that Kinzo abused him. Not to mention, did Kinzo ever leave Rokkenjima long enough to do so?

I don't think Kanon is like Lelouch. There is similarities, but I think he is more like a different character, Cain, from Godchild.
Old 2009-12-05, 18:13   Link #144
kanonsgurl321
Kanon-kun's greatest fan!

@ Chishio no Hana: No, Kanon isn't like Cain at all. Cain is really apathetic, treats people as toys, etc. Kanon would never do that. Cain is also a womanizer, while Kanon... is a bit cold in that regard.

Try to analyze Lulu and Kanon better: if you do you'll see I'm right. And about Kinzo, why, do you think that someone like him never did anything to Kanon or Shannon? Just look at how he treats his own children! I mean, look at the latest episodes! You have to look at the story objectively, not thinking of what you'd like to be true.

@ Kitsu: Oh, so you are one of those that look down on anime watchers?
Old 2009-12-05, 18:20   Link #145
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonsgurl321 View Post
@ Kitsu: Oh, so you are one of those that look down on anime watchers?
No one looks down on anime watchers, but it's true that you know much more of Kanon if you played the VN, since DEEN cut a lot. o_o"

I don't think Kinzo would ever slap his own furniture. LOL.
Kanon just cares a lot about his sister - but he isn't really like Lulu at all.

Maybe you should buy the VN, then you can criticize Kanon better.

[... Why am I even posting in this thread, lol. I don't even like Kanon so much...]
Old 2009-12-05, 18:50   Link #146
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

My opinion of Kanon...since I'm an anime watcher only I guess he's never really made an impact on me. He's just kinda there as a servant and Jessica's love interest. And that emo air he gives off is so cliche it can be annoying.

And I resent him for using a billhook in Legend of the Golden Witch.

Back off fella, only Rena can make that awesome. >=T

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2009-12-05 at 20:48. Reason: removed the offtopic portion
Old 2009-12-05, 20:27   Link #147
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I have no frigging idea what was going on lately, but I think everyone should... no, must read again the leading post of such thread. I really want to press to this very specific paragraph:
Quote:
Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
There is a topic at hand, so please stick with it.
Furthermore, I clearly indicated that it isn't only for fans of the character, but also welcome to "detractors" alike, so long the discussion remains civil. Any childish behavior similar to what has occured will just be a ticket for "my" golden land. I hope it is clear.
Old 2009-12-05, 20:51   Link #148
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Any childish behavior similar to what has occured will just be a ticket for "my" golden land.
Thanks for cleaning up the thread.

However, that reminded me of Kanon's comment "You're supposed to have all your wishes granted if you reach the Golden Land, but that sounds like a lie".

Kanon, Shannon, and Maria always talk about reaching the golden land.
-Are they just misinterpreting the epitaph?
-Is it just wishful thinking?
-Did someone actually promise them that the golden land is reachable?

Kanon's comment seems to imply that he has doubts about the golden land. In my opinion, all three of the above mentioned possibilites apply.
Old 2009-12-05, 20:56   Link #149
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead

Hmm, well Kanon and Shannon also talk about "in the last episode they didn't make it to the golden land" etc.
Shannon also said she was there already, so no one had to promise her that it is reachable right? Even so Kanon said something about being promised if I'm not mistaken ...
It's late over here, so sorry if I understood something wrong.
Old 2009-12-05, 23:15   Link #150
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

About the Lelouch Kanon debate I think the major difference between them is confidence, there's an abyss. Lelouch believes he can get everything he wants up to dethroning the man who is practically governing half of the world (and on the process to take over the other half). Kanon believes he's just furniture and that fate cannot be defied.

Quote:
-Are they just misinterpreting the epitaph?
-Is it just wishful thinking?
-Did someone actually promise them that the golden land is reachable?
About the last question, it looks like Kanon even doubts that the golden land exists. I think that what really wants to avoid by letting Shannon reach the golden land is for her to die miserably as a sacrifice. Maybe he thinks that not being chosen as a sacrifice = staying alive. Or that at the very least some kind of reward will be granted. Ep4 made clear that he doesn't know what the golden land is, but he still thinks that it is better than die.

Old 2009-12-09, 21:56   Link #151
TheComedian

This has probably been said a billion times before, but he reminds me of Satoshi Hojou.
Old 2009-12-09, 21:58   Link #152
Chishio no Hana

it's never said actually, but I agree completely.
Old 2009-12-09, 23:50   Link #153
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
This has probably been said a billion times before, but he reminds me of Satoshi Hojou.

Because both are voiced by the same seiyuu. Also because other factors... Yep, you could dye Kanon's hair and present him to Shion and she wouldn't notice the difference.
Old 2009-12-10, 00:32   Link #154
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
I...don't really see it. Personality nor looks wise.
Old 2009-12-10, 01:19   Link #155
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Me either... Unbiased even though I didn't particularly like Satoshi but I LOOOOOOOVE Kanon ^^ <3
Old 2009-12-10, 14:47   Link #156
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I don't see it either. I love Satoshi and don't like Kanon at all.

Old 2009-12-13, 05:34   Link #157
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Kanon reminds me of someone...but cant figure out who 0.0 ....
....... damn...... *thinks hard* .......
well anyway, maybe he&Sayo where stray's before they came into the orphanage?
or Kanon was bullied by other people because he is short or he get bullied because when he opens his heart he is emotional?
Old 2009-12-25, 19:07   Link #158
Symphie
Quit. :)

AWAKEN! THE FURNITURE THREAD!

I agree with Dlanor, that's at least how i see it too... but who knows what Ryukishi is planning RIGHT NOW about it. D:<

Btw.... i have a question about Kanon in...

Spoiler for EP5.:

but anyways. I remember in EP3 (at least i think it was) Where Beato said something like that Kanon cried on his pillow or something... xDDD i wonder if its true... *snort* How cute if it is true.... XDDDDD Gotta love that emotional furniture.

If possible, please delete this account.
Old 2009-12-25, 19:16   Link #159
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
but anyways. I remember in EP3 (at least i think it was) Where Beato said something like that Kanon cried on his pillow or something... xDDD i wonder if its true... *snort* How cute if it is true.... XDDDDD Gotta love that emotional furniture.
Wasn't his cry fit in Ep 2 enough?

About your question. He hadn't had any great reaction. Subtle emo-ness at some part but thats normal for him I guess.
Old 2009-12-25, 19:22   Link #160
Symphie
Quit. :)

Quote:
Wasn't his cry fit in Ep 2 enough?

About your question. He hadn't had any great reaction. Subtle emo-ness at some part but thats normal for him I guess.
Symphie has a Kanon crying fetish, so its not enough!

Oh..... D: and here i hoped for some.... RAGE MODE. >:

I wonder why DEEN changed the shape of Kanon's sword.

It looks like a SPACESHIP in the anime .________________. is it just me who thinks that?

If possible, please delete this account.
Closed Thread