AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 46 71.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-20, 19:33   Link #61
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I am pretty sure it was at some point mentioned in CMs or so that the UBW RM actually also makes the user stronger. The episode clearly depicted that. I mean compare Shirou's movements in EP23 to the ones he showed in this episode.

Also to note is that he can control all his swords... and remember the line "My body is made of swords", so he can perhaps "control himself like a sword" inside the RM, making him able to become servant level. Though while it's "servant level" someone skilled with their weapons would beat him anyway, unless he happens to have a NP that works well as a counter to that particular servant. And that is the one downside Shirou/Archer have compared to Gil aside from Enkindu/Ea: They have way less NPs stored compared to him. So in short in theory, if Shirou/Archer analyzed all NPs that are egliable for tracing, they could come close in OPness to Gil, as long as they have a proper mana supply like Rin.
Old 2015-06-20, 19:35   Link #62
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post

I did like UfoTable showed how Gil hesitated when reaching for Ea which resulted in his loss, much like how Archer hesitated in giving the final blow against Shirou, resulting in his loss too. Seems like Shirou is winning solely on dumb luck against all his opponents
well it was less about luck and more about even when faced with a deciding blown from shirou, Gil didn't want to acknowledge a dog as someone who was a equal to him a king. it all comes down to Gil not accepting shirou as a threat until he lost his arm. Gil seem to only like to accept other kings as equals
Old 2015-06-20, 19:48   Link #63
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
he's actually a pretty decent fighter, He freaking tied with Enkidu in wrestling (considering Enkidu has berserker level strength, that's something). Not to mention Gil killed the Bull of Heaven. What they were trying to explain is that Gilgamesh never perfected any of the NP in his vault. The only ones he mastered were Ea and Enkidu. So this fight seemed a lil eh in how could Shirou match Gil in swordplay.

I did like UfoTable showed how Gil hesitated when reaching for Ea which resulted in his loss, much like how Archer hesitated in giving the final blow against Shirou, resulting in his loss too. Seems like Shirou is winning solely on dumb luck against all his opponents
He did promise that he wouldn't take him seriously at all.

Thus, I learnt how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
Gil seem to only like to accept other kings as equals
Except Saber.
Old 2015-06-20, 20:33   Link #64
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Both Gilgamesh and Iskander felt Arturia to be unworthy of kingship, so of course Gilgamesh won't see her as an equal.
Old 2015-06-20, 21:08   Link #65
HandofFate

very flashy fight.
finally an animated Unlimited Blade Works with different looking swords in it rather than just the same exact single one.
Old 2015-06-20, 21:21   Link #66
Rava

Definitely a really great episode.

For some reason, Saber struggling to hold in her blast struck me as really funny.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 22:40   Link #67
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Everybody's talking about Shirou's "enough weapons" line in this episode, but I don't even think that was the best line of the episode:
Quote:
"Hmph... Do so if you wish, but step to the right first."
Old 2015-06-20, 23:14   Link #68
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

This does not match the VNs description one bit (constantly stopping Gilgamesh from ever unleashing his weapons before they fire with his own, forcing Gilgamesh to clash his sword against Shirou's at the worst possible angle and timing so they simultaneously break etc), and it even felt anti-climatic. The movie did both Archer-Shirou's fight and Shirou-Gilgamesh's fight much better than this...
Old 2015-06-20, 23:16   Link #69
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

The bullsh!t lvl on this one was over 9000.. I'm surprised the 21 votes went to freaking 'Perfect', not 1.. Never have I seen such a strong plot no Jutsu... Betrays the whole anime, the VNs be damned.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 00:03   Link #70
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
This does not match the VNs description one bit (constantly stopping Gilgamesh from ever unleashing his weapons before they fire with his own, forcing Gilgamesh to clash his sword against Shirou's at the worst possible angle and timing so they simultaneously break etc), and it even felt anti-climatic. The movie did both Archer-Shirou's fight and Shirou-Gilgamesh's fight much better than this...
You mean the DEEN Shirou vs Archer fight where Shirou simply physically "wins" against Archer as Shirou was stronger than his own future heroic spirit form, with the battle having exactly nothing to do with the themes of the fight in the slightest?

You mean the DEEN Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight where UBW is a brainwashing machine that forces Gilgamesh not to use his swordspam and instead engage in melee with Shirou? Also Shirou picks up Caliburn... and then fights the whole battle with that one sword aside from the Ea segment...?

So much better!
Old 2015-06-21, 01:13   Link #71
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
The bullsh!t lvl on this one was over 9000.. I'm surprised the 21 votes went to freaking 'Perfect', not 1.. Never have I seen such a strong plot no Jutsu... Betrays the whole anime, the VNs be damned.
How so? Care to explain please.
Old 2015-06-21, 02:34   Link #72
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

er...how did archer live until this episode? I was pretty sure hes dead few ep ago.
Old 2015-06-21, 03:11   Link #73
Ritzu07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Here is the short version of how Independent Action works:

For some reason Nasu says this ability is what made Archer survive Gilgamesh attack and stay in the world until the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
It's one skill of the Archer Class servant

Independent Action (単独行動, Tandoku Kōdō?, localized as Independence) is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's prana supply, the Master can concentrate their own prana on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply prana due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them by utilizing Command Spells.

ah i see its a skill in the game so thats why i didnt know about it.. thanks for answering my question guys....
Ritzu07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 03:26   Link #74
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Unless you give us further criticism and detailed constructive explanation, I will be forced to acknowledge that you're simply a hater who is in denial that Gilgamesh lost.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 04:16   Link #75
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
In the movie, Gilgamesh forget how to use Gate of Babylon and run to Shirou.
Rin sacrified her magic crest for Shirou to use ubw, Shirou use mana to do ubw then "yolo, I don't care" and Shirou use ubw for nothing and run against Gilgamesh.
Then "ONORE ONORE X20"

Anyways, I love this part "the moment I lose is the moment I take you seriously"
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 04:22   Link #76
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Well, care to enlighten us what needs to make it look 'perfect'?

I personally think that the Ufotable version of Shirou vs Gil was amazingly well done, and plausibly balanced. Besides, it also did a good job at compromising Gil's main weakness.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 04:36   Link #77
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

A lot of people do not understand why Gilgamesh lost. Maybe if they paid attention they would but nope, they have to be screaming "Dues-Ex-Machina" and at that point I have to defend something that I love.

Gilgamesh can wipe out Shirou in mere seconds, the reason he doesn't do it is because he doesn't acknowledged him as an equal. He says it in the previous episode that he will lose when he actually fights seriously with Shirou. He will lose his face, his honor as a king and his status.

And this moment right here, this brilliant form of visual storytelling of 1-2 seconds tells you everything you need to know why Gilgamesh lost. Shirou's UBW is the perfect counter-attack of GoB but Gilgamesh couldn't accept this but he was forced to take out EA. But he does not want to use his most special weapon against someone like Shirou. This conflict of wether to use it or not is done in this split second and it's this hesitation that kills him. This is perfectly in-character for Gilgamesh and there is no "lazy" writing what-so-ever.

So, before anyone wants to act like critics, I advise them to watch the show they want to criticize thoroughly. There's a reason they animated Gilgamesh hesitating. :/
Old 2015-06-21, 04:43   Link #78
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

At least, it made sense in the original version. With F/Z retcon, why he jumped straight to Ea, his most bestest and prized possession, when he most definitely have other non-bladed weapons in his arsenal to blast Shirou with is rather mucky. Right tool for the job, it is not.
Old 2015-06-21, 04:45   Link #79
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
With F/Z retcon, why he jumped straight to Ea, his most bestest and prized possession, when he most definitely have other non-bladed weapons in his arsenal to blast Shirou with is rather mucky. Right tool for the job, it is not.
Swords are useless against Shirou's UBW, the only thing he has left is Enkidu and EA.
Old 2015-06-21, 04:47   Link #80
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Swords are useless against Shirou's UBW, the only thing he has left is Enkidu and EA.
He has a freaking UFO, remember? If he has UFO who knows what else is in there. Some people even said that it's not a stretch for him to have some type of Nuke.