AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-16, 11:27   Link #13761
Mad Dog
Banned

If iwas able to post support pics again in the K.Saimoe then matters would be different.
Old 2007-11-16, 11:35   Link #13762
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Based on the support material, It's not looking good for poor Fate-chan. Support material doesn't always conclude the winner, but shes pretty far behind in that respect. Mai however, is being completely dominated by Haruhi Support, It's almost too disheartening to look at. I fear for the results when I wake up tommorow. SHnY popularity is just too much for characters of not very well known series and they had to make it worse by throwing the Yuki/Haruhi combo their way. Even if Fate-chan is a juggernaut, I'm starting to think that it won't be enough to upset Yuki... and Mai is just being used as fuel to the fire.
Do not sound so depressed when the results are not out yet >_O

I am SHny supporters but i voted for Fates because just like Psieyes said, S1 of Haruhi Suzumiya probably do not have enough material supporting for Yuki compare with Fates, if we judge it fairly . Most ppl refused to read novels at this states also xD

Still, have to wait 20 hours for the results
Old 2007-11-16, 11:40   Link #13763
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
If I vote Mai, I will vote Yuki. If I vote Fate, I will vote Haruhi. This is the matches where I dont mind who win, but will be sad for the losers.
Old 2007-11-16, 11:40   Link #13764
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Based on the support material, It's not looking good for poor Fate-chan. Support material doesn't always conclude the winner, but shes pretty far behind in that respect. Mai however, is being completely dominated by Haruhi Support, It's almost too disheartening to look at. I fear for the results when I wake up tommorow. SHnY popularity is just too much for characters of not very well known series and they had to make it worse by throwing the Yuki/Haruhi combo their way. Even if Fate-chan is a juggernaut, I'm starting to think that it won't be enough to upset Yuki... and Mai is just being used as fuel to the fire.
Well, a positive attitude is needed in these situations. Stop thinking it won't be enough.
SoS girls are strong but not undefeatable. Mikuru was defeated by Maria, and Fate is just as strong as Maria.

Support mp3 and images for Fate:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/c791eccd-3...-wonders-(Full)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2007-11-16 at 12:13. Reason: added images
Old 2007-11-16, 11:51   Link #13765
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Whoever posted this image--it's made its rounds, I'm sure, but I hadn't yet seen it--in the moe comment arena thread is my hero.

I thought the accompanying text was kind of clever, too.
Old 2007-11-16, 12:00   Link #13766
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post
Whoever posted this image--it's made its rounds, I'm sure, but I hadn't yet seen it--in the moe comment arena thread is my hero.

Mmm, yeah I haven't come across that one either. It did inspire me to toss this in relation:

And since I'm uploading a Tier 4 image, may as well fire another Tier 4 image (yes, Yuki does get sick - when in High-Dimensional Combat):

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-16, 12:07   Link #13767
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Well, a positive attitude is needed in these situations. Stop thinking it won't be enough.
SoS girls are strong but not undefeatable. Mikuru was defeated by Maria, and Fate is just as strong as Maria.

Support mp3 and images for Fate:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/c791eccd-3...-wonders-(Full)

lol, I'm trying to be possitive, but you know, Mikuru is not Yuki. Mikuru is strong no doubt, but shes nothing compared to Haruhi/Mikuru in terms of sheer popularity. Anyways... I spent so much time campaigning... I just hope that it will be enough. Nice images btw.

@Sheba: You don't want to make Feito sad, do you?
Old 2007-11-16, 12:11   Link #13768
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post

Well, thank you! I really would like to get that figure for Christmas... One of our local radio stations that many companies tune in as a Muzak alternative has already gone into "all Xmas music, all the time" mode, and I must have heard the "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" song 20 times already this week.
Old 2007-11-16, 12:17   Link #13769
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Nine vs. Seven
Four vs. Three
Can't make up my mind
We'll Just Have to See
I have some PCs
A lab still unused
But who I should vote for
I'm so confused
Old 2007-11-16, 12:25   Link #13770
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
lol, I'm trying to be possitive, but you know, Mikuru is not Yuki. Mikuru is strong no doubt, but shes nothing compared to Haruhi/Mikuru in terms of sheer popularity. Anyways... I spent so much time campaigning... I just hope that it will be enough. Nice images btw.

@Sheba: You don't want to make Feito sad, do you?
Thanks, those are my best Fate images.
Here's one more before going to sleep. (will post more tom.)

Chibi-Feito wants everyone to adopt...err...I mean vote her. ^-^
Old 2007-11-16, 12:39   Link #13771
thenightsshadow

Group 7
1. Mai Kawasumi
2. Haruhi Suzumiya
Notes - I prefer some silence than brash and bossy.

Group 8
1. Yuki Nagato
2. Fate T. Harlaown
Notes - Really close choice here.

Don't 'like' my vote choices (#1)?
Persuade me to vote your choice, like last time.
Old 2007-11-16, 12:45   Link #13772
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Group 7
1. Mai Kawasumi
2. Haruhi Suzumiya
Notes - I prefer some silence than brash and bossy.

Group 8
1. Yuki Nagato
2. Fate T. Harlaown
Notes - Really close choice here.

Don't 'like' my vote choices (#1)?
Persuade me to vote your choice, like last time.
Well, here is a start. Even 1 vote is worth the effort.
Spoiler for Convincing thenightsshadow part 1:
Old 2007-11-16, 12:54   Link #13773
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
Sheesh..... can't these HnG girls just be beaten already? This makes me dislike the show even more now.....

Anyway all my hope now rests with Mai and Yuki I'm sure Mai will recive plenty of pitty votes today and she COULD make a run at Haruhi. But I'm not getting my hopes up too high as it will take a miricale for Mai to pull off another one like she did last week. Come on Mai!

And may Fate's Curse continue. Go Yuki.

Oh and Thanks Teiran for the Mai sig. I'll be useing it today!
Just for that, I'm gonna vote Haruhi

When I loaded the results page, I thought Eruruu had beaten Desu and was surprised and then I realized I read my vote and not the winner

Congrats to Tessa for making it and besting C.C. and my prediction. For predictions, I went 1-1 yesterday and for votes, I went 1-1. Anyways, today, I'll be voting for God-Empress and Nanoha's waifu. I'm hoping Fate can break her fate and win, but it will be hard considering the SHnY combo vote.

Spoiler for Have some Haruhi:
Old 2007-11-16, 12:59   Link #13774
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow CC lost! O.O

unexpected...

this round...FATE CHAN!!!!!!

i would spam some pics if it wasnt for me being at a lan atm...but mai wifu will win!

(by the wrath of haruhi )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-16, 13:04   Link #13775
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Have some more Feito. Now off to nag the frequent users of #anime.
Spoiler for Convincing thenightsshadow part 2:
Old 2007-11-16, 13:13   Link #13776
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Voting double SHnY today. With that Tessa win, I no longer have a perfect win/vote ratio. I thought that CC would do better.

Haruhi: Even though Haruhi's character sometimes annoys me, I like unique characters. Especially when they don't know they're omnipotent. I think it's her untapped omnipotent potential is what's causing me to vote for her. That, and most certainly Konata would vote for her

Yuki: From what I've read on the Nanoha series, Fate seems like a wonderful character. I could see why she would be even more popular than Nanoha. But Yuki's an awesome character with amazing abilities. I also like the fact that she only uses her powers when needed, and the rest of the time she's in the background.

---
Slightly off-topic: What are the chances that Ogiue Chika would do in next year's Saimoe? She has her moe moments, but Genshiken isn't necessarily a "moe" show.
Old 2007-11-16, 13:22   Link #13777
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
Slightly off-topic: What are the chances that Ogiue Chika would do [well] in next year's Saimoe? She has her moe moments, but Genshiken isn't necessarily a "moe" show.
Pretty much nil, for the reason you just described. I think Ohno and Ogiue (and presumably Kasukabe, though a cursory glance couldn't find her) made the second prelims this year, but none made the main bracket. I wouldn't expect a much better performance from the Genshiken girls next year, either, since the current series is literally more of the same--a manga-faithful extension of what we've already seen. If the girls didn't do well the first time around, I doubt that people would view them as different enough to send them any further. It's kind of a shame, since I absolutely love Genshiken, but its characters just aren't all that suited for this kind of atmosphere, even if Ogiue makes a fine tsundere.

Ogiue, of course, has more exposure this time around since Genshiken 2 is four times the length of the OVA. I can't see that making any real impact, though.

Both Ohno and Kasukabe made the main bracket in 2005, but each lost her first-round match.
Old 2007-11-16, 13:22   Link #13778
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I can't believe I'm actually voting for Fate this time, but now I'm considering SHnY as a possible bigger threat.

Voted Mai and Fate.

EDIT: Before you ask, I already told you I reserved a handful of computers. Probably going to vote twice this time around.

EDIT 2: With a 107.xx.xx.xx address.
Old 2007-11-16, 13:26   Link #13779
thenightsshadow

@ Demi: Never saw that 3rd pic before, but the others I've seen before.

@ minhtam248: Is it really good etiquette to try and knock out someone due to being a threat?

Last edited by thenightsshadow; 2007-11-16 at 13:26. Reason: Name Correction
Old 2007-11-16, 13:36   Link #13780
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I can't believe I'm actually voting for Fate this time, but now I'm considering SHnY as a possible bigger threat.

Voted Mai and Fate.

EDIT: Before you ask, I already told you I reserved a handful of computers. Probably going to vote twice this time around.
lol, they ARE a bigger threat. Fate is just a very popular character, considering how underrated the series she casts in is. Yuki/Haruhi however, are the two most popular characters from one of, if not the most popular series this decade... and have you actually watched Nanoha? If not, I recommend that you do, because really, most Shana supporters are Fate supporters and Vise/Versa.

Well, I'll keep them coming until you're persuaded... or atleast I hope you will be eventually.
Spoiler for Persuasion attempt #3: