kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

the thing that i like the most on the jesta it has this spec opts image
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 18:36   Link #21322
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
try them out on some no grade models if you like. Or even some large enough sprue trees to see if there's a color change
just got back, too bad they don't have the Tamiya Primer, ended up the owner suggest me to get a can of Skull White..... anyone heard of that???

here is a picture for my old Epyon, i'm gonna turn it white......... wondering how it would look

Last edited by skyboy928; 2011-07-28 at 19:41.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 04:36   Link #21323
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
just got back, too bad they don't have the Tamiya Primer, ended up the owner suggest me to get a can of Skull White..... anyone heard of that???

here is a picture for my old Epyon, i'm gonna turn it white......... wondering how it would look
skull white sounds like warhammer paint... is it regular paint or an actual primer? because without a primer your kit probably wont even look white...
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 05:22   Link #21324
skyboy928

honestly, i don't really know, lol
i get a couple different primer and ask the owner, and he went and suggest this one......
but i did use it to test on some old spare part which is also Red, it seem to be covered pretty well, and i didn't even use the White paint yet.

well i just did a check, Skull White, like you said it is a warhammer paint, but quite a few did use it as primer, but it's actually a white paint.
so i guess i will just give this a try and see how it go.............

Last edited by skyboy928; 2011-07-29 at 05:28. Reason: Skull White
Old 2011-07-29, 06:44   Link #21325
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
honestly, i don't really know, lol
i get a couple different primer and ask the owner, and he went and suggest this one......
but i did use it to test on some old spare part which is also Red, it seem to be covered pretty well, and i didn't even use the White paint yet.

well i just did a check, Skull White, like you said it is a warhammer paint, but quite a few did use it as primer, but it's actually a white paint.
so i guess i will just give this a try and see how it go.............
Just so you know, the whole point of a primer is so that the paint will stick better to the part.

Using a white paint and then a colored one is pretty much pointless. That guy just ripped you off...rofl...
Old 2011-07-29, 06:49   Link #21326
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Just a reminder to people...

GundamGuy still has a sale with those specially marked Gundam model kits that come with those codes on a card that gives you a chance to win a ton of GunPlay kits.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...mpaign_23.html

I got a bunch of SD kits, a few HG kits, and 3 MG kits...I've been saving up money for a while...ehehehe... So I'll have a handful of entries.

=)

The prizes (according to Gundam Guy) is...

For each participating countries, here are the correct categories break down:

1st Place: 15 Winners - FOUR in ONE Perfect Grade Gift Set (PG Strike Freedom, PG 00 Raiser, PG Astray Red Frame, PG Wing Zero Custom)

2nd Place: 35 winners - SIX in ONE Master Grade Gift Set (MG 00 Raiser, MG Unicorn Gundam, MG Strike Freedom, MG Astray Red Frame, MG Sinanju, MG Wing Zero Custom)

3rd Place: 70 winners - Special Edition Gunpla Tool Set (Nipper, Tweezers, Metal File, 3 Gundam Markers and tool case)
And 5000 would receive a special price 'GUNDAM.INFO Document Folder *Except USA, Canada & Italy*

I'd say for potentially buying 1 SD kit and somehow managing to win the 1st prize set of 4 PG kits, it's such a great deal!

Oh and people living in Singapore, Malyasia, Indonesia, Phillippines, Australia, USA, Canada & Italy can enter this contest.

July 16th - Sept. 28th 2011 is when these kits with those codes will be available so I'd hurry up and get a few. I've sent them an email and they told me they've gotten a lot of sales for these. I might actually go buy some more kits this weekend after I get my paycheck from work.
Old 2011-07-29, 07:03   Link #21327
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Just a reminder to people...

GundamGuy still has a sale with those specially marked Gundam model kits that come with those codes on a card that gives you a chance to win a ton of GunPlay kits.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...mpaign_23.html

I got a bunch of SD kits, a few HG kits, and 3 MG kits...I've been saving up money for a while...ehehehe... So I'll have a handful of entries.

=)

The prizes (according to Gundam Guy) is...

For each participating countries, here are the correct categories break down:

1st Place: 15 Winners - FOUR in ONE Perfect Grade Gift Set (PG Strike Freedom, PG 00 Raiser, PG Astray Red Frame, PG Wing Zero Custom)

2nd Place: 35 winners - SIX in ONE Master Grade Gift Set (MG 00 Raiser, MG Unicorn Gundam, MG Strike Freedom, MG Astray Red Frame, MG Sinanju, MG Wing Zero Custom)

3rd Place: 70 winners - Special Edition Gunpla Tool Set (Nipper, Tweezers, Metal File, 3 Gundam Markers and tool case)
And 5000 would receive a special price 'GUNDAM.INFO Document Folder *Except USA, Canada & Italy*

I'd say for potentially buying 1 SD kit and somehow managing to win the 1st prize set of 4 PG kits, it's such a great deal!

Oh and people living in Singapore, Malyasia, Indonesia, Phillippines, Australia, USA, Canada & Italy can enter this contest.

July 16th - Sept. 28th 2011 is when these kits with those codes will be available so I'd hurry up and get a few. I've sent them an email and they told me they've gotten a lot of sales for these. I might actually go buy some more kits this weekend after I get my paycheck from work.
yeah, thats quite the great contest^^ too bad that german people cant enter XP but i either dont want or already own most of the stuff in that contest.
but i dont buy at GGinfinite anyway, HLJ is less expensive for me.
Old 2011-07-29, 07:09   Link #21328
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, thats quite the great contest^^ too bad that german people cant enter XP but i either dont want or already own most of the stuff in that contest.
but i dont buy at GGinfinite anyway, HLJ is less expensive for me.
If you win, you could always sell the kits you don't want or already have. =P

Or, buy from Gundam Guy and then you could email someone you know that lives in Singapore, Malyasia, Indonesia, Phillippines, Australia, USA, Canada & Italy and give that friend a chance?

If they win, I'm sure your buddy would really appreciate it.
Old 2011-07-29, 07:41   Link #21329
skyboy928

Quote:
Just so you know, the whole point of a primer is so that the paint will stick better to the part.

Using a white paint and then a colored one is pretty much pointless. That guy just ripped you off...rofl...
yup, i guess he did rip me off, but it's all part of learning to paint. will post some picture when i get it done.
Old 2011-07-29, 08:19   Link #21330
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...s-box-art.html
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...us-review.html
... MG Delta Plus box art and a review. The head has an actual inner frame! Why the heck can't they do that for all MG kits?!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...x-art-new.html
... HG Shining Gundam's box art. It looks good w/ Master Gundam in the back

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...saiki-box.html
...HG Master Gundam box art. And again, Shining Gundam on this box. I'm still surprised that Bandai is including Fuunsaiki w/ this kit

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...art-image.html
...SD Kshatriya box art. Also cool that SD Loto is included.
Old 2011-07-29, 08:45   Link #21331
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

WTF are these ?

Source :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozAApAuIqo

While I agree that kitbashing can lead to something awesome. Can't they conceptualise something better considering where the video is from ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 09:17   Link #21332
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

WTF are these ?

Source :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozAApAuIqo

While I agree that kitbashing can lead to something awesome. Can't they conceptualise something better considering where the video is from ?
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...w-katsumi.html

^ Go there. You'll see the whole clip.

It's basically about new ways that people can mix & match Gundam model kits. I guess it's pretty cool...sort of...but I don't know..

Check out the link and then watch through the entire video. It'll make more sense.
Old 2011-07-29, 09:20   Link #21333
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...w-katsumi.html

^ Go there. You'll see the whole clip.
Please. I've already seen the entire clip.

And would you kindly stop your infatuation with Gundam Guy by ceasing linking every scrape of info back to him ?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-07-29 at 11:50. Reason: Removed pointess comment...
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 11:03   Link #21334
Appel

now now, lets not use any words that might make someone feel offended...
GG is one of the best english sources for gunpla out there, quoting him and linking to the blog is perfectly fine.
besides, for US residents GGinfinite is pretty much one of the the best shop.

about the delpa plus's head: looks simply amazing. i SO want that kit! i love the design of the suit itself and it looks like the design of the kit will be just as amazing.

and who cares about the heads frame. the sinanju has a head with a frame, too because of the mono-eye. its like 3 or so extra pieces of ABS plastic, i really dont care about that. its not like its giving the head better articulation! as long as a gundam head is on a double balljoint so that it can look up and down properly im happy.

also, during the last few days i ordered the infinite justice, the destiny extreme blast mode and the zaku II 2.0 "white ogre" as TT Hongli kits. all in all i saved around 120€ simply because i didnt buy them from bandai :P if the quality is good i will definitely buy more TT hongli models!

also, the guy whom i got them from has a TT hongli retail shop. he told me that TT is currently working on their own version of the MG Hi-Nu gundam! thats pretty interesting, especially since bandais Hi-Nu is so very expensive ( 5600 yen + 4320 yen shipping + 1900 yen taxes for me)!
and since the dollar is plummeting right now its even better for me :P

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-07-29 at 11:52. Reason: Removed pointless quote...
Old 2011-07-29, 11:08   Link #21335
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
now now, lets not use any words that might make someone feel offended...
GG is one of the best english sources for gunpla out there, quoting him and linking to the blog is perfectly fine.
besides, for US residents GGinfinite is pretty much one of the the best shop.

about the delpa plus's head: looks simply amazing. i SO want that kit! i love the design of the suit itself and it looks like the design of the kit will be just as amazing.

and who cares about the heads frame. the sinanju has a head with a frame, too because of the mono-eye. its like 3 or so extra pieces of ABS plastic, i really dont care about that. its not like its giving the head better articulation! as long as a gundam head is on a double balljoint so that it can look up and down properly im happy.

also, during the last few days i ordered the infinite justice, the destiny extreme blast mode and the zaku II 2.0 "white ogre" as TT Hongli kits. all in all i saved around 120€ simply because i didnt buy them from bandai :P if the quality is good i will definitely buy more TT hongli models!

also, the guy whom i got them from has a TT hongli retail shop. he told me that TT is currently working on their own version of the MG Hi-Nu gundam! thats pretty interesting, especially since bandais Hi-Nu is so very expensive ( 5600 yen + 4320 yen shipping + 1900 yen taxes for me)!
and since the dollar is plummeting right now its even better for me :P
Nothing is wrong with Gundam Guy. Trust me. The guy is trustworthy and his staff is awesome.

Even if you can save some money, support Bandai. TT Hongli was under legal issues or something because of the fake kits. I think Bandai is going after them hard now.

I suggest you buy from Gundam Guy. He's been like recognized by Bandai Japan and they like his site a lot.

That Morishita-san guy likes Gundam Guy's blog & store a lot.
Old 2011-07-29, 11:13   Link #21336
Appel

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with Gundam Guy. Trust me. The guy is trustworthy and his staff is awesome.

Even if you can save some money, support Bandai. TT Hongli was under legal issues or something because of the fake kits. I think Bandai is going after them hard now.

I suggest you buy from Gundam Guy. He's been like recognized by Bandai Japan and they like his site a lot.

That Morishita-san guy likes Gundam Guy's blog & store a lot.
i dont care how good a shop is. i simply want to save money and have good service! thats what shopping is all about for me.
i can live with buying a pirated product as long as the quality is decent and i know from multiple sources that TT is doing a good job with many of their kits.
see it from this perspective: i saved somewhere between 120 and 150€ because i got these TT Hongli kits. that alone is a valid argument for me to buy TT kits as long as they are decent.
Old 2011-07-29, 11:16   Link #21337
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
i dont care how good a shop is. i simply want to save money and have good service! thats what shopping is all about for me.
i can live with buying a pirated product as long as the quality is decent and i know from multiple sources that TT is doing a good job with many of their kits.
see it from this perspective: i saved somewhere between 120 and 150€ because i got these TT Hongli kits. that alone is a valid argument for me to buy TT kits as long as they are decent.
Yea. But it's reasons like that why Bandai has to cut down on MG production and increase their prices...and the currency exchange thing.

If you keep supporting guys like Gundam Guy, then you will help the industry as a whole grow. If it grows enough, we'll see more kits including MG & PG, better quality engineering, and overall lowered prices...
Old 2011-07-29, 11:25   Link #21338
Appel

Quote:
Yea. But it's reasons like that why Bandai has to cut down on MG production and increase their prices...and the currency exchange thing.

If you keep supporting guys like Gundam Guy, then you will help the industry as a whole grow. If it grows enough, we'll see more kits including MG & PG, better quality engineering, and overall lowered prices...
on the other hand bootleggers like TT Hongli also encourage bandai to increase their own quality to make sure that people will continue to buy their products.

i would love to buy the destiny extreme burst mode from bandai for example. but im simply not willing to pay roughly 90€ for it!
i will continue to buy bandai kits (all kits i have built so far are bandai models, my TT models have yet to arrive) but in some cases its simply better for me to buy TT kits.
im a consumer. i want to save money. i can make a choice with my money, and in this case i made the choice to go with the TT Hongli kits which in return is a sign to bandai to do something about their price policy.

edit: also, i dont have to buy from GGinfinite to support bandai. hobby link japan is WAY cheaper for me!
Old 2011-07-29, 11:30   Link #21339
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
on the other hand bootleggers like TT Hongli also encourage bandai to increase their own quality to make sure that people will continue to buy their products.

i would love to buy the destiny extreme burst mode from bandai for example. but im simply not willing to pay roughly 90€ for it!
i will continue to buy bandai kits (all kits i have built so far are bandai models, my TT models have yet to arrive) but in some cases its simply better for me to buy TT kits.
im a consumer. i want to save money. i can make a choice with my money, and in this case i made the choice to go with the TT Hongli kits which in return is a sign to bandai to do something about their price policy.

edit: also, i dont have to buy from GGinfinite to support bandai. hobby link japan is WAY cheaper for me!
Buying from TT Hongli encourages Bandai to improve quality?

What kind of logic is that? TT Hongli is taking business away from Bandai on a global scale. That's not going to convince Bandai to improve quality. If anything, Bandai will not improve quality and increase the price; and that's what they've been doing.

And w/ the 00 series Master Grade kits, they're promoting LED units.

If you want to keep supporting pirates, by spending money on them and not Bandai, then go ahead. You're the consumer and it's your money. So do whatever you want with it.

But be aware that supporting TT Hongli and other Gundam model kit pirates will negatively impact the industry. Just don't go crying and trolling when Bandai starts making like 1 MG and 1 PG a year.
Old 2011-07-29, 11:39   Link #21340
Appel

Quote:
Buying from TT Hongli encourages Bandai to improve quality?

What kind of logic is that?
its pretty simple: its not about buying from them, its simply about competition. it might be somewhat illegal but they are still offering the same thing cheaper than bandai, so they will have to find a way to keep people at buying their stuff. thats either crushing TT Hongli or improving their own service.

oh and about gundam guys shop: yeah, as if im going to buy a single LED unit for 20 bucks! XD they are out of their damn mind.
for european people gginfinite is simply way too expensive. the kits dont have the 20% off that HLJ is offering and shipping to europe is too expensive. i dont even care about gginfinite, its not worth it for me. i can get all my stuff way cheaper at amiami and HLJ!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy