5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-10, 04:26   Link #61
monstratboy

So besides the fact that Elevens are on the news, I assume quite often, commiting acts of terrorism, often using civillans as hostages and hurting them if not outright killing them in view of their audience, to justify her fear of them/eleven propaganda, Nina must also have experienced some evil super traumatic event?

Now I do think what she did in episode 8 was stupid. But the girl does live in a place where the original prime suspect(with case shut supporting evidence) for the cold blooded murder of the state's popular governor, introduces himself as a new classmate a couple of days later following another man(Eleven? must be) claiming to have killed the VIP(royalty at that and surrounded by the military) storms into a trap, gases the masses and gets away with his target(also surrounded by the military).

On another note I think Lelouche pissed off Karen purposely to try and provide more cover for his school identity. Although I don't think Lelouche has ever really told anybody a lie yet, only half truths, including what he said to her.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 05:04   Link #62
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

In all honesty, are 11s on the news that often? I don't think so. I suspect most of them work underground whenever possible. Why do I say this? Mostly because the guy who held the hostages only held them to let people know that the JLF was still alive and that japanese people were still fighting for their independence. Does this sound like the terrorist groups get a lot of media exposure to you? Not to mention that the news stations wanted to censor Diethards broadcast of Zero.

Also, we've never seen any of the terrorist groups in the news except a) the JLF hostage situation and b) anything to do with zero.

I suspect britiannia keeps any news of the terrorist suppressed and just goes into to quietly kill all of them. Or maybe announce their victories, considering they seem like a 1984 kind of state govt.

Now keep in mind, I don't have anything against prejudice to 11s, since I rather like Jeremiah and Viletta and they're purist. Unfortunately, in every group, there's the idiot and Nina's pretty much shown herself to be the dumbest of the lot. It's one thing to hate people, it's another thing to be so afraid that you end up doing stupid ass things like telling the terrorist holding you hostage with a frigging smg that he's an 11.

So yes, death to Nina. And let it be brutal and gory

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 05:34   Link #63
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I do somewhat agree with evil|plushie - my so-called scorn towards Nina isn't as much based on her purported bigotry (phobia or whatever term floats your boat) as it is on how she behaved in episode 08. Before then I didn't care much for her as she was a pretty minor character whose role, till then, had been to show that Elevens could elicit fear and rejection from Britannians and that Suzaku would have trouble fitting in inside Ashford Academy.

It's only when she got hysterical with the JLF soldier that I started to have a negative opinion of her. They way she saw the soldier and gasped 'an Eleven!!!' looked as if she had grown up with tales that Elevens ate babies for a living and that she had never seen one before. But that's just how I interpreted the scene - her remaining silent, frozen in place like a deer caught in headlights and cowering would have perhaps been more consistent with one suffering from childhood or a recent trauma but in this case I couldn't help but slap my forehead. Her little gasp still asked for trouble - and it did get her in trouble, till Euphemia stood up to deflect the attention on herself. Again, I expected her to curl into a ball when she saw the JLF member, but, no, she just had to do something that put her in harm's way...

As for the remark that sort of spurred this Nina-centered topic, it's also because nowadays a lot of show seem to need a resident lesbian or shoujo-ai element, like in Soukou no Strain and whatnot. Don't start saying it's because I simply hate Nina. I just don't like how she behaved in ep 08 (and I can't blame her for being scared shitless, just only being overreactive and doing the wrong thing). On another topic, I feel like we're derailing the thread with the Nina topic. Maybe we could get this to the general discussion area if someone feels like continuing this.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-10 at 05:48.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 05:52   Link #64
monstratboy

I can agree that previous to the show's starting timeline, we have no idea how often terrorism was on the news, however from Lelouch and Suzaku's words we know there was a hell lot stuff as well as that going on anyway. I can agree that Nina is pretty foolish by constantly blurting out 'but he's an eleven this, eleven that'.
But since the show started we have seen news on terrorism and the deaths of civillians and hostage situations all the time, especially after Zero's intro. I just think its enough for at least one person to be deathly afraid of elevens, even/or especially Suzaku. I can also understand her attraction to the princess. Although if Euphemia had died it would be a different matter, I can ignore her foolishness(some may prefer the term idiocy) for now.
Frankly, you would have to be foolish(those who don't know him) not to be afraid of Suzaku. His reason for getting in the school would definitely be kept secret.

"Hey! They let the bastard monkey go!? Was the masked man some genetic twin who used the other's identity to betray us??(Just so you know I'm trying to make another GS ref here)
"No, no, no, all the evidence submitted was forged by our superiors to help kick Eleven rubbish like him out of the military, he was actually saving our asses at the time the crime was committed, it also seems he's now a nice guy"
"What? You think he's nice! You actually spoke with the primate!?"
"No, no, no. You know that pink haired princess that goes around talking to little animals? She said a cat bit him when he tried to pet it and show it some affection. Apparently thats cleared everything up. He's officially a nice boy and will be put back in school with all the other nice boys and girls his age."
"I see....."

Sorry for the divergence.

Last edited by monstratboy; 2006-12-10 at 05:56. Reason: No more from me on that
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 09:03   Link #65
passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
In all honesty, are 11s on the news that often? I don't think so. I suspect most of them work underground whenever possible. Why do I say this? Mostly because the guy who held the hostages only held them to let people know that the JLF was still alive and that japanese people were still fighting for their independence. Does this sound like the terrorist groups get a lot of media exposure to you? Not to mention that the news stations wanted to censor Diethards broadcast of Zero.

Also, we've never seen any of the terrorist groups in the news except a) the JLF hostage situation and b) anything to do with zero.

I suspect britiannia keeps any news of the terrorist suppressed and just goes into to quietly kill all of them. Or maybe announce their victories, considering they seem like a 1984 kind of state govt.

Now keep in mind, I don't have anything against prejudice to 11s, since I rather like Jeremiah and Viletta and they're purist. Unfortunately, in every group, there's the idiot and Nina's pretty much shown herself to be the dumbest of the lot. It's one thing to hate people, it's another thing to be so afraid that you end up doing stupid ass things like telling the terrorist holding you hostage with a frigging smg that he's an 11.

So yes, death to Nina. And let it be brutal and gory
i agree with you there. considering how late the death of clovis made public it is alright to assume that japanese tvs are subjected to heavy censorship. so i dont think either that japanese activists appears on tvs alot.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 20:45   Link #66
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

i dont know if its legal to ask this but where is everyone downloading the english sub of ep 9?! i cant find it anywhere

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 20:47   Link #67
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

I think most of us are talking about it in RAW.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 20:57   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
i dont know if its legal to ask this but where is everyone downloading the english sub of ep 9?! i cant find it anywhere
It hasn't been released yet, people who are talking about the episode including me have seen the Raw version.
Old 2006-12-10, 20:59   Link #69
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
Most of us will talk about this show in Chinese fnasub since it come out first.

You can't expect english fansub this early since it's not so hot like kanon.
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 00:29   Link #70
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Chinese subs are the way to go, since its normally come out ~24 hours after the Jap air time, or less if there is a great following.

I found ep 9 enjoyable to watch, with neko Mireille's "If I'm going to die will drag others with me" and of course crybaby kir... Suzaku. Still if Sunrise is going to use C.C's people as maybe the major arc i think maybe Cornelia needs to be removed one way or another is the next 3 eps.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 21:04   Link #71
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Damn, after watching the subs, Suzaku really annoyed me during his speech to Lelouch.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 21:40   Link #72
passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Damn, after watching the subs, Suzaku really annoyed me during his speech to Lelouch.
yes i was thinking the same thing. there is a limit to naivity. that guy leaves in his own world. seriously if he starts being goddish i am gonna drop this anime. i believe cornelia is much more of a likable char then his.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 22:31   Link #73
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Why do you bother bashing Nina at length, she is a real Einstein (her name is Einstein incidently )) and an avatar of of common sense compared to Kira... I mean Suzaku.

Karen's mother got twenty years for taking drugs or I got something wrong? And Karen never got it that her mother stayed in the manor just to be with her? Karen is not that bright, it seems.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 22:37   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
And Karen never got it that her mother stayed in the manor just to be with her? Karen is not that bright, it seems.
When watching the episode you become all drawn into the drama of it all, though thinking about it now it is a lil' silly. You could say that Kallen has a lot on her mind to not notice.. its looked that way since she appeared in the first episode to me.

I adore the BGM thats played when Kallen finally clicks onto the situation with her mother - it should be on the OST thats released next week. <3
Old 2006-12-11, 22:48   Link #75
Matrim

Quote:
When watching the episode you become all drawn into the drama of it all, though thinking about it now it is a lil' silly.
Well, I was not at all drawn into the drama as Karen is a character that leaves me almost compeltely cold and indifferent to her fate, so that's why I ask such questions.
I will probably remember this episode mostly with the fanservice. Talking of fanservice and the likes, first Nina seemed to have a thing for Millay, now Euphemia. Just decide already! And don't pick Euphemia.

Old 2006-12-11, 22:52   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well, I was not at all drawn into the drama as Karen is a character that leaves me almost compeltely cold and indifferent to her fate, so that's why I ask such questions.
Ah well, we're all different in many ways. :3

Quote:
Talking of fanservice and the likes, first Nina seemed to have a thing for Millay, now Euphemia. Just decide already! And don't pick Euphemia.
Deep down she loves Euphemia - i can't wait for Cornelia to find out.
Old 2006-12-11, 23:03   Link #77
Matrim

Well I doubt Cornelia would be a lot more thrilled to see Euphemia with Suzaku, the pacifist, than with Nina, the Eleven hater. Come to think of it, I suspect Nina will fall for Cornelia too, she seems to have a thing for women in positions of power. Now this would be a totally hialarious turn of events.
On a completely different note and in order to be more on topic, I wonder when will someone finally notice the red eyes effect that Lelouch's superpower has on people, Karen did not notice it in this episode. Must be the lack of sleep.

Old 2006-12-11, 23:11   Link #78
myopius

Episode was okay. It clarified a lot of things. A lot of small scenes were well done, and showed aspects of how things are going that are usually skipped over, I think. That Kallen didn't realize her mother was staying for her sake, even after the subtle interactions between her and her mother in the hall... Maybe she just grew up with that person's behavior and came to look over it naturally, I guess... The whole thing was a bit irregular / overemotional from my perspective, but eh.

More importantly, how Kallen feels toward Lelouch. Well, now she's more determined to change the world, but have the feelings she expressed when she slapped Lelouch changed? From watching that conversation, it seemed to me that Lelouch was explaining how the Japanese are made to demean themselves, and in doing so described them unflatteringly, which caused Kallen to get upset and think he was insulting them? If that is in fact what happened, it's a dumb misunderstanding, honestly. I wonder why Lelouch told her that, though. I think there's a possibility he's taking the opportunity he has as her classmate to probe her views on things and confirm how she is as a Black Knight.
Old 2006-12-11, 23:37   Link #79
coldwarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by "myopius'
I think there's a possibility he's taking the opportunity he has as her classmate to probe her views on things and confirm how she is as a Black Knight.
I agree with you. I felt that Lelouch has been probing people's feeling in this episode, suzaku then later kallen. This is obvious because
(1) What he speaks seems like not what he believes
(2) He would not go out with a girl without any reason

Maybe he is making a choice between suzaku and kallen for something important. (right hand man?)

Edit: Also, poor shirly, she got denied because Lulouch was in deep contemplation in what Suzaku said. I think he really wanted to convince suzaku to join Zero's side or maybe Lelouch had no interest in her, that's why he always come up with something to stop shirly from talking.

Last edited by coldwarm; 2006-12-11 at 23:49. Reason: Adding Stuff
coldwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 00:23   Link #80
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Whoa, whoa. Suzaku is way far off to live up to Kira's name, as Kira actually made things happen! All Suzaku's proven is he's got the better toy.

As for this episode, pace was kind of different at the beginning. It seems that they've got the whole Black Knights thing established and are taking the law into their own hands. Plus, we get a more detailed look at Kallen, and the Britannia-Eleven relations.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote