AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 11:43   Link #1
MrTibbers

Restore MAH Faith in ANIME!!!

Recently, due to the number of crappy animes out there, I MrTibbers have lost faith in anime!!!

This has happened several times before, but there has always been an anime that restored my faith in anime.

Now, MrTibbers needs a new anime so his anime spirit is RESTORED!!!!

Please help MrTibbers find an anime that will uplift his spirits.

Examples of anime that inspired MrTibbers:Honey and Clover, Gantz, TTGL, Eden of the East, One Outs.

The genre doesn't matter, the anime just has to be AWESOME!!(and not bad. Sadly the number of bad animes in 2009 caused this terrible problem)

Mostly interested in animes with awesome characters, doesn't always have to be the main character that's awesome. I love animes that can make me laugh and make me cry. And I love animes that are just MOTIVATING!!! I love animes with sad endings.(Just as much as I love kids)

AWESOME Mangas are welcome. If you do not give MRTIBBERS a suggestion, then MrTibbers will have to relieve his boredom by giving KIDS CAAAAAAAAAAANDY!!!!!!
Old 2009-11-18, 12:43   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば

Seen any Ghibli anime?

I reccomend watching Princess Mononoke and Whisper of the Heart.

Your faith will be restored.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-11-18, 12:47   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Have you watched Cross Game yet?

If that doesn't restore your faith in anime I don't know what will.

I'd say Cross Game and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are the two good anime of this year.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-18, 12:49   Link #4
Nosauz

Cross Game, is a must read especially if you like one outs, hell anything adachi is good maybe except Q&A thats more of a hardcore adachi thing, but also Genshiken, can't say enough about it, it has probably one of the best set of characters who are unique and even though they may some times seem to be cliches there is nothing about that manga/anime that is cliche at all, and who doesn't love kujikixunbalance.
Old 2009-11-18, 12:55   Link #5
mit7059

Cross Game. Cross Game. Cross Game. And Throw in a little Cross Game for good measure.

Other titles that might work: Natsume Yuujinchou, BECK:Mongolian Chop Squad, and Ookiku Furikabutte.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-11-18, 14:01   Link #6
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Recently, due to the number of crappy animes out there, I MrTibbers have lost faith in anime!!!
I agree; especially this year with only like 2-3 decent anime.

For action/dark series, I'd recommend;

- Noir
- Darker Than Black
- Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
- Kara no Kyoukai
- Hellsing Ultimate
- Gungrave
- Black Lagoon
- Ergo Proxy
- Ghost in the Shell
- Guin Saga
- Area 88
Old 2009-11-18, 14:16   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Seirei no Moribito will restore your faith, if anything will. It's the greatest character anime of all-time IMO.

And you certainly can't go wrong with Cross Game if you want something current.
Old 2009-11-18, 14:27   Link #8
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Guess by my signature which series i am going to recommend.
Old 2009-11-18, 15:55   Link #9
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

I'd say Cross Game... Darker than black: Ryusei no Gemini is decent if you've seen the first season (and if not you can just watch it and then have something else to watch too) and so is Kimi ni Todoke. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you watch Spice & Wolf. Two 12 episode seasons of pure awesome. I fell in love with it really fast.
Old 2009-11-18, 16:09   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might want to read through this thread (thanks to Guardian Enzo) which includes suggestions for many excellent shows in the past couple of years. If you pass your mouse over those ladies in my signature, you'll get some more recommendations.
Old 2009-11-18, 17:37   Link #11
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

seconding cross game, and also BECK!!!!! Beck is awesome, just plain awesomeness mixed with some more awesomeness, and with a hint of supremeness nah but really, it is really good as well as motivating, so if you haven't watched it yet, I suggest you do!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-11-18, 21:03   Link #12
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

- Noir
- Darker Than Black
- Kara no Kyoukai
- Hellsing Ultimate
- Gungrave
- Black Lagoon
- Ergo Proxy
- Ghost in the Shell
- Guin Saga
- Area 88
these from Zwei are great what i would reccomend you as well plus ill add Zero No Stigma, Full Metal Panic and Code Geass.

should probably also check out the evangelion reboot.

have you read the Gantz manga? if you liked the series you would cream over this.
Old 2009-11-19, 02:05   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm going to... uh... echo the series that half the posters above me have said, as seen in my avatar and sig. I'm trying not to sound like a broken record here.
Old 2009-11-19, 02:14   Link #14
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm going to... uh... echo the series that half the posters above me have said, as seen in my avatar and sig. I'm trying not to sound like a broken record here.
Hmmm, I want to "second" Cross Game but I think we're way past "second" here Even so, just do yourself a favor and go watch Cross Game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTibbers View Post
Mostly interested in animes with awesome characters, doesn't always have to be the main character that's awesome. I love animes that can make me laugh and make me cry. And I love animes that are just MOTIVATING!!! I love animes with sad endings.(Just as much as I love kids)
Well the first series that comes to mind is Clannad and it's sequel, Clannad: After Story. Just take my word for it, I guarantee that this series will make you laugh and cry.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-19, 08:49   Link #15
Albafica
Pisces no saint

If you want a masterpiece anime, you should watch Monster, well it's my opinion. Watch it, if you like thriller anime. Gungrave is great too. You can try Gankutsuou which is awesome!

By the way, if you liked One Outs, you should try Akagi or Kaiji.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:54   Link #16
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

zero no stigma?

zero no tsukaima?
or
kaze no stigma?
Old 2009-11-19, 16:49   Link #17
MrTibbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Seen any Ghibli anime?

I reccomend watching Princess Mononoke and Whisper of the Heart.

Your faith will be restored.
Watched those, thanx anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Have you watched Cross Game yet?

If that doesn't restore your faith in anime I don't know what will.

I'd say Cross Game and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are the two good anime of this year.
I'm reading Cross Game currently, and I fell apart from FMA because I kinda got bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Cross Game, is a must read especially if you like one outs, hell anything adachi is good maybe except Q&A thats more of a hardcore adachi thing, but also Genshiken, can't say enough about it, it has probably one of the best set of characters who are unique and even though they may some times seem to be cliches there is nothing about that manga/anime that is cliche at all, and who doesn't love kujikixunbalance.
Never heard of Genshiken. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
Cross Game. Cross Game. Cross Game. And Throw in a little Cross Game for good measure.

Other titles that might work: Natsume Yuujinchou, BECK:Mongolian Chop Squad, and Ookiku Furikabutte.
Lol, I've watched Beck, and Natsume. Don't know what Ookiku Furikabutte is though. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

- Noir
- Darker Than Black
- Kara no Kyoukai
- Hellsing Ultimate
- Gungrave
- Black Lagoon
- Ergo Proxy
- Ghost in the Shell
- Guin Saga
- Area 88

Never heard of Noir and Area 88.
I've watched/rejected the rest of that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Seirei no Moribito will restore your faith, if anything will. It's the greatest character anime of all-time IMO.

And you certainly can't go wrong with Cross Game if you want something current.
I'll have to check out seirei no moribito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Guess by my signature which series i am going to recommend.
Princess Tutu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbent View Post
I'd say Cross Game... Darker than black: Ryusei no Gemini is decent if you've seen the first season (and if not you can just watch it and then have something else to watch too) and so is Kimi ni Todoke. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you watch Spice & Wolf. Two 12 episode seasons of pure awesome. I fell in love with it really fast.
Lol, reading Cross game. Lots of Cross Game recommendations. I'm watching darker than black right now but it's super boring currently. I dropped Kimi ni Todoke, might watch it when it finishes and I read the reviews. Spice and Wolf II I've already finished. Not that great though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You might want to read through this thread (thanks to Guardian Enzo) which includes suggestions for many excellent shows in the past couple of years. If you pass your mouse over those ladies in my signature, you'll get some more recommendations.
Watched most of that list, I have to check out the rest of that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaku View Post
seconding cross game, and also BECK!!!!! Beck is awesome, just plain awesomeness mixed with some more awesomeness, and with a hint of supremeness nah but really, it is really good as well as motivating, so if you haven't watched it yet, I suggest you do!
Beck was a really good anime. Loved it too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
these from Zwei are great what i would reccomend you as well plus ill add Zero No Stigma, Full Metal Panic and Code Geass.

should probably also check out the evangelion reboot.

have you read the Gantz manga? if you liked the series you would cream over this.
Read the Gantz manga, watched eva but not a big fan, and I've watched Code Geass and Full Metal Panic. Don't know what Zero No Stigma is though, are you talking about Kaze no Stigma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sorry, already watched Princess Tutu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Hmmm, I want to "second" Cross Game but I think we're way past "second" here Even so, just do yourself a favor and go watch Cross Game.

Lol, I'm reading Cross Game right now.

Well the first series that comes to mind is Clannad and it's sequel, Clannad: After Story. Just take my word for it, I guarantee that this series will make you laugh and cry.
Now that I think about it, I dropped Clannad: After Story. Wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
If you want a masterpiece anime, you should watch Monster, well it's my opinion. Watch it, if you like thriller anime. Gungrave is great too. You can try Gankutsuou which is awesome!

By the way, if you liked One Outs, you should try Akagi or Kaiji.
MrTibbers has watched all your recommendations. Rawr, now he will bribe all your kids with roller coasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbent View Post
zero no stigma?

zero no tsukaima?
or
kaze no stigma?
Rawr, don't call me pedobear.

Thanx for all your reccomendations guys.

-MrTibbers aka not Pedobear
Old 2009-11-19, 21:24   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Read Rosario + Vampire I & II

Avoid Rosario + Vampire anime... it'll make you lose faith in anime again
Old 2009-11-19, 21:28   Link #19
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Soul Eater, it is funny, awesome and a good manga

I also recommend Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Sekirei isnt bad either

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-11-20, 02:07   Link #20
andromeda0201

Baccano - starts out really confusing but when everything starts to make sense, it hits you with a bang, short but great

Towards the Terra - did i hear you say you liked drama? well try this sci-fi space epic

Kaleido Star - I found this anime extremely motivating, and its unique in the sense that you won't see any circus animes around like this

Skip Beat - is very entertaining and funny, following a strong willed female protagonist on her road to "revenge"

OverDrive - starts out a bit slow, but when you get to the actual competition, its extremely addictive. I even felt like cycling after that
Closed Thread