AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 25.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.03%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-11, 22:51   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can someone properly translate this tweet from Project-Index?

昨日のTOKYO MX、本日放送予定のMBS、チバテレビ、tvk、テレ玉、水曜日のCBCで放送される予定でした22話放 送中止が決定されました。楽しみにして頂いた皆様すみませんm(_ _)m今後につきましては公式ホームページやTwitterでご連絡致します。宣伝おーた

From my translation it's: "The scheduled broadcast of Index II Episode 22 on TOKYO MX, MBS Chiba TV, tvk, TV Tama and CBC will be suspended until further notice [due to the quake and its effects throughout Japan]."
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 23:23   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Can someone properly translate this tweet from Project-Index?

昨日のTOKYO MX、本日放送予定のMBS、チバテレビ、tvk、テレ玉、水曜日のCBCで放送される予定でした22話放 送中止が決定されました。楽しみにして頂いた皆様すみませんm(_ _)m今後につきましては公式ホームページやTwitterでご連絡致します。宣伝おーた

From my translation it's: "The scheduled broadcast of Index II Episode 22 on TOKYO MX, MBS Chiba TV, tvk, TV Tama and CBC will be suspended until further notice [due to the quake and its effects throughout Japan]."
That's pretty much what it says.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 00:53   Link #43
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Finally saw the subs.

No offense but the scene where Index enters is awkward.

I mean I understand the gravity of the situation that requires her attention on Last Order but just 2 feet away there's a guy pummelling a teenage boy into a pulp.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 01:05   Link #44
Kyosuke_Nanbu

There is a conversation between Acqua and Terra indicate that there is some AC units still active during the attack.

Last edited by Kyosuke_Nanbu; 2011-03-12 at 01:19.
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 01:05   Link #45
Primary Consult

Actually I found it refreshing that Index kept her mind on the mission and was actively *doing something*. There was no hope of her being able to help accel, she worked the problem she actually could solve.
It was nothing like the scenes where Touma preaches while people are hurt.

But yeah...
++adios Kihara
+Touma trying to save Vento

Kindof annoyed the Kuroko part went nowhere but 'tis a minor nitpic.

Vento's story felt lame at first but once you hear it all it does the job just fine (explains her actions while allowing an opportunity for Touma to fine tune his preaching).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 01:36   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I mean I understand the gravity of the situation that requires her attention on Last Order but just 2 feet away there's a guy pummelling a teenage boy into a pulp.
Index is no stranger to blood and violence, those Grimoires probably have some nasty imagery enough to desensitize her or something... Aztec anyone?

Again the same problem as last episode for me is that there's a lack of emotions involve in the scene, the scene where Accelerator hopelessly held out against Kihara should have been some powerful dramatic stuff. Sometimes I feel that JC staff needs to take some notes about theatricality from Shaft or something

On the plus side, the fight between Touma and Vento was beautifully colored and animated... When they are actually fighting that is. It looks like elements from this episode would be splash over to the next episode, the timing's kinda weird but nothing major.

All in all the feeling doesn't feel like the last episode of the arc Maybe that's why? Because technically it isn't the last episode of the arc.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 02:09   Link #47
Fandal

How are you guys rating this a Perfect 10? I've watched my share of complicated plots before but I'm completely lost with this episode. I don't understand anything about it. To me, this is very bad storytelling.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 02:12   Link #48
sayde

I've no complaints with this weeks episode. Especially since there were enough moments (albeit brief) during the fight scenes that utilized camera angles I typically tend to prefer watching the action from. I wonder if Touma's punch succeeded in making yet another female antagonist see the light. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 02:16   Link #49
DorkingtonPugsly

YES! Definitely one of my favorite episodes ever! They saved the animation for this episode which I found appropriate considering the action scenes. I enjoyed this a ton and it was worth the extra wait. Can't wait for next week!!!
Old 2011-03-12, 02:27   Link #50
Peanutbutter

I guess the anime and novels should be watched and read together, eh? Someone should have put a disclaimer at the start.

The Index talking on the phone while Accelerator was being kicked around was definitely one of the most lulz-scenes I've ever seen.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 02:37   Link #51
ApathyEcstasy

Jesus F. Christ. Why is the main character such a giant blubbering vagina? Every fight whenever someone's trying to kill him, he acts like it's trivial and as if he has all the luxury in the world to give a damn about the person who's trying to kill him.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 03:09   Link #52
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Jesus F. Christ. Why is the main character such a giant blubbering vagina? Every fight whenever someone's trying to kill him, he acts like it's trivial and as if he has all the luxury in the world to give a damn about the person who's trying to kill him.
.....because he does. Not like he remembers anything else about himself other than the fact he likes helping other people.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 03:20   Link #53
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Thats my acceletator, launching Kihara into orbit. To bad he prbabl disentigrated first.

Nothing like a floating corpse in orbit to signal "Dont mess with me.'
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 04:44   Link #54
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Hell yeah! An epic perfect 10 for this episode!

Funny that the powerless Accel was acting like a zombie. Beaten up like a pig-face. And then, he eventually gained the Awakened ability (the black wings manifestation), and shoot Kihara up to the sky like a railgun. Kihara... is ACCELERATED!

In Touma's part, yup. The same old cliche quote and Touma Punched Vento in the face. I wonder why Vento was so persistent, even though she did know? Or if Touma had punched her to senses?

And then again, Acqua of the Back show up in the end. Any more details about him?

Anyway, it looks like the Academy City Invasion arc is the beginning of all of the interesting plots, after all.

By the way, did anyone noticed that J.C. has left out the part where Accel was using pistol against the Hound Dog cannon fodders in episode 20? Are you out there, suzuka? Could you show me this part?

Spoiler for Mark my words:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 05:17   Link #55
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
And then again, Acqua of the Back show up in the end. Any more details about him?
[/SPOILER]
http://www.toarumajutsunoindex.wikia...ua_of_the_Back

all you can know
Old 2011-03-12, 05:21   Link #56
IppoTsuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Thats my acceletator, launching Kihara into orbit. To bad he prbabl disentigrated first.

Nothing like a floating corpse in orbit to signal "Dont mess with me.'
Accelerator is not yours, he's everybody's!
Old 2011-03-12, 05:23   Link #57
IppoTsuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
How are you guys rating this a Perfect 10? I've watched my share of complicated plots before but I'm completely lost with this episode. I don't understand anything about it. To me, this is very bad storytelling.
you have to read the novel to understand everything, the anime skipped quite a lot of important explanations sometimes... furthermore, explanations in the novel are usually said by the "narrator" so it's rather impossible to show them in the anime.
Old 2011-03-12, 05:26   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I wonder why Vento was so persistent, even though she did know? Or if Touma had punched her to senses?
Persistent? Which part are you referring to?

Quote:
How much do you want to know without spoiling?

I can tell you he's a very powerful character...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 06:43   Link #59
gaboratamer

Favorite episode so far. Accel did honor to his name, Touma is punching womens again and the animation during the scenes is beautiful. The only problem I have with this episode is that this isnt the season finale (why J.C. staff).

Whatever, next ep: SS1 I guess...
gaboratamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 07:21   Link #60
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Persistent? Which part are you referring to?
Her persistence on her hatred of science. She barely took his words.

Quote:
How much do you want to know without spoiling?

I can tell you he's a very powerful character...
Even if I do spoiled, I can choose to zip my mouth, you know.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote