AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 05:04   Link #701
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Character image for the upcoming Smile Precure Movie
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-12562.html
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 08:14   Link #702
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
It seems that Nissan combi is not famous at all... Nao...
Huh. For as much as I consider pixiv my source for character popularity and the fandom's thoughts on things, I have to remember it's only one possible venue.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:11   Link #703
gsilver

This scene was hilarious:
Old 2012-10-25, 23:40   Link #704
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Yayoi started the whole thing, such a troublemaker.
Old 2012-10-26, 02:39   Link #705
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I found this video. Pretty neat!
Old 2012-10-26, 21:52   Link #706
gsilver

Figuarts Zero Kise Yayoi / Cure Peace:

I want to buy those...

Last edited by gsilver; 2012-10-28 at 14:29. Reason: Myfigurecollection doesn't like hotlinks...
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 21:19   Link #707
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Wilhelm Grimm's Magical Girls 37 - Decors, Election and Reika: Reika's On the Butterfly Ballot:
Old 2012-10-28, 04:28   Link #708
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep37:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 14:27   Link #709
gsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
I found this video. Pretty neat!
Did anyone make a copy of that? I forgot to save it and it got taken down
Old 2012-10-29, 01:37   Link #710
ACTL_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post

I want to buy those...
Agreed with you on that; but honestly, I was hoping that we'd see a figure of Yayoi in her regular outfit as well.
ACTL_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:03   Link #711
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Smile Precure! Film Is 1st in Franchise to Top Box Office

This pleases me.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:19   Link #712
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, so much for a "horrible" series... Seems Smile has gathered a bit of popularity.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:15   Link #713
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
That is certainly good news.

Quote:
Nice figurine. Might pick one up if I see one in a convention.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 08:08   Link #714
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Well, so much for a "horrible" series... Seems Smile has gathered a bit of popularity.
The thing I think the Smile haters don't get is it's really REALLY good for the target audience, very colorful, funny and energetic. Much better than moody Heartcatch or faux-fariytale Suite was.

Also it has good characters and good comedy, so it's popular with the otaku fanbase.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:21   Link #715
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
The thing I think the Smile haters don't get is it's really REALLY good for the target audience, very colorful, funny and energetic. Much better than moody Heartcatch or faux-fariytale Suite was.

Also it has good characters and good comedy, so it's popular with the otaku fanbase.
... I don't know what other "haters" are saying, but I know for me I just didn't enjoy the series. There is no "get" or "understand"... I didn't like the characters or comedy enough to continue.

I enjoyed Heartcatch and Suite more than I enjoyed this (I didn't see Fresh, 5/Gogo, Splash Star, Max Heart, or the first season), and I didn't even really like Heartcatch all that much. A friend of mine absolutely hated Heartcatch. It all comes down to personal tastes, rather than "hating for the sake of hating" and "not noticing something good when you see it"...

Pretty Cure has a pretty strong following and this series seems to be doing well. So I mean that's great and all, I just know that I'm not one of the many people who like it... I'm saying this only because I haven't seen anybody claiming that the series wasn't good for its target audience, I've only seen people giving their opinions and the amount of praise I've seen has far outweighed the amount of criticism, so I'm even surprised to see somebody address these "haters"... ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 21:22   Link #716
Diveman

Spoiler for ep 37:

Regarding Smile PC:

I think it is "alright", not awesome but not bad either, there definitely have been good moments (most of them involving Yayoi :P) and other that were just "alright". But I've learned to appreciate it for what it is: A simple yet entertaining PC series.

Even though it is far from being my fav Pretty Cure series so far (mine is Fresh PC) and the girls not being that much of my liking (my fav pretty cure so far is Erika from Heartcatch),I think it is still "ok". I hope the next PC series brings back more elements from older series.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 22:41   Link #717
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
... I don't know what other "haters" are saying, but I know for me I just didn't enjoy the series. There is no "get" or "understand"... I didn't like the characters or comedy enough to continue.

I enjoyed Heartcatch and Suite more than I enjoyed this (I didn't see Fresh, 5/Gogo, Splash Star, Max Heart, or the first season), and I didn't even really like Heartcatch all that much. A friend of mine absolutely hated Heartcatch. It all comes down to personal tastes, rather than "hating for the sake of hating" and "not noticing something good when you see it"...

Pretty Cure has a pretty strong following and this series seems to be doing well. So I mean that's great and all, I just know that I'm not one of the many people who like it... I'm saying this only because I haven't seen anybody claiming that the series wasn't good for its target audience, I've only seen people giving their opinions and the amount of praise I've seen has far outweighed the amount of criticism, so I'm even surprised to see somebody address these "haters"... ^^;
I apologize. I was in no way talking about you. Smile seems to be mired in controversy in most places it's discussed on the net. It's been compared unfavorably to both Heartcatch and Suite since the first episode. The former because it wasn't a Heartcatch clone and the latter because it had a huge hype train leading up to it and was such a departure from Suite that it left fans of that series pretty irked.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 22:46   Link #718
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
I apologize. I was in no way talking about you. Smile seems to be mired in controversy in most places it's discussed on the net. It's been compared unfavorably to both Heartcatch and Suite since the first episode. The former because it wasn't a Heartcatch clone and the latter because it had a huge hype train leading up to it and was such a departure from Suite that it left fans of that series pretty irked.
Oh okay, I wasn't aware. I'm surprised, I usually come across nothing but praise concerning the series... especially when compared to Suite. ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 22:54   Link #719
Midonin
Last Engage

Other than the base concept, the differences are the fun part. I understand what a jarring difference in tone can do for a fandom - one of the most striking examples was the turnover from Gekiranger to Go-Onger. Because of Japanese TV scheduling, there's no chance to breathe between series, and it's always tough coming off a finale, where the house of cards has finished toppling, to something that's only just building its metaphorical house. Geki was generally well-received (though it had a bit of an uphill climb to get there), and it wasn't until several years after the fact that Go-On started getting any positive reception. (I blame some of this on TV-Nihon, but that's for a completely different topic.)

For me, as I would with any of these big franchises, have been taking Smile as its own thing. And also keeping myself up to date on what the pixiv community is doing. I generally like it, with most of that like coming from Yayoi. Artist toku/mecha fan mischief-making lover of weird things magical girl, with a hint of shyness - episodes 19 and 35 showcase the two sides of her that I feel make her my favorite character in not just Smile, but probably out of all the Precure series I've seen. I haven't been here that long, but it's always fun to talk about.
Old 2012-10-31, 00:13   Link #720
gsilver

IMO, Smile has been the funniest season of Precure so far, I like the colorful design and prefer the cutesy style to the more realistic designs of some other seasons, and it's had some really fun episodes. I also think that the character development of the main cast and the side characters are very weak, and I'm disappointed by the lack of any kind of main story arc.

...I still find it a fun and enjoyable show, but I guess I'm one of the haters.

Tags
magical girl, shoujo