AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 10:27   Link #261
mayumi

I am looking for spoilers from the novel of this series, is there a light novel thread for this series or any website that carries spoilers?
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 10:50   Link #262
Marina2

Ah, it's nice too see when they can make "Body switch" plot serious while in other show it'll be just a joke ep.

I own the first vol. of novel, should I just read it or watch anime........hmm
Old 2012-07-15, 10:56   Link #263
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm.. some shows do somehow have a good compatibility with you I guess. I usually hate this kind of shows(high school romance, love triangle, cutesy design), but somehow this show manage to strike a chord with me, whether it's the seiyuu cast, likable cast or the decent animation work, and make me read through the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ah, it's nice too see when they can make "Body switch" plot serious while in other show it'll be just a joke ep.

I own the first vol. of novel, should I just read it or watch anime........hmm
Read the novel. It's very good for its genre(which I usually don't like)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:06   Link #264
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Hmm, the girls hope that they don't need the toilet when in the boys bodies?

In that case, I hope the exact opposite and hope that they do need the toilet in the boys body! That will be something humorous to watch as they panic, freak out and worry XD
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:24   Link #265
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
One question concerning the "explanation": did Heartseed say it would end when HE started to think "well, that was fun", or when THEY find themselves starting to think that...?
It's ambiguous, although I think Heartseed is most likely. The Japanese is something like: "...when it becomes like 'that was pretty fun,' that's when it will end." The Japanese word omoshiroi has a meaning that covers "interesting," "fun," and "funny." Jp:"... 'sokosoko omoshirokatta naa' to iu kanji ni nareba, sono jiten de owarimasu kara."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:49   Link #266
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

The 2nd episode certainly had a more darker feel to it compared to the first, its unexpected but certainly welcomed. Let's see how good they can make it.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:57   Link #267
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Hmm, the girls hope that they don't need the toilet when in the boys bodies?

In that case, I hope the exact opposite and hope that they do need the toilet in the boys body! That will be something humorous to watch as they panic, freak out and worry XD
What did Iori mean when she said she learned to pee standing up.
Did she mean as a girl or as a boy?
Old 2012-07-15, 11:58   Link #268
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What did Iori mean when she said she learned to pee standing up.
Did she mean as a girl or as a boy?
I think she meant that she learnt how to pee whilst standing up as a girl, so peeing as a boy would be no problem for her
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:02   Link #269
Qilin
Romanticist

Hm. I feel a bit guilty for writing this series off initially.

Mind you, it's nothing spectacular. However, it's much better than my expectations warranted. From the looks of it, the whole body-switching schtick works not only for the sake of introducing hilarious scenarios but also as a device for exposing each character's individual stories. I'm certainly glad at the direction this has taken thus far. Right now, it's a good combination of fun and tense.

On the other hand, the introduction of Heartseed into the picture made me question this show's genre. The abrupt introduction of sci-fi elements felt awkwardly introduced, not to mention completely killing the mood of the scene.
Old 2012-07-15, 13:08   Link #270
HandofFate

Yea I don't know how I feel about the introduction of the HeartSeed medium into the mix.

Rather it just be an unknown phenomenon, and from what I feel about the direction of the story, once a character's "Conflict" or Coming of Age moment happens and gets resolved, they escape the loop of body switching and it be down to only 4 people being able to switch, and it keep going from there.
Old 2012-07-15, 13:22   Link #271
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

My general assumption was that Heartseed's introduction is the most we'll actually get in terms of fantasy/sci fi explanations, and we probably won't see him again until the end of the show. He was just there to provide exposition on why the body switching is happening and nothing more. I personally liked it since it gave the body switching trope and added sombre element of being toyed around with which I haven't seen before. It could easily lead to an extra layer drama since the extreme lack of control they have over their situations is bound to cause more and more stress as they go along especially when they know someone's at fault but can't lash out.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:44   Link #272
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I think she meant that she learnt how to pee whilst standing up as a girl, so peeing as a boy would be no problem for her
Actually, since it had been about a week since the swaps had started, I thought she meant that she'd already gone ahead and taken care of Taichi's business once or twice, thus learning from practice how to do it without any mishaps. Though if that was the case I expect Taichi would've noticed after her first attempt, since I doubt she'd make it through the entire first time without error, all the way to zipping up afterward.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:32   Link #273
eupseudes

Yeah, I'm treating the HeartSeed business as lampshading the "Why body-swapping" question: "Because it's entertaining." Why of course.
eupseudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:51   Link #274
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Here's a characters/seiyuus page to help keep the characters and their seiyuus straght. Pics of characters and their seiyuus, with info about each seiyuu.

This is from a novel, so I suspect the author has worked out an interesting reason for the switches, and has a fuller background for Heartseed. At least I hope so.

As for the word "heartseed," we should not take its English associations too literally. In Japanese, the word used is fuusenkazura 風船葛, or "balloon-vine." It's an annual vine that seems to grow quickly. Pics. Why he chooses that name I really have no idea.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-07-15, 15:54   Link #275
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All that's really needed under Fujiwara-san's pic is "Boss"...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:23   Link #276
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

The mood in ep.2 was quite different, much more serious... color me surprised, I was somewhat disappointed with the first episode, but the staff now showed some ambition in their work
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:27   Link #277
HandofFate

I just want to bring up that Iori's "Ruined for marriage" delivery line was AMAZING.
That joke is probably my favorite overused line, and the way she pulled it off was perfect.
Just because taichi grabbed her own body with her own hand when they switched, lol.
Old 2012-07-15, 20:30   Link #278
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Holy fuck, things got serious really quick. Lovin it.

I really loved Iori in this ep. From swimming on the bed to worrying about her purity..good lord. So adorable~!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:53   Link #279
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I just want to bring up that Iori's "Ruined for marriage" delivery line was AMAZING....
I've got to say, this may be my favorite Toyosaki Aki role ever. That feels great, since Medaka may have been my least favorite.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:49   Link #280
Elestia

Inaba lecturing Goto in the teacher's room was classic. It takes balls to lie to a teacher and lecture them at the same time.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life